1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Is Peter Reckell Leaving Days of Our Lives?

By May 2, 2012

Peter ReckellSay it isn't so! Soap Opera Digest is reporting that Days of Our Lives vet Peter Reckell is contemplating leaving the show, when his contract expires this summer, which means Bo Brady could be heading out of Salem.

According to Digest, Reckell has been in talks with the show to negotiate a new deal, but so far nothing has been worked out and he's been "quietly informing castmates" that he may leave.

A show spokesperson offered the standard "no comment" on the situation.

Reckell first appeared on Days in 1983, when he stormed onto the scene as Roman Brady's (then played by Wayne Northrop) rebellious little brother and quickly catapulted to the top of daytime television popularity polls. Reckell remained with the show until 1987. He came back to Days in 1990, leaving in 1991. He returned again in 1995 and has been mainstay in Salem ever since.

Together, Reckell and Kristian Alfonso (Hope) have created one of the most memorable supercouples in the show's history. Having either actor off the canvas would be a major loss for the soap and is sure to cause an uproar from its fan base. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

You can check out the Digest item, here.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

May 2, 2012 at 12:29 pm
(1) Joanne says:

WHAT?!?!?!??!!?!?!?! This CANNOT happen. Bo and Hope are the only real supercouple left on the show. They are the reason I watch it. I can’t even imagine the show without one of them. Please, please, please get a new contract worked out. I don’t care what it it takes. I want Peter to stay in Salem.

May 2, 2012 at 12:31 pm
(2) Marylou says:

I do NOT want to see this happen. I have been a Peter Reckell fan from the day he road into Salem on his motorcycle as Bo Brady. He was an instant star. Peter is the heart and soul of Days. Well, he and Kristian. I love them as a couple. Don’t ever want to see either of them go.

May 2, 2012 at 12:33 pm
(3) Cheryl says:

I am in shock. A lot of people have come and gone over the years on Days, but I don’t think the show would be able to survive this hit. Peter and Kristian Alfonso make the show. They are the best Salem supercouple ever. I want Peter to stay and I want the writers to give him a brand new storyline.

May 2, 2012 at 4:10 pm
(4) Elena says:

I hope this is all just a big, horrible rumor. Bo & Hope are the main reason I watch DOOL.

May 2, 2012 at 4:49 pm
(5) Days Fan, Boston,MA says:

Relax everyone. Lets not get our briefs,boxers and panties in a uproar! Petrer is not going anywhere. With the ratings being at its lowest, Peter definitley has the upper hand in the negotiations and they will have to pay him the money he’ll want. If they let Peter go, Days will be cancelled for sure. You heard it here first.

May 2, 2012 at 4:53 pm
(6) ElectraWoman says:

THESE PEOPLE ARE ALL MILLIONAIRES AND YET THEY ARE GREEDY FOR MORE! WHAT, CAN’T YOU LIVE ON YOUR MULTI MILLION DOLLAR SALARY? ARE YOUR SCROUNGING FOR FOOD, CAN’T AFFORD TO PAY YOUR BILLS? BULLCRAP! IT’S ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY AND NEVER ABOUT THE CRAFT AND THE ENJOYMENT YOU BRING TO OTHERS BY WHAT YOU DO. SICK AND TIRED OF SPOILED BRAT ACTORS WHO THINK THEY CAN OWN THE WORLD!

May 2, 2012 at 5:07 pm
(7) Jane says:

Turn the caps off, or get get lost Electra. Better yet, just get lost, caps are rude. Life without Bo, a tragic loss!

New characters, new stories like Will coming out. That is what will save Days. It is 2012, not 1993.

May 2, 2012 at 6:23 pm
(8) sue says:

how do you know what kind of money Bo are anyone on Days make,this is a job just like any other job.they come and they go,his contract is coming up, Mel’s contract is up in June and EJ’s was up afew weeks ago,and he is on for another year,so what ever,it want be the frist time Bo has lift and Hope lift before too,so has alot of the charecters and they all come back soon er or later,so we will see them again even if they die they come back LOL

May 2, 2012 at 6:53 pm
(9) nathan via shelby,ohio says:

It wouldn’t bother me in the least if he left! Bo and Hope were cool years ago but not anymore. Bring back the 2nd Bo, he was better! Somebody tell Hope to eat something,geez!

