1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives' Chandler Massey Talks First Love Scenes... and Sonny

By August 8, 2011

Chandler MasseyThings heat up between Will and Gabi this week on Days of Our Lives, when the sweet teen duo finally make love after months of dating. The big moment, which airs on Tuesday, August 9, marks Chandler Massey's (Will) first time taping a love scene. So was he nervous about pulling it off?

"No. Camila (Banus, Gabi) and I both play young characters on the show, so I figured they weren't going to do anything really explicit," says Massey, noting the scenes were rather G-rated. "It definitely was more tasteful."

What really kept Massey relaxed is the bond he shares with Banus.

"Camila and are close, just from working together all these months," says Massey. "We're pretty comfortable with each other by now. So it wasn't awkward or anything."

While the Will/Gabi coupling is heating up, rumors that Will is headed for a more controversial relationship, a gay romance with Freddie Smith's Sonny, may turn out to be unfounded. Sources are saying the story idea is up in the air and may not happen. The two characters, who are becoming friends, could turn out to be just that as Will continues to stand up for the new teen in town.

"I'm very pleased that they wrote Will that way... as very accepting and open-minded," says Massey. "One of Will's really close friends is not completely comfortable with [Sonny]. He's kind of homophobic, so Will kind of has to stick his neck out there, because he knows what's right and what's not right."

Viewers will have to stay tuned to see what happens next.

Photo Courtesy: ACP/Adam Campbell

Comments

August 8, 2011 at 2:40 pm
(1) Susanne says:

Oh please don’t make Will gay. He and Gabi are great together,

August 8, 2011 at 2:57 pm
(2) Ella says:

I agree with Susanne. I think that you should leave it alone. It seems like every time that there’s a gay story line on soaps that for some strange reason the people can’t handle that. Why mess up a good soap. I have watched this show since I was in school.
What you should do is bring back Marlena & John!!!

August 8, 2011 at 4:24 pm
(3) Dianne says:

Hope they do not make Will guy. I for one will quit watching if they do. I have been watching Days since it started.

August 8, 2011 at 4:35 pm
(4) Karen says:

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE WILL GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That just makes me want to PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUK!!!!

August 8, 2011 at 5:18 pm
(5) Charlne says:

You are a homophobe! Shame of you.

August 8, 2011 at 6:13 pm
(6) Janet says:

You people commenting are disgusting! Only a truly hateful person would post something so homophobic. There’s nothing wrong with being gay, and there never will be. You all need to face it.

August 8, 2011 at 6:19 pm
(7) AG says:

I thin Will’s friend “T” is gay – and afraid to admit it.

August 8, 2011 at 8:03 pm
(8) Bryce says:

I agree with most of you I’d rather not have any gay characters on Dool especially not Will.

August 8, 2011 at 8:05 pm
(9) Elizabeth says:

Make Chad gay instead I love Will and Gabi!

August 8, 2011 at 9:04 pm
(10) crookedhalo says:

how about no gay people in the world? would that make some of you more happy? a character on days just says it’s regular american lifestyle. It’s not up to anyone to decide what is right for others. Your personal views of homosexuality are just that, your views. There’s enough gay bashing in the world, give equality a chance. This show needs more nationalities and some gay character. Everyone may not agree with certain peoples lifestyles, but your beliefs are yours. And Will looks like he’s dating his Aunt.

August 8, 2011 at 10:38 pm
(11) Rachel says:

yes I believe if its not Will, although he has been acting very strange, “T” is very homophobic and most people like that turn out to be gay…………..I was thinking that interesting…………………..

August 9, 2011 at 12:55 am
(12) Luc says:

Are all these homophobes Tad posting from different names? Because they sound just like him. I feel sorry for their kids or grandkids when they have to hide the fact that they are gay from them.

August 9, 2011 at 1:23 am
(13) Autumn says:

While I think Will and Gabi are sweet, if Will is truly gay I think he and Sonny would make an amazing and beautiful couple. I will continue rooting for them. Love is love, and it amazes me how close-minded some people still are.

August 9, 2011 at 1:37 am
(14) Rev Fred Phelps says:

Great job, my fellow hatemongers. Keep up the pressure, and tell them librul media jew peeple that we will not tolerate fags on our televizion shows.

GOD HATES FAGS!!!

August 9, 2011 at 3:48 am
(15) Jamie says:

Yikes – God does not hate his own children – which are all people, gay, straight and even the Rev Plelps, who is not found in Christ, but lost. People who live in such a hateful place, who does not love their neighbor, make Christian and mankind look bad.

Who cares if they have a small gay relationship on Days. If someone wrote – i hope they do not have more blacks on Days or an inter-racial relationship – that is gross and disgusting – most would say that it is a bigoted statement. My neighbors are a gay couple and they are one of the nicest people on the block. People need to join the 21st century and quit being a drag on society. History has always shown than it is the bigoted people who have hurt society, NOT the people they condemnded.

August 9, 2011 at 2:56 pm
(16) Carol Tulbert says:

I have been watching Days for 19 years. I have stopped watching at different times (like when Marlena was possessed)…but I am telling you if you make Will gay I will NEVER watch this show again. You can bring in someone new for Sonny.

August 9, 2011 at 3:18 pm
(17) scharves says:

Please leave Will as he is! He is not Gay(i know it’s a show but seriously GMAFB)! Have T be the interest for Sonny! IMO that would make more sense!

August 9, 2011 at 4:11 pm
(18) Cheryl says:

Cheryl, go eat another pound of dounts and stop being homophobic.

August 9, 2011 at 4:43 pm
(19) Tracy Dye says:

Anyone else think Will and Sonny have great chemistry??? I’m excited for a possible pairing

August 9, 2011 at 5:22 pm
(20) momomiles says:

Well at least I found some soap fans on this page lol. Love the Passion! I truly hope that Will stays with Gabie esp after they just made love. The pain that it would cause Gabie is not worth getting a gay couple on screen. However T would be a good choice to introduce a gay couple. I hope people understand though that a show any show has to write for their fans. If the majority of fans are not interested in a gay couple then I am unwilling to lose the genra in order to push diverstiy. I do not know many gay couples but would be willing to watch some of those relationships develope if they are written well. I am disappointed in the hate of some of these comments. Also surprized that people still think things like that.

