1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Spoilers January 23 to 27

By January 21, 2012

Shawn ChristianMonday, January 23

After Bo and Hope confront Stefano, he agrees to open the safety deposit box.

Brady is angry, when Madison reveals Sami is working as a double agent and spying on Kate.

Chad accuses Kate of offering him a modeling gig to lure him back into the DiMera fold.

Will is flustered, when one of Sonny's friends assumes he's gay.

Hope has second thoughts, when Stefano suggests Alice had a reason for keeping a secret.

DVR Alert: Jennifer shares a passionate kiss with Daniel before he leaves town.

Tuesday, January 24

Bo and Hope wonder if the bank accounts Doug has been tracking have anything to do with Alice.

Jennifer and Abe conspire to set up EJ at the next debate.

Rafe and Sami butt heads, when she reveals she's working as a mole for Madison.

Tensions rise between Austin and Carrie, when their busy schedules make it difficult to set up a date night.

After Nicole bribes Will to keep her in the loop about EJ's orders, he reports back to EJ.

DVR Alert: Doug and Julie advise Hope to be wary of Stefano's attempt to get her to question herself.

Wednesday, January 25

Abigail enjoys a fun brunch with Austin.

Rafe and Carrie share a spontaneous hug, after the DA drops his case against one of their clients.

Gabi and Chad's first shoot for Countess Wilhelmina is a huge success.

Madison turns down Victor's offer to run Titan, abiding by her mystery caller's orders.

Marlena encourages Will to spend time with Sonny and his gay friends, if he likes them.

DVR Alert: Madison orders Sami to sabotage the Countess Wilhelmina publicity shots.

Thursday, January 26

Madison offers Abigail and Melanie a gig: posing as best friends for Mad World's young cosmetics line campaign.

John and Brady's new partnership is tested when they disagree on strategy to relaunch Basic Black.

Marlena takes Jack to a group therapy session with veterans to deal with his PTSD.

Quinn is intrigued by Madison's proposal, but wonders how Kate will react.

DVR Alert: Abigail and Melanie grapple with mending their friendship for the sake of a new career.

Friday, January 27

While preparing for Sydney's party, Rafe and Carrie share a dance that affects them both.

EJ orders Will to bring Sydney to the mansion for a party with him and Nicole.

Jennifer and Abe convince Lexie to bring Theo to the bash, hoping for an opportunity to swap EJ's debate questions with fakes.

EJ walks in on Abe, just as he finishing up the switcheroo.

Abigail freaks when Austin admits he still sees her as a little girl.

DVR Alert:
Stefano tells Bo and Hope the safety deposit box contains damaging secrets that he and Alice knew about each other's loved ones.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Trae Patton

Comments

January 22, 2012 at 4:49 pm
(1) DH says:

Honestly? SUPER angry about this whole Rafe and Carrie thing. Ever since I started watching it, it was with Rafe and Sami together and this makes me the most angry. I can’t stand Carrie to begin with, and I understand her history with Sami but the writers definitely didn’t need to dig it up and re play it. I mean, whyyyy? It makes me not even want to watch it any more.

January 23, 2012 at 11:20 am
(2) LISA says:

DH – I agree I hate the Rafe and Carrie story. The whole day that the heater was broken was so disgusting. The way they
were acting with the ice cubes and looking at each other was ridiculous. Drop this story line and give them something to do.

January 23, 2012 at 3:51 pm
(3) Anne says:

Enough of this Carrie/Rafe crap…you are going to lose
your following of watchers…I have seen Days since Day 1 and am ready to give it up….you should have left Marlena and John wherever they were…same old story with them…drive me crazy…if it doesn’t get any better than I will find something else to watch…

January 23, 2012 at 3:56 pm
(4) Regina says:

DROP THE CARRIE AND RAFE UPCOMING ROMANTIC ATTRACTION, NOT AT ALL INTERESTING.

