1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

James Scott Update: Actor Talks Future with Days of Our Lives

By September 29, 2011

James ScottDays after "rebooting" Days of Our Lives, a move that had been publicized for months, the NBC daytime drama could suffer a major setback. Soap Opera Digest is reporting that James Scott (EJ), whose contract is set to expire in May 2012, and the show have been unable to come to terms on a new deal and that he could be leaving the soap.

Scott, who is unquestionably one of Days' most popular stars, joined the soap in 2006. He was handpicked by then head writer James E. Reilly, who'd seen and admired his work as Ethan on All My Children.

"[He] actually conceived EJ with me in mind," said Scott, when he joined Days. "My manager got a phone call pretty soon after the end of All My Children about the role and was asked if I'd be interested in it."

Scott was and eagerly relocated to Los Angeles for the gig, where he was brought into the Salem fold as Stefano DiMera's long missing son, EJ. The character has been front and center ever since, as Scott has enjoyed successful screen romances with leading ladies Alison Sweeney (Sami) and Arianne Zucker (Nicole).

It's nearly impossible to imagine Days without Scott. Hopefully, the show and the actor reach an agreement that keep EJ in Salem.

Scott, who released the following† statement via the show's publicity department, seems hopeful: "It has always been my wish to continue working with Days of Our Lives, and, in light of recent reassurances given, I am optimistic of my future here at Days."

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Chris Haston

Comments

September 29, 2011 at 4:04 pm
(1) LUMI says:

the only time I cared about EJ/JS is when he is with Nicole,so goodby and dont hurry back :(

September 29, 2011 at 4:14 pm
(2) Kelly says:

Noooooo!!!! Worst days news EVER! I will stop watching if he leaves.

September 29, 2011 at 4:49 pm
(3) good says:

Best news I have head sence he come on Days in 2006

September 29, 2011 at 4:52 pm
(4) Kate says:

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

September 29, 2011 at 5:26 pm
(5) Roxie says:

I like James well enough as an actor but could never stand EJ. Good riddance…and take Kate Roberts with you.

September 29, 2011 at 6:19 pm
(6) Maggie says:

Risking the loss of James Scott is not something Days should take lightly. He is extraordinarily talented and has created one of the most mesmerizing characters to grace daytime tv. His fanbase is quite large, and he tests well with all demographics. Besides, this guy’s quite easy on the eyes, as indicated by winning the Daytime Soap Hunks Adonis title four times. Sara Bibel, writer for TV Guide, credited him with saving Days from the abysmal writing which characterized Days for that past year.

We are just this week seeing the relaunch of Days, and despite the spin released yesterday by the show over the reset demos, industry insiders already acknowledge that these numbers are nowhere strong enough to assure Days longevity. Days is in no position to take the hit that Scott’s departure would bring. If Days management is smart, they’ll make sure they keep Scott on air.

September 29, 2011 at 6:42 pm
(7) Jamesass says:

JAMES did not save Days,the fans kept Days on the air along with Corday,the ratings was better befor he came on Days and the show will be here when he is gone.
best news I have seen sence 2006.
we lost alot of vets 6 years ago,Corday said just 2 weeks ago,he was bringing 6 vets back and Im happy he is and EJ can hit the road,let him go make movies if his so great an actor.

September 29, 2011 at 8:22 pm
(8) KS says:

I never cared for E.J. and if James Scott leaves the show then I wish him the best.

September 29, 2011 at 8:26 pm
(9) Yusra says:

James is very talented. TPTB would be very stupid to let him go. Noone could ever replace him. James we love you!! :)

September 29, 2011 at 8:30 pm
(10) Efpos says:

James Scott is one of the finest actors Days has ever had. His two emmy nominations attest to his incredible talent as an actor and he is enormously popular with the majority of the show’s viewing audience.
Days would suffer a devastating loss should he leave.

September 29, 2011 at 8:43 pm
(11) luckynik says:

James Scott IS Days, he is their leading 30something man! & if tptb don’t move heaven & earth to keep him their little “reset” won’t matter, days is tanked. James’s a wonderful person, and such a gifted actor – i wouldn’t want to see him go anywhere, i like seeing him on my TV set daily!

Days would risk far too much, if james goes several large fan bases will go with him, and that puny ONE TENTH of a jump in rating they got for mon/tues won’t mean anything!

September 29, 2011 at 8:44 pm
(12) Finley says:

I love James Scott and his portrayal of EJ…I am sorry Dool but James is the only good thing that has kept me hanging on to this sinking ship. Reset or not…I will not be watching if James goes.

September 29, 2011 at 8:45 pm
(13) Kelly says:

James Scott is why I watch Days. The character of EJ DiMera is one of the most entertaining in soap history! If Days got their act together and showcased he and Alison Sweeney as Ejami they’d find so many viewers coming back!

September 29, 2011 at 8:53 pm
(14) Jen says:

Letting James leave would be the worst thing to ever happen to DAYS!

September 29, 2011 at 9:04 pm
(15) Susan says:

James is a 2 time Emmy nominated actor unlike any other on the show. DOOL would be stupid to let that go. Sorry James is by far more talented than many whom are still on the show!

His charisma and chemistry is outstanding. IMHO if he leaves there will be a blood letting at Days and the show WILL be canceled!

September 29, 2011 at 9:05 pm
(16) JSFan says:

NOOOOOO! James Scott as EJ DiMera is brilliant. Love the vets coming back, but, not worth watching DOOL anymore without the character of EJ DiMera played by Mr. James Scott. Love James.

September 29, 2011 at 9:05 pm
(17) Katie says:

James Scott is my favorite Days actor and has been my reason for watching during horrid writing. Days can’t afford to be foolish in these precarious times for the soap industry. They need to get him signed. If for some reason they don’t, I will have no problem turning Days off for good.

September 29, 2011 at 10:00 pm
(18) Krista says:

The loss of James Scott as EJ Dimera from Days would leave a huge hole in the show. James is a phenomenal actor, who is dedicated to his craft and brings his best to every scene. He brought me back to this show in 2006 after several years of lapsed viewing and has been the only reason that I have hung on through some very poor storylines up until now. The role of EJ Dimera was crafted for James Scott and he is not replaceable, in any way, shape, or form. If James Scott goes, it’s a deal breaker for me because he was one of main sources of enjoyment from Days.

September 29, 2011 at 10:14 pm
(19) Tabbie says:

I would be really really disappointed if you decided to let James go. He is a really talented actor. It would be such a waste to let him go.

September 29, 2011 at 10:19 pm
(20) LIsa says:

James Scott is one of DOOL’s finest actors! I absolutely love him! Salem would not be the same without EJ!!! Tony was another great DiMera. Would love to see him come back.
Please DOOL DO NOT let EJ go!!!!!!!!!

September 29, 2011 at 11:32 pm
(21) RT says:

Considering that Days hasn’t gotten anything positive from showcasing James so much the last 5 years, I would think that Days would at the very least attempt to rest the character for a period of six months to see how it affects the show. His fans aren’t watching the show apparently because he’s featured with Nicole, which IMHO is the only viable pairing left for the character for now, so what is Days truly losing. If I were them, I would give it a shot, they have enough vets now and enough talent to make Days shine again without the air hog that is James Scott taking over again.

September 29, 2011 at 11:40 pm
(22) Roni says:

James Scott is what has kept me watching days for the last two years. He is one of the best actors on Days, and I will not watch without him. I hope the show knows what a treasure they have in him and find a way to keep him. James Scott, you are truly loved by your fans. Please dont go!