August 9, 2011 at 9:15 pm
(21) Rebecca says:

It would be fine by me if Will and Gabi ended up together, but I think their first night of passion will prove to be underwhelming. Might just be the bumps in the road of young love, might be a sign he’s gay. Either way, it’s where the story takes us.

To those who are so hateful and think that someone you like, maybe love couldn’t possibly be gay – you’re wrong. Gay men are minimum 3% of the male population so you have met one. You have respected one. And even if you can love a show filled with murders, rapists, adulterers, you must be a truly hateful person to abandon that program because some nice kid finds love in an unexpected way.

Meanwhile, to the capitulators, a gay storyline is not going to kill the show – the genre is dying yes, but it’s innovation like this that might keep it alive. And I hear some people don’t like blacks. Let’s write off Lexi, Abe and Theo because that might bring back the racist audience. Or just keep Lexi away from those DiMeras – just a sign that some Stefano slept with a black woman back in the day.

August 9, 2011 at 9:58 pm
(22) Lex Luther says:

Boo hoo! Some people are not comfortable around gay people some are. Who cares? If some gay people don’t like heterosexuals, does that make them heterophobic? Everyone can’t like eyerone & everything,life is not fair and thats a fact. To all the people who are sensitive and politicially correct, GO POUND SAND UP YOUR ARSE! CASE CLOSED!

August 10, 2011 at 4:12 pm
(23) adam says:

Sonny and Will = perfect couple!

August 10, 2011 at 10:47 pm
(24) Travis says:

I am in favor of Days making Will gay and continuing the storyline. This soaps needs to be reinvented and with a lot of the old cast returning this is the perfect time to move the show into the 21st century. There is nothing wrong with two men loving one another or two women loving one another. Homosexuality is a fact of life and it is time for these stories to be shown.

This will open up new storyline possibilities that haven’t been explored on this show. Aren’t you all tired of Sami getting pregnant, “Who’s the daddy?” stories and a town where everyone has slept with everyone else, their mother, and their best friend?

August 11, 2011 at 12:08 am
(25) Lisa says:

Please no gays on the show. I want normal storylines instead.

August 11, 2011 at 2:45 pm
(26) tuffRed says:

The show needs controversy to liven it up some. Gay people are part of the natural fabric in the world. They’re here to stay.

August 11, 2011 at 3:03 pm
(27) andrew says:

WOW! 2011 & still so many ignorant people.

August 11, 2011 at 5:15 pm
(28) Bee says:

Wow, you want “normal’ storylines that are easier to deal with..like rape, murder, incest, teen pregnancy etc?
You haters are disgusting!
It makes me to sad to think that the haters will protest and then then writers/producers may actually listen to you idiots and drop an interesting story just to please the homophobes that want more imposter/who’s the daddy stories.

I am embarassed to live in a world with the likes you morons.

August 11, 2011 at 7:43 pm
(29) Jay Ellis says:

I admit I like Will with Gabi but I also think he will be good with Sonny and that makes the best soap triangles having three people all of whom you like. Chad would be fun but I can not see Stephoano being understanding as Victor on either gay or being with a Kiriakiis. AS for not watching the show because of gay couple that is disgusting. By the way Sonny is not the first gay character on DOOL as Harold, Jack Devereaux assistant in the 90s his red neck father ran the
television station Jack and Jen worked for and accepted his gay son

August 13, 2011 at 9:57 am
(30) Olivia says:

Omg, the political correctness is absolutely rife these days. People are being told what to think without even knowing it. Doesn’t anyone have critical thinking skills anymore?

Just because someone doesn’t wish to see a character come out gay does not make them homophobe. It means they don’t want a character to be gay. Period. Perhaps they don’t want the gay agenda shoved down their throat. Or perhaps they just like the character as he was.

People are so gullible to believe there are only two ‘sides’ to how one views homosexuality:
You either support and embrace it as a lifestyle where people have no choice in the matter, or if you believe it a choice of lifestyle then you are homophobic. Wrong! Thinking, discerning people with a brain see more options – duh.

It’s perfectly possible and reasonable and right to see that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice while not ‘fearing’ them (homophobic means fear of homosexuality) or bashing or hating them.

One does not have to embrace a lifestyle in order not to hate or fear it. In other words, I can think homosexuality is wrong, while still being friends with and loving (and I don’t mean in a superior, condescending way). What someone chooses to do in their life is not up to me to judge, but it does not make something ‘okay’ or ‘natural’ because of popular couch wisdom or a push to ‘normalise’ it.

For goodness sake, do some research on the agenda of some who want to bash heterosexuality. Not all gays are good people (though many are!). Just like not all heterosexuals are good people. Hello, there are many who have agendas in any part of a population….. including some homosexuals. Just step back and see it everywhere where it once was not forced into every song, storyline, as ‘mainstream’.

August 13, 2011 at 7:44 pm
(31) Me says:

It’s true that fans can wish for Will *not to be gay and also not be homophobic. Some of the folks supporting T as a pairing for Sonny make an interesting point.

So I certainly don’t see anything wrong with a fan not supporting Will as a gay character.

But I DO have an issue with people who assume that being gay is a choice. The only choice gay people have is whether to be true to themselves and live a life of honesty and integrity (as Sonny is doing on the show… good for him!) or to cover it up and pretend to be something they’re not.

August 14, 2011 at 3:14 am
(32) Alice says:

Pleeeeeeease make Will gay! Chandler’s doing a great job playing the subtle insecurities Will feels about the physical side of his relationship with Gabi.

Very much looking forward to he and Sonny hooking up so Will finally discovers why he was so underwhelmed about Gabi, and figures out just what was missing. Will and Sonny please! They have great chemistry and look adorable together!

August 14, 2011 at 4:35 am
(33) Suz says:

I would love to see Will come out! They’ve definitely been hinting at it and I still think it’s an important story to tell. Sonny is a great character but he was out before he came back to Salem. I’d really love to see a legacy family character deal with this.

August 14, 2011 at 8:21 am
(34) C. says:

I think it Will coming out would make a great storyline. He and Sonny look so adorable together.

I want Will and Sonny!!

