1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Casts New Heartthrob

By February 16, 2012

The male population in Salem is about to improve big time. Soap Opera Digest is reporting that Schuyler Yancey has been cast as Cameron Davis, a hot new bachelor who'll catch the eye of the show's young single ladies. Namely, Abigail, Gabi and Melanie.

Yancey, who'll have a key role in an upcoming storyline with Renee Jones (Lexie) and Beverly Todd (Celeste), is no stranger to Days of Our Lives. He's appeared on the show in the past as a day player. Plus, he's guest starred on a number of  nighttime shows, including Greek, Melrose Place and Hannah Montana.

Yancey has already begun working on the Days set. His first air date is April 4.

For a sneak peek at the handsome actor,  check out the photos of him, here.

Comments

February 17, 2012 at 8:00 am
(1) laadyb says:

Is it my imagination or does he bear a passing resemblance to James Scott (EJ DiMera)? Now that would be an interesting story line…

February 18, 2012 at 12:39 am
(2) Carol says:

Just what this oversize cast needs. Another member! The writers already won’t write for Maggie and Victor. If new people are coming in, others need to leave: Melanie, Daniel, Quinn, Madison, Gabi and Chad come to mind.

February 18, 2012 at 6:05 pm
(3) Joanne says:

Thanks for the link to his photos. He is adorable. No wonder all the young girls in Salem will be interested.

February 20, 2012 at 11:56 am
(4) Karin says:

Thank you, another handsome straight guy was needed for all these gorgeous available young girls. I guess Lexy will get first dibs though……

February 20, 2012 at 3:52 pm
(5) Carol says:

This new guy Ian is a creep. His acting is stilted at best. I don’t care how long he has acted, it is not good. I hope they get rid of him really fast, he annoys me, just coming into a room and his “reading his lines.” Come ON, Victor didn’t vett this guy?????

February 20, 2012 at 4:48 pm
(6) shannon says:

thought they was finally gonna let Chad & Melanie be together why is Melanie gonna be interested in him ?

February 20, 2012 at 5:02 pm
(7) Gloria Flowers says:

Not only do I not like the gay story line for Will but now they are bringing interracial characters. I know I’m from the old school and would be labeled homophobic and racist and guess I am when it comes to what I want to watch, yes I can quit watching or just flip quickly when Will starts to kiss another guy, please why did Days have to do this!?!!?! I think more older people watch Soaps and don’t care for this story line. I don’t think young people need to see either.

February 23, 2012 at 7:36 pm
(8) raymone says:

I am not young but I am totally supportive of interracial and gay relationships. Shouldn’t we be sophisticated enough to just be happy when good people find each other to love and care about?

February 23, 2012 at 10:54 pm
(9) Harriett Sakamoto says:

I disagree with Gloria Flowers. Soaps should have interesting story lines and if it includes gay or interracial relationships, I’m all for it. And I’m old!

March 2, 2012 at 6:06 pm
(10) Dmit says:

@ Carol, I disagree with the fact that Melanie needs to leave, or Chad and Gabi. Madison is cool also, keep her in. Daniel took a long break and Quinn is leaving Salem, so I agree on that with you, as well as the fact that Magic ( Maggie and Vic) doesn’t get enough screentime. That secret Victor is keeping needs to be revealed to Maggie! Then they will have some screentime. Glad Julie and Doug are gone they were boring, but Caustin and Jarlena need to be shown more with storylines, not just Carrie and Austin developing feelings for Abby and Rafe, or Marlena f****** John and counseling Will. Glad they began new stories with Hope/John/Bo/Marlena with this letter thing.

Now that I am done with that rant, I can talk about the new character, Cameron Davis. Glad that he will be seen with Lexie and Celeste, instead of just typical relationship drama. Gabi or Abby being with him is nice, so we can enjoy Chelanie without Gabi’s interference, and no more Aubby plots. Y would Mel have an interest in Cameron is she is with Chad? Please don’t make this a love triangle, we have enough of that with Janiel/Jack, EJole/Safe/Caustin/Abby and now Madison/Ian/Brady and Gabi/Chelanie. But I am a fan first and foremost of Mate and Chabigail, so I think Gabi and this guy should be endgame. Go Gameron/Cabi!