1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Will out as Sonny's Love Interest on Days of Our Lives?

By August 15, 2011

Freddie SmithLast week's blog post announcing that the long rumored Will/Sonny coupling on Days of Our Lives might not be happening is gaining momentum. Actor Freddie Smith, who portrays Sonny, added fuel to the fire when he weighed in on the subject.

Like fans, Smith heard the early rumblings about Will and Sonny's big secret storyline, when he joined the show. "At first I was like, 'Alright. Cool,'" says the actor, who was eager for the story to unfold.

But after four months on the show and no romantic sparks between Will and Sonny, Smith started to wonder.

"Now I'm hearing [Sonny's love interest] might be a new character," says Smith. "I'm very anxious just like everybody else to see who it's going to be and how it's going to play out."

Smith knows Days fans will be behind him no matter what happens. "I've had so many great tweets from people," shares Smith. "They're being so supportive and saying they relate to Sonny, thank you, and that I'm doing an amazing job. It feels great."

Wouldn't it be interesting if Days chose to go the Glee route with Sonny? Remember poor Kurt being taunted and tormented by football jock, Karofsky, only to have the big lug pull him into a kiss one day, revealing that he was actually gay, too? If that's the case, T, who's expressed nothing but prejudice and contempt for Sonny, would make him the perfect choice to fall for him.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Paul Drinkwater

Comments

August 15, 2011 at 1:21 pm
(1) lily says:

I don’t want to see a “gay” storyline at all.

August 15, 2011 at 3:36 pm
(2) nancy says:

I agree- no gay story line.

August 15, 2011 at 7:23 pm
(3) Lorrie says:

Yes! Let’s get real here! I’d love to see more gays and the relationships on Days. YAY!

August 15, 2011 at 7:25 pm
(4) Angela says:

You are homophobes. Days needs to join the rest of the world with realistic story lines before it it cancelled like so many other soaps.

August 15, 2011 at 7:48 pm
(5) Lorrie says:

If you all have been looking at the ratings, Days is usually at the bottom of all the rest of the soaps on TV. Getting more real will help…Let’s see how these new writers for DOOL will do the storylines, beginning in September, when they also bring back more past characters, as the commercials are showing–I can’t wait!!

August 15, 2011 at 10:17 pm
(6) Linda Wilson says:

If Days longeviity is going to be based on whether or not it has a gay story line then let them cancel it now. We do not need another gay infuence forced down our throats. Night time TV is enough!!!! PLEASE change your mind about the gay storyline. Sonny needs a wonderful girl!!!!!!

August 16, 2011 at 1:50 am
(7) Barbara says:

What would be wrong with a gay storyline? It’s part of life & gay kids need to feel like they are not alone & straight kids-& some of you posters- need to learn tolerance & acceptance. BTW, I’m a straight, married woman in my 50′s.

August 16, 2011 at 2:18 am
(8) Lorri says:

I don’t want to see the gay storyline either. I think it’s about time for me to stop watching this show.

August 16, 2011 at 2:55 am
(9) Lex Luther says:

I am so sick & tired of all the crybabies who disagree with the ones who don’t want a gay storyline! Do you ever stop think that some people don’t care for it? Its their right not to like something just as your right to like something. Please stop with the “homophobe” name calling. If your that God damn sensitive,then GO POUND SAND UP YOUR ASS!!!!

August 16, 2011 at 5:39 am
(10) LUMI says:

I dont want a gay story at all,but IF we do have one,let it
be Sonny and “T” not Will Horton.

and Corday said we were getting more Hortons on the show,well were the hell are they???????

August 16, 2011 at 10:50 am
(11) Bee says:

Ok Lex, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck……

Give me a break… if it was the introduction of a new Black couple and everyone was spewing how they would stop watching the show if they decided to bring in more black people, would it not be fair to call those people Racists?

If you are willing to quit watching a show just because they have ONE storyline involving a gay guy, then you have no tolerance for diversity.

Rape stories = good
Murder Stories = good
Incest = good
cheating/lies = good
mob/gang violence = good
sweet gay boy trying to deal with the people in his life = Quit watching the show?

You haters are ridiculous.
I feel sorry for the children that you bring up because they will be taught intolerance and hate.

August 16, 2011 at 12:44 pm
(12) Lorrie says:

EXCELLENT POST BEE!! I couldn’t have said it any better! Pathetic that some people fully accept violence but a gay storyline they don’t accept–wow, yes, I feel sorry for whoever they bring up in their family.