September 30, 2011 at 12:15 am
(23) VLS says:

Considering the character of EJ was silent for the month of September LAST year and the ratings TANKED – I think resting him for 6 months would be suicide for the show. Whether you want to admit it or not James Scott as EJ DiMera is the male face of Days just as Alison Sweeney is the female face of Days.

I’m happy the vets are back BUT if James were to leave – so would I.

Glad to hear he’s not leaving!

September 30, 2011 at 1:26 am
(24) Feisty says:

I’m with the majority here. James Scott has literally acted above and beyond the past 3 years..helping to hold together a show that sank yet a little lower once you were certain it wasn’t possible. While I watched vets of over two decades not manage to carry off a scene convincingly (and with the writing, I can’t really blame them) SOMEHOW James kept his composure and did the best with the drivel he was handed.
Since he walked into Salem, James Scott has stolen our hearts. This viewer would be heart-broken were he to leave.
I’m looking very much forward to the return of DOOL (this past week’s been VERY promising!) and aside from a few recent hires who continue to need firing, only the full-throttle lift off of EJAMI (EJ and Sami’s) romance is needed to put me on cloud 9 soap happiness!

September 30, 2011 at 1:28 am
(25) Kerriwyn says:

I’m very much looking forward to the return of DOOL (this past week’s been VERY promising!) and aside from a few recent hires who continue to need firing, only the full-throttle lift off of EJAMI (EJ and Sami’s) romance is needed to put me on cloud 9 soap happiness!

September 30, 2011 at 4:18 am
(26) Tammy says:

I hope James Scott stays with Days.I will stop
watching days if James leaves.

September 30, 2011 at 5:54 am
(27) acdc says:

As with all actors, it’s all about the money. He wants more and they don’t want to give it to him so he threatens to leave and then they’ll eventually capitulate to his demands. Actors are extremely selfish people who think their work is worth all the multiple thousands and multi millions paid to them as if life owes them a living. It is obscene what actors, sports people and others like them make. You have firefighters and paramedics and people who save lives everyday risking their own who get paid next to nothing comparitively. Here you have someone who gets paid egregious amounts of money to play a grown up game of dress up and pretend. Acting is not a skill nor is it particularly an art. Anyone can act. Not everyone can go out there risking their lives to save others. So, I say to Mr. James Scott: “Grow up, accept what you are given graciously as you earn way more than most of us ever will in one year compared to our whole lifetimes. Also, appreciate the fact you have a job. So many are without jobs, homes, food or clothing, medical, etc. Put on some big boy pants now and be grateful you have what you do. Sincerely, James, you won’t go hungry nor without your luxuries like a mansion, cars, toys, clothes by overly priced designers and all the little extras. You will still have plenty and enough to buy whatever your heart fancies. Also, do NOT forget where you come from, which you already have which is the land of Geordies, Newcastle Upon Tyne, where I proudly live with my Geordie husband. You come from a working class background and grew up in a small flat and went to public elementary school. To be greedy now would be to completely dishonour yoiur heritage.” I only hope he takes the time to peruse these sites and reads this. Someone needs to tell himas well as all the other greedy actors and sports people out there the truth about themselves and about their obscenity of wealth while so many others stuggle to put one crumb of bread on their plates.

September 30, 2011 at 7:34 am
(28) bebe5caterina says:

James Scott is a very good man and a fantastic actor. He acts what is written to him and delivers natural and believable. Please stay on Days, I cannot imagine Days without EJ. James Scott cannot be replaced, he is the only one who can be EJ.

September 30, 2011 at 7:58 am
(29) Jewals6 says:

James Scott is the essential element of DAYS. His on screen dynamic, presence, talent and sheer ability to deliver entertainment through his dedication to acting is what brought me back to DAYS and has kept me connected to DAYS.

September 30, 2011 at 8:39 am
(30) Pam says:

Greed is a horrible thing. In this economy if he wants to leave over money, I say good bye. Many have come and gone before him. I would keep DOOL over any other show on TV daytime or nighttime. I don’t think DOOL will suffer with his loss.

September 30, 2011 at 9:48 am
(31) Karrie says:

If James leaves it’s because like so many others he’s a casualty of the Nu Day’s that is truly THE SAFE HOUR, Day’s will continue to lose viewers until they realize that the sun does not rise and set on AS, and her hand picked main man GG. As a viewer who has watched Days for 30 years I cannot believe how bad it has gotten, people want to blame the character of EJ, how about blaming the fact that since Sami became the shows heroine instead of keeping her character in true form, the show has lost ratings. If the show loses James no amount of vets will keep it on the air, Bad writing and bad decisions by KC have it where it is.

September 30, 2011 at 9:51 am
(32) dana says:

This guy is not going to be moving UP. His CONSTANT BLINKING precludes him getting a better job than this, so if he thinks he’s sooooo important, let him talk to Thaao P.

What A BLINKING EGO!

September 30, 2011 at 10:27 am
(33) Scarlett says:

Losing James now would be a serious blow to Days, which is trying to get viewers back right now, not lose viewers.

September 30, 2011 at 10:34 am
(34) LUMI says:

sence EJ has been on Days the ratting have not gone up any,so whats so great about him staying,we all no he will stay for no other show has ask for him?

September 30, 2011 at 12:44 pm
(35) lali49 says:

I, for one, love the character of EJ Dimeara. Yeah, sometimes he’s bad, but sometimes he’s good. James Scott puts his whole heart and soul and a lot of effort into whatever is written for him. IMO that is what makes him a multi-dimensional actor. For the most part I am an Ejami fan and would love to see him united with Sami and his children. If James Scott leaves, I will probably stop watching the show which I have watched since 1969. Judging by the number of comments here (both positive and negative), it should be obvious that the character of EJ gets a lot of people stirred up! Just saying!

September 30, 2011 at 3:07 pm
(36) Patrica The Transvestite says:

James Scott is a good actor although my girlfriend & I can’t stand EJ at times especially when he’s going to be bad. Days went on before him and if he does leave which I highly doubt, Days will go on also.

The contract talks between james and Days mgmt is almost going to be like the NFL Lockout. They’ll spar and trade barbs back & forth and come May 2012, they suddenly reach an agreement. James Scott & EJ are going nowhere but staying in Salem.

September 30, 2011 at 3:35 pm
(37) Yenetti says:

I don’t think James will be leaving DOOL after next May. EJ is pretty much a main character and is the heir apparent to the DiMera Empire plus it would be hard to recast EJ. Although maybe 5 or 6 years down the road James could be leaving if would land a role in a major movie.

As someone said before, James Scott would make a great James Bond and I have to agree as a 007 fan. I like the old Sean Connery & Roger Moore 007 movies and after Roger Moore left, I didn’t care for Timothy Dalton or Peirce Bronson and the current one. I think James Scott would be able to revive the 007 series. Right now James Scott is only 32 so he’s still a little young yet for the James Bond role but when he’s 37 or 38 then he’ll be right ready for it.

Yenetti, Salem,Illinois

(Home of DOOL)

September 30, 2011 at 5:03 pm
(38) MikeyM says:

This is an example of how you keep a character on even the character has out lived his welcome.
Really? A Mayor storyline after he has kidnapped, murdered and raped.
I don’t get all the love that woman have for this character. He seems to get a get out of free jail card all the time because of his looks.
He is a crook. Have him Finally pay for what he has done.