August 14, 2011 at 2:12 pm
(35) Patrica The Transvestite says:

First I’m a DOOL fan and have always loved the show. I especially love Hope,Nicole,Sami who are very attractive. I’m also a 26 year old male to female transvestite and no I’m not gay I’m very attracted to women. In fact when I get dressed femme,my girlfriend says I look almost like Nicole with my blonde wig and also look like Hope with my brunette wig. Anyway why don’t they have a male to female transvestite character on DOOL? I noticed they’re not doing that? I’ll bet that if they did, most of the ones here who are supporting Will to be gay, they would be the ones saying that sick that a man want to dress as a woman and explore his feminine side. Its funny how people who are so called tolerant of some things and call people “phobes” but then will condemn us transvestites and call us names. Us transvestites don’t get the same breaks as gays and we should that courtesy also. I’m sick & tired of it and I want a male to female transvestite character who loves women on DOOL.

August 14, 2011 at 9:12 pm
(36) A says:

Really wish there were less “normal” people like Lisa. Not only would the world be a better place but less protesting about Will being gay. Team Will and Sonny!

August 14, 2011 at 11:04 pm
(37) WilSon says:

I hope they still do the story!! Go WilSon!

August 15, 2011 at 2:27 am
(38) Lisa says:

I really wish there were less “abnormal” people like “A” and stop pushing their agendas down everyone’s throats.

August 15, 2011 at 3:10 pm
(39) Anne says:

I was thinking you might go that way (literally speaking) but please don’t!

August 15, 2011 at 3:31 pm
(40) David says:

By making Will gay, I thought the writers are trying the old Eileen Fulton trick of not ever making Sammie a grandma!

August 15, 2011 at 4:18 pm
(41) Seth says:

Glad to see hate is alive and well in these comments. How silly!! The soap opera genre has always relied on the risque, from multiple rapes, bed hopping, prostitution, drug use, etc….so if so many of you are suddenly going to be so offended by a gay storyline I think that says some really pathetic things about you.

I hope Days does bring Will out, and treats Sonny and Will’s characters in a much more authentic way than Days sole previous gay character Harold(Jack’s friend from back in the day). All of you ridiculous bigots can stomp your feet and throw a tantrum. I’ve watched this show for over 30 years, you won’t be missed.

Now please, have the nicest day people like you are capable. Good luck with that.

August 15, 2011 at 6:29 pm
(42) Cheri says:

I’m not a homophobe. I have a nephew an uncle and a cousin who are gay. (Well, my cousin passed away with AIDS in ’92). Homophobe means to be afraid of them anyway. But, my two cents is that I love Will and Gabi together and they have been through so much and love each other so much that he should stay as he is with her. I think that if another character arrives in town or the friend who is so freaked out by it gets together with Sonny then make it so. Just because a couple of guys hit it off as friends doesn’t mean the storyline has to make them both gay. Just as in real life.

August 15, 2011 at 7:13 pm
(43) Joanne says:

As a faithful DOOL viewer for 45 years, It is revolting, discusting, and immoral to bring gays into this storyline or any other storyline. Shame on your writers, I find this very offensive and fast forward the parts that offend me!!!

August 15, 2011 at 10:33 pm
(44) Ney says:

No gay storylines!!! Gays will never totally be accepted…IF YOU ADD A GAY STORYLINE THE SHOW “WILL” DYE!!

August 15, 2011 at 10:35 pm
(45) Ney says:

NO GAYS!! IF THEY ADD A GAY STORYLINE THE SHOW WILL DIE!

August 16, 2011 at 1:26 am
(46) Rachel says:

Please find a different love interest for Sonny! I love Will with Gabi and who’s to say all sensitive young guys have to be gay?

Will and Sonny are better off as friends, just bring in someone new for Sonny.

August 16, 2011 at 10:24 am
(47) Julie says:

I’m not a homophobe, but I just don’t see a reason to go to all this trouble with the Will/Gabi pairing only to rip that up and start fresh with Sonny. Personally, I like Will with Gabi. I think they’re cute together on the show and their relationship is refreshing. Why do some people, apparently MANY on this site, think that because I don’t want them to suddenly write the character as gay that I’m a homophobe? I think Will is a great character…noble, loyal and forthright. If they don’t make him gay, will he lose all those other characteristics? NO, I don’t think so. Personally, I think the story would reach far more people if he was straight and truly defending Sonny and his homosexuality…

Just my opinion of course, but I just think the story would flow and some of the teens watching might recognize something in someone at school. It might make them reach out to help when someone is getting bullied for their looks, style choices, sexual preference, religion, race or whatever…. we need more people that are willing to stand up to a bully, and this storyline just might ignite that in some viewers.

August 16, 2011 at 5:12 pm
(48) Brenda says:

You people are so pathetic. Hate still exits and it is in the hands of you people. @ Lisa- Go suck a turd. You’re so uncomfortable with your own sexuality that you have spread your hate around message boards? You make me laugh. YOU are the abnormal one. Period. You are spreading hate when there’s no need.

GO WILL AND SONNY! I’ve already seen a lot of chemistry between the two. Gabi and Will and BORING and have lackluster chemistry.

August 16, 2011 at 9:01 pm
(49) Jamie says:

What is this chemistry between Will and Sonny that many of you keep talking about? I don’t see it. The only reason it’d make sense to pair them up is that they’re of similar height whereas Chad and Sonny, or even Chad and Will are not – so much so that it would just look too awkward on screen.

Just because the guy who plays Sonny smiles at everything that moves (and what’s that about?) doesn’t mean they have chemistry.

August 17, 2011 at 7:52 am
(50) JoAnn says:

I am 61 years old and have been watching Days since Hope Brady was a little girl. I love Will and Gabi together, please let them stay as they are so good with each other. Why not find a new character to be Sonny’s new love interest. Let Will remain Sonny’s understand and true friend. Sonny will need someone other than his family to understand his path. This will give the Days watches a different understanding of true friendship no matter what.

August 17, 2011 at 12:17 pm
(51) Shari says:

I think it’s great that FINALLY a daytime soap is acknowledging that Gay people exist. I also liked how Sonny brought up PFLAG
as an avenue for loved ones to gain better understanding of Gay people. PFLAG is usually located near every major city and is a group that meets to discuss their feelings about their Gay child, friend, or any other Gay person near them, that they are concerned enuf to want a more clear acceptance or understanding of. I also liked how Will remained friends with Sonny even though his friend kept implying that it was wrong…that they bring out that straight people and Gays can be friends.