May 2, 2012 at 8:15 pm
(10) Robert says:

Let Reckell go, the show want end because of him, the new actors are during a fine job in their roles with their story lines, as the saying goes..one monkey never stopped a show. Actors come and go just like the sun rises and sets. If Alice and Tom Horton’s departure hasn’t stopped the show, then no one else will either, as the world continues to go on, no matter who disappears off the scene, there will be a tomorrow, unless Jesus returns, that is.

May 2, 2012 at 9:13 pm
(11) Booberry says:

BO AND HOPE ARE STILL COOL AND WILL BE COOL TILL THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 2, 2012 at 10:10 pm
(12) shygirl says:

I would hate to see Bo leave, but they need to get him a new story. enough of the dimera vendetta. Can anyone explain why they are enemies? How it started? Bo is really the tender heart of the show, if the writers would just see that.

May 2, 2012 at 10:36 pm
(13) EA says:

The biggest loss on DAYS for sure over the years has been not having Stephen Nichols starring as Patch. In my 25 years watching, he by far has been that rebel good guy hero far more than Bo. That time when he rescued Kayla was the greatest ever. I know he’s on another soap but he’s the one classic character that needs to come back.

And I feel Robert Kelker Kelly did an awesome job of Bo back in that one time period. Not the same, I know but surprisingly he’s like the thinner Bo. :P

May 2, 2012 at 10:42 pm
(14) Jersey Girl says:

I would really hope they reconsider letting him go. We need stability on the show and only a few fit the bill. Peter Reckell as Bo is one character that should stay. Why not give him a better story line? Keep some veterans in the ongoing saga.

May 3, 2012 at 12:13 am
(15) Laurence H says:

Eh, I don’t really care….

May 3, 2012 at 9:09 am
(16) Donald says:

It wouldn’t be a loss to the show. I have to agree with some of the comments on here. Money IS always the issue, not the art of acting. I’m sure after all these years of steady employment and investments, he’s got enough money to survive. As for the acting abilities of Bo, I think they are horrible. He’s been over-acting for months now for some unknown reason, not sure if he thinks he’s funny, cause he isn’t. Get someone new, Hope already cheated on Bo several times before and even had a child from someone else, WHILE married to Bo. So you all say SUPER Couple? I don’t see it. And yes, Hope needs to eat a sandwich, perhaps two. I want to know who Elvis’ father is. And will Chad step up and become somewhat EVIL. I think he should. Love Kate by the way. A true business woman in all respects. Write off Bo, give Hope a new “Bo”, no pun intended. Well, maybe I did.

May 3, 2012 at 9:47 am
(17) beth says:

days u better do what ever to make him happy. Peter is the real bo brady, I didint even watch days when peter and kristian was gone in the last 80′s and early 90′s . I watch days from 1983 to 1987 then from 1995 to present . Please , Please days find some middle ground with Peter so he will stay. I love my Bo and Hope now and forever. Please , Please Peter stay with days .

To the days staff, if you let Peter go , your show will be truely cancelled. They are the best supercouple of all times.

May 3, 2012 at 10:16 am
(18) ElectraWoman says:

@Jane #7—The CAPS were not directed at you nor anyone on this comment thread and hurt absolutely no one. Your rude remarks are what’s wrong here. Besides, if I choose to type in all caps, it is my right and privilege. It is my computer, in my home and my decision.

And on a softer note than my last, I would like to see Peter Reckell stay on as Bo. It seems you get so used to a character and the person playing it, to see them with anyone else just doesn’t feel right and kind of ruins the continuity. But, I also do not understand the increasing demand for a higher salary all the time. And, yes these people are quite wealthy. TV acting pays very well. Angus T. Jones from Two And A Half Men makes something like 2.5 million per episode making him the highest paid actor in TV.

It always seems about money any more. It’s just sad people cannot be happy with what they have.

May 3, 2012 at 10:31 am
(19) LUMI says:

when RKK was on Days,it was a different Hope,so they did very well as Bo and Hope back then,but alot of people did not like RKK.

IMO no one can take this Bo and Hope’s place on Dool,
just like John and Marlena,Lucas and Sami,Nicole and Brady,
we all have people we like,but life gos go no metter what we think,and Im going to watch Days till the very end .and no I never FF the show.

May 3, 2012 at 11:37 am
(20) Voice of Reason says:

Soap stars dont get paid half of what primetime and movie stars get. I’ll bet there is not one actor in daytime that makes over a million. And they work harder…go figure.