September 30, 2011 at 5:06 pm
(39) MikeyM says:

I sure do hate it when people say they won’t watch a show anymore if their favorite actor leaves.
Why? It sound so childish.
This show will be much better without him on it. Bring on a new Villain. The Dimeras have run their course.

September 30, 2011 at 5:51 pm
(40) Miranda says:

Losing James Scott would be the death knell for Days, imo… This is not a bash against the other fine actors on the show, but over time the character of EJ has become integral to a large number of Days’ characters’ stories… He is also a two time Emmy nominee.

I think the fact that they appear to be going to ensemble story telling is also a reflection of the importance of EJ to the show. Many of the emerging stories will apparently involve both EJ and the DiMeras… The DiMeras are essential to Days; and EJ has become the essential DiMera…. JMO

September 30, 2011 at 6:05 pm
(41) ejami4ever says:

My heart started racing at the thought of James leaving. I’ve leaving Days. I’ve absolutely LOVED him since he joined the show in 2006 and I can remember it like it was yesterday. If someone should be leaving it should be GA(Y)LEN or the girl who plays Gabi. I think this is probably just a false alarm. Mark Hapka (Nathan) is already gone, can’t take another good actor away! :/

October 1, 2011 at 12:15 am
(42) Guest says:

I personally think this is all a lot of hype released by James Scott himself and/or his agent(s) with the intent to ‘force’ Days into meeting his demands. I have never thought he was that good an actor and couldn’t care less if he stays or goes. In addition, his character is wishy-washy, one way this minute, another way the next, and it gets old. The writers can’t decide if he is a Dimera (villain) or not. Maybe a change of actor might add character development

October 1, 2011 at 12:17 am
(43) Guest says:

He isn’t going anywhere. This is all just hype released from him and his people to force Days to meet demands…. I would rather he did leave to be honest, but that is irrelevant, because he isn’t going anywhere.

October 1, 2011 at 12:33 am
(44) Marge says:

The only essential Dimera is Stefano.
He’s been ‘the villain’ for decades.

But with that said, the show survived losing Stefano, just as it did every other major actor loss. James Scott is not ‘Days’…he’s only one of many characters on Days–the show would go on without him, just as it did when Deidre Hall was let go, the first time or the second or the third, as well as other very popular actors that people said the show ‘could not do without’. In fact, in terms of length of time he has been on the show, he is nowhere near the longest running. The actors who play Maggie, Bo, Hope, Victor, Stefano, Doug, Julie, Jen, Sami, etc. have been on the show for many years, decades. He’s really still a newbie in that sense. If you all have been watching since he first showed up, then you surely realize by now, that in their eyes, no actor is set in stone. I’m not saying that I agree with them changing actors all the time, but the fact remains that they do it, and have done it, regardless of whether or not it angered the fans, and let’s face it, like it or not, threats or no, we’re all still watching, and they would even if he left.

October 3, 2011 at 10:28 am
(45) Joregeann says:

James Scott is the reason so many people watch Days. He has been nominated for an emmy twice, and he should have won. James has taken some of the crappy scripts he was given during Season 46 and spun them into gold. Without James Scott/EJ DimeraDays will suffer a major loss. James Scott is the reason Days has lasted this long especially after the Higley-Tomlin-Whitesell era. I have my fingers crossed that TPTB will work out any differences they have with James and, he will remain with the show. NBC/Sony should also consider a primetime project for him. It would be good for the ratings.

October 3, 2011 at 10:37 am
(46) Cindy says:

Regardless of who EJ is or is not paired with, he is important to the overall flow of the show. Salem cannot be populated by only “good” people. Villains drive the drama and provide lots of action for the good characters. And he is young and handsome. That is always a plus on daytime drama.

I love watching James and hope that NBC/Corday Productions come to terms soon that will insure EJ remains in Salem.

Thanks for the article.

October 3, 2011 at 10:52 am
(47) Rebecca says:

I can’t believe that there is even a ghost of a rumour that Days would not do everything possible to keep this amazing actor. James is talented and handsome and EJ is just a wonderfully complex character that I’m sure the new writers would do great things with.

There is SO much that can be done with this character and so much potential has been wasted for so many years. I was excited about the new writers in large part because I believed that they might finally realize the amazing potential of EJ that James Scott would no doubt knock out of the park. He has received the respect of his peers shown by his 2 LEADING ACTOR Daytime Emmy nominations during a period when the writing on Days was at its WORST. Imagine what he could do with talented writers!!

He has also proven the passionate following that he has through his 4 Adonis wins over at soaphunks. The man was untouchable in that competition for 4 years. I’d say that certainly sends a message about the strength of his fanbase.

Such a shame that we even have to be reacting to such news but I know I’ll be making my voice heard – I tuned back in to Days the past few weeks because of 2 things: hope for a great romance for EJ and curiosity to see how the returning vets would fit in to the newly launched storylines.

October 3, 2011 at 11:02 am
(48) LL says:

I don’t see the need for the character if Days has gotten nothing in return from showcasing him tirelessly for the better part of 5 years now. Rest the character, make a story out of his ‘death’ and then if the ratings are affected, which I doubt they will be, then bring the guy back. Days actually survived when Dee and Drake and others were let go. Dee was the face of Days and the ratings only started their downward spiral 2 years after her and Drake were written out. I also find it incredibly selfish of James to come out with this announcement at this time. I think his camp leaked the information to SOD to make Days react. I think it’s poor timing and will only hurt him in the long run. The Days execs can’t be happy that this news upstaged their positive press coming out of reboot week. JS sort of acted very Ej Dimeraish here, you know Ej just upstaged Abe at the unveiling of the Horton Square with his own mayoral announcement and JS upstaged Days with his own contract talks. I say, this isn’t the time to think about himself, when Days is trying to attract lapsed viewers and new viewers.

October 3, 2011 at 11:18 am
(49) Mary says:

James Scott is an amazing, talented actor and Days would be crazy to let him go. Those of you who blame him for low ratings need to look elsewhere, like at the boring Safe coupling that has been shoved down the viewers throat. James Scott is the only reason I have stayed tuned in as a viewer since Sami shot him in the head. Someone mentioned he gets a get out of jail free card, well what about Sami? She tried to murder the father of her children. Was she ever brought to justice? Please. Bo knew it, and did nothing. And he is sworn to uphold the law. Give me a break. Hypocrites. If it wasnt for James Scott I would be gone, and if he leaves I will be gone. Maybe that makes me an immature fan. But that is just the way I feel and I am intitled to my opinion. I have been watching Days since I was a child, and I was losing interest in this show until they brought EJ on to play opposite Sami. He is what reeled me back in. I have no interest in Days any longer without James Scott. And I know alot of Lumis left when Bryan Dattilo left, so if anyone should understand us James Scott fans, even if they hate the character of EJ, it should be them.

October 3, 2011 at 11:19 am
(50) briggs says:

James Scott is absolutely perfect as EJ DiMera. Along with Jen, Hope, Bo, Sami and Brady, among others, EJ as a lead character represents a DAYS core family in a way that keeps those families front and center. And just like those other characters, EJ (with Sami) has contributed to blending the core families through children, so that DAYS can have intriguing potential future storylines for the next generation. I hope we see EJ/James on DAYS for a long, long time to come.