August 17, 2011 at 4:57 pm
(52) Deanna says:

I am so tired of having the “gay” agenda pushed down our throats. It is not natural and totally disgusting. If the writers keep pushing it there are a lot of people who will just stop watching-including me.

August 18, 2011 at 3:28 pm
(53) Sandy says:

Please don’t make Will gay I love the chemistry between him and Gabi. I have watched this show since the 70′s please don’t ruin a good story.

August 24, 2011 at 4:01 pm
(54) Carol says:

I agree with a few others….I think “T” would be great for the hookup!!!

August 30, 2011 at 6:53 pm
(55) jessedrew says:

I don’t care which direction the show goes in w/either Will or Tad w/Sonny, just as long as the story is done well, tastefully and progressively as a show in 2011 should do it. To all of you who are in favor of progress and great writing hear hear. There’s more than enough desperate hatemongering housewives up here. Are you burning crosses when DOOL isn’t on, because that’s what you sound like, prejudiced backwater hillbillies afraid your sacred soap is going to be ruined by a character or two who isn’t straight. You’re suspect when you can’t even spell disgusting right. If you’re going to walk away from a show you’ve watched for years because there’s a different type of character shown that you’ve never been exposed to, maybe you should walk away. I doubt any of the creators involved want your fairweather loyalty. Grow up, and long live DOOL!

August 30, 2011 at 6:59 pm
(56) jessedrew says:

Also I mayed have spelled some things wrong in my rant, but my point should come across. I hope Will is gay to spite all of these haters up here. However, Tad does make sense. I mean, this is a world where on General Hospital so many years back Luke and Laura are still considered to be THE supercouple still after all these years, a relationship that came out of a very controversial beginning (rape.) They Sonny and Tad or Will could be the next gay supercouple. I’m not saying it’s right but it would definitely be progress.

August 31, 2011 at 3:51 pm
(57) Farah says:

I hope they don’t change the will Gabi storyline. Not because I am against gays. Just beacause I like them together. I do think that T will turn ot to be gay..
To that so called Rev. God loves all of his creation especially the sinner. The Bible tells us that! People should stop judging others and practice loving others as God loves us. Let God worry about the judging.
I have watched Days since I was 4. It has had many storylines that I did not like the way they went. But hey.. People are people the show must show diversity to stay in the ratings game or we won’t have Days around for the next generation.

September 7, 2011 at 11:46 am
(58) Xine says:

Never really watched this soap until Sonny came into the picture and usually I dont like american soaps because i’m sorr to say they usually have bad actors, but this one is refreshingly good, I started watching it for Sonny but now i’m really getting into the other character, they are some good actors on this soap.

I would not want Will with Sonny ethier, but after reading such hateful comments on this site form middle aged housewives I gotta say I’m rooting for them to get together (expect for you JoAnn #50, your post was very tasteful and still expressed you opnion in a classy manner)

For all you people who say you will stop watching the soap if Sonny gets together with whoever…lol please If you watched it for this long youre not going to stop watching it, I know you have to take out your insecurities about your marriage or relantionship on a forum because 1 of your precious fantasies about a fake relationship that you cling to because you are not happy in your own (Hes probably cheating on you if you are this filled with hate)but don’t lie to yourself you are not going stop watching. Just fast foward that’s what I do when im tired heterosexuals rubbing their PDA in my face, but im not ignorant enought to say that it grosses me out or I would stop watching a show because of it.

A lot of soap operas in Europe & South America have openly gay couples who add a very diverse twist to the great soap opera drama design. Americans boast how much more civilized they are from the rest of the world but in these small spaces in the virtual world where they comment on the things they watch everyday you can see the true face of what is being taught to our new generation by the housewives that raise them.

September 10, 2011 at 9:44 am
(59) Corey Robert says:

It makes me very sad to read some of the statements made in the comments.

It’s also astounding to see how many people candidly express their hateful opinions, and then go on to explain or rationalize why they’re not being hateful.

It’s 2011, people. We need to show some respect for our fellow human beings.

October 24, 2011 at 7:41 pm
(60) Paulia says:

i really want chad and sonny to be an item, they make such a great couple, and have you seen when chad and sonny are walking together, they soooooo cute. also, the reason i think that is because, on the episode where they make piece with their family what Dimitry said makes me think that.

November 10, 2011 at 3:59 pm
(61) Crystal says:

I have been watching Days for a very long time and I would like it if Will were not gay. If you are going to make a gay character start him from scratch, why make him and Gabi have a long relationship, lose their virginity to each other and then make Will hurt her that way? I don’t care much for gay people but it is something we have to accept in this world because they are everywhere and popping up on every show. If you are going to make a gay couple, please don’t let it involve Will. Anyone that wants to hate on this comment oh well, people have their opinions and I have mine. I am a black person and I am always criticized for something I can’t help (my skin color) so I can say what I want about someone that has a choice (sexual preference).

December 7, 2011 at 11:47 am
(62) PNLE says:

Lets face it, no matter wht we decide it is ultimately up to the writers. But i gotta tell u will is 100% gay. The way he looks at sonny in a few of the episodes made ME blush. If he turns out not to be gay he must be bi. Because those looks just screamed attraction to sonny. It is strange though that sonny is yet to pick up on his attraction. But i really really really want will to be gay. get some modernization into dool>

December 7, 2011 at 5:26 pm
(63) kelly says:

If Will is made gay….and/or if this whole gay story line goes crazy and consumes the show, I WILL NOT Watch. I stopped watching also like others did during the demon possession, during Laura, and some other times and I will quit again…I have watched days for 30 years….but I am not keen on having the gay agenda pushed down my throat. I have gay friends. My cousin was gay and died from aids. I do not like it pushed down my throat though. I have noticed on these posts that people are expressing their opinions, and are automatically called homophobes, etc….I don’t want it in my house….you hate the sin not the sinner….so yes I still show Jesus through my actions even with those that are sinning in any way…but that doesn’t mean I want to see it everyday. I do not want my kids growing up thinking it is okay…just like I dont want them exposed to drugs, gangs, violence, etc. I try to keep as much of that as possible away from them. I personally DVR my Days and watch when the kids are not around, because it is not appropriate for the younger ones…although I started watching with my mom around 5 yrs old. I am sick of the gay “agenda”…..if you are gay great….do you need to shove it down my throat…I dont run up and down the streets screaming “heterosexual pride” etc and so on.