May 3, 2012 at 12:45 pm
(21) Jane says:

@ElectraWoman #18 – using caps is considered rude and vulgar. That is how I reacted to it. If that is how you would like to portray yourself in your home, on your computer, so be it.

May 3, 2012 at 12:57 pm
(22) DOOL-y says:

@ Electra #18 – count your zero’s, Angus is paid $250,000 per episode, making him the highest paid CHILD actor in TV.

May 3, 2012 at 1:27 pm
(23) samidimera says:

CAPS ARE CONSIDERED RUDE? Lol. Get a d*mn life. HAHA. I love how people post here as if they get to make all the rules. Grow the hell up. Nobody gives a crap if someone uses caps. This isn’t an AOL chat room from the 90′s. LMAO.

As far as Bo – so what? Nothing is gonna save Days at this point. Even with the finest actors in Daytime, the writer’s ruin everyone with their Bullsh#@ stories. Bo and Hope have been useless for some time now. And with the deliberate destruction of the Dimera clan that the writers have been throwing on us lately there will literally be nothing left for Bope or J&M to do. Their lives have no purpose without the Dimeras. The show is gonna crash and burn no matter who stays or goes if Days doesn’t get some decent writers to tell compelling stories.

May 3, 2012 at 1:33 pm
(24) samidimera says:

To LUMI: There wasn’t another woman who played Hope when RKK was on Days. Hope was perceived to be dead at the time and RKK dated Carly and Billie. When Kristian Alfonso decided to come back to Days, RKK was fired so Peter could work side by side her again (which was a BS move if you ask me. RKK was hot! LOL)

May 3, 2012 at 2:11 pm
(25) Jane says:

Yup, caps=yelling. Silly topic, let’s end it.

I have to give the moderator of the forum, Janet Di Lauro much credit for giving us the latitude to have lively discussions with very little interference.

May 3, 2012 at 5:15 pm
(26) patsy says:

I hope PETER stays on DOOL he and KRISTEN are about all that is left of the Bradys andHortens I love them both and with out them DAYS wont be DAYS ANY MORE IT WILL BE THE DIMERA SHOW

May 3, 2012 at 5:58 pm
(27) Lex Luther says:

To Jane post #25

About our fabulous moderator, she is very good about us posting. I know myself I posted some heated comments because people who are too overly sensitive and PC can get on my nerves at times and I believe in telling it like it is but I’m not going to get into that right now.

Anyway, we all might not agree on storylines, who should stay or go, who is a good or lousy actor or actress and get into squabbles but I think we can all agree on one thing, Janet DiLauro is great at running this site and letting us post our thoughts and opinions and even people who post non related Days posts on here.

I say one more thing, we all should raise our glasses and have a toast to Janet. Thank you.

May 4, 2012 at 11:38 am
(28) lou says:

Please don’t leave Bo. Give him what he wants

May 4, 2012 at 12:45 pm
(29) Tracy Reyes says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO Dont leave BO! We need you! I cant even imagine days without Bo!
I hope this is a bad joke.

May 5, 2012 at 3:09 pm
(30) patsy says:

KEEP Peter get rid of Rafe dont like his charater any more he was one of my favorit until they had him ludSing after a married woman IF they do keep him please DONT pUt him back with Sami . as bad as Sami is she deserves better than RAF E

May 6, 2012 at 1:22 am
(31) Maryann says:

That can NEVER happen! I will never watch again if Peter leaves.

May 7, 2012 at 11:17 am
(32) Stacey says:

@samidimera

For the record, Hope has been played by several actresses:

Kristina Osterhout (1974)
Kimberly Weber (1974-1975)
Natasha Ryan (1975-1980)
Tammy Taylor (1981)
Kristian Alfonso (1983-1987; 1990; 1994-present)

May 7, 2012 at 11:32 am
(33) Stacey says:

I guess I should add ..
… the majority as infant or child “Hopes”

May 7, 2012 at 12:32 pm
(34) Leopard butterfly says:

I think bo is great and should stay on the show. I think they should get rid of gabi,her story line is boring and pathetic. I can’t believe someone would go to such great lengths to split someone up,like if chad would want her.ugh! I hope the writers can keep up with the storylines and keep the show going

May 7, 2012 at 1:34 pm
(35) kim wood says:

I have watched Days of our lives since I was 5 yrs old and came home from kindergarten am. I am 45 now. I love Peter Reckell. I can’t imagine Days without him. I hope that Days understands how much he means to all of us and the NEED for the show to keep him. I am disappointed with the direction that Days has gone. If they lose Peter I will never watch Days again.

