1. Entertainment

Two Daytime Vets Return to DAYS

By June 18, 2009

Daytime Emmy winner and former DAYS star Crystal Chappell is returning to her role as Dr. Carly Manning, a.k.a. Katerina Von Leuschner, in September, as reported by TV Guide Magazine. Just four days after the news about Chappell was released, Soap Opera Digest reported that another Daytime Emmy winner, Wally Kurth, was returning to his former role on DAYS as Justin Kiriakis. With the drastic cast changes the show has experienced this year, news of two familiar faces from the past reprising their roles has given some fans renewed hope. (Read more).

Pictured: Crystal Chappell (Carly Manning)

Steven Henry / 2007 Getty Images

Comments

June 20, 2009 at 10:49 pm
(1) Deb says:

I have always like Carly Manning, but I think it is a shame that the PTB bring her back and not John and Marlena. They are and will always be the heart of Days. Besides, Sami really needs her Mom right now with everything going on.

June 21, 2009 at 1:32 am
(2) sue says:

now that guilding light will be off the air that is why she will be on days..

June 21, 2009 at 2:06 pm
(3) Robyn says:

Ditto Deb – I think John and Marlena should come back. BTW Shouldn’t they bring back her son who’s a former lover of Kate’s? After all Carly had him when she was like 10 or so.

June 21, 2009 at 9:51 pm
(4) ann says:

I think John, Marlana,Steve,Kayla and all of the other cast that was fired should be brought back

June 21, 2009 at 10:45 pm
(5) janiebell says:

Good news about Carly and Justin returning to days but what about John&Marlens and Steve/Patch&Kayla, when will they return? How is John&Marlena”s absent being reported with Brady’s kidnapping and all Sami has gone throughwithbabyGrace?
Whatabout Steve?Patch&Kayla not coming to the rescue of Stephany {“little sweetness”], WHEN Owen kidnapped Stephany, Stephany&Phillip’s engagement and Stephany graduating from college? Surley Steve/Patch&Kayla should have been present forall these things.

June 22, 2009 at 3:14 am
(6) Renee says:

I have been watching Days from the beginning, as a little girl of nine, sitting with my grandmother on her couch. I also wish that John Marlanna, Steve and Kayla would return. Of course, having Carley return and Justin will be good, the show should get back to its roots. I know that the young kids need some youthful story lines, and the writers are trying to establish a younger audience, but the baby boommers due spend money, and many of us hav been around twenty, thirty, or more years. Good luck to the Louders. The baby story line must of effected Arriana. Days is and has been a staple in my life, my sister’s lives, and my mother’s life. Like the mothers of today, One o’clock was the time the babies went for a knap, and you took a break, or folded some laundry. Keep the tridition going. for to cancel the show would be sad, that’s why the oldies but gooddies should come back to the show.

June 22, 2009 at 3:50 pm
(7) shannon says:

BRING BACK THE IMPORTANT ONES LIKE JOHN MARLANA STEVE KALA KIMBERLY JUSTIN AND CARLEY ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT TO THE SOAP WITH ALL THAT IS GOING ON WITH SAMI, YOU NEED TO BRING BACK HER MOTHER AND JOHN
PS WHY DID TONY LEAVE THE SHOW BRING HIM BACK LIKE YOU BRING STEFANO BACK FROM THE DEAD SO BRING HIM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 22, 2009 at 11:12 pm
(8) tuniepepper says:

Great to hear Carley and Justan are coming back to days but what about John&Marlena, and Steve/Patch&Kayla? Let us viewers have these 4 people back Mr.&Mrs.John Black and Mr.&Mrs.Steven Earl Johnston.

June 23, 2009 at 9:37 am
(9) Bridgette says:

When are John and Marlena coming back to the show? Also miss steve and Kayla. The show isn’t the same without these characters. What in the world are they thinking, getting rid of the awesome actors and actresses.

June 24, 2009 at 12:12 am
(10) Cheryl says:

Bring back what started it all in the first place. Carley and Justin have nothing to do with anything going on right now. We need Marlena and John and Patch and Kayla to deal with Sammy and Stephanie!!

June 24, 2009 at 12:12 am
(11) Misty says:

It will b great to have Carley and Justin back at days. Now bring back John, Marlena, Steve/Patch and Kayla.

June 25, 2009 at 1:53 pm
(12) Martha says:

I miss John and Marlena and Steve and Kayla.
The show just isn’t the same without them.
Loyal fan’s of Day’s are very disapointed and want them back!

June 25, 2009 at 3:28 pm
(13) Brenda Caunter says:

I agree with everyone else. Carly and Justin that’s nice. However bring back JOHN AND MARLENA and PATCH AND KAYLA!!!!!! I have also been watching the show for over 30 years, it’s great you want to appeal to the younger crowd but lets face it these days the younger crowd are too busy texting, playing on the computer, or going out. So why not give back to your loyal fans and bring the people back who made your show the best! John & Marlena and Patch & Kayla.

July 1, 2009 at 2:02 pm
(14) SHERYLL says:

CHAPPELL WILL BE WELCOMED BACK I AM SURE,BUT THEY REALLY DID MARLENA AND JOHN DIRTY. WE ALL WANT THEM BACK ALSO.THEY ADD TO THE HEAT AND PASSION OF DAYS!

July 1, 2009 at 3:31 pm
(15) tricia says:

when is this baby switch going to come to a head, I don’t care for Nicheol at all she gets by with everything it’s gone on too long, and yes the old crew should come back

July 1, 2009 at 7:04 pm
(16) Gude says:

I’ve watched Days since 1976 but am a ‘school vacation viewer’ as I am a teacher. I have just begun the summer of ’09 season and wondered why Marlena was not there for Sami when Grace died. I now read that she along with several other ‘classic’ days actors/actresses have been FIRED? What?
Please explain.

July 8, 2009 at 8:41 pm
(17) Skye says:

I like that they are bringing back Carly and Justin… Maybe this is just the beginning for the rest of the old cast… I am 21 and I have been watching this soap since I was little… I don’t like the newer people I think they should of kept Belle, Shawn, and Mimi… I hope that these new writers bring back the show I love so much… I want John and Marlena back they were awesome…

August 14, 2009 at 6:08 pm
(18) Missy says:

I about jumped around and yelled when Justin showed up on Days. I love him! He has always been one of my fave Days characters.