August 16, 2011 at 2:14 pm
(13) Ellerbaker says:

Come on this is getting out of hand. All this spitting about people not wanting a gay storyline.

We want Will and Gabi together because we have been watching them develop this tender new love for each other. Something fresh and clean instead of using each other to get something out of the relationship. (EJ & Nicole for a baby & Stefano & Kate to hid that she tried to kill Chole) Yes Fresh & Clean for awhile.

Thanks Mr Corday for bringing Romance back to daytime TV.

August 16, 2011 at 3:22 pm
(14) Lex Luther says:

Ok Bee, Don’t even go there about blacks,and btw way I’m black myself. You “Hetrophobes” always want spout diversity & tolerance but only for what you believe, if someone differs from your beliefs, you’re their with the name calling. I personally could careless if there’s is a gay storyline or not,but people HAVE THE RIGHT TO THEIR OPINIONS even if you agree or disagree with it. Also if you think the other storylines are bad, why don’t you stop watching? If you don’t like difference of opinion, then POUND SAND UP YOUR ASS!!!

August 16, 2011 at 5:10 pm
(15) Angie says:

Freddie is SOOO cute.If they take him off the show, I’ll sue them,if they cancel the whole show,I’ll kill them.

August 16, 2011 at 8:34 pm
(16) who cares says:

I can’t beleive Days is doing this, this sucks!!! And no Im not homophobic….its just wrong!! I don’t want to see that crap either, just as many others have expressed. Why can’t there be good shows on and not put all this gay, crude and nasty stuff on every tv show there is?? That is whats wrong with the world, he or she’s doing it so why not “ME” too!!! Come on people lets keep some good shows on. Im glad to see they don’t show all the sex stuff either. Days DON”T DO IT!!!!

August 16, 2011 at 9:08 pm
(17) Jamie says:

Bring on the gay storyline!

Not a big fan of the actor who plays Sonny, but better get him a love interest (not Will, thank you very much!) instead of just having him be part of the ridiculous feud storylines.

A gay SL can only help Days at this point, and I’m sure they’ll gladly do without old homophobes and build a younger audience that advertisers like.

August 16, 2011 at 9:32 pm
(18) The Fuedalist says:

Silly gay guys!

D1cks are for chicks!

LOL!!!!!!

August 16, 2011 at 9:34 pm
(19) The Feudalist says:

If we have to see a gay storyline with 2 guys, well then I demand to see a lesbian storyline. How about that?

I want to see Abigail and Melanie get close and have a lesbian relationship and see a lesbian bed scene with them!!!

August 17, 2011 at 11:20 am
(20) Lorrie says:

Lex, the thing is, it’s great to have one’s own opinion and express it, but not cool to just make a statement without explaining why. The purpose of message boards is to DISCUSS. To just say “I don’t want gays in storyline” with no intelligent explanation (or in some cases, no explanation at all) is pointless on a discussion board and makes the statement said very weak, immature and nonsensical.

August 17, 2011 at 3:52 pm
(21) Bee says:

Lex, you seem to have a fixation about pounding things up the ass….

Maybe you are one of those that ‘taunt and torment’ the gay storyline only to realize its because you are gay.

just saying….

August 17, 2011 at 4:31 pm
(22) Jodie says:

What would be so interesting about two queer guys in bed?…
Just like the Timex “They take a licking and keep on…….”
Goodbye to Sonny!

August 17, 2011 at 4:49 pm
(23) lily says:

Don’t resort to name calling. Just because I, and it looks like the majority on this blog, do not want to see a gay storyline does not make me or anyone else a homophobe.

August 17, 2011 at 7:53 pm
(24) Jubes says:

There is so much other ridiculous stuff on TV, this storyline seems tame. The character is a nice kid with a good attitude and the fact is whether you think that being gay is wrong or not, it’s a part of our world and many people can identify with a storyline like this, even if you might not be able to. Even if you think it’s outrightly “wrong” … there are baby-kidnappings and brainwashing and cloning and all of this other stuff. Watch it for entertainment value. But some of us have been waiting for a long time for a storyline like this.

I actually have some friends who are tuning in to see the show because they are interested in Sonny’s new character. I can’t remember the last time I’ve been able to say that about DooL. I’m so wonderfully happy that they have introduced this character to Salem, and I hope he is there for some time to come.