October 3, 2011 at 11:27 am
(51) Sami Wells says:

James is such a great actor and he has so much more to give us. I am hoping they agree on a new contract.

October 3, 2011 at 11:32 am
(52) Rebecca says:

No offense to James, but good riddance! EJ has been on way too much since he arrived on the scene in 2006. It’s time to give weary viewers a permanent break from the overused character.

October 3, 2011 at 11:49 am
(53) Lulu says:

James Scott protrays EJ Dimera so wonderfully. Days of Our Lives would not be the same without EJ Dimera. He makes the show more interesting. And a recast would never work, so I’m really hoping James and Days can come to an agreement.

October 3, 2011 at 11:58 am
(54) Sami Gene Brady says:

If this comes true, it’ll be the best freaking news I’ve gotten lately. I’m tired of this half ass villain. Bring back Tony/Andre and get rid of Ej. He’s never really been written correctly, too wishy washy. The only villain they truly need is Stefano and if they want to have someone take over for him then bring back Thaao. He’s too good to pass up and he doesn’t have this over inflated ego that is showing now. Why doesn’t he put the show ahead of himself? He’s way too full of himself. Days did fine without James Scott for 40 years they will be fine if he leaves. Let him go Days, you won’t be sorry.

October 3, 2011 at 12:34 pm
(55) Annie says:

Letting James Scott go would be a herrendous mistake. He has kept the show alive this far with his acting ability, charisma and good looks – I’m afraid Dool won’t survive if he leaves. Keep James Scott!!!

October 3, 2011 at 12:40 pm
(56) marilyn says:

EJ is by far the most interesting character that DAYS has right now. Losing James Scott would leave a huge void in storyline as well as excitement. I love watching James Scott portray EJ. He is my main reason for watching the show. I would be very disappointed and sad to see him leave. I would probably consider not watching DAYS anymore.

October 3, 2011 at 12:46 pm
(57) dorothyg says:

Without James Scott, there will be no more Days for me. I have watched Days for almost 26 years and was getting bored with it when James Came on Days…somone finally caught my attention and that hadn’t happened in a long time. I am an Ejami fan and the are Ejole fans and there are just James Scott fans…he is a very loved character and I don’t care that J & M atre back or boring C & A…without James, Ej Dimera, I’m gone along with many other people that feel the same way I do. TPTB woould be fools if they let this talented actor go. He is their gold mine and they know it. They Will keep him…no doubt in my mind.

October 3, 2011 at 12:51 pm
(58) Julie says:

I love James Scott. He is an amazing, talented actor and loved by many. Days wouldnt be the same without him. I really hope they find a way to keep him. I’m afraid that if he leaves, alot of his fans will leave with him, and right now Days needs to keep all the fans they can. Besides that, Days without EJ Dimera would be just plain boring.

October 3, 2011 at 1:02 pm
(59) rose says:

days survive when bigger and better characters left the show will do just fine without him
ej feature 24/7 people need break from him anyway

October 3, 2011 at 1:14 pm
(60) Daysfanforever says:

Days survived without Mr. Scott for 40 years and did much better then than the 5 years they have featured the air hog that is James. I’m sick of the character of EJ and I can certainly use a rest from him.

October 3, 2011 at 1:51 pm
(61) Lois says:

To be totally honest, James Scott is the only reason I watch DAYS. He has been a *master* at taking whatever they throw at him and spinning it into GOLD. That doesn’t just happen, people! James works very hard at his craft.

I’ve been hanging in there with him – through the horrific writing of the past year – hoping that the reset and new writers would give EJ and EJAMI some great story lines.

JS and AS simply *shine* in scenes together whether they’re friends, lovers or enemies. They are by far the most interesting twosome on the show.

In spite of what others have said, I truly believe DAYS will sink if they lose James.

October 3, 2011 at 2:14 pm
(62) Mary says:

If James leaves, Days of our Lives will not survive. I truly believe that. But you haters on here go ahead and wish for him to leave. If he decides to go then I guess only time will tell who’s right. I for one will quit watching.

October 3, 2011 at 2:16 pm
(63) Sandi says:

Days really should think twice about letting James Scott go….he’s part of the future of Days…the vets are only going to be there for so long….EJ is part of the younger generation in Salem….Stefano is getting old, and a villian, with a heart is needed, and that fits EJ perfectly.

October 3, 2011 at 2:22 pm
(64) Sarah says:

Love James Scott, best actor on daytime! Days needs to keep a hold of him.

October 3, 2011 at 2:23 pm
(65) Happy says:

I don’t know if one can be considered a fan of Days of Our LIves if they claim that they will stop watching if their favorite is no longer on the show. It sounds like they are just a fan of an actor and can therefore follow that actor to other projects.

I do feel that a character can be overused and unrealistic (like a vilian not paying for their crimes) and can cause viewers to stop tuning in. That’s waht happened to me. EJ could have been a good vilian if he would have had to pay. I want to see the good guy win everyonec in a while. So, if EJ does leave town for a while for a well needed rest and the writers find vilians that I can hate and they can pay I might consider returning to watching the show. I’ll wait aznd see how this all plays out.

October 3, 2011 at 2:29 pm
(66) doofanjill says:

James Scott is the main reason I watch the show! If he were to go, so would my viewership. I’m hanging on by a thread, hoping for Ejami to get the romance they deserve. James is a twice nominated, leading actor, who has taken crap writing and made it not only watchable, but riveting. Even those who don’t like the character have to agree that he is a fantastic actor and Days should do all they can to keep him!

October 3, 2011 at 2:33 pm
(67) Christine says:

EJ Dimera is one of the most compelling characters in the history of DOOL. Granted the writing for EJ over the last few years has been inconsistent but James Scott is so talented that he’s managed to elevate the character beyond the ordinary. Those in charge at Days will be demonstrating very poor judgement if they do not renew his contract and give him a great story.

October 3, 2011 at 2:42 pm
(68) Tay says:

James Scott is one of the reasons why I NO LONGER watch this show. I had my fill of the character from 2006-2009 and I can’t stand him anymore. IF he leaves I’ll be back watching Days for sure. I even tuned into the reboot last week and had to roll my eyes at the announcement he made on Thursday. I can’t take his character.

October 3, 2011 at 3:18 pm
(69) DD says:

I really hope that DOOL and James can come to an agreement on his contract. I truly don’t think this is about money…maybe the writing of his character, which has been horrendous since September 2010…but he has still taken that lousy writing and spun it into a second Emmy nomination. How many daytime actors under the age of 40 on this show can say that? This speaks volumes for the talent his man brings.

For the naysayers that talk about resting the EJ character for 6 months because he has had “so much airtime” since being on the show 2006 – 2011, do you remember what happened when the show put EJ into a coma September 2010 after the near fatal shooting by Sami? The ratings dropped tremendously.

Then there are those who talk about EJ being the villain that never pays for his crimes? Hmmm, have we forgotten that Sami shot him in the head “at point blank range”, told her son who decided to cover up the crime to “protect” his mother and then married Rafe in order to “prevent him from having to testify” against her? And almost the entire town knows she is an attempted murderess including the Salem PD.

Can we go back to Sami switching the bloodtest and then kidnapping her sister Belle to sell her on the black market, illegally steals drugs from the hospital and rapes Austin, changing tests results to show Will was Austin’s son and not Lucas’, dresses up as a man named Stan and works for Tony Dimera doing all kinds of evil things, doesn’t tell EJ she’s pregnant until the child known as Grace dies?

