1. Entertainment

Jessica Tuck Joins the Cast of DAYS

By February 17, 2010

Soap Opera Digest is reporting that actress Jessica Tuck is joining the cast on Days of Our Lives as Chad's mother. She is best known to soap fans as Megan Gordon Harrison on One Life to Live, a role which won the hearts of many viewers and garnered her a Daytime Emmy nomination in 1992 for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series.

In addition to her role on One Life to Live, Tuck has also made appearances on a number of TV series, including HBO's True Blood, Cold Case, Saving Grace, Ghost Whisperer, and Grey's Anatomy. Soap fans may also recall that she portrayed Diane Wood on Sunset Beach back in 1998.

No word yet as to whether the role is contract or recurring, but Tuck's first airdate as Chad's mother is Wednesday, April 7.

Pictured: Jessica Tuck

Charley Gallay / 2007 Getty Images

Comments

February 20, 2010 at 1:00 pm
(1) mark says:

Cool, I will be looking forward to April then. I hope this is fresh new start for a fresh new family on Days. I hope the writers don’t mess this up. I really like David Leasure as Chad’s dad and I hope this person works out as Chad’s mom. I don’t watch One Life To Live so I don’t know her work or what she has done. I hope this is the start of something great and new. Just please don’t add anymore kids or baby’s to Days right now. I am really getting tired of the Sydney storyline. I can’t believe now it is almost the end of Feb. and Sami still has not gotten Sydney back yet. gees. lol.

February 21, 2010 at 1:01 am
(2) Shannon says:

I have a feeling with Jessica Tuck being cast as Chad’s mom that the role of his dad will be re-cast with someone more serious. I don’t know, its jmo, but it always struck me as odd having David Leisure playing Chad’s father. He’s always been more of a comedic actor and IMO doesn’t really belong in a soap (don’t get me wrong – he’s a good actor, but I just don’t think he’s right for this role).

February 21, 2010 at 5:35 pm
(3) Alice says:

I HOPE SYDNEY IS FOUND SOON, I AM TIRED OF ALL THIS DRAMA. I HOPE SHE IS FOUND SOON BEFORE SHE IS A GROWN WOMAN. SAMI, IF I WAS RAFE, I WOULD NOT BOTHER WITH HER. SHE AND EJ ARE TO BLAME FOR THE BABY BEING KIDNAPPED, IF THEY HADN’T BEEN ARGUING THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE AWARE OF THE CHILD. I THINK NICOLE CARED MORE FOR THAT BABY THAN SAMI OR EJ. PLEASE END THIS STORY LINE SOON. AS FOR STEPHANIE, WHAT A BUMMER, I HOPE NATHAN FINDS THAT NOTE TORN OR NOT. I LIKE CARLY, I HOPE SHE STAYS WITH BO, BUT I KNOW WHAT THE WRITERS ARE DOING. BO AND HOPE ARE GOING TO REPLACE ALICE HORTON AND HER HUSBAND. MAGGIE, MY GOD WE NEVER SAW MICKEY SO COME ON GET OVER IT.

February 22, 2010 at 8:51 am
(4) Karen says:

Neat, new blood since there is probably no chance of a few of the old crew coming back (John & Marlena) Maybe Stephano & Victor can join forces to make Chad’s parents miserable and leave the Bradys alone for a while (just a while).

February 22, 2010 at 10:39 pm
(5) mark says:

I am kind of glad there is new people finally coming on to the show. As much as I like Victor and don’t like Stefano though, i don’t think these new people should have anything to do with them lol. As I said before I hope this is the start of something new for Days with Chad’s family.

March 20, 2010 at 11:08 pm
(6) Laina Morris says:

I am so glad Sydney is back but Nicole was way better with her than Sami is. Sami is too wrapped up in Rafe but is constantly talking awful to him. He is a great looking guy and he could get someone else. Als I got mad because i want to see Stepano be able to hold Sydney. I am getting turned against ej. Stephano has evil ways but he loves Sydney. I loved the scene where she was pulling his beard and she smiles when she is around Nicole Anna and Stepahano. Victor is funny these days . The remark he made to Daniel about Carlys turkey basket then the other day he said horse hockey. I cracked up. The way he talks to Vivian is more than funny. Carly and Melanie are tiresome. Melanie was the dumb one who gave Stephanie her letter to give to Nathan. I dont exactly like Stephanie but she has got burned a few times. Melanie is being a brat to Carly and that pouty lip. Yes Max was right , she is as bratty as ever.

March 20, 2010 at 11:15 pm
(7) Laina Morris says:

I remember David Leisure from Empty Nest. It is different seeing him as a meanie,but he is such a good actor he is convincing. Nicole is good at acting. Rafe is getting tiresome. he needs to get away from Sami. Sami is whiny and does not appreciate Rafe enough. Yup she deserves Ej and what he has planned for her. Marlena always had guys bowing down to her and it did not matter who got hurt. i would hate to see Victor get with Vivian. I am tired of the way Bo treats Victor. I am more than sick of the way EJ treats Stefano. EJ is acting like a bonafide nut.