There has actually been a lot of reverse discrimination since these homosexual policies came into play with employers…for instance some companies will offer same sex non-married couples insurance together, but heterosexual non-married couples cant get insurance together. That is reverse discrimination.

December 7, 2011 at 5:26 pm
(64) kelly says:

The de-sentization of the whole gay pride thing….and shoving it down peoples throats making kids think it is okay to be gay…no it isnt okay. The bible says it is an abomination to the Lord. It is a sin, just like pre-marital sex, drug abuse, adultry, and all of the sort….and to me its like running around telling kids drugs are good and are okay…its okay to be a drug addict….drug pride….there are certain medical ailments that can happen to make man have more estrogen then testosterone, but there are also medical advancements to correct that as well…..there are many people who have the “impulse” to be gay but they don’t act on it because it is a sin…just like people have an impulse to have an affair, or to do drugs, etc…..I choose to stand with the Bible, and though I do not hate those who are gay…I do not agree with it, and I do not want my children to tolerate to the point of thinking that it is okay to do it…just like its not okay for them to do drugs and its not okay for them to commit adultry and its not okay for them to commit murder, etc.

December 16, 2011 at 12:16 am
(65) T says:

It will be interesting to see Will and Sonny together. I am sick of the Marlena and John storyline. They are boring to watch and I usually fast forward when they are on.

December 16, 2011 at 5:26 pm
(66) DMITRI says:

I’ve been waiting for this moment! Something about Will told me that he was gay, or at least bi. Although I am sad to see “Wabi/Gill” end, “Sill/Wonny” will be amazing!!! They’re both so good looking and very talented actors. and to y’all homophobes, just shut up anfd go live in a hole. G-d says to love you fellow neighbour, not to spew hate in his name. You might as well be these extremists in our world today.

January 15, 2012 at 12:01 pm
(67) KevinRayPatrick says:

Makes me so sad to see so much hatred out there … U bigots should be ashamed of you’re selves … This is the 21st century after all.

January 16, 2012 at 10:47 am
(68) Roomie says:

To Kelly:

You compare “gay pride” to “drug pride”? Drugs have direct negative effects on health. What harm does having a relationship with a member of the same sex have on health? And don’t even think about saying HIV, cause that awful virus transcends sexuality and can attack us all. I am so sad you’re teaching your kids that it’s morally wrong to act on gay tendancies. I just wish all the old-fashioned-unable-to-change people would die out and not pass on these hateful messages to the younger generations; because if you haven’t noticed, like sexism 100 years ago, racism 50 years ago, when the bigoted old people die out, so will bigotry towards the gay and lesbian community who just want to be who they are without persecuation. I hope your kids don’t listen to your hate.

February 22, 2012 at 2:19 pm
(69) Sandi says:

@ Rev Fred…..God does not hate ‘fags’ as you so ignorantly put it. He loves EVERYONE. He may hate the act of homosexuality but loves the person!

February 24, 2012 at 2:28 am
(70) Taylor says:

It takes stright people to make gay babies. So, if you want to rid the world of homosexuals, I guess you should just stop having sex.

Love is love. Why add hate to that equation?

March 21, 2012 at 6:26 pm
(71) LoveWill says:

Will is an incredible hottie. And he’s also a very convincing actor. He handles the gay story arc very well

March 24, 2012 at 10:01 am
(72) lin says:

NO, Please what is it gonna do to have Will gay? They should just let him be, with the turmal of growing up with Sammy for a mom . let him have his couple friends or guys doing hanging out stuff, doesn’t have to be sex

April 7, 2012 at 4:25 pm
(73) RM says:

It;s a real shame that if a show brings a gay romance on that people would stop watching. You hateful people need to be a shamed of your selves. I would hate to see if one of your sons or daughters would come out as gay would you have them beheaded in your town square. And if that is so wrong to see it then tape the show and fast forward threw it. I can’t wait to see the LOVE storyline move ahead cause I think Will and Sonny make a goodlooking couple.

May 1, 2012 at 1:53 am
(74) anonymously says:

Chandler wanted to play the role of a gay man. Because he felt that people need to see how tough of a time of coming out. Not only that he is bisexual himself. Now that you know this would you stop watching him just because he likes men and women. You didn’t know this before but you was watching so what is the big diffrence. He is a good actor it should not mater. His offical facebook page is added. Chandler himself comments on it. Not a fake page.

May 23, 2012 at 10:08 pm
(75) BradPorter says:

I,m Chandler Massey Big Fan.

August 1, 2012 at 7:41 am
(76) Boca Raton Kitchen sinks says:

Hi, i believe that i noticed you visited my weblog so i got here to return the choose?.I’m trying to to find things to improve my website!I guess its adequate to use a few of your concepts!!

August 23, 2012 at 3:53 pm
(77) carol x says:

I see nothing wrong in being gay.I want Sonny with Will,hey gay people are just as loveable as anybody else.So they should be treated with respect.

August 28, 2012 at 1:27 pm
(78) Julie says:

I haven’t minded the gay thing so far, it is kind of sad to watch Will going through what he isn’t sure about. I love both Will and Sonny in their parts. And having a relationship of sorts is not bad. But, that kiss…no, no, no!!! My Granddaughter watches this show with me and that is not something I want her to be seeing. I have been watching Days as long as I can remember, but, I didn’t like that!

September 26, 2012 at 6:10 am
(79) Ellis says:

I love Will and Sonny, they have an incredible chemistry. I wish they could last forever. People stop being homophobic. This is the 21st century so deal with it.

September 28, 2012 at 2:54 pm
(80) joyce says:

i had 7 kids.2 were gay.both died of hiv in the 90s.i loved them both.i could not send them away because they were mine sons.i didnt like their gay ways but i didnt turn them away. i think that our love life is for 2 people alone not the whole world to see leave your love life in your bedroom..i belive in jesus and i know what his word says.i do not have the right to judge others.

October 1, 2012 at 1:07 pm
(81) ANGIE says:

I would love to see Will and Gabi together!!!! This gay storyline is just too hard to watch especially since i dont believe its right. Every time they show Will with Sonny i turn the channel!!! Come on writers get it together!!!