January 23, 2012 at 6:13 pm
(5) Gigi says:

The Carrie/Rafe storyline must stop! Carrie & Austin need to go, the sooner the better. They really shouldn’t make Will gay because there are no younger men on the show for Abs, Mel and Gabi. It makes me laugh about how desperate they are making these young girls… like poor Abs would really be chasing after Austin!. Give me a break, Days! And the only one left for Mel and Gabi is Chad so they’ll have to fight over him for a few months or longer.
Change Will’s mind and send him back to Gabi! lol

January 23, 2012 at 7:40 pm
(6) Jane says:

I really don’t think TPTB at Days read or listen to what we all are posting and complaining about! I’m soooo tired of them rewriting history. Agree that Rafe and Carrie have NO appeal to majority of viewers. I really can’t think of one good storyline at present, DVR, DVR,DVR, DVRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

January 23, 2012 at 8:13 pm
(7) mona says:

i agree no carrie and rafe

January 23, 2012 at 8:17 pm
(8) Vicki in Monterey says:

Hey – PTB – it’s just plain implausable for Rafe to have any interest in Carrie as anything but a sister-in-law. His whole WORLD revolved(s) around Sami – and Austin and Abigail? C’mon, folks – let’s get real. Storyline is been there, done that, moved ON!

January 23, 2012 at 9:25 pm
(9) bodylady says:

I HATE the Rafe Carrie thing and if they keep it up I will stop watching and all my friends have said the same thing…Just stop this story line…its simply disgusting.

January 23, 2012 at 9:36 pm
(10) Okie Grandma says:

Thanks to (almost) all of you for voicing what i’ve been gritting my teeth over. NO RAFE AND CARRIE!! NO ABBY AND AUSTIN!!

Why have the writers brought back these old characters, and indeed, are still bringing back more!! Surely there isn’t that big a shortage of new young actors there in Hollywood!! How about some fresh new faces?? How about storylines that don’t play out like something a 3rd grader wrote??

Whatever happened to plain old everyday, exciting feelgood romances?
Whatever happened to good old mysterious, scary mysteries?
Whatever happened to writers who know how to write?

I just wonder if the writers, sponsers, etc. ever read or listen to the fans? Apparently not. It just seems to get dumber and dumber and dumber~~~~

P.S. I was sick a week or 2, missed out, – why the hell is Dr. Daniel leaving town? Still a lot of medical positions he could do besides surgery. Whose’s bright idea was that?????
Where’s he going? Is he coming back? Why isn’t it Jack leaving instead of Dr. Dan???

January 24, 2012 at 11:09 am
(11) Ali says:

I read that Daniel was leaving because the actor is filming a movie and he’ll be back. I just hope that Jen and Jack don’t get together in the meantime.

I agree with the others about Carrie/Rafe and Austin/Abby. Ugh! Please get these young girls some new hetersexual guys! There is a college there in town — there has to be some guys there!

I agree that all of the story lines are weak right now. Hope something new and interesting happens soon.

January 24, 2012 at 12:11 pm
(12) Jeffrey H says:

Hello all Days fans. I know how all of you feel about these stupid storylines that is ruining our show. I have said this twice already and I’ll say it again. Why don’t all of you join me in a class action suit against the show that my friend and i are going to file? Funny how all of you complain about the writing but then all you shot me down wice when I told all of about it. If all of would join me and my friend in this lawsuit, we THE VIEWERS could have more say of what goes on, how the storylines should go and who comes on and who should go in the cast. I’m sick and tired of the writing,acting and the staff just doing whatever they want and the hell with us viewers. So for the THIRD TIME, are all of you going to join in this class action suit and save our show before it goes the way of AMC and OLTL?

January 24, 2012 at 1:41 pm
(13) rondarose says:

I’m with everyone else on the Rafe/Carrie story line – stop it NOW. Why are they playing upset-the-fruit-basket with every couples’ relationships? I, too would like to see some fresh faces and get rid of the old. We’re hoping to keep DOL on the air but it’s not going to happen at this rate.

