1. Entertainment

Francisco San Martin Let Go From Days of Our Lives

Francisco San Martin Francisco San Martin (Dario) is the latest casualty to be fired from Days of Our Lives. The actor posted the news on Twitter last week on June 9: "i wanted you guys to hear it from me first; DOOL has decided to bring back some of the old characters and i'll be one of the casualties." He also tweeted that his last tape date would be in early July, but his character would still be airing for about two months after that. The actor also mentioned via Twitter that he still plans to attend the 38th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards on Sunday, June 19 in Las Vegas.

Fans recall that Francisco San Martin first aired last November as the patient who died as a result of the Loma virus while under Nathan and Melanie's care. He made his first appearance as Dario Hernandez in March of this year and attempted to find his sister Arianna's killer while butting heads with Melanie. Some fans were warming up to the idea of Dario and Melanie, but other fans unfortunately didn't care for the potential pairing or for the character of Dario. I admit that I'm sorry to see him go!

Best wishes to Francisco San Martin in his future endeavors! You can keep up with the actor by following him on Twitter.

More on the DAYS Cast Cuts:

Pictured: Francisco San Martin (Dario)

2011 NBC Universal

Comments

June 16, 2011 at 12:13 pm
(1) herrmy says:

Aw Man…I was starting to like him and Mel together!

June 16, 2011 at 6:49 pm
(2) jbear says:

Thank God!

June 18, 2011 at 7:50 pm
(3) RICK MIOLINI says:

I LIKE DARIO AND I LIKE SEE HIM BACK TO DAYS OF OUR LIVES AND LET YOU KNOW MELANIE WANTS TO BE WITH DARIO AND THEY ARE A GREAT COUPLE AND THEY WANT TO BE TOGRTHER THANK YOU

June 19, 2011 at 9:08 am
(4) lou says:

I thought that Mel and Dario would make a great couple. I wish you the best Francisco. I hate to see you go

June 19, 2011 at 12:49 pm
(5) charlie says:

Good move! Mel and Dario just didn’t seem to fit….and he was not the greatest actor in the world.

September 20, 2011 at 10:41 pm
(6) April says:

Bad move. Dario had more chemistry with Melanie than any other actor. Dario was fresh and mysterious – just what the show needed. It was nice to see romance for once and sad that it’s gone now. I have been watching the show a long time and really am unhappy about him being let go – more unhappy than any other person who has ever been let go. I don’t think brining back old people will help the show. Romance was the way to go and they had it … and then fired it.