1. Entertainment
As previously reported in the casting news, Mark Hapka is joining the cast as Nathan Horton this summer. According to reports, his first airdate will be Wednesday, June 17. Nathan is Maggie’s grandson who is a first-year intern at University Hospital and will live with Maggie, thus crossing paths with Melanie. He is the son of Pete Jannings and Melissa, Mickey and Maggie’s adopted daughter. One question, however, still remains: When did Pete and Melissa even have a son? (Read more).

Pictured: Mark Hapka as Nathan Horton

Michael Loccisano / Copyright 2009 Getty Images

Comments

May 30, 2009 at 7:34 am
(1) Cheryl says:

I loved Pete & Melissa! :)

May 30, 2009 at 7:47 am
(2) daysofourlives says:

I did too Cheryl! :) I was so disappointed when they broke up and she fell for Lars.

May 30, 2009 at 3:08 pm
(3) mark says:

Melissa was one of my favorite cahracters of all time on Days as well. I am already confused about Nathan. If Pete and Melissa are his parents, shouldn’t Nathan’s last name be Jannings instead of Horton ? Anyway, I am hoping for new storylines soon. I am so over this Philip and Stephanie thing being kidnapped in the mourge thing. It’s stupid. I kind of wish a new family would come to Days. I liked that woman that played Mia’s cousin the other day. Maybe some of Mia’s family could come on the show ?

May 30, 2009 at 7:00 pm
(4) Patsy says:

Where is Mickey Horton?? Gesh, Maggie has all these kids that are moving in and Mickey is not around.

May 30, 2009 at 8:22 pm
(5) Sandra Streb says:

Money,Money,Money is the most important commodity which unfortunatley is needed over anything else. We the viewers have supplied the money indirectily and directly to all the creators ect that made days possible. We are the ones that have to give up our beloved actors(Marlena,John,Kalya,Steve,Tony,Anna,and whoever is next. These actors also have made the money for the same creators etc. We the viewers (rating makers) have to give up all those wonderful and talented actors to make room to bring in all these less talented group of children playing adult roles (great examples for our children). So because of money,and or greed we are the ones that pay the price. You want have to worry about cancelling the show. The show may cancell the viewers if it doesn’t bring back the great actors that made the show. It is one kid after the other coming on the show. You will end up paying and loosing more than you are trying to gain. If and when our economy turns around and you even try to bring back some of those let go they may decide to not come back and who could blame them. I miss them.

May 30, 2009 at 9:07 pm
(6) Pam says:

and why is he a Horton

May 30, 2009 at 11:41 pm
(7) Andrea says:

He looks like Austin peck to me

May 30, 2009 at 11:51 pm
(8) Nancy says:

Oh, for Pete’s sake! I guess the writers are rewriting history. UGH! And I agree with an earlier poster, if he’s Pete and Melissa’s son, shouldn’t his last name be “Jannings”? And on a similar note, when did Will change his last name to Horton??

May 31, 2009 at 12:10 am
(9) Marcia says:

I’m so disappointed with Days recently. They got rid of John and Marlena, Steve and Kayla, Tony and Anna. The characters all of us fans love, and for what? To bring in young characters and focus on them. Why not get rid of Kate – she’s 50 and is trying to dress like a 20 year old and is not a good actress at all. They need to bring back the power couples or I am seriously going to stop watching the show I’ve been loyal to for 25 years. I hate to see such a great show go downhill. Shame on them.

May 31, 2009 at 8:12 am
(10) Anne says:

Ya know we say how well is days doing their homework when it comes to csating and remembering the past. Brady continually says he is NOT related to sami..BUT HE IS. He is a brady, because his father john’s mother was colleen brady…he is a dimera, because his father is a dimera because colleen got pregnant by a dimera..stephano’s father……and he is a kiriarkis because his mother was isabella who was victor’s daughter..so listen now….Brady’s grandmother colleen is sami’s GREAT aunt……so they are like second cousins..so DAYS get with it on the history..fans like me who have been watching for 35 years and pay attention and have a memory will call you on this stuff.