August 17, 2011 at 9:02 pm
(25) sarah says:

There should absolutely be a gay storyline on Days. Close your eyes to it all you want, but the world is full of gay people. Might as well get someone to represent! I’m not even gay and I love the gay story lines. I’m totally sick of the the way straight story lines are done over and over again. Blah. Get with the times. America is so far behind Europe in this regard.

August 17, 2011 at 10:46 pm
(26) Jubes says:

Well said sarah!! For all the baby switching and cloning and forced prostitution and demonic possessions (where characters transform into others to try and seduce priests?? Where’s the ‘morality’ in that?) that we happily are entertained by, here’s the chance for a real-world storyline that is actually something that some fraction of the people watching might be able to relate to.

Everyone I know who watches the show is very happy that this storyline is unfolding – so at least from my vantage point, the majority of people definitely are glad to see this! And hey, at the end of the day, you aren’t comfortable watching, maybe you’ll eventually come to know and love Sonny and realize after all that you want his character to be happily paired to someone he cares about. If not, there’s always the FF button, right? Lord knows I’ve used it for half the rest of the show for the last decade.

August 17, 2011 at 11:02 pm
(27) Lorrie says:

I would also love to broaden this topic and extend to what Sarah said about the same straight storylines…If anyone here is connected to Days of Our Lives should read this:

Not only would having a gay storyline be great but also ANYONE who is different from being Joe or Jane Average, meaning I’d love to also see people who are physically challenged and emotionally challenged on the show too. Theo is the only one who is.

There is a main character on the soap Coronation Street who is in a wheelchair (the character, I don’t think the actress). She has a great role.

It’s refreshing to see reality in soaps. Not everyone is straight, gorgeous and physically/mentally perfect as American soaps portray.

August 18, 2011 at 1:55 pm
(28) Purplebunny says:

Reading everyone’s post had me laughing. The “gay” storyline would be good for the show. People may like Gabi and Will together but sometimes I have to say they are boring. If it’s Will that joins that story then ok. If not then ok. It’s not that serious. It is a soap and people flip flop more times then underwear drops. So enjoy the twists and turns and stop being so moody about it.

August 18, 2011 at 10:16 pm
(29) riptide09 says:

I’ve been watching days since i was 14 and marleana was possessed; and I’m also gay. I don’t like the Sonny gay story line for the simple fact that it’s boring. Sonny is boring, and so are his parents all 3 need to leave town and take Daniel with them. I could care less if days ever gets a gay story line cause, when watching days i never expect to see anything even remotely close to real life. I like consistency and knowing what to expect when i watch days. No matter what i don’t think they should turn wil gay but Def liked mia better than gabby. Oh yeah Taylor, Roman, and rafe are also welcome to leave salem

August 19, 2011 at 11:17 am
(30) Lorrie says:

Well, I’ve always said reality shows are the 21st century soaps, meaning that soaps has always had a lot of realism to it. It’s very day-to-day, celebrating holidays when we celebrate, storylines that are also timed exactly like real life.

Has anyone checked out soaps on Wikipedia? They list all the falies, relatives, even the once, and twice removed relatives, street addresses they live on, birth dates, and I’m talking all fake! Wow, writers put a lot of time and energy making the soaps as real as possible so riptide, I think your perception of how soaps are, are not what the writers feel.

Real life isn’t always consistent and predictable, maybe your life is and that’s fine, how ever you want your life to be, but others, especially cops and doctors, can be VERY unpredictable. Both professions tend to have many unordinary personalities. I know because my boyfriend used to be a cop of 10 years and now works in a hospital (also for about 10 years now), sometimes as a traveler; he says it’s like working in Peyton Place–people are always screwing around, nurses having affairs with doctors, etc. Yep, soaps are indeed a real depiction of life!

August 19, 2011 at 4:44 pm
(31) Jimmy says:

I’m 17 and I’ve been watch Days with my Mom since I was very little. I’m straight and I love Nicole, Sami, Gaby,Kinsey,Hope and like Kate (her looks, not her actions at times) With the gay storyline I could take it or leave it but please people, I think we just need to agree to disagree and just keep on the subject of Days instead of arguing if there should be or not be a gay storyline.

August 19, 2011 at 8:26 pm
(32) Judew says:

Oh please!! Poster #16 you are a big flaming homophobe! With that comment, how can you not be homophobic?! And dumb!