October 16, 2012 at 6:37 pm
(82) Joanie says:

I must admit I am loving the Will and Sonny story. I have often been told I am a homophobe (I don’t think so but oh well), however this storyline totally has me captivated. These 2 are cute beyond words, but more importantly they are bringing a story of acceptance to this show. Yes – Will and Gabi are cute – but this story is so much better – bring it on!

October 29, 2012 at 4:42 pm
(83) Gina says:

I have been watching this show for over 40 years and I am
really disappointed the direction it is going. You are over
emphasizing sex in all your stories. What happened to
classy looking clothes? All the women seem to have to be
squeezed into their outfits…expecially Sami, lately. Good
hevens, who runs around like that in every day life?!

You are completely overdoing the story about Will and Sonny,
and now you want us to enjoy watching them make wild
passionate love…are you kidding?! There are some that
might be ready for that but the majority aren’t!! I’m from a
generation that still believes that love should be between a
man and a woman and even in that there shoud be kept some
mystery.

October 29, 2012 at 6:21 pm
(84) Phyl says:

Will & Sonny going to bed made me want to puke. I don’t need this gay crap cramed down my throat on my favorite soap.
On lighter side sure goin to miss Bo.

October 30, 2012 at 10:28 am
(85) Joanie says:

I can’t wait to watch the Nov. 14th episode- although I have seen the previews. I think Chandler and Freddie have done an awesome job in their portrayal of Will & Sonny falling in love. (Yes – I’m straight and didn’t think I could enjoy this) These 2 characters are portraying more than a gay couple – it is really more of 2 people falling in love. They have great chemistry together and I for one am interested to see where this will go. Kudos to the writers of DAYS!

November 14, 2012 at 3:36 pm
(86) Reesa Esposito says:

I am so, so sick of the gay agenda being SMEARED in our faces. I personally have nothing against homosexuals, but I do object to having to watch gay love scenes on a soap opera. I don’t even like the straight love scenes, to be honest. I think sex in television has been taken way too far, and it is part of the reason that our country is producing so much teen-age pregnancy and kids not enjoying being kids, b/cuz they have this smut thrown in there faces from when they come out of the cradle. I also object to the gay and lesbians who call everyone “haters” just because they dont want to be exposed to there disgusting practices. Tell me, whatever happened to CLASS in this society, and RESPECT for other peoples boundaries? i have already stopped watching this show, and all of my friends have as well. We are tuned into “Y & R,” which is far superior anyway, in writing and acting and overall storytelling. The gay attitude is exactly the reason there is so much homophobia in this world, maybe the homophobes have a point.

November 14, 2012 at 3:39 pm
(87) Reesa Esposito says:

Tell me, why does this gay thing have to be shoved in all of our faces? Soap operas are largely watched by middle-class women, and many of us do not want to be exposed to this, and we dont want our kids to be exposed to this.. I object to the gay and lesbians who call everyone “haters” just because we dont want to witness there disgusting practices, maybe the homophobes have a point.

November 14, 2012 at 3:48 pm
(88) Reesa Esposito says:

I also would like to respond to that hateful person who said, “I hope all these bigoted old afraid-to-change people will die out.” That is one of the most disgusting things I have heard, and as a mother of three, I can honestly say that my kids feel the same way I do about all this gay crap being thrown in our faces like its okay… this person who said these things is only showing how much hate he has in himself.. when you respond to hate with more hate it doesnt make you any better then the person who started it, this is my opinion. i am glad to see , from reading these comments, that there are others who feel as i do, because i am fed up with all this gay agenda. again, i don’t even like the straight sex, there;’s just way to much sex, period. i agree with that lady who wrote that there should be more classy clothes and people who are not so dominated by sex, sex .

November 14, 2012 at 4:58 pm
(89) diana1947 says:

This is a daytime show and does not need two guys kissing and rolling in the sheets with my little kids asking Mom what are they doing in bed together and kissing. It is sick and I am not continuing to view this disgusting sexual display after 35 years of normal heterosexual relationships on daytime tv.

November 14, 2012 at 9:16 pm
(90) DJ says:

I do not like Will and Sonny making love on TV – a little much for day time TV. Do not care at all for this story line!!! Will stop watching this program if it keeps up!

December 12, 2012 at 9:29 pm
(91) Charlene says:

I have watched Days since day 1 but will quit if you continue with the gay thing. I am sick of having the perverted life style thrown in my face at every turn and expecting us to accept it as “normal” if you must follow that storyline at least spare us the sex scenes and keep it implied.

December 16, 2012 at 9:06 pm
(92) kay says:

Chandler and Freddie are doing a fantastic job in their portrayal of will and sonny. They make this relationship so realistic and loving. I just wish will would be honest with sonnty regarding the baby drama going infighting now but that is up to the writers. These two actors really seem to have great chemistry together. I hope they are nominated at EMMY time. I support this storyline because I believe everyone deserves to be loved no matter what your sexual orientation. Love is love.

December 17, 2012 at 9:18 pm
(93) N says:

Gay supporters always bashing the non supporters but aren’t we entitled to our opinion too!? I am not perfect, the pope isn’t perfect, the queen isn’t perfect, even all presidents aren’t perfect so it gives me great pleasure in letting you all know that homosexuality is an abomination according to the BIBLE, Gods Holy Word, it’s straight from hell when two men lust after each other and have and may I add anal sex! If days wanna bring this show to full “reality” why don’t they show their beloved sonny and Will having disgusting anal sex, two penises cannot reproduce to create a new human as God intended! And just for the record being gay is not genetic, we are not born gay, it is straight from satan and the only thing to do about it is to pray!
The law of the land is not the law of God!

January 3, 2013 at 11:51 am
(94) It's Just Natural says:

I find it interesting that whenever there’s a “gay storyline”, no one ever takes the opportunity to engage in the conversation about how or why someone is gay, instead it always becomes a conversation about intolerance and hate. Wouldn’t it be nice for a change to address the nature vs. nurture element to homosexuality. This Will character would be a perfect example of the nurture part that leads to homosexuality with gender confusion. Absentee fathers, over sexualized dysfunctional mothers with multiple partners are what is the problem today. The breakdown of the family. There is no gay gene. The DNA study of identical twins has proven that but you won’t read about that in the headlines. There is so much dysfunction in the family today, the collapse of it will be the collapse of this country. Males and femaies by nature are different for a reason. One compliments the other. Families who are blessed to have both a masculine and feminine presence in their lives, (and I know it’s sometimes impossible due to death and/or divorce) but having and/or finding those role models for your children is vital to giving your children the balance in their lives that they deserve. A Dad or “male role model” provides not only physical strength to protect, financial means to provide, but also spiritual leadership to help grow morally sound children into responsible well balanced adults. A Mother or “female role model” provides a loving atmosphere to the family and is by nature the nurturer. A son who grows up in this atmosphere would aspire to become like his father and marry someone like his mother and a daughter would aspire to find in a future husband like her father and to be like her mother. It’s just natural! Sad how everything has become so confused and unnatural.