Has Sami paid for any of these crimes/misdeeds as yet? Of course not, but EJ is evil personified huh? Pot/kettle anyone???

October 3, 2011 at 3:33 pm
(70) Dawn says:

I barely watch now, thinking of E.J. and Nicole’s renewed relationship. So if, James Scott is gone….. Days is definitely over for me.

October 3, 2011 at 3:50 pm
(71) LEIGH says:

Glad to see him go. I never could stand him anyway! Bye EJ, YaY

October 3, 2011 at 3:51 pm
(72) Michelle says:

I actually stopped watching when I realized the show was going to continue to be the EJ Show, and cease to be Days of Our Lives. If he leaves/is let go, I will happily come back to watching daily again, because really the only thing that has held me back from returning for the re-set was the continuance of his place on the show. I’m sure James as a person is fine, but as an actor he is overrated, and his character has had a major hand in the ruination of a once great show. I REALLY hope he is a goner.

October 3, 2011 at 3:54 pm
(73) Days Fan says:

I hope DAYS has finally seen the light and realized they were foolish to believe the false hype surrounding EJ/James Scott. He is NOT the end-all-be-all, in fact, quite the opposite. It’s time to reclaim Days of Our Lives, and say buh-bye to EJ Dimera. Worst soras EVER.

October 3, 2011 at 3:57 pm
(74) TJ Ella says:

EJ’s character is one of the reasons I stopped watching Days. His character is plain evil and he never once paid for his crimes. A father who would kick a kid to the curb and then pretend a child’s kidnapping is beyond someone I want to see on the show. And I won’t go there with murder, extortion and rape.

The character has been front burner the last couple of years and where are the ratings, hmmm in the toilet. Now I won’t blame it all on the character, but enough Days-GIVE EJ A REST.

October 3, 2011 at 3:59 pm
(75) Adrienne says:

omg! i love EJ! he is an excellent actor and so easy on the eyes! i love love love him!
please please stay!!!!!!!!

love u! :)

October 3, 2011 at 4:04 pm
(76) tee says:

I say let him leave. Get rid of him. Bring back more of the older characters like, Shane, Kim, Steve, Carly. So glad that some of the older character are back! Go back to the old way of writing. Days was on long before James Scott showed up and I bet it will continue without him. I would love to see all the Dimera’s good. I would love to see more Doug, Julie, Maggie, Victor, Sami, Rafe, Marlene, John. Why do we need all of the Dimera evil.

October 3, 2011 at 4:17 pm
(77) Carly says:

James Scott is the reason I started watching Days!!! Once I started watching, I quickly became a fan of the EJ and Sami pairing/storyline. I have grown to like some of the vets mentioned but, if James Scott is no longer on the show then I will have no reason to watch. Hopefully those in charge at DAYS realize a good thing when they have it — James Scott as EJ!!! Please keep James Scott.

October 3, 2011 at 4:54 pm
(78) Ruth says:

So glad to hear that James Scott may leave. I have watched
Days since 1970 and I do not like him – he mumbles and is not as great as many of the other actors. Good riddance!

October 3, 2011 at 5:02 pm
(79) maureen says:

I love James Scott as EJ. I have stopped dvring the show until he is back with Sami..so I hope he stays. Regarding what people are posting about his renegotiating for more money. Well, yes the economy is bad and many people are out of work. But, if he was at a law firm, university, department store, internet company, etc, and his contract was up for renewal, no one would blame him for asking for a raise. This is America and that is how business works. So I do not fault him for asking for a raise…if that is the case…also…daytime actors really do not make that muc…at least compared to night time….no 6 figure salaries….unless you are in the Susan Lucci group…and really who is? Why do you think Alison Sweeney is on 2 shows & writing books?

October 3, 2011 at 5:05 pm
(80) Cassie says:

I am glad to see JS go. His so called fans have been very vocal about not watching if they don’t get Ejami–and Ejami is not going to be together–so why not sent JS on his way. If his own fans refuse to watch him, don’t punish the rest of us by having him on our show. I watch the show because I love the show–not for just one particular character that has to be with in one particular pairing or else I will just leave. His fans have showed how fickle they are–now they pay the price for it. So be it.

October 3, 2011 at 5:06 pm
(81) Paul says:

Good! Give E.j. his deserved life sentence for all his crimes and lock that crook away forever. Scott is s mushmouth and swallows half of his lines. Good riddnace!

October 3, 2011 at 5:13 pm
(82) camilla says:

James Scott is the only reason I watching Days!

October 3, 2011 at 5:47 pm
(83) Jorgeann says:

Why are people hating on James Scott and his character EJ DiMera? They are both victims of crappy writing by Dena Higley, Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell. Let’s not forget Ken Corday was standing in the background and allowing the assasination of one of the greatest characters that has been on this show. James has brilliantly delivered on the junk that was scripted for him. RESET WITHOUT EJ WILL NOT WORK. The idea of bringing back Quinn as a reformed villian will not work. As a priority, the writers need to work on repairing the damage that was done to EJ. To the people who think we are not fans of Days Our of Lives if we stop watching…JAMES SCOTT IS THE ONE WHO WE WANT TO WATCH AND KEEP DURING THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES. As an EJami fan, we have been denied a reunion of our favorite couple. It is hard to watch Sami paired with Rafe. To have No EJ on canvas would be devestating not only to EJami fans, but EJole fans as well. Will TPTB blantantly give the finger to two fan bases? I have met Mr. Scott and he is as genuine and caring to his fans as he is to his character, EJ DiMera. DAYS NEEDS EJ. A syrupy and “romantic” soap doesn’t work..EVERY SOAP NEEDS VILLIANS..EJ is unique because he can be good or bad. All the writers have to do is give James the right material and watch him give another Emmy worthy performance…This viewer wants James Scott to remain!!

October 3, 2011 at 6:04 pm
(84) Jane says:

Oh please let this be true. The character turns my stomach and the dude has waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much air time! Buh-bye! I may actually get to watch more of the show instead of just deleting every time I see him.

October 3, 2011 at 6:30 pm
(85) Maiesha says:

I, along with THOUSANDS of other fans and supporters, will STOP WATCHING DAYS if James leaves the show. Whethere people want to admit it ornot, it’s HIS storylines that have kept people watching!! Yourhatred of EJ Dimera and want for him to never succeed is one of the main reasons you keep coming back. If there was no EJ, no Stfano, no Kate, and no drama, who would watch the show? NOONE!!

October 3, 2011 at 6:46 pm
(86) Mary says:

Replace him. You can find a dozen tall Brits who could do the job. It was done before, can be done now. And, at the same time, get Dr. Jonas. He threw Cloe under the bus when she was mentally ill. He deserves to be hurt, bad.

October 3, 2011 at 6:47 pm
(87) Barbara says:

Id much rather watch EJ/ Sami interact, whether as friends, lovers, enemies, or just parents, than John & Marlena or Carrie & Austin. Days needs to move forward, not back to the old days. John & Malena are so unrealistic & Carrie & Austin are just annoying & boring! JS has made EJ riveting as he vascilates between being good vs evil.

October 3, 2011 at 6:52 pm
(88) Susan says:

James Scott is by far the MOST professional and fantastic that has been on DOOL for MANY years. HE has been the only lead actor whom has had 2 Emmy nominations with the crap writing for the past 2 years. HE does not bash, bullying or talk negatively about ANY other fan base on DOOL.

