1. Entertainment

Soapnet Schedule Change

By November 27, 2008

One of our DAYS forum members recently alerted me about the schedule change regarding SOAPnet and when they air same-day episodes of Days of Our Lives. It has come to my attention that SOAPnet no longer airs the Sunday night / Monday morning marathon of all the previous week's DAYS episodes. SOAPnet used to air Sunday night marathons from 7 p.m. until 12 a.m. ET, which was wonderful. Then, they changed the time from 12 a.m. until 5 a.m. ET. Not to worry, you can still catch the same-day episodes weeknights on Soapnet at 11 p.m. ET. Additionally, you can watch the previous days' episodes Tuesday through Friday mornings 4 a.m. ET and again at 10 a.m. ET. If you happen to miss Friday's episode on NBC, you can watch it on SOAPnet on Saturday morning at 4 a.m. ET and again the following Monday morning at 10 a.m. ET.

If you would like to give feedback regarding the programming on SOAPnet, you can call the hotline at (818) 460-7477.

Photo courtesy of NBC Universal

Comments

January 4, 2009 at 11:09 pm
(1) Rick Wynne says:

SoapNet is getting very unreliable. On Christmas night, they reran the Christmas Eve episode even though Days was new on Christmas Day. Then they ran the Friday episode Friday night at 11 skipping the Christmas Day episode. They did the same thing last week. I stayed up Friday night to watch the Friday episode only to find them rerunning the Thursday episode again. So, now I will miss Friday’s episode unless I play hookey from work tomorrow and hope they run the Friday episode on Monday morning.

January 9, 2009 at 11:24 pm
(2) Leen says:

I’m sitting here really frustrated because I missed Days today and waited to watch it tonight…It clearly says Days of Our Lives TODAY, but it’s yesterday’s program! Further tease when the guide teases with “John gets hypnotised today” Will Friday’s episode air…really…tomorrow again at ten? This is not the first time this week it happened..Tuesday night was it?

January 21, 2009 at 9:44 pm
(3) SMR says:

I hate soapnet. they are pushing all of the non-Disney/abc soaps right off their channel. they didn’t pick up Passions – instead opting to run re-runs of defunct shows, and their own stupid soap variety shows. now, they are making it almost impossible to see Days!!
if I miss an episode, I’m never sure if they are going to run it or when, which nights they do or don’t show Days, now they don’t run last week’s episodes on sundays anymore.
soon they’ll be showing Lost instead of any non-Disney owned soap operas!
and, of course, they have the spoiler banners running across the bottom of the screen so i have the surprise ruined when i DON’T want it to be!
if it wasn’t the only place to catch Days episodes i miss, i would NEVER EVER watch sopnet it – i HATE it! is there another way to see past episodes onlne somewhere? i tried nbc/Days of our Lives, but got confused, and each page took so darned long to load…
arggh
did i tell you how i really feel?
Yup.

July 8, 2009 at 8:35 pm
(4) linda says:

with the change to digital tv I can no long tape Days – I figure ok I’ll watch on soapnet – BIG PROBLEM tho it’s not on Thursday becasue if Louisville Belle’s and once again yesterdays show did not play – it was a repeat of Monday. What a joke their station is!!!!!

July 30, 2009 at 12:02 am
(5) tina says:

I dont understand why you show less days of our lives and more of general hospital and young and restless and so many reruns of 90210 no one cares reruns you should put more days of our lives and less reruns

July 30, 2009 at 12:28 am
(6) mj says:

It really sucks that you show very little of days of our lives and more of other soap operas there is alot I mean alot of pepole that watch days of our lives.

August 6, 2009 at 8:07 pm
(7) sharon says:

i just called my cable company & cancelled soapnet!!
there’s just no point to it anymore, i mean, when one has to be up at 4:00am for work its a tad inconvenient to stay up till 11:00pm to watch the ABC soaps! why in the world would anyone tune in to a “soap” channel to watch a reality show?! isn’t that kinda like tuning in to the food network channel to catch a wrestling match?

August 12, 2009 at 3:19 pm
(8) SK Smith says:

I agree! We switched to DirecTV that does not carry NBC soaps, so am stuck with recording Soapnet. From day one, the Thursday DOOL episodes are not taped, so I do not get to watch that day at all. It is easier to log onto soapoperadigest.com and read the Recaps column. I only watch one program, DOOL, and can’t even get that half the time.

August 18, 2009 at 7:47 pm
(9) jenni says:

i am so sick of the stupid movies you put on, on sat and sun morning i would rather watch reruns of melrose place ormore of one tree than those movies,also soap bio and one day with are getting really really old.please do something about this before i stop watching altogether.

September 27, 2009 at 11:17 pm
(10) marni says:

i have specifically set up my programing to get “Daysof our lives” but due to the same comments that are above I am going to drop it as it is a pure waste of money and moreover they do not have on Soaps but tiresome old reruns. Sometimes I just cannot get home from the office during the day and I am no whiz at setting the recorder either. So tomorrow I call Dish net and tell them why this is a waste of money and time for me.