May 7, 2012 at 2:10 pm
(36) samidimera says:

Stacey: FOr the record – the previous poster said another actress played Hope when RKK was on. I was stating that wasn’t so. Let’s try to follow the actual conversation instead of racing off to wikipedia for facts to spout that noones interested in. :)

May 7, 2012 at 4:02 pm
(37) Phyllis says:

That would be the straw that broke the camel’s back with this 20+ year viewer…it’s bad enough that they bring people back just to get rid of them, i.e., Carrie, Austin…and they can’t seem to get their **** together when it comes to hiring writers…

Better think of the fans, Days…we are the ones who make or break you…

May 7, 2012 at 4:17 pm
(38) Vicki in Monterey says:

c’mon, PTB – pony-up to Peter R. – maybe instead of hiring yet ANOTHER 20′ish hot buy – BO brings it all!!

May 7, 2012 at 4:31 pm
(39) dlee says:

Bo is the best!!!!! And, after they destroyed Rafe having him go after Carrie, Bo and hope are the ONLY couple I look forward to seeing. The reference to him being with Zack when he was in the coma, was the best piece of dialogue I have heard lately. It gave a little more closure to a painful story line , and yet left hope for their future reconciliations. Something a little more meaningful than taking your clothes off and hopping to the next person on camera. That’s why Bo and Hope are the greatest. They work on so much deeper a level than most of the other characters. A little playfulness and tenderness go a long way in growing character.

May 7, 2012 at 4:37 pm
(40) SHARONH. says:

The show must go on!!!
Need Bo and Hope together
Wish all of their children would be with them.
I also want to mention that the naughty words are not
acceptable. Wish it would be stopped.

May 7, 2012 at 4:41 pm
(41) Denise says:

Bo goes I Go!!! Waching Days since 1965!!! This just can’t happen!!

May 7, 2012 at 4:55 pm
(42) Julie says:

If Bo and or Hope leave I will no longer watch Days of our Lives.
They make the show and we have already lost too many of the best actors and actresses just recently.
I really like Rafe but not with Nichole. He is good with Sami .I also like the idea of Brady having a decent woman he can trust. Maggie and
Victor are good together.

May 7, 2012 at 4:58 pm
(43) D says:

No he is the one half of the Best Supercouple of all time ,much too valuible to lose ! Wake up PTB

May 7, 2012 at 5:22 pm
(44) meri50 says:

I always wanted to live long enough to see Bo and Hope as the new/old
Tom and Alice Horton!! I hope he dosen’t leave!

May 7, 2012 at 5:31 pm
(45) Joann says:

Bo can’t leave Days, i love Bo and Hope,and the show wont be the same ,without them,i’ve watch Days,sence it come on the air,

May 7, 2012 at 8:13 pm
(46) Lenore says:

So Bo is talking about leaving. Peter you have been there, done that. you never had another job that meant anything out side of Days. You are a star on Days and You were a bit player every place else. Be glad you got a job.. If any of the actors on Days were any good they wouldn’t have to spend so much time in bed. Those scenes are boring. They should get rid of John and Marlena. But then the writers would have to learn to write. They cant act so all the writers have to do is put them in bed. Get rid of Billie or replace her with someone who hasn’t mutilated herself with plastic surgery. Lisa Rinna, who use to be a beautiful lady, is to hard to look at anymore..

May 7, 2012 at 8:48 pm
(47) CAROLE says:

First EJ NOT a Demira! Now Bo may LEAVE!!!!!! Please—and the DEAD are not dead(glad for that). Can we please get back to FAMILY.

May 7, 2012 at 9:03 pm
(48) pippa says:

What is going on, all I am hearing is so and so is leaving etc. etc. Why can’t we be left in peace watching our favorite soap (D.O.O.L) or is this all a gimik to keep us hanging in there and suffer. Give me a break if this keeps us I will just say good-bye once and for all.

May 7, 2012 at 9:19 pm
(49) Jmaes says:

I’m so tired of Sammie, why did Days build the soap around her!