August 20, 2011 at 3:50 pm
(33) Lorrie says:

Jimmy, the gay storyline seems to be setting up so it looks like that will be a Days subject…Stay tuned….. :)

August 21, 2011 at 1:21 am
(34) riptide09 says:

Lorrie the point i was trying to make is A that not all gay guys are. Flag-waiving, parade marching activist, and B the character of will Horton is one of the few characters on TV that I’ve seen that I’ve seen from conception to the present day College age that he is, and nothing to date indicated any homosexuality, and for all the shortcomings of the writers dragging out story lines then wrapping them up in a day, the one thing i like about them is their consitancy in characters. If they alter a character they never fully eliminate old character traits and it gives the show a kind of poetic/epic flow to everything. To me turning will gay is like putting a frown on the mona Lisa it just seems so uncharacteristic but hey what do i know…just glad they finally got a will that looks like sami. Oh yeah my sis is a nurse and she says the same thing about her hospital

August 22, 2011 at 12:53 pm
(35) Jane says:

Please do away with the gay storyline. I’ve been watching Days for 45 years & its done just fine without this kind of thing. I know it’s out there but I don’t enjoy seeing it on my soap. Thanks.

August 23, 2011 at 9:22 am
(36) Margaret says:

Days is a great soap. I thin k you are ruining it with the Gay story. We all know it exists – but does it have to be exploited on our favorite soap?

August 29, 2011 at 2:58 pm
(37) Caz says:

Haha,at least the whole ‘Gay storyline’ has got people to talk about the show.
I personally couldn’t give a damn if there is a gay story line or not as long as whatever they go with has a good plot.
Everybody has a right to their own opinion,each to their own.

September 1, 2011 at 1:16 am
(38) bria says:

I’ve sent in a written complaint and called the hotline. No thanks to the gay storyline. Not interested in watching it. No entertainment value for me. I’ve watched it straight (except for a vacation during Marlena’s possession), for 30+ years.

September 4, 2011 at 4:05 pm
(39) Madina says:

There’s nothing wrong with having a gay story-line on Days of our life- so stop being so damn ignorant and homophobic people- it will be awesome to have a gay story- line instead of only straight couples- gays are awesome.

September 14, 2011 at 6:58 pm
(40) WIll says:

If you don’t want to see it… don’t watch.

October 27, 2011 at 2:32 pm
(41) violetheather says:

I love Sonny! I really like the thought of a Will- Sonny story line. But I’m waiting for someone to have the balls to write in a trans character. There is even more diversity in our world than most people realize.

October 27, 2011 at 2:37 pm
(42) rainbowman says:

I for one would love to see the gay storyline continue on Days. Even if Sonny doesn’t wind up with Will, he deserves a proper love interest and he is already “out.” Dropping the gay storyline now would just be stupid. I was a HUGE fan of ATWT and fell in love with Luke and Noah and later even Reid. I would love to see Days come up with some scripts that are even half as good as those.

November 10, 2011 at 4:41 pm
(43) kwo says:

this is why british soaps are so much better. sure there are overexaggerated strylines, like a train crashing through the town and setting things on fire, but they definately manages real life better then american soaps. every major soap in the UK has one or more LGBT character, sometimes, god forbid, at the same time. lol at the dumb bitch who said sonny need a pretty girl. alhtough british soap do seem to love trains,fire and explosions, sometimes all in the same episode…

November 15, 2011 at 8:29 pm
(44) sam says:

NO, NO gay storyline. Sonny is too hot and needs a hot woman!!! PUH-LEASE!

December 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm
(45) dawn says:

I do not like the GAY story line…Sonny was one thing..didnt like it, and if it gets to be too much I will stop watching. I stopped watching during the demon possession (it went on too long and was stupid). When I do not like what is happening, I quit watching period. I have thought that they might put Sonny and T together at some point, but I do not want to see gay guys kissing and making out on my tv…I avoid programs like that and I will definately stop with Days period. I do not want to see Will gay…I don’t like the character they have for Roman…his voice is annoying and I dont think he is all that great of an actor…I miss the old Roman…I think that Days will lose a lot of watchers if they get too carried away with this gay/lesbian thing…it is crammed down our throats too much as it is…the show is far from being a great role model for the younger crowd, but I have always liked the fact that I could watch and not have to deal with that kind of story line. I am not a homophobe – I just do not like it brought into my living room, and as a viewer I have that choice. DAYS writers listen up…I think you have more viewers who do not want the gay storyline…so if you are going that way…make it quick and take them off the show…

December 8, 2011 at 11:23 pm
(46) agonizo2003 says:

I don’t want to see a gay story line. It offends me. I watch shows that I enjoy and want to see. I don’t want to see that. i have watched days for 20 years lol. I will stop if they shove that crap down my throat. There are plenty of other things to watch.

