1. Entertainment

Rachel Melvin Leaving DAYS

By February 11, 2009

Soap Opera Digest is reporting that Rachel Melvin has decided not to renew her contract when it ends this spring and will be leaving her role as Chelsea Brady. The role will reportedly not be recast and the door will remain open for her return if she chooses. Word is that the show will find Max another love interest.

The Emmy-nominated actress took over the role of Chelsea Benson from previous portrayer Mandy Musgrave in 2005. Chelsea would later change her last name to Brady upon discovering her true lineage. She first emerged onto the scene as a selfish, rude, mean-spirited young woman, but eventually changed her tune when Nick Fallon came into her life. Unfortunately, their on-again, off-again romance fizzled when she fell for Dr. Daniel Jonas. Nowadays, she's been getting closer to Max, but still hasn't had much of a storyline lately.

No final airdate has been confirmed yet, but I'll keep you posted. Best of luck to Rachel in her future endeavors down the road. You can keep up with Rachel on her official blog, as she updates it periodically and has obviously proven that she's a true Hollywood class act, wise beyond her years.

Pictured: Rachel Melvin as Chelsea Brady

Mitchell Haaseth / Copyright 2007 NBC Universal

Comments

February 14, 2009 at 11:25 pm
(1) sick of days says:

good riddance. I’m sick of the character.

February 15, 2009 at 12:22 pm
(2) Todd Greenberg says:

Rachel Melvin, if it wasn’t for her great acting, her character would have been a waste of space. Because of how good she is as a performer the show grew. Chelsea was introduced through Abbey who left the show, then Max, Steph, Nick, Nicks cousin, and Abe’s nephew all were all re-introduced or created for the show to have a younger audience appeal. If it wasn’t for her none of this would have been possible. She is one of my favorite characters on the show. A shame Days is going down in flames. I think it is all intentional so the show does get canceled. Sami, Bo and Hope cannot hold the shows fan base alone.

February 22, 2009 at 1:04 pm
(3) lainamorris says:

Why not get rid of Melanie????????

February 22, 2009 at 6:41 pm
(4) Angel says:

I say good riddance! And while they’re getting rid of characters, get rid of Melany and Dr. Jonas. They have no ties to any of the other characters. BRING BACK JOHN AND MARLINA AND KEEP STEVE AND KAYLA!! If you’d stop bringing in people who have no connection to the core families, you wouldn’t need to get rid of the ‘stars’. You have ruined DOOL.

February 27, 2009 at 8:08 pm
(5) lainamorris says:

Well how about getting rid of Dr. Caveman?

March 7, 2009 at 8:15 pm
(6) J.M. says:

Lose Melanie…she is a terrible actress and I can’t stand her obnoxious character. And Chloe and Daniel need to go…seriously very tired of that dragged out, boring, ridiculous storyline. It’s sad that Chelea is leaving…they could have done so much more with her character. As for Kayla and Steve…they can go – they never brought anything back when they returned. I’m still extremely confused as to why Marlena and John were let go…that was the worst decision they could have made.

March 13, 2009 at 4:48 pm
(7) Cas says:

I’m so sad that Rachel is leaving. I always loved her character on the show and she’s gorgeous! I hope she comes back to the show later on. :(

April 19, 2009 at 1:15 pm
(8) slocala says:

Let Will and Mia characters go. These 2 are not by any means an actor or actress. Sorry guys, but you need to go. They are so fake….bring back JOHN AND MARLENA!!!! PLEASE!!!!

April 25, 2009 at 10:34 am
(9) bonnie t says:

I really cannot believe that you would take John amd Marlana off this show. On top of that you take Kayla and Steve off.
What happened? Did you have to pay them to much. Well guess what you get what you pay for ex. Will, Melanie, Max just a few. Wow you are ruining this show after 35 years of watching this. I hope you happy!!!!!!! Heres a idea why dont you take off Hope and Bo. Ruin the whole show your doing a good job!!!!!
A very dissapointed watcher