May 7, 2012 at 9:34 pm
(50) Sandra Steb says:

I don’t know how much money Bo is asking for but he deserves every penny and then some. He and Hope have been three fourths of that soap from the beginning. I have seen people go and come and go and come but Bo has been a stable that you people making these decisions could count on. You are killing your fans everytime you tak off a big time favorite and Bo is as big as anyone can get. Do you want to be cancelled like the other soaps. I should hope not. I will be praying that you guys treat Bo right for his sake and talent and for your viewers. Without him and us the soap will hurt bad. This is one actor you don’t need to play around with.

May 7, 2012 at 10:07 pm
(51) sandra t says:

well, all this talk about getting ride of a charactor on days´ it shouldnot be bo brady it is time for stepheno to get his pay back for all the wicked things he has done to others´ it is not right that you let this crimminal get away with his evil deeds. i am asking the writers to put stepheno in his rightful place behind bars or sorry to say he is the one who needs to die off the old wicked goat. wheres´ the justice? please consider
a fitting payback for stephano. and leave all the other characters live´
and who is ejs real dad i really think the fans would like to know´
thanks for lessoning´

May 7, 2012 at 11:21 pm
(52) nancy henry says:

Bo please dont go this crazy u need to stay ur cute little bunns on days.

May 8, 2012 at 12:23 am
(53) janice says:

Bo and Hope are one our your biggest stars .Just like doc and John and even Jennifer and Jack .You have torn away the couples that people have grown to love this is why veiwers get so mad at the soaps.We can,t get enough of our couples you go and take them away and bring them back.I loved it when you brought back Carrie and Austin and Hopefully Sami will go back to Lucas.Why can,t you bring back a show and put it on for the hospital like you did a few years ago that was wonderful .Don,t you see Peter needs to stay so please peter if you care to you will comprimise because jobs are hard to come by and we all love you.

May 8, 2012 at 12:53 am
(54) Pam says:

I hope Peter doesn’t go either. I think ALL the vets need to stay including Christie & Patrick.They are what make Days popular! If TPTB are having money problems they need to have a giant yard/bake sale & get rid of the newer actors. The fans have a lot invested in the vets & not the newer actors. I’m tired of TPTB bringing people back to Days then firing them 6 months later!!

My favorite couple on Days is “John” & “Marlena”. But “Bo” & “Hope” are right up there for sure!

The writers need to take a leaf out of the Young & the Restless book. They seem to keep their fans happy for years. If they would write like Y&R then Days could be #1 again like they used to be in the 70′s & 80′s. I’ve been watching Days since 1972.

May 8, 2012 at 1:12 am
(55) Mari Garcia says:

If people don’t like DOOL then don’t watch that channel, watch something else instead of complaining and wasting space on here.. I’ve been watching it for 40 some years and won’t stop and I enjoy it every day. They do their job just like we do our’s, they play how the script is given to them don’t take it so serious they are all good actors if you don’t like them change the channel. And of course they want a raise don’t you every year when your 1 year anniversary comes up on your job? Do you pull the hours like they do? Are you under hot cameras? Do you study pages of lines like they do? Do you get told off by the public like they do because of their character on a soap opera?

May 8, 2012 at 3:51 am
(56) Penny says:

I have been watching Days since I was a little kid, since 1978, and when Peter Reckell joined the show, I was hooked indefinitely! I have been a huge fan of Bo and Hope and the actors who play them since they became a couple! They are by far my favorite Daytime couple, and 2 of my all time favorite actors! IF Days is crazy enough to demand yet another paycut in order for Peter (Bo) to resign with the show, they are crazy! Peter didn’t deserve the first paycut he took last time he re-signed, but he did it, and stayed, which in my book was very cool of him! Bo and Hope are the core of Days and since Tom and Alice passed, Bo and Hope are the closest thing we have to them! They are beloved and talented characters who need to stay!!!!! IF the powers that be do not make it work with Peter, then Days might as well assume that they will be cancelled at the end of 2013! Ratings are bad as it is, losing our Bo and Hope couple will only make them plummet even more! The show desperately needs to keep Peter Reckell! Praying and hoping they are smart enough to do anything to keep him!!!!!!!!!!

May 8, 2012 at 3:55 am
(57) Penny says:

Oh and to the couple of guys who said “let him go” you obviously are not a die hard fan and have not watched it as long as the rest of us who understand that he is the heart and soul of the show, along with Hope!
AND Peter is NOT asking for any more money!!!!!! He is being asked to take a SECOND PAYCUT! He already took one the last time he re-signed, by 50% according to published reports of his contract, and now they want him to take another cut?! BS!!!!!! He should remain the same (which is all he asking for by the way!) OR he should get some of his money back since he IS one of the TOP ACTORS on the show AND in Daytime!!!! Only comment when you have all the facts Gentleman!