January 14, 2012 at 10:32 pm
(47) Long time fan says:

I’m 38 years old and I’ve been watching days since I was like 7. I’m not threatening to stop watching the show and I really don’t want to get into a sexuality debate but I would prefer not to see this storyline unfold especially not with Will Horton. There are lots of believes and lifestyles that most people are now embracing but that doesn’t mean that I want my favorite shows to be hijacked by them especially on daytime TV…that’s what cable is for

January 20, 2012 at 1:27 pm
(48) turkishwife says:

If they start having gay story line well its GOOD BYE DAYS for me !!!!!

January 20, 2012 at 1:32 pm
(49) turkishwife says:

People READ YOUR BIBLE God burn a city down for that type of sin!!!!! You are either born a GIRL OR A BOY NOT A GAY !!!! What sex is Gay anyway !!! That is of the DEVIL

January 28, 2012 at 7:20 am
(50) Belinda Smith says:

Yes I want the Gay Storyline.

January 31, 2012 at 8:13 pm
(51) tala says:

I’m from an asian country, the majority of my people are homophobes. lots of them don’t even accept that gay people exist.I think it’s horrible!
But I can’t believe that homophobia still exists in U.S.! Oh I really can’t believe it! It’s a disaster!!!!

February 3, 2012 at 1:51 pm
(52) Kylee says:

I do not want to see any gay story line on days sorry I do not want to see homosexuality perpetuated on public television i love but i would like to see more black cast members im sure more than two black people live in “Salem” i mean everybody is like lets face reality okay well two black people in any city is unrealistic

February 3, 2012 at 2:02 pm
(53) Kylee says:

okay this is the stupidest argument i have ever heard just because a person is black or wants to see more black people on a show that they shoulc just accept homosexuality as the norm what the hell does being black have to do with being gay. all you people that use this weak ass argument need to think about what theyre saying wanting more black people must equal more gay people????? how dare you lump being black with being gay not the same thing you idiots. I dont think that anyone should be judged for their skin color or sexual orientation but i dont have to be subjected to gaydom if i dont want to be. and for all you people that are worried about how im raising my kids dont!!!! I teach the what i believe in as a to christian to love the world but you dont have to aceept everything the world throws at you.

February 19, 2012 at 9:03 am
(54) AllelaLal says:

Asthma is often a breathing ailment that makes breathing tough [url=http://www.sexe-x69.com/]adderall online[/url], specially although breathing out. Pollens, contaminants in the air, toxins and also bacterias can easily fast a good asthma suffering strike. These include diet plan that produces hypersensitivity and also environment elements for example dirt, moisture, smoke cigarettes.

February 23, 2012 at 5:25 pm
(55) laurie terry says:

Personally myself, i don’t like what is happening to dool. It was a very good show at one time, now you are messing it up with garbage like this crap with Will, it’s bad enough you’ve already got everybody swapping loves & then back again.I can, think of another name besides Salem for this town, oops, i should not have said that, it may have give you another stupid idea. I grew up watching dool with my Grandmother & have been loyal for 44 years, but now i don’t know. I don’t think i want my Grandchildren to watch this, my daughter who is 30 is in agreement with me on this. We are about to get where we don’t care if we watch it or not. Tom & alice horton, i’m using their stage name would litteraly, i believe turn over in their grave to know you have done this to such a great show. No wonder the ratings are not as good as they use to be. Maybe you need to take the Will storyline into consideration.

February 26, 2012 at 7:50 pm
(56) trish says:

Please do away with the gay issue with will,have been a fan forever,but will not watch anymore if they keep this gay issue going on.

April 4, 2012 at 9:33 pm
(57) Anonymous says:

Come on guys, don’t be so close minded. It shouldn’t matter what colour someone is, or what someone’s sexuality is. Gay or straight, love is love and people are people and what should matter is who people are! Personally I think it’s refreshing that DOOL has come up with a gay storyline, with Will and Sonny. There are so many homophobes out there, people that believe it’s the devil’s work and whatnot and that’s completely untrue. If God didn’t want people to feel that way, He wouldn’t have given them those urges. Let me remind you all that the Bible was written by MEN, not faxed from Heaven. Seriously, male on male, male on female, female on female, who cares! It’s love. It’s offensive what you guys are saying, and fine it’s your opinion, but you don’t have to be so ignorant and rude about it. I don’t know why people care so much about who others choose to fall in love with.