IMHO if he leaves DOOL WILL face cancellation. Sorry I love the vets and all and have watched the show for over 25 years BUT James is the reason I am still watching. If he had not come on I would have left years ago.

His acting and commitment to the acting profession is a breath of fresh air that DOOL needs. He is compassionate and an absolute gentleman when meeting him. Other actors on this show should take lessons from him about being a TEAM player!

October 3, 2011 at 7:06 pm
(89) Dorie says:

As much as he makes me hate him I also love him too, it would be a shame to see him leave the show. He brings new blood to the Dimera name and stories that had gotten old from returning from the ashes, Stepheno. Don’t get me wrong, he too is needed, I just wish once he would show some decency when it comes to the circle of Horton, Dimera, and Kiriackas’s and come to some kind of truce again for the younger ones sakes.

Love the show keep up the good work, don’t change to much, bring back as many as possible from original cast. Can’t survive without “DAYS OF OUR LIVES”

October 3, 2011 at 7:50 pm
(90) kamatt says:

E.J. is such a good actor,hansom,and adds so much drama to the show!I LOVE to hate him!The show just wont be the same if he leaves!I hope they work out something where everybody is happy!

October 3, 2011 at 9:03 pm
(91) Tish says:

First, thank you for this story.

James Scott is one of the best actors Days of Our Lives has. I hope the show will do everything they can to hold onto him. I sincerely hope Days doesn’t let an actor as talented as James get away. To let James get away would be a huge mistake. James Scott is the only reason I kept watching for the last two years.

October 3, 2011 at 9:16 pm
(92) Debra says:

James is easily the best actor that Days has under contract, not to mention the most charismatic. I believe that any actor is expendable, but the void James’ absence would leave in Salem would be tough to fill.

October 3, 2011 at 9:20 pm
(93) Ruth says:

I agree with you Janet. I couldn’t imagine Days without James Scott either. He brings so much to the plate and has shown that he can shed and build the many layers that make EJ DiMera. Days would be amiss to let his talent go!

October 3, 2011 at 10:36 pm
(94) Mimi says:

James Scott is not only the most handsome man on soap operas today, but he is by far one of the best actors. What charisma!!!

October 3, 2011 at 10:41 pm
(95) DJ says:

To those that don’t watch the show anymore – why the hell do you care? Why follow the gossip if you no longer have an emotional investment in the show?

When Alison Sweeney was in contract negotiations, by the way, where were all the nasty messages about being greedy? EJ wasn’t in the forefront this past year on his own. He had plenty of help from Sami, Rafe and Nicole. It’s all agenda-driven. Trying to get the romantic pairing you want at the expense of someone’s job is selfish and hateful.

James Scott is the most talented actor on the show. John and his eyebrow were fun back in the day, but in contemporary soap land, the eyebrow arches and head tilts are corny and dated. Now it mostly just looks like he suffers from sight and hearing impairments.

As for the money thing, what the hell business is it of anyone else’s? If James Scott wants more money, a better storyline, whatever, why would you care? Who goes into a work review or contract negotiation where an opportunity arises to get a raise or more of a say in their job responsibilities, and under-sells themselves? Who turns down a chance to get a raise, no matter how little or how much money they’re already making?

Soap actors aren’t like Hollywood actors. Soap actors aren’t attending glamorous movie premieres and posing on the red carpet. Soap actors are attending book signings and fan events. They’re travelling back and forth across the country, selling someone else’s wares. Nevermind all the behind-the-scenes, after-hours work they have to do memorizing and working through scripts, or all the studio work during the day. When the writing is terrible, they still have to sell it. Hollywood actors can at least pick and choose what they do. If they think something is awful, they can refuse the work. Soap actors have to take what they’re given. If a story is crap, they have to stick through it.

I say give James Scott whatever he wants. He’s earned it.

October 3, 2011 at 11:07 pm
(96) cadence* says:

I have to disagree with the comments above stating EJ hasnít paid for his crimes. He has paid over and over again. He has suffered enormous emotional and physical pain many times. To say he has not paid is simply false. EJ has paid and James has played EJís many comeuppances brilliantly. He is truly talented and a real asset to Days of Our Lives. I would be heartbroken if he left the show. Perhaps it is immature to quit a soap youíve watched for over 15 years because of one actorís departure but thatís where I am in my Days fandom. Horrid writing, cheap sets and multiple insulting interviews from Ken Corday have killed my faith in this show. I hang on for James Scott. I tune in to watch EJ DiMera whether heís cooking up some crazy scheme, spending time with his children or romancing his current love interest. James makes EJ worth watching and for me he makes Days worth watching. I wonít watch without him. Iím not naive enough to think any actorís departure will effect the ratings a great deal but what Days needs now is stability. Scott has been Salemís leading man for years. He does a fantastic job and he deserves a new contract. I urge Days to re-sign James Scott!

October 3, 2011 at 11:12 pm
(97) R.J. says:

James Scott lights up the screen with the depth of his acting. I and many others I know watch the show because of James’ incredible performances. Without James, DOOL would lose many viewers.

October 3, 2011 at 11:31 pm
(98) linda burzynski says:

E.J. is a major part of the Days of Our Lives family. I have been watching since the beginning of Days, and every now and then, a handsome, good actor comes along who can play numerous emotions. That is E.J. He is very believable in his acting. Days should negotiate and negotiate hard to keep him.

October 3, 2011 at 11:39 pm
(99) Lauren says:

Letting James go would be a huge mistake. The only people who really seem to want him gone are the haters who can’t seem to tell between reality and fiction.

And while the numbers may not have been high during his storylines it was all due to the crappy writing. You cannot blame one actor or character for ratings failure. If the show needs more money then for once fire an actor who can’t act. Stop throwing talent away in fear that they may outshine KC’s favorites. You will only continue to lose more viewers.

October 4, 2011 at 1:56 am
(100) chelsea says:

James is the only reason i watch days… i used to casually once in a while watch days and then 2006 onwards i became dedicated because of james ! he is by far best male actor dool has! It’s simple no james= no days
think about how much ej undergoes as a character – james can turn crap writing into something amazing and intriguing. if he leaves days it will be the end of me watching dool forever and that is a fact.

October 4, 2011 at 3:14 am
(101) stacie says:

I have been watching days for all my life. I watched as Bell, Zach and ciara was born and I love all the cast members. I hope the show is never cancelled the actors are part of my daily routine and without them I would be a little lost. sad to see chloe go and hope she returnes.

October 4, 2011 at 12:56 pm
(102) Tadra says:

Look, Days needs a DiMera villain. Tony, is the “good” DiMera (and I would love love love to have him return to Salem!). EJ is needed to step into his father’s footsteps. JS cannot leave DOOL. EJ is needed to keep the DiMera family’s evilness in the forefront. Stefano, is of course the ultimate face of the DiMeras, but he cannot always be the one masterminding everything. I’ve been a fan of DOOL since the late 1970s. (I remember Tony, and Renee, and the Salem Strangler storyline of the early 1980s). So I’ve been with Days for a long, long time. But with soap operas dying off left and right and such few remaining, does DOOL really want to chance a slew of viewers leaving in droves if they don’t negotiate JS’s contract properly and keep him on the show?

October 4, 2011 at 6:54 pm
(103) Kiki says:

I really don’t care if he leaves. I don’t tune in specifically for him.