PETER NEEDS TO STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 8, 2012 at 8:04 am
(58) Richard says:

Peter Reckell has always been my favorite on the show.I even stopped watching when he left a few years ago.Days have had very silly storylines so I havent been watching lately.I guess if Bo is gone I will not comeback this time.

May 8, 2012 at 8:35 am
(59) Dianne says:

I have been watching Days since day 1! I used to feed my daughter her lunch and while i watched DOOL! I’m 73 now and they have let the show go down so far it can’t recover. All the really good characters who
made the show the best are going or gone now. Shame on those that destroyed it over the years, the writers,producers and NBC

May 8, 2012 at 10:28 am
(60) groundhoggirl says:

It would certainly be a sad day if Peter leaves the show, but hey, that’s the way things go. People come, people go. I’m a St. Louis Cardinals fan and thought the world would end when Albert Pujols left our team this past winter. He went where the money was and the loyalty he claimed to have to the organization, the city and the fans, be damned. Well, surprise, surprise! Without Price Albert the Cardinals are holding tight to fist place and the old boy has yet to hit 1 home run for the Angels. Bye-bye. See ya around. DAYS will survive w/o Peter if he goes. Just as no 1 person makes a team, no 1 person makes a show. It’s an ensemble cast and DAYS will survive.

May 8, 2012 at 10:34 am
(61) Adrienne says:

I have always been a Peter Reckell fan. I love him and sometimes watch his scenes over and over again. He isnt a youngster but still manages to look so good. He and Kristian have something special together, they play off each other. I love them both and would be sad if they both left. Real life sux enough…Soaps are supposed to be our escape.

Please don’t go!

May 8, 2012 at 11:03 am
(62) Shirley Reynolds says:

OMG, please, please don’t let Bo go. He and Hope are the backbone of the show now, they are the super couple now that Tom and Alice are gone. The love between Hope and Bo is what makes them the great couple they are and it would be ashame to see that love torn apart. Come on writer, listen to the fans and keep the super couple together. I have watched DOOL from the begining and as many fans I live for that one hour of becoming part of Salems family.

May 8, 2012 at 12:29 pm
(63) Farah says:

NO,no, no. no, Bo is to valuable a character to loose and Peter Reckell, is Bo. When they replaced him the one time, I accepted it after awhile… But I think I would quit watching, and it would doom the show for sure, so it would not matter if I quit watching… Come on Execs get with it and give Peter his new deal!!!!!!

May 8, 2012 at 12:41 pm
(64) Cherie says:

Peter Reckell is the reason I started watching Days!! It won’t be the same without him and I may not stick around either!! Would be a major mistake for them to let him go. Strike a deal and keep him around or lose your viewers!

May 8, 2012 at 3:40 pm
(65) Sheila says:

It just wouldn’t be the same without Bo, seriously what a way to insure the end of Days! Oh and Peter is the only Bo, none of those fake ones will do!!!

May 8, 2012 at 8:34 pm
(66) Carol says:

noooooooooo Please do not go please please please!!!

May 8, 2012 at 10:30 pm
(67) Dmitri says:

Good. He is so boring, and they do not give him any crime drama-esque storylines, or focus on the magic that is Bope. The only storylines they give him are about Carly and Stefano, and now that Carly is gone, it is all this safehouse/Alamania/coin/envelope CRAP! He is useless so I don’t care if he leaves. Of course, it would be better if they gave him a different story and kept him, but he and the other middle aged people have SO much time on e show! DOOL also focuses too much on Sami! That tramp needs to go! But Ali is a great actress!

May 9, 2012 at 12:28 am
(68) Janelle says:

It would be one thing if Peter wanted to leave. Fans would be disappointed, but understanding. But I certainly hope the execs come to their senses and find a way to keep Peter around. They desperately need Bo and Hope if they want to have any hope of surviving. (And as a side note, they need to write properly for them, too. ARE YOU LISTENING, DAYS????)

May 9, 2012 at 1:20 pm
(69) Donna Swyers says:

Please do whatever it takes to keep Peter Reckell on Days! Bo and Hope are the only supercouple left. Please don’t split them up again.

