1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Peter Reckellís Take on Lisa Rinnaís Return to Days of Our Lives

By December 12, 2011

Peter ReckellIt's official. The Hollywood Reporter confirms that Lisa Rinna is coming back to Days of Our Lives as Billie Reed on March 8, and Peter Reckell (Bo) is intrigued.

"Any kind of [story]..." muses Reckell, anticipating that Billie will have interaction with her ex. "It will be very interesting."

NBC officials have confirmed that Rinna will share "explosive" scenes with her TV mom, Lauren Koslow (Kate), and Reckell. Exactly how those scenes will impact the plot, however, remains to be seen.

"The Carly coming back [plot] wasn't handled very well," notes Reckell, referring to the character's intrusion in the Bo/Hope story. "Now [the writers] have had experience dealing with that. I think they'll handle this in a way that will be interesting to play."

Rinna's return to the show brings up another question: Could Rachel Melvin be following as Bo and Billie's daughter, Chelsea?

"I hope so," says Reckell, who keeps in touch with Melvin via occasional Twitter tweets. "The show is about family stuff - the Bradys, the Hortons... They were a very powerful part of the Brady family."

Rinna, who played Billie from 1992 to 1995 and returned to Days for a 6-month stint in 2002, told The Hollywood Reporter she was "thrilled to be back and excited to be acting again." You can read the full story, here.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

December 13, 2011 at 8:28 am
(1) Mae says:

Let’s hope Bo can keep it in his pants and his lips to himself when Billie is back…maybe even let Billie and Hope be friends since Hope was so welcoming of Chelsea when she arrived…let’s all be grown ups this time

December 14, 2011 at 5:54 am
(2) Ivan says:

I guess this means Bo and Hope will be broken up soon by Billie? The writers sux at Carlys big return they better do better with Billie.

December 15, 2011 at 3:38 pm
(3) Debbie says:

A long time ago I heard a rumor that Zac is sill alive and Stefano again had his hands in the pot. Regarding the Alice Horton and Stefano Dimera time is Maggie EJ’s Mother and Stefano his father or is Victor his father.

December 19, 2011 at 4:30 pm
(4) DLEE says:

Like Lisa………Billie not so much. If we go through the Billie/Bo/Hope triangle again, I’m done. There are so many surprises and dramas life can throw at you without it being conjugal. I hope the writers finally realize this, and look for
some plot based stories, rather than the same old , same old. And, LEAVE Bo andhope alone. If she’s gotta hook up, how about the odd man out in the Jack/Jennifer/Daniel snoozefest? While Jen and Daniel are visually attractive, I find them boring and almost whiny together. I loved Jack and Jen,
but since his return, Jen is very cold/mean to him and the writers don’t seem to have his character right. Please work on it – Jack was a great charcater!!!

December 19, 2011 at 5:00 pm
(5) Shelley says:

Just what DAYS needs!!!!! We finally got rid of Chrystal Chapell and now this! Another character for me to fast forward through!!!!!

The new writers promised us a NEW DAYS! I’m still waiting. As a life long vet of DAYS, I’m really dissappointed!!! Lisa RInna is the last thing DAYS needs. You let the oh so beautiful and talented Nadia, go and this is what you bring in!!!!!!!

Pleae do something to get it right. So far, the only really good storyline is the one about Alice. Maybe you all should try and listen a little more to what the fans have to say.

What we need are some fresh ideas, not Lisa Rinna back!

We have a chance to recapture some of the audience lost through the years, by the loss of two ABC soaps.

So far I’m really dissappointed in the new writers efforts! Is your idea of romance and family values really the new storyline with Will????

I ‘ve been a fan for 45 years and counting. I pray that “DAYS doesn’t become the next in line to fall!!!!

Brokenhearted!!!

December 20, 2011 at 7:06 am
(6) Emma Jo Rust says:

I hope they bring Nadia back and her parents!

January 15, 2012 at 6:27 pm
(7) LittleMo says:

PLEASE GOD bring back Chelsea and reunite her with Daniel!! They were the best couple to come along since Doug and Julie and breaking them up in the first place was so dumb. Jennifer’s story is with Jack anyway and she belongs with him, just as Daniel will ever belong to anyone but Chelsea.

May 28, 2013 at 11:07 am
(8) stacie says:

Lips way over done – looks like a cows hinder.

Just saw her on a LifeTime movie ‘sex, lies and obsessesion’ and goggled her to see more photo’s…..

January 13, 2014 at 11:27 pm
(9) garcina cambogia says:

Boil 1-2 glass of water containing half tablespoon
molasses (gud) and one tablespoon saunf, and boil it down to half.
Green tea differs from having undergone a minimal
amount of oxidation. Treatment of obesity complications
by medicinal plants: plants and diabetes, disorders of plants and cholesterol: Lagerstroemia
(Banaba).