1. Entertainment

November Sweeps

By October 21, 2008

It's almost that time for November Sweeps! What lies ahead for the citizens of Salem? Here's a few previews according to Soap Opera Weekly and Soap Opera Digest:
  • Philip will offer Stephanie an internship at Titan. Is there a new pairing on the horizon or will things be strictly business between these two? Does Max fit into her life anymore?
  • Brady will return mid-November. What does this mean for Lucas and Chloe? And what about that hot kiss which Philip and Chloe shared at the pub on the Friday, October 3 episode?
  • Nick is still interested in Melanie, but is she using him for her own financial gain?
  • Bo and Hope will discover who Trent's killer is. Is it Melanie, Nicole, or someone we would least expect?
  • Sadly, John and Marlena's divorce is final. What does this mean for their future? Will we ever get the "old" John back?
  • Abe becomes the new Mayor of Salem.
  • Lexie continues to have trouble with Theo, and it appears that Chelsea's the only one who can get through to him.
  • As previously mentioned in my Steve and Kayla commentary, John will hire Steve to find the mayor's killer, which will not please Kayla. Let's hope this means that our beloved couple is on more than two days a month!
  • Sami gets a new guard named Rafael after she enters the Witness Protection Program. He eventually discovers she's pregnant. Is he a match for the feisty Ms. Brady?
  • Nicole's life and the life of her baby's are at stake.
  • Stefano offers E.J. a position as attorney for DiMera shipping.

Pictured: Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip)

Paul Drinkwater / Copyright 2008 NBC Universal

Comments

October 22, 2008 at 3:29 am
(1) Penny says:

Ok, so it looks like Stephanie and Phillip could possible by a new couple in the future eh? Well, that might be kinda cool, I LOVE Max And Stephanie, but if he is going to break up with her over doing the right thing, I mean don’t get me wrong, I get she promised, but he never should have made her do that, he should have known that he should have went to Bo and Hope with the info himself being that his Ma is the # 1 suspect, I get it’s his sister, but they have known each other like what a month or 2? Come on, wise up Max, love ya, but wise up. And will like that it looks like Steve and Kayla will have more airtime..finally!!!! And I hope Abe is the new mayor, who else could it be, John? Hope? Bo? Roman maybe? I don’t think any one of them would take that away from Abe though, except maybe John! I really liked that Nicole was pregnant miraculously with EJs baby, but now I dont know..she is so needy and it is getting annoying real quick! And not sure about a new guy in Sami’s life..doesnt she have enough of them? Will have to see how they are together first I guess…but can finally say that I almost wish her and EJ would have worked out…I used to HATE EJ the Rapist, but the writers have done a great job turning him around, and when Sami forgave him, I figured I had to as well. I mean if it were not for Nicole, I think Sami and EJ would be together now, and can you imagine what a sweet moment it COULD have been when she told him they were having another baby? Bummer we will never get to see a moment like that…who knows when he is going to find out, and I doubt that since she waited so long, it will be FAR from sweet!

October 22, 2008 at 7:04 am
(2) rachel says:

i hope sami tell ej very soon they’r the only reson i watche the sohw,,

October 23, 2008 at 7:12 pm
(3) Sandy says:

I think john and nicole might be an intresting couple until John gets back his memory i thinks its a great idea but Sami definatily belongs with EJ…….

October 25, 2008 at 12:25 am
(4) annie says:

I hope writers put Ej and Sami together , thats the reason why me and my friends watching days. I hope nicole can find another man , shes annoying though .

October 26, 2008 at 9:36 am
(5) Judi says:

Please kill off Marlena and John. They are OLD and acting like 2 young kids. John is a lot like Hope….he raisEs his eyebrow. Marlena is a has been. Have them move to Europe never to be seen again. I know Julie and Doug are also oder but they are fun and interesting. Marlena is all mushy like a schoolgirl. PLEASE KILL HER AND JOHN. tHEY DO NOTHING FOR THE STORY.

October 27, 2008 at 11:37 am
(6) LisaD says:

None of these spoilers interest me. I’m so disappointed that John & Marlena have no story. Too bad Ed Scott got fired instead of Dena Higley and her poison pen.

October 27, 2008 at 3:02 pm
(7) Donna says:

Please don’t take Marlena and John off the show. They aren’t what you call old, they just need a good story line. I find all the age groups interesting.

October 27, 2008 at 3:36 pm
(8) Glued to Days says:

I only watch Day’s because of Sami and EJ, honestly if they don’t put them together soon and have Sami tell EJ she is Pregnant i’m gonna
stop watching… they are the only interesting 2 on the whole show, i honestly wish they would write Nicole off, didn’t like her in the passt and don’t like her now… Sami may have her quirts, she just following in her mother’s footsteps….(Marlena)…Day’s bring Sami and EJ together before you loose your ratings…and fans…

October 27, 2008 at 8:41 pm
(9) Teri says:

I Love Days and I have been watching it over twenty years. I watch it everyday and I’m a true and loyal fan. I love Bo and Hope and John and Marlena. I hope Sami tells EJ she going to have another one of his babies. He’d drop Nicole in a heartbeat.