April 6, 2012 at 2:54 am
(58) streaming episodes says:

This is very attention-grabbing, You are an overly skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to in search of extra of your excellent post. Additionally, I have shared your site in my social networks

April 10, 2012 at 3:47 pm
(59) Elena says:

You people are simply disgraceful. I’m a seventeen year old girl who is straight; I think everybody should learn to respect and love each other. Listen, I don’t hate people who don’t like gays; I hate people who promote hate in the world. I understand that many of you are from a different generation and it is not easy to adapt to this difference in society but listen YOU NEED TO LEARN TO ACCEPT PEOPLE FOR WHO THEY ARE OTHERWISE YOU ARE SIMPLY HATERS AND YOU’RE ALL DISGUSTING PEOPLE- I learned. you’ll learn. everybody will accept. MOVE ON WITH SOCIETY- FORGET ANY CLOSE-MINDED TRADITIONS. This is ridiculous… I can’t believe that even SOME people don’t want this gay storyline. I too was a huge fan of ATWT and I adored Luke and Reid more than any other couple on television. You haters should be ashamed of yourselves for not wanting a gay storyline, saying that it’s being ‘forced’. Unbelievable. This is why people KILL THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY OBSERVE ALL OF THE HATRED THAT YOU SICK PEOPLE SPREAD! you are all bullies.

April 23, 2012 at 5:49 pm
(60) sylvia says:

Please no gay storylines. Although gays and lesbians are a reality in todays society, there are those of us who believe it is wrong and are offended by it. This is NOT the kind of storyline that will raise the ratings, regardless of those of you who stand behind it.

May 25, 2012 at 1:46 pm
(61) ang says:

Yes, Days needs to go gay. If people have a problem with it, well there’s always other shows to watch. Being gay isn’t a problem. The problem is people who don’t accept it. Im a lesbian and its nice to see real things and issues on Days.

May 31, 2012 at 2:53 pm
(62) rufus says:

I agree- you homophobes- who do you think sees the show? Gay people and housewifes- maybe this can be a good way for mothers to deal with there childs homosexuality- as a gay man myself- I believe this is a great storyline. And if your argument is that were going to hell- wellthan hell is one Fab place with glitter and karma is also a bitch- your kids might just be or turn outgay! I PRAY that they do!

June 1, 2012 at 4:34 pm
(63) Maddie says:

I’m 17 and I’m a straightl and I honestly don’t give a damn about if someones gay or not and niether should you. I mean yes it’s true that you have the right to not have it shoved down your throats but If you feel that passionate about it guess what, PICK UP THE DAMN REMOTE AND TURN THE CHANNEL god I find it so funny how most of you are like “I’ve watched the show for 30+ years” which means your older than me, which means you should be wiser than what you are and truth be told your not really showing that you are(hey look I don’t want a gay storyline so I’m gonna threaten to stop watching the show) grow up act your age and get with the times. If this offends anyone I sincerily apologize because I don’t disrespect adults but seriously you need to grow up if not for the sake of others do it for the sake of yourselves because this is showing no growth as a human being or as a parent or grandparent

June 6, 2012 at 6:09 pm
(64) Steven says:

Wow, this is ridiculous. I have been hoping for a gay story line because the rest of it was getting BORING! And besides, All the older generations who’ve been watching it need to step down anyways. It’s time to bring in ideas for the younger crowd! Or didn’t you know that’s why the story lines in summertime get more interesting and different? During the school year its little stories while the writers work on a big summer story line (e.g. Stefano being killed, Will and Sonny gay story line, Kate not being able to work for any competition) All of which will intrigue a spark for the characters involved and draw in younger crowds. Stop babbling that it SUCKS that there is a gay story line and focus on the other stories going on…DAMN….

June 14, 2012 at 3:46 am
(65) Chris says:

I don’t understand something… How come if there is a straight couple kissing or having a sex scene it is no big deal, but if there is a gay couple it is considered “pushing the gay life style down our throats?” I mean seriously people get with the times and stop being so homophobic!