October 4, 2011 at 6:55 pm
(104) Dana says:

A nice long break from EJ just may be what the doctor ordered. He yells too much.

October 4, 2011 at 6:57 pm
(105) KClovesDays says:

I actually think the show needs Dimeras but I’d rather have Tony back. Never liked EJ, don’t know why characters like Tony were let go to keep Junior.

October 4, 2011 at 7:00 pm
(106) Crystal says:

If EJ was gone from Salem I wouldn’t miss him. If he does leave I think lots of people would tune in for a whodunnit murder mystery. Of course don’t bring him back from the dead. That’s only for Stefano. LOL

October 4, 2011 at 7:02 pm
(107) Adelle says:

I can only watch EJ when he’s in scenes with Nicole, but otherwise I don’t care for him or the actor’s acting. JMO

October 4, 2011 at 7:13 pm
(108) Kay says:

EJ was one of those baddies that Days used to punish and then they were never seen again, but then Days made a stupid move and didn’t punish him for his crimes but rather awarded him with children (who he doesn’t care about) and now he’s running for Mayor and still not paying for his crimes. That’s why I don’t like EJ. He never paid for his crimes and he continues to destroy characters I love like Sami and almost destroyed Nicole. I really think he’s outstayed his welcome. Bring on a new baddie. You can do it Days.. You won’t see a hit, trust me.

October 4, 2011 at 7:58 pm
(109) Gail says:

James Scott is NOT that great an actor. Believe me his ‘overacting’ is laughable. Just because he has devoted fans doesn’t mean he’s not replaceable, he is. Or let the character die a slow agonizing death, EJ deserves it. As far as the storyline with the Dimeras i say let Chad take over he’s much sexier and a way better actor. Sorry but don’t let the door hit you in the bum, bum.

October 4, 2011 at 9:17 pm
(110) Cindy says:

This Days watcher is not holding a torch for EJ…he didn’t make Days and he won’t break Days.

October 4, 2011 at 9:28 pm
(111) Lee says:

I am a long time days watcher and have enjoyed the show over the years but Ej was the reason i stopped watching for awhile. I for one will not miss him , all i got to say is Don’t let the door hit you in the A$$ on your way out.

October 4, 2011 at 10:30 pm
(112) pinky.ring says:

I can not believe that whoever is in charge would even consider not re-signing James Scott. I have been a looooonnnnngggggg time viewer of this show, (since Bo and Hope started together) and have suffered through so many weird and wonderful stories, but never EVER have I been so captivated by a s/l as with EJ and Sami! I LOVE them, and I am anxiously waiting for a love story for EJ and Sami! Hurry up and sign James Scott! I’m with the majority here! James and EJ make for MUST SEE TV!!

October 4, 2011 at 10:36 pm
(113) JBP says:

Hate to break the news to you but the majority isn’t to keep JS it’s to open the door for him when he leaves.

I’ve been watching since Doug and Julie first met so i have a very long history with the show. EJ has been forced down our throats for far too long. Please James do us all a favor and go play nice in the UK and do off broadway or something.

October 4, 2011 at 10:45 pm
(114) Helga/Q says:

I have been watching Days since before my birth. My mother was a life long fan. Days has always been my mothers soap!
I love Days and I always have-however when James came on the scene it became my Soap.
EJ DiMera is my favorite Character!!! To the point that I named my son EJ, please Days don’t let such an amazing actor and compelling character go!!!!!

October 5, 2011 at 9:31 am
(115) Kathy says:

JS doesnít make the show…Since he first came on the ratings have been terrible, in 08 they were thinking of canceling the show, so what does that tell you! They should have stuck to there original plan and killed him off in the first 6 months he was on. He is not a great actor; anyone can yell and scream all the time. He is the most over-rated and non-talented actor DAYS has right now. He has been forced fed to the viewers by being on my screen everyday, he is like fingernails on a chalkboard I canít listen or watch him for one more minute so I leave the room until he is gone. So take a hint JS leave the show (you will be doing DAYS a favor) and move to Australia and start your photo gallery!

October 5, 2011 at 10:12 am
(116) TeenViewer says:

My mom watches DOOL i watch with her on Soap Net. I don’t like EJ at all either does mom. I started watching around the time when EJ raped Sammi and have never liked him since. Now he’s running for Major? Both my mom and i agree on this that no matter how much they try to fit EJ into a story good or bad he’ll never be forgiven for that.

I really don’t care if he leaves. I’m over him.

October 6, 2011 at 11:54 am
(117) Sandi says:

i happen to fully agree with opinion below. i do a lot of fast forwarding when he’s on the screen.

best news I have seen sence 2006.

October 24, 2011 at 2:03 am
(118) Feisty says:

I think EVERY comment that is negative and followed closely by three negative comments..IS THE SAME POSTER. GET A LIFE, you fricken loser!! It’s so CRYSTALINE CLEAR that you’re the same person! Gods, how pathetic are you?

March 30, 2012 at 2:23 pm
(119) Veronica says:

I have watched the show for years with Sami who is the Mistress of Self- Sabotage as she continues to blame everyone (including EJ) for her same mistakes. Every time Mr. Corday lets someone go, I tend to stop watching the show because the story lines unravel toward endings that are far too predictable. It amazes me how much I miss Tony now and I wish that I would have appreciated the talent of his actor more when he was on the show.

I have a feeling that if Mr. Scott would have been cast to play a character who is more like St. Rafe, we wouldn’t be writing the hurtful things to him given the level of his talent. Should Mr. Scott leave the show, I will happily follow him out the door and hold it open for any other phenomenal talent that wishes to join him in moving toward a superior program!

May 31, 2012 at 7:49 pm
(120) free number reverse says:

You have to be very astute at research and writing.
This shows up in your original and unique content. I agree with your primary
points on this topic. This content should be seen by more readers.

June 24, 2012 at 5:47 pm
(121) Lizzie says:

I’ve been a huge fan of DOOL because of “Stefano DiMera” and
“EJ DiMera” – two terrific actors and always enjoyable to watch
on screen — well, you’ve lost Stefano – shouldn’t have let that
happen – I think the guy had many more years to give to the role…
But please wake up…. the largest majority of the show’s fanbase
belongs to “EJ” (J. Scott) —- if you let him slip out of your hands,
you will probably no longer have a show —- The guy is so
classy – a terrific performance every time he’s on the screen -
a heart throb who is such a pleasure just to watch walk across
the screen — and if you get him back with Nicole, I’d say you
have a winning show again…. (PLEASE no Sami with EJ) —
He belongs with Nicole!

June 27, 2012 at 2:03 pm
(122) erica says:

EJ is one of the most hottest guys ever seen on days!!! He can’t leave he is the reason I’m still watching it after ll the crazy wriitting over the last 6 years.

June 29, 2012 at 5:16 am
(123) Pat says:

The best looking man on tv and even better with Sami , who is a perfect match for him both are very broken people who fix each other.

July 18, 2012 at 9:18 pm
(124) terri says:

OMG… Don’t let him leave, he’s the hottest guy on the show!
Let john,marlena,hope,bo,carrie,ect….all go before you let him leave.