October 30, 2008 at 1:51 pm
(10) JAG says:

Humm… nothing about Kate, her cancer, and Daniel in the sweeps???

October 31, 2008 at 9:04 am
(11) Days Fan says:

I wish that Sami would go ahead and tell EJ that she’s pregnant. . .this storyline is killing me!! It’s nothing but a repeat of her last pregnancy!! Sami and EJ belong together and Days should allow that!!

October 31, 2008 at 12:31 pm
(12) mary says:

I wish they could get This baby to be Lucas like thet did Bo and Hope with Zach they thought it was Stephano or John neither of them remembered maybe they could do that for Sami

November 1, 2008 at 3:32 am
(13) michelle says:

New info:

(Week of November 10th)

Nick threw a creepy “private” birthday party for Melanie, in which he gave her a “friendship” ring, and he had a flashback that revealed he was Trent’s killer. Things got weirder: Nick tried to talk Melanie into leaving Salem with him, but she wanted to stay put. Then, in Maggie’s house, Melanie discovered the stationery on which the threatening note was written. She confronted Nick and he admitted to writing the note and making the phone calls, but said he did it to protect Melanie. The follow-up – Nick told Melanie she had killed Trent he saw her do it. He convinced her it was the truth. But Bo and Hope got the real story from the cemetery’s caretaker. He ID’ed Nick as the killer to shocked Bo and Hope.

November 1, 2008 at 12:25 pm
(14) Tiffany says:

I can not believe that Sami and EJ are not together… I must say the only reason I watch the show is to see the connection that they have.

November 1, 2008 at 10:10 pm
(15) Lula says:

Give us more Marlena and John . Love them and Bo and Hope. More Chloe. I have watched this show from day one. Now have my daughter hooked.

November 2, 2008 at 10:53 am
(16) Patti says:

Sami belongs with Lucas. Only Lucas would keep her baby secret, specially after she kept Will from him. I think Nicole and EJ make a great pair. Nicole needs someone to love her. Nick thinks he is in love with Melanie, He needs to feel needed. He is still in love with Chelse

November 4, 2008 at 8:45 pm
(17) Laina says:

I think it would be interesting to see Sami with Rafe, and as for EJ I would like to see him with Nicole. Also would like to see Caroline and Victor get together. I hate the Kate Daniel chelsea story. When EJ finds out sami is pregnant with his child Nicole will probaly end up on the short end of the stick and she really treats eJ best. EJ did wrong yet i feel like he really loves Sami.

November 4, 2008 at 8:46 pm
(18) Laina says:

Philip and EJ are the hottest guys on there.

November 6, 2008 at 2:13 am
(19) jmsmith3 says:

OMG! How long to we ahve to wait for Sami to tell EJ she is preggo? They belong together..however, I hope that Nicole doesn’t lose her baby because she has gotten soooooooo darn cute regarding the baby. I hope they give her this child to love instead of that little doggie….she seems like she would be such a great mom. I hope she and John end up together..they ahve chemistry.

November 7, 2008 at 1:09 am
(20) Rona says:

I love the interaction with Phillip and Melanie. More of that please! He’s on to her game, and it’s fun to watch.

November 7, 2008 at 5:17 pm
(21) roanokefan says:

I have really enjoyed the new characters, especially Melanie Layton. She has more spunk and raw spirit than fans could ask for. I love the crazy story line with everyone having such strong feelings for or against her! She sure is getting things stirred up on the show! Love her! Keep up the good work!!

November 14, 2008 at 1:01 pm
(22) Faith says:

I love the interaction b/w Philip and Melanie. I hope some Romance will spark soon and the end up together. That is one of the reason I am watching DOOL.

November 17, 2008 at 1:11 pm
(23) Debbie says:

Get Rid of Melaine. her character is just aweful and she is a really BAD actress. Sami is SO annoying lately even more so than normal. It would be cool if she and Rafe got together and then she could quit her whinning. Don’t make Nicole loose her baby, I really love her and EJ together. Really too bad about Jay leaving the show. No need to replace him as nobody can play Philip as well.

November 18, 2008 at 8:32 pm
(24) Sandy Almada says:

I hope Sammie and EJ get back together.. Nicole is just not the Motherly type maybe she will miscarrie and get with Brady….. I feel so bad for Nick he is confused and never gets it right..Sorry John and Marlena will be leaving but they are stale news anymore and the ne John is boring anyway.. I been watching for 40 years and am glad we have more time now..