January 4, 2013 at 3:54 am
(95) Nancy says:

WOW, sooooo many trolls on this board (at least I hope they are trolling, because if not… yikes!)

I am going to start off saying I am not a homophob, I have close relations who are gay and am in the process of providing a character reference for some friends who want to adopt.

I do have a problem with story lines that feel contrived and that work out to be boring. I have a problem with changing long time characters around to suit, what feels to me to be, a specific agenda. I have a problem with, every time there is a homosexual couple on daytime TV, it is ALWAYS two men. It feels like cheap masturbatory material for middle-aged house wives who hate their husbands. Have your gay story line, just don’t have it with two young actors who look like they want to be on the other side of the room from each other. Don’t make their story “Oh were gay.” Give them something else to do to make them interesting and give them depth. Being gay does not, nor should it, define someone.

Another thing I have a problem with are PC butt holes who think they need to jump on a band wagon and call homophobia at the top of their lungs from their soap-boxes at the bat of an eye. Its okay to not like the damn story line (but its not okay to hate someone just because their gay). Calling someone a homophob because they would prefer not to watch a gay story line weakens the term.

January 10, 2013 at 2:57 pm
(96) Kim says:

I have been watching days for 40 yrs. I can not believe they have stoop as low as they have to add a gay couple. When the show goes as for as to show the couple kissing and making out, I can no longer watch Days.

January 21, 2013 at 5:47 pm
(97) cindy says:

I just don’t think we should be showing gays on television period. Call me old fashioned but why should we accept this as okay when we know it is morally wrong. Lets go back to the days when Gilligans Island, green acres and some of those shows were on that did not bring out this type of behavior. Those shows were very funny and I enjoyed them immensely.

January 22, 2013 at 11:16 am
(98) rdf216 says:

I can’ believe people have a problem seeing real life on a tv show. Get up & see that ‘s the way “real life ” is. Having a hard time with it? You’re you’re the one that’s in need of understanding. It’s not your call.people r what they r. If it bothers U?get help! But keep your bigot opinions to yourself. They only show your true colors,(dark, ugly) so don’t put yourself in pain anymore CHANGE. THE CHANEL, OR KEEP YOUR HEART open, eyes closed. Learn tolerance, OR Better. Yet, get a life! Let others enjoy the show!

January 22, 2013 at 11:54 am
(99) rdf216 says:

To all those complaining about the young children watching “DOOL”Why R U watching it whenever they’re around or awake? Have U ever considerd YOUR actions as a Mother? Watch it like U would any other adult show.RESPONSIBLY! WHAT KIND OF MOTHER R U?

January 23, 2013 at 1:24 pm
(100) sexyells says:

I have come to learn and accept that they are all different kind of ppl in the world so weather Will is gay or not the role he play is a learning curve to show what young ppl these daze either hether sexually or bi-sexual go thru so am all up for the story line as it as a message in it …gay or not …..and wakeup ppl its time we cut out this homophobic crap …..xxx love will character

January 24, 2013 at 4:35 pm
(101) RACHAEL says:

i INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY SHOWING THE KISS AND BEDROOM SCENES BETWEEN WILL AND SONNY WHY DON’T THEY
ALLUDE TO THEM LIKE THE LOVE SCENES IN THE OLDER MOVIES
BEFORE THEY SHOWED THE FULL ON LOVE SCENES AND LET
YOU USE YOUR IMAGINATION

January 24, 2013 at 9:16 pm
(102) Marezy says:

The Will and Sonny Storyline is fantastic…This is about time…in my opinion…and want to see a happy ending for these two…EVENTUALLY.. But in fun soap fashion I know I will see a whole lot of twists and turns before that right?

February 9, 2013 at 5:24 pm
(103) Gloria says:

Come on, yes people can be who they are, but stop trying to push this
gay way of life on everyone, everyone don’t want to be gay.
The butt was made for toxic waste to come out of it, not for
you know what to go into it. People Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 22, 2013 at 4:23 pm
(104) concerned christain says:

I have watched Days for at least 30 years but the soap writers are greatly disappointing me. What started out to be a very intertaining show is developing into an abomination to the Lord Jesus Christ. God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve., sex was between two people who loved each other enough to give their lives for them and this was done in private not broadcasted for the whole world to see. You probably are calling me all kinds of names about now, but that’s nothing compared to what Jesus Christ went through so that we might have eternal life. I stand on what the Bible teaches and I know God is still in control and will deal with all sin one day. I’ll be praying that your life will be touched in some way and maybe Days can return to intertainment instead of garbage.

February 24, 2013 at 3:50 pm
(105) jason says:

Will& Sonny do a good job.as gay teen what a lot of gay people go though. would u like to a gay,family member,or friend OR a dead one. many gay teen comets suicide because of Peoples homophobia.good job actors will&Sonny and days writers for what they are doing keep up the teaching on gay rights.

April 30, 2013 at 11:45 pm
(106) kevin says:

Did any of u ever watch will and grace. Stop with ur Bible rants. If 2 gay people are together and love each other and live right and don’t judge people or cheat on one another and do right, Maybe God “in your eyes” won’t send all gay people to hell. Or I guess 100% of the world is gonna be there because EVERYONE sins. You and I, all of us and God’s word says No sin is worse than another. Being gay is not something someone can pray away or take a magic pill to take away. Society is the problem, I believe with all my heart and sole that some of the stuff was added to the Bible to control what some people did that others did not like, used as a scare tactic. What if I started printing Bibles to be used for your children’s children that said a woman can’t enter heaven unless she colors her hair green and that men have to go bald or it’s an abomination. Just a thought but what I do know is my God is a loving caring understanding and forgiving god. Let’s stop the preaching and leave that for church on Sundays. Oh some churches considered Saturday to be the saboth. Isn’t it in the Bible that Sunday is the holy day? Guess entire churches are going to hell now according to the above comments

May 16, 2013 at 1:32 pm
(107) Sharon says:

I have watched DOOL since the ’60 and I have stopped watching it now because of Will & Sony. I am sick of shows trying to show that being gay is all right when clearly it isn’t. God intended for 1 man & 1 woman to be together, not 2 of the same sex. The Bible lists different sins that will send you to Hell and man after man is one of them. God is a loving God and wants everyone to repent & be baptised to go to heaven but if you don’t repent of any since you will not enter into heaven.