July 6, 2012 at 4:17 am
(66) Me says:

Hey guys… I’m bi and… I just wanted to say that I think it’s stupid how you guys are saying such rude comments about gays… I’m in the closet and I’m 13 secretly watching the.gay storyline on my cell.. and even though I’m not badly effected.. I’d appreciate it if you guys stop with the harsh comments cause I don’t want another kid, teen, or confused gay or lesbian to think that being gay is horrible, and to be against a gay storyline on TV? It makes me think being bi in the real world is a curse or something and if your reaction to a simple storyline is this bad it makes me think that being bi will actually get way worse reactions and statements. Although there will always be people who are homophobes, think beyond that for once. You don’t have to be a homophobe you know. stop with the harsh comments. Its stupid.

July 10, 2012 at 3:02 pm
(67) sandy says:

I have been watching this show for many many years and putting this gay crap on there is just disgusting!!!! Take it to some other show, don’t mess with the best one on Tv. Will is sickining to watch, they need to send him away and let him be a queer on some other show. On days they show him to much with his stupid looking grin and or crying like a big P ……. I don’t even care to watch.

July 11, 2012 at 10:05 pm
(68) ken says:

Wow. I never thought we still lived in a society where people were closed minded. I am in my early 40s and have been terrified how people would react to coming out. It wasn’t a choice but it just is. I thank God that my family accepts me when so many others are not accepted for who they are. I enjoy the storyline and remember that this is not the first gay character on Days. Remember Brian Patrick Green playing Jen’s gay friend. Society was not ready then. Let’s hope times have changes and people can accept everyone for who they are. Go Sonny and Will. Thank you Chandler and Freddle for playing believable role models. I for one gay will continue to watch. Haters you will too and hopefully you will see that every person deserves live. I can’t wait for the first kiss. My DVR will stay tuned.

August 6, 2012 at 12:37 am
(69) Michael says:

Wow, just want to say i do love this show, only thing i don’t understand is all these posts above? I am 23 i have only just come out to my family and i have lost them all in the process because like so many people, they seem to think it is disgusting and wrong, this show is one of the reasons I came out, it gave me hope that my parents would be as cool and accepting as sonny and wills unfortunately it has not been the case. I have seen alot of negative posts about the gay story line but i wonder if many of you have stopped to think at how many others it could give hope to, i live in a tiny village and i do not know a single other gay person in my life, i am trying to figure things out for myself, so watching a program like this where they include a couple of gay guys really inspires me and gives me hope that one day i will get back the love of my parents, my grandparents, my brothers and my friends. i know alot of you might not like the story lines but some of us do, some of us look up to the characters, yeah i know its only a soap but they put these storylines in to help people understand, to make it less difficult to come to terms with something so life changing. but at the end of the day we all have our preferences, yeah you might not like the story line right now but im sure if you keep watching there will be many more that you may like better than this one.xxx

August 23, 2012 at 12:38 pm
(70) JC says:

Please get Will out of that gay thing !!!!! I’m ok with Sonny and anyone who comes on the show as a gay. I have no problem I worked with gays and they are the funniest people to be around if you are down they can pick you up with their stories !!. But not Will !! I hope him and Gabi get back together. I have watched the show since the first day and yes there is a lot of changes, but not Will ( PLEASE) The kiss was cut off quickly my granddaughter was here !!! not good !! Keep up the good work and do watch what scences you put out there, if we are to watch them during the day remember their are little ones still at home at 1:00pm not in school !!!

August 25, 2012 at 11:27 pm
(71) mp says:

In real life in my state of California and our government in Calforina banned gay people and gay marriage and proposition 8 is also banned too. And Days is a soap opera Sonny should back off on Will is not his business telling him about being gay or not Will should go to his parents and his family about situation is like One Life to Live they have the same storyline too you know Kyle and Oliver storyline and Beverly Hills 90210 episode about a working man working community center because of his female boss i hope EJ mayor of salem will do something about it

October 25, 2012 at 7:01 pm
(72) Susan DuCote says:

I do not want to see any gay scenes! Dool has always been the best daytime soap but this gay stuff is down right making me sick!!!!!

October 26, 2012 at 4:36 pm
(73) Tim says:

I remember Days from back in the day when my Mom was a regular viewer, and had not seen it for many years. I happened to catch an episode recently, and caught the gay story line. Bravo to Days for keeping it real! As a gay man I appreciate this element to the program, and will watch the show more often because I can relate to it. To those who are intolerant of gay culture I say ….screw you!