January 24, 2012 at 3:14 pm
(14) Maria says:

Sis on Marlena, she should place Will under therapy rather than to encourage him to this revolting behaviour.
Days is getting more and more disguisting, sick and twisted by the day…..nothing to learn or identify by, just a minipulating, sick lot of people.

My new year resolution is to stop watching in total and did succeed… I watched maybe once in 4 months in 2011….hoping the story will become uplifting …but yeak….it is so twisted it actually insults a human brain with a zero IQ not to mention the higher IQ.

Thanks for years of nothing and wasted time infront of the TV.

January 24, 2012 at 3:32 pm
(15) sandy says:

WELL the excuse was put out today for lexie to have her stupid affair.
aka abe and jen getting the questions and tricking ej. i think this is stupid, lexie has already had an affair before. why the need for her crazy mother to come back? she is a doctor for god sake.. she needs to be helping daniel find a way to recover. so over the abigale and austin thing, and the rafe and carrie thing it makes me ill

January 24, 2012 at 3:39 pm
(16) M says:

I must agree that they need to dump the Rafe/Carrie love story and the Abby/ Austin love story. How stupid!!!! They are shoving the ‘Will is gay, will he come out?’ storyline down our throats, and now we have to suffer with the stupid lustings of Rafe/Carrie, Abby/Austin. I agree with Okie Grandma. What happened to good old love stories like Tom and Alice, Mickey and MAggie, etc. and good mysteries? That’s what the viewers turned in for not the junk of today that they seem to write and only know how to write. It’s no wonder the ratings have gone in the dumper. You can read the spoilers each week and know what is going on and not have to suffer with all the rest of the show.

January 24, 2012 at 4:18 pm
(17) Lynnie says:

I don’t have a problem with tit for tat and having Rafe find another love, but I don’t see it with Carrie. Absolutely NO chemistry whatsoever. I’d like to see him “console” Melanie and see if that has some heat. I think he needs to find out what Sami did and move on. She makes me sick. It’s time she sees that there are repercussions for her actions.

January 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm
(18) Toni Leoni says:

Since the reboot, I said it before and I’ll say it again and again till the writers start giving us what we want

Days is BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

Hey Jeff, I’m still with you on that class action suit. Just post the info on it when it becomes available.

January 24, 2012 at 4:55 pm
(19) Toni Leoni says:

Oh, I forgot to say in closing,

BRING BACK DENA HIGLEY ASAP!!!!!!!

January 24, 2012 at 4:57 pm
(20) Spoiled Cry Baby In Michigan says:

I WANT JOHN & MARLENA & AUSTIN & CARRIE BACK!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAH!!!

I WANT NEW WRITERS! WAAAAAAAAAH!!!

I WANT JACK & JENNIFER BACK!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

I WANT JOHN & MARLENA & AUSTIN & CARRIE TOO LEAVE!!!! WAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

I WANT THE OLD WRITERS BACK!!!! WAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

I WANT JACK & JENNIFER TOO LEAVE!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

Come on people stop the bitching & moaning!!!!

Make up your minds!!!

Its Ken Corday’s show!!!!

If you don’t like it, get off your fat lazy rump and change the freaking channel!!!

I’m sick and tired of hearing all this whinning!!!!!

January 24, 2012 at 9:53 pm
(21) The Hooded Claw Aka Sylvester Sneekly says:

Heh,heh,heh,heh!!!!!

I’m going to get you Penelope Pitstop!!!!!

Heh,heh,heh,heh!!!!

Your friends The Ant Hill Mob and their car Chugaboom can’t stop me!!!!

Heh,heh,heh,heh!!!!

January 25, 2012 at 12:06 am
(22) justina says:

Don’t like the Carrie and rate thing going on makes me sick too also the abby and Austin flirting makes me stomach turn he is way to old for her I love rate and sami together and don’t see him with someone else. I am not complaing just stating the facts that same o same o BS of breaking up good couples

January 25, 2012 at 12:15 pm
(23) Yenetti says:

I had the distinct pleasure of meet James & Renee when I was out in LA for the Day of Days last November and they are very nice. James & I chatted for alittle bit and I wished him luck against EJ and he just smiled and laughed. Renee was very nice also and they are very valuable to the show.