May 22, 2013 at 3:11 am
(108) greatergood says:

You people make me laugh. You feign your moral indignation and outrage because of some mythical stories written by men purporting to speak for your god. That silly book says all sorts of whacky stuff which includes, but is not limited to, not wearing mixed fabrics, stoning unfaithful wives, not eating shellfish, burning bulls, selling neighbors into slavery – oh, I could go on and on. The funny thing is, only a small percentage of teensy minded people who are generally under-educated and from the lower tiers of the socio-economic political strata seem to cling to these archaic man-made fabrications. It sad to think that in this day and age there exists so many folks who haven’t been exposed to many other constructs outside of their own small and very limited world view. Ah, the more to be pitied for wallowing in such depths of abysmal ignorance.

It makes me chortle out loud when I read about the infamous “agenda” and how it is being crammed down the throats of the decent and the pious. Wow. You really don’t think critically at all, do you? If you did, then you would realize that homosexuals have been bombarded with heterosexuality over-exposure from birth. You defend this by saying it’s because heterosexuality is “normal.” Well normal is an imaginary curve on a graph and what is normal for one is completely alien to another. But hey, as long as it fits into your bland christian conservative perspective, that is all that matters.

So do us all a favor and stop watching. You aren’t harming the show in any way. The characters have been nominated for daytime Emmy and GLAAD Awards. Viewership is up. No one needs you to tune in. Thank you Days of Our Lives for staying current with the wave of social change that is sweeping this great nation.

Nyuck Nyuck bigots. Change is going to happen with or without you. So cling to your god and parrot those desperate and so very trite talking points you people love to repeat over and over, ad nauseum.

June 9, 2013 at 11:31 pm
(109) deanna says:

keep him they way he is dont make him back with gabi and sonny is his furture do you just see the spark

June 11, 2013 at 11:20 pm
(110) jannaannak says:

the will and sonny storyline is awful. God does not hate a gay person but hates their lifestyle. the book of Romans speak of man lying with man and that it is an abomination. people are not born gay, they choose this lifestyle and will stand alone before God at judgement day. i know people who read this will disagree, but if they want the answer of whether or not gay is a sin, all they have to do is ask God, not man but don’t wait until it is too late.

June 17, 2013 at 7:56 pm
(111) jean stigers says:

The real question is, Is Will really gay off screen? Is Sonny gay off screen?

July 12, 2013 at 12:31 pm
(112) dirk the daring says:

yes I would like to know the answer to that question myself. I cannot hardly believe two heterosexual men could do what these two are doing on screen, actors or not for any amount of money. If they are not gay in the first place, they could maybe just start like the feelings they might be feeling and decide to be gay anyway! As far as the show, its ok with me.

July 14, 2013 at 4:37 pm
(113) Geoff Clack says:

Wilson are best thing to happen to Days in a long, long time.
Been watching Days since 1973. Am very excited to see this
unconventional but terrific storyline !!

August 8, 2013 at 9:33 am
(114) Brad Porter says:

Chandler Massey
I,m Big Chandler Fan.

September 27, 2013 at 4:19 pm
(115) GDouglas says:

I am a recently retired man who has never watched a soap opera regularly in my entire life. I became interested in Days, however, as a result of the proposed Will and Sonny storyline about whose time is long overdue. My wife thinks the relationship is wonderful and makes the program (which she has been watching for decades) incredibly more interesting.

Just a note to you Bible thumping hate mongers out there. Jesus never said a thing about homosexuality. You always refer to Leviticus for your support but he’s the same guy who said that eating shellfish is a sin and that children who disobey their parents should be stoned to death! Leviticus was either crazy, a fool, or mistranslated so you need to stop your nonsensical ranting which only highlights how messed up your own pathetic lives are.

October 16, 2013 at 2:18 pm
(116) Sam says:

Thanks for erasing my comment! Go ahead and accept the comments of people degrading the bible and acceptance of things that clearly the bible states are wrong. It’s people like you that is fulfilling everything that the BIBLE says that will come to pass. I will pray for you!!

January 2, 2014 at 10:44 am
(117) Destiny says:

You people cannot be more wrong! I personally love the Will & Sonny storyline, I think that the actors have great chemistry! And it’s not going to change, because they’re in love, & so far have been a very happy couple, I believe even more so than some of your heterosexual “normal” couples have been, who have changed of partner like they change of underwear.
Also, to those of who don’t like it, or have been threatening to stop watching the show because of this, then DON”T. Either way, why are you watching soap operas with your children beside you? They shouldn’t be watching that at such an early age, believe me I know, because the same thing happened to me. And to those of you who are complaining about how being gay is a sin, look back at yourself, because everybody has committed sin in some way or another, & you are no different! People just need to stop judging others, that is why the world is like it is, full of crimes, and hate, and homophobia. Love is love any way that you want to put it, & homosexuals are people just like you & anybody else is, & just like they don’t judge you for being the way you are, don’t judge them because you don’t like the way that they are. We all deserve the same respect as you do, so if you have nothing to say, then don’t say anything at all.

For God’s sake!

January 22, 2014 at 11:51 pm
(118) free wordpress plugin says:

I visited many blogs however the audio quality for audio songs
present at this site is really excellent.

Feel free to surf to my web page :: <a href=”http://www.inamasei.com”>free wordpress plugin</a>

January 22, 2014 at 11:52 pm
(119) free wordpress theme says:

Good blog you have got here.. It’s difficult to find excellent writing like yours these days.
I honestly appreciate individuals like you!
Take care!!

Also visit my web blog … <a href=”http://www.inamasei.com”>free wordpress theme</a>