October 27, 2012 at 9:57 am
(74) mj says:

Disappointing reading all the hate, especially from those that support will and sonny…I’ve watched Days for 20 years or more. My issue is get of the love scenes…its not homophobic, its decency..there’s enough trash out there already and getting real doesn’t mean stooping down to sex scenes

December 7, 2012 at 6:49 am
(75) victoria says:

I am not a fan of gay relationships, so for Days of Our Lives fans who disagree with the gay scenes, just tape the show, watch it later and fast forward throught he scenes you don’t wish to watch. Same goes for those who dislike any other part of the storyline. I find that to be the best way to still enjoy the show and yet not deprive others who like that type programming.

December 13, 2012 at 9:07 pm
(76) Matthew says:

I had no idea America was this behind! Thank God I live in England because I could not tolerate this kind of ignorance.

January 4, 2013 at 7:46 am
(77) Ed says:

Young kids can no longer watch Days like in the older times and I used to watch it with the whole family…now with this gay scenario being physical;ly played out on there none of us can watch Days with young ones in the room as it is going to far at this point with this storyline…It could be done more tastefully without all the physical stuff…SHAME ON DAYS!

January 4, 2013 at 7:49 am
(78) Ed says:

It is a pathetic shame that DAYS has to resort to such a storyline with all the physical interaction…it could of been done in a tasteful manner so younger kids could be in the room while adults watch Days like in the past…now we have to make sure they don’t see such crap.

January 6, 2013 at 9:17 pm
(79) joann says:

“Gay” is a part of the world now. You have to deal with it. Some of the best people I know are gay. Its their choice. Live and let live.I have my feeling about if its right or wrong,BUT I don’t have to answer for it. Right or wrong

January 7, 2013 at 4:58 pm
(80) Anja says:

Oh my god, what´s going on here. I come from europe and I cannot believe how many people here are against a gay storyline.
These are not more than statements against gay guys and that makes me very sad. Because of such an ignorante attitude a lot of gay guys have a hard time to come out.

And I am so happy, that DOOL gives the gay storyline a chance. It is not only a storyline for a soap. It gives the chance to break prejudice and ignorance.
I love the story between Will and Sonny. And I think it’s the right way. For all of us.
Why should love between two people be wrong. Straight, gay or lesbian. It doesn´t matter.

I hope my english is understandable :-)

January 7, 2013 at 5:09 pm
(81) Anja says:

Oh my god, what is going on here. I come from europe and I cannot believe how many people here are against a gay storyline.
These are not more than statements against gay guys and that makes me very sad. Because of such an ignorante attitude makes it for a lot of gay guys hard to come out.

I love the story between will and sonny. And I think it’s the right way. For all of us.

I hope my english is understandable :-)

January 16, 2013 at 6:43 pm
(82) Dee Szczesek says:

I think. Sonny is out of mind on the show more better only men up and just just go after the person he wants put that in his scrip line

January 16, 2013 at 6:55 pm
(83) Dee Szczesek says:

I I think that will and sonny make the show more interesting just don’t break them up there’s more ahead for them

January 26, 2013 at 3:49 pm
(84) Lese says:

I think the story line about Will and Sonny is fantastic. All you gay haters need to stop trippin and get over it. Geez

January 27, 2013 at 8:22 pm
(85) Ty says:

Will and Sonny are the main reason I continue to watch Days of Our Lives. It’s given me a greater interest and motivation to tune in! Good job!

February 1, 2013 at 2:40 pm
(86) Kim says:

First off, I’m disgusted that anybody would be hated for who they are and/or who they love. Secondly, WilSon is the only reason to watch DAYS anymore. Their love is real, and both actors portray a timeless quality to their story. I’m sorry I can’t say that about anybody else, regardless of sexuality. Hell, poor Sami can’t just pick a man and stick with him for more than 5 minutes. Thank God they didn’t scrap this s/l.

April 7, 2013 at 12:53 pm
(87) CZ says:

Just because you do not above of someone’s life style does not mean you have a Phobia. I think watching 2 men make out is disgusting. No I do not have to accept what is not right with the world. There are those that lie, cheat and steal and I don’t have to accept them either. Most of all being Gay is a lifestyle choice not something your born with. I’m heterosexual that is my choice not something I was born with. You are not born with a sexual preference.

April 24, 2013 at 5:08 pm
(88) gaelyn says:

don’t listen to those homophic bigots

August 26, 2013 at 1:37 am
(89) Suzie Randall says:

I usually don’t like to see things like this, but I love Will and Sonny as a couple on Days, I’m pissed as well! Also, Chad is very hot, I really hate to hear he is leaving, is it true?

October 22, 2013 at 2:04 pm
(90) Lee says:

Hey CZ you disgust me too with your filthy mind. And the fact that you breath.