May 11, 2012 at 3:16 pm
(70) Heather says:

why cant u bring robert kelker kelly back i think he loos better with hope any way cant u bring him back

May 12, 2012 at 1:26 pm
(71) Gayle Wicker says:

Please don’t let Bo leave Days! I would like to see Sean D & Belle come back!

May 14, 2012 at 5:53 pm
(72) Lisa says:

Bye, bye, Peter. No one is indispensable except Stephano and Victor!!!
You can be replaced easily. And at that same subject, why didn’t they recast Lexie. This mournful rot is too much already. I am so glad I can fast forward thru the scenes. BORING.

May 14, 2012 at 8:33 pm
(73) bettina brown says:

John and Marlena are the strongest couple on days but Bo and Hope are close behind! Dayz will never be good again until they get some stability. Stop firing and hiring ..and firing again. I’m about to quit the show too!

May 18, 2012 at 1:59 am
(74) Kimber Willard says:

First you write Marlena and John off the show and then bring them back to lame characters..Now you want to write off Bo…I absolutely refuse to watch anymore if you do so…I have watched this soap for over 30 years, and Bo and Hope are the backbone of the show…Don’t mess with a good thing or you will truly lose alot of loyal fans..Myself included

May 18, 2012 at 4:00 am
(75) jennifer says:

My favorite couples on “Days” have always been John & Marlena,Bo & Hope, & (many years ago) Steve & Kayla. It would be soooo depressing if Peter were to leave the show. There are so many annoying characters on “Days” you could get rid of in order to free up money to keep Peter. I still remember when Drake Hogestyn & Deidre Hall were fired years ago. I was upset & stopped watching because of that. I began watching again because I heard they were coming back. If Peter leaves-expect ratings to fall even more. The writers should come up with better stories for Bo & Hope & for John & Marlena as well. I’m very happy John/Marlena are back,but,it seems now that they’re back-the writers don’t know what to do with them. These are good actors,but,you must give them worthy material on which to act upon. I think sometimes the writers spend too much time on certain characters nobody gives a d**n about & ignore the veterans people love. Or,even worse than ignoring them – they give them some lame,lazy ass story. The writing on “Days” needs to get better & fast! Also,one more thing-if Peter leaves (for whatever the reason may be) the ratings are going to suffer more-a lot more. I truly hope he stays.

May 18, 2012 at 4:59 pm
(76) Willa says:

I SURE DO WISH NBC WILL GIVE PETER HIS DEAL, IT will be huge loss, & mistake to just let him go!!! BO & HOPE STORY is the best super couple for yearssss..my heart will be sad as heck.. PETER exceptional actor..nobody can portray BO as well as PETER does!!!!
NBC IF YOU HAPPEN TO READ THESE E-MAILS..PLEASE KEEP PETER RECKELL ON DAYS,,with Kristian Alfonzo!!!! huggggggeeeee mistake to just not give hi his contract deal!!!!!!!

May 19, 2012 at 5:12 am
(77) Sally says:

I hope Peter is gone, he can’t act.

May 19, 2012 at 10:47 am
(78) FuzzBall says:

no they shouldn’t fight for this male pre-madonna and bad actor.

Peter could leave tomorrow and the show wouldn’t suffer at all. Fans that say they won’t watch if _______ actor goes strikes me as funny because nobody cares. If you don’t want to watch the show anymore, don’t, why annnounce it to the world?

I don’t want to lose anymore actors and certainly not anymore vets, I’d rather lose Peter. Maybe time away from the show will do him good, he can go get some acting lessons and stop sleeping during his scenes.

Kristian took the PC so why should he get anymore money than she did? Cut him please and lets move on.

May 19, 2012 at 11:36 am
(79) LG says:

I don’t think his acting is that bad. As we all know there are others on DOOL who’s acting is much worse than his. I will admit his acting is not as good as it was years ago. Maybe that has something to do with the terrible writing for his character i.e. being beaten up & ending in a hospital bed just lying there. Also this whole contract situation must be on his mind also. Crappy writing does nothing to help his character either. Anyone mentioning he should go take acting lessons-if that were to ever happen there are quite a few others on Days that should go take those lessons with him. Peter Reckell-Best actor on Days? No. Worst actor on Days? No. Peter Reckell-Fan Favorite? Most definitely yes. Myself Included