The other day I was on YouTube and I was looking at clip of TV shows openings from 1979 to the early 80’s and I seen a clip where James was in a short lived show which I remember ( I was a tennager back then) called “Time Express” a show about a train that takes you back in time and james played the conductor. Also I seen an opening clip of a show called “Jessie” starring Lindsay Wagner aka the Bionic Woman and seen that Renee was in also. I was like wow, Lexie way back in the early 80’s.

Yenetti, Salem,Illinois
(Home Of DOOL)

January 25, 2012 at 12:26 pm
(24) Judy says:

I hate that you are putting Rafe and Carrie together!!!! I want him with Sammie always!!!!! It makes me really angry! I also home that Daniel returns soon to Jennifer! I do not want her with Jack.

January 25, 2012 at 2:31 pm
(25) Days of Our Lives FANATIC 20 says:

I agree with the new faces thing bring in more new young actors some Heterosexual boys and some new girls too, why not bring Mia and Chelsea back. I think you need at least 3-7 more BRAND NEW charactors on the show so your not revoliving around the smae plots all the time. It is either Sami/rafe, Bo/hope, Ej/Nicole, Sami/Ej, Dimera/kiriakas, Kate/…, John/Marlana Its getting to predictable Days use to throw me for a loop and im kinda losing interest i do think new charactors and different plots would help the ratings. Do some old School stuff like Stefeno’s Princess Gina type stuff. But with new fresh people you seem to be turning Will into a dimera protage, Make him do something wild other than b gay!

January 26, 2012 at 10:57 am
(26) Pam says:

I hate the Carrie/Rafe story line. As I long time viewer of Days I was thrilled to see the old characters back on the show. Having the original Austin back is such a treat. Breaking Austin and Carrie up is so wrong. With several of the ABC soaps being cancelled, NBC should make the Days fans happy and drop this ridiculous story line.

January 26, 2012 at 11:38 am
(27) snowbird says:

Stop the stupid Rafe/Carrie, Abagail/Austin storylines. They all make me sick with the puppy dog eyes, etc……… Let’s stop the Will wants to let the world know he is gay; but, all he can do is cry about it, blah, blah, blah…………… For goodness sake, open the lousy safety deposit box and show the contents – it’s getting very, very old!!!!!! How long is the campaing for mayor going to run? They need fresh storylines and some fresh new characters. This is all getting old and quite boring!!!!!!!!

January 26, 2012 at 5:30 pm
(28) Toni Leoni says:

BORING!

BRING BACK DENA HIGLEY ASAP!!!!!!!!

BORING!

BRING BACK DENA HIGLEY ASAP!!!!!!!!

BORING!

BRING BACK DENA HIGLEY ASAP!!!!!!

BORING!

BRING BACK DENA HIGLEY ASAP!!!!!

BORING!

BRING BACK DEAN HIGLEY ASAP!!!!

BORING!

BRING BACK DENA HIGLEY ASAP!!!!!

BORING!

BRING BACK DENA HIGLEY ASAP!!!!

BORING!

BRING BACK DENA HIGLEY ASAP!!!!!

January 26, 2012 at 8:35 pm
(29) Melissa says:

I love Carrie and Rafe. This is the first time I have found either interesting. I couldn’t care less about Sami or Austin. Enjoying watching Carrie and Rafe grapple with the unexpected sparks between them. Fun television! They share a dance tomorrow. Can’t wait!! CAFE all day!

January 26, 2012 at 9:42 pm
(30) rosemarie says:

I think Rafe &Carrie are electric couple ,Sami belongs withEJ always.Victor and Maggie are to boring.Chad belongs with Gabi,but PLEASE ,PLEASE ,PLEASE no gay storyline between Will& Sonny never can grasp two men kissing,that thought makes me want to hurl.Roman needs to find a women since Carrie is back.bring her mother Anna .and reunite them ,Jack needs someone but not Jennifer.