May 31, 2009 at 6:59 pm
(11) Jack says:

It’s time for DOOL to go the same way Passions did. With all the old guys gone it’s just a piece of ____ as a show. Nothing new just the same old crap with different faces. Look at all the females on Days. Their just like a pin cushion. They have laid with just about every male that is on the show. I wonder why the writers haven’t had them sit on a rock and have Satan have his way with them!

May 31, 2009 at 7:47 pm
(12) luvthevets says:

In no way, shape or form is this new guy a Horton. Pete and Melissa never had a kid. Pete had a child with Ivy. Melissa was not a Horton, bioligical or adopted. Maggie and Mickey were her guardians. Melissa was the daughter of Linda Phillips (can’t remember her father’s name. Linda later married an Anderson and Melissa went with that last name. This is a total historical rewrite and it would not seem that the writers did their homework either. This new character is not a Horton and Maggie is not his grandmother. It is all a plot device to get him and Melanie living under the same roof.

May 31, 2009 at 8:17 pm
(13) mark says:

Hey #4, I have been asking that question since Christmas. Where is Mickey ? Somebody mentioned something about Will. I loved it the other day when he was at Victors and Will asked Victor if he could invite some friends over and use the pool. All Victor said was check with Henderson.I thought that was funny. I was wondering when will became a Horton as well. I think Chloe said something about his name being Will Horton.

May 31, 2009 at 10:43 pm
(14) tuniepepper says:

Thefact that Mickey&Maggie have a grandson entering med-school and staying with Micky&Maggie is a little strange and the fact that Maggie never mentioned having grandchildren is very strange.

June 1, 2009 at 12:43 pm
(15) misty says:

Horton’s are and always have been “family orentanted”, which means that a grandson would be very special and Mickey&Maggie would spoken of this, “new Horton” all the way from birth to present. Why arwe we just now learning of this young man? The viewers need back-ground on this Horton and why we never knew Micky&Maggie were grandparents. If I had a grandchild I would certanly want to know. Although I am glad tosee another Horton come to Salem, where are Micky, Bill, Marie, Tommie, Laura, Milissa and Sarah? Where is Mrs. Alice Horton suspiose to be?

June 1, 2009 at 12:51 pm
(16) janiebell says:

Good Salem needs more Hortons. Maggie would be a great grandmother but we need explantions as to why noone in viewing land knew Micky and Maggie were grandparents. What about some background like why noone knew of this new Horton? Why Maggie was not “a bragging grandmother”? Whereis Micky? Why does noone ever mention Alice Horton, it islike outof sight out of mind?

June 2, 2009 at 2:22 pm
(17) mark says:

Here is a list of the characters i am enjoying on Days at this time. 1. Maggie, 2. Caroline, 3. Victor, 4. Bo 5. Roman, 6. Hope, 7. Sami, 8. Rafe, 9. Will. 10. Mia. The rest of the characters I really don’t care that much about right now. As, I said before I wish Days could bring in a new family and get something started with them.

June 3, 2009 at 1:33 pm
(18) Felicity TV Girl says:

I think Felisha Terrell who portray Arianna, Rafe’s sister is very beautiful and pretty. The casting dept did a great job when they picked her. I love looking and her.She makes my heart skip a beat. I would love to go out on a date with her and maybe some more.

June 3, 2009 at 1:46 pm
(19) Jayme says:

He was on Days a last year as someone else. I looked it up on IMBD and it said Johnny Age: 15 .. so maybe like a dream sequence or something. Cute kid :) , but does another one of Maggie’s nephews really need to fall in love with Melanie?

November 23, 2009 at 10:20 pm
(20) judy flinchum says:

hey nathan i want to meet you in real life nathan i like you on days of our lives

March 13, 2010 at 3:00 am
(21) margy says:

To Mark #13

Will is a Horton and a Brady, as Lucus is a Horton by blood. So even though he is Will Roberts he is a Horton.