July 19, 2012 at 10:28 pm
(125) xenobia says:

EJ is the hottest guy on daytime TV!!!! If you ever let him go, I’m done watching! He makes my day every time I see his face :)

July 26, 2012 at 2:36 am
(126) angelina mcdonald says:

Im just hoping and wishing that him and sami reunite again i love them both i and my husband watch every night when we get home from work ive been watching the show since i was in dipers so my husband always ask me whats gonna happen next im almost right every time he loves it so im hoping to be right on samanther and ej so james i hope u stay for many years to come your a great fit for Ej :)

August 6, 2012 at 11:13 pm
(127) LAHMASA says:

i KNOW THERE ARE MANY ACTORS TO PICK FROM —

but WHY TRY TO REPLACE PERFECTION. PAY JAMES SCOTT, HE IS DEFINITELY WORTH WHAT IT TAKES TO KEEP HIM IGNITING THIS SHOW.

MELONY, CHLOE ARE ALSO BIG TIME MISTAKES TO LET GO.

August 10, 2012 at 9:53 am
(128) MaryAnn Borzomati says:

NO NO NO – Scott must never leave and grow old with Days of our Lives UNLESS something comes along for him that makes him a millionaire! otherwise NO DO NOT LET HIM GO! without him the show will be boring, and let us not forget he brings so much to the show – he is the sexiest man on the show and is so real when he acts with anyone on the show – he is sharp, good looking, handsome and very very sexy! wish i was not 69 years old – lived in santa monica 28 ago when i was his age and i certainly would have given him a run for his life. WOW ! BEEN WATCHING DAYS SINCE YOU STARTED AND I CAN TELL YOU HE GOES I GO he is the only one who brings life to the show and if your writers were my age you would understand what keeps DAYS OF OUR LIVES ON THE AIR – ACTORS LIKE SCOTT!

August 10, 2012 at 10:21 am
(129) MaryAnn Borzomati says:

ABSOLUTELY NO! SCOTT SHOULD NEVER GO! He is the only actor on that show that keeps viewers alive! He is pure sex, extremely handsome, and a fantastic savvy smooth actor. You let him go he will be grabbed by another network and he will have followers, you can count on that one! I have watched days (69 yrs old) since the first show and let me tell you with out Scott you have no show. You need more characters like him, however no one will ever be like him. His acting is surperb and he is dynamite, but more important when he acts he is very confident and absolutely the real life of all british and scottish people. He without a doubt should grow old with DAYS and as the younger ones come in make him the NEW STEFANO or VICTOR !!!!!!!!! You work out whatever he wants in his contract because i can tell you without him i will finally end my days of watching DAYS! Scott you are the best if you read this – if only i was younger and still living in Santa Monica as i did for 28 years – oh man i would be your fan club marketing manager! Love you Scott xo Maryann

August 18, 2012 at 1:40 am
(130) Mary Mells says:

Yea It’s Very Sad EJ …IF ??? He goes I really feel he is good on the show..and those one comments on James Scott against him come’on people get a life James Scott is Way Hot!!! and not a Bad Actor he shows true emotions on that beautiful face..I agree with Mary Ann–.James you really shouldn’t go…Come On’ writer’s what are you thinking??? come to an agreement and keep one of your Best 8 actors on the show THERE !!! I’m sure you can figure it out– so your dedicated viewer’s will still want to watch Day’s.. James Scott is Fantastic—- HE BELONG”S THERE !!! Mary Mells

August 29, 2012 at 5:56 pm
(131) Cara says:

Love James Scott. He’s my favorite part of the show!

September 18, 2012 at 10:06 am
(132) Jeanie says:

No, no, no EJ can’t leave the show, I race home from work everyday just to watch him and see what mischief he will get up to and with whom. Would love to see him and Nicole (not Samantha) really get involved in a relationship. Or bring back the old Taylor (Natalia Livingstone) now THEY really had chemistry together!

September 18, 2012 at 10:17 am
(133) Carol G says:

I think James Scott (EJ) on Days of Our Lives would be the perfect fit to play the lead role in the Hot Summer Books Series of “Fifty Shades of Grey” (Christian Grey) When they decide to make a movie from the series.

September 26, 2012 at 7:32 pm
(134) Rebecca says:

EJ taking a hiatis to play Christian Grey would be the only acception. His is the face I saw as he helped Ana up off the floor in the first chapters, his hair and eyes could be adjusted.

October 8, 2012 at 10:23 pm
(135) kfaye says:

James Scott’s acting is on par or above that of Patrick McGoohan. Like Mr. McGoohan, especially in his role as The Prisoner, Mr. Scott makes even mundane actions, such as turning a door knob, full of import and thought. He is subtle, yet clearly communicating the character.

October 31, 2012 at 4:33 pm
(136) Sara says:

James Scott would make the perfect ” Christian Grey” 50 Shades of Grey character ..

December 10, 2012 at 6:27 am
(137) Lynnet says:

having loved Days since 1994 though he was not on it at that time , I have say until EJ came on the scene I was watching it less and less and now the only reason I actually follow it is for this character , I guess I might continue watching it if he left but the fire would have definitely gone out of Days for me and I hope they can come to some agreement, they would be really stupid to lose this actor!

December 28, 2012 at 8:57 pm
(138) Geri says:

OMG! He can’t leave! I love the show! I have been watching for almost 30 yrs. BIG mistake if they let him go!

January 11, 2013 at 3:38 pm
(139) Mitzi says:

NO, NO, Please don’t go. You have to stay and get married to Sammy and enjoy more children. Show us how nice a DiMera can be; you two were meant to be.

February 3, 2013 at 1:19 am
(140) cindy says:

No way these people are nuts if EJ leaves I will not watch the show he is the only reason I watch

February 14, 2013 at 9:53 pm
(141) Ann says:

IF EJ LEAVE THE SHOW I HOPE HE TAKE SAMI AND THE KIDS WITH HIM, AND MARRY SAMI IN REAL LIFE

June 11, 2013 at 4:24 pm
(142) tammy smith says:

I love ej if he leaves days of our lives I won’t watch it anymore best looking guy

June 16, 2013 at 10:55 pm
(143) Maryann says:

scott DO NOT LEAVE
You are the show! too savvy a man to leave cause let me tell you you are it – been watching days since it started and now 70 after i am gone from this earth i want you to still keep going and become TOP dog on DAYS
you are the best maryann

July 30, 2013 at 2:22 pm
(144) Maureen says:

I just love EJ. Don’t ever leave

August 26, 2013 at 10:02 pm
(145) Sloane ranger says:

Listen to another Brit here…James Scott is ripe for James Bond.
He would be a marvellous James Bond. He would be faaaar better than Sean Connery and along the lines of Roger Moore, who was my favourite Bond. I have been trying to find out who his AGENT is for years now I feel so strongly about this role for him but somehow his manager/agent is not publicized……SOMEONE GET THIS TO HIS AGENT.

January 24, 2014 at 6:44 pm
(146) In love with EJ says:

Ej DiMera (James Scott) is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! He has got to be one of the most handsome and sexiest men ever to appear on anyone’s TV. I hope the Day’s of Our Lives drama continues on forever just so I can see him in action.

January 29, 2014 at 9:34 pm
(147) chrissy says:

one sexy hunk and and incredible actor…if he ever left i wouldn’t watch it either anymore..

February 19, 2014 at 5:07 pm
(148) C.R.N. says:

Most of you people are a bunch of rude jerks. You are all just very pathetically jealous that you don’t have what James Scott has…looks, charizma,TALENT and people please, its just a t.v. show, it isn’t real, just a job and its his, so get over it!