January 26, 2012 at 11:36 pm
(31) Dorothy says:

Want to thank you for todays show and the story with Jack and the group therapy session. I don’t know if those were actors and soliders, but it was very moving and very special. Second best show only following the first Christmas named ornament show.

January 26, 2012 at 11:51 pm
(32) BILLIE says:

ENOUGH OF CARRIE AND RAFE. NO CHEMISTRY WHAT SO EVER. NO SAMI AND EJ EITHER. SHE BELONGS WITH RAFE. AUSTIN AND ABIGAIL IS JUST PLAIN STUPID!!!

January 27, 2012 at 1:51 am
(33) beth says:

Carrie and EJ should get together.

January 27, 2012 at 2:01 am
(34) beth says:

EJ and Carrie should get together…

It would be fun to see Sami totally implode.

January 27, 2012 at 3:01 pm
(35) Jenna says:

@ Jeffery H.

Again, a lawsuit is not going to do any good plus it would never hold up in a court of law. I’m sure Ken Corday has lawyers who would easily defeat such a frivious lawsuit. Its his show and he the one who pay the bills I’m sure so he calls the shots along with the network. If you’re so disgusted with the show, I would suggest writing him a letter explaining how you feel although I don’t know what good it would do.

@ Toni Leone

You come on here almost every week posting same old comment and you know what, ITS BORING! At least have something to contribute about the show like the others who might be disatisfied. If not then stop watching the show if its so boring to you.

January 27, 2012 at 4:11 pm
(36) Lisa C says:

Lawsuit? Lawsuit person you have an overinflated idea of your own importance! What gives you the right? Do you have some investment or stock in the show? If not, this would be like you telling me how to run my business and that isn’t going to happen. As far as the story lines, watch it or don’t watch it people. Sammy screwed up…she should have consequences. I am sure that cheating puts distance between husbands and wives so this should not be unexpected. Besides, this is not real life, this is entertainment so sit back and enjoy or turn the channel!

January 27, 2012 at 5:04 pm
(37) Vickie says:

I’m with EVERYONE (except for a couple) that the Rafe and Carrie thing has to end. Not good for anyone. DO NOT LIKE IT.
Please change your mind with WIll. He’s a great actor and he needs to find a female companion.
I’m glad that Abe is willing to fight to be mayor but don’t like that he’s doing it the way he is.
I’m really hoping that Daniel comes back and gets back with Jenn.
Did you notice that there has not been a scene at the hospital ever since they created Horton Place? Used to be most scenes were there.
I just hope the writers do read these messages. These scenes with Rafe and Carrie have to stop. Get real storylines going…..make you want to watch the next day.

February 1, 2012 at 9:45 pm
(38) Fran says:

I have watched Days for at least 38 years. I have gotten disgusted with the story line often, but it is getting ridiculous now. I HATE the Carrie/Rafe story as well as the Austin/Abigail storyline. You bring the ol characters back just to break up all of the couples. I realize this is supposed to be entertainment, but let’s get real. Not all marriages fall apart at the drop of a hat. Another thing, if the show continues with the GAY storyline with Will, I will NEVER watch it again!!!!! Kill Sonny and his gay friends off the show and put something on worth watching. The Will/Gabi teen love story was so great. I was hoping the writers were going to take that couple further, but they screwed that one up. I was excited to see that some of the old characters were returning, but it seems that it is going to go back to the old “Stephano” tricks just using E.J. this time. I am wondering how they are going to connect Alice with Stephano now. But, I probably won’t be around to find out. Hope some better “Days” are ahead. I really don’t want to give up my favorite show and some of my favorite actors/actresses, but I quit watching other SOAPS for the same reasons and most of them are not on the air any longer. YEAH!!!!Wonder what will replace Days? Maybe, another stupid talk show!

March 1, 2012 at 8:49 pm
(39) d. houseright says:

No Daniel and Nicole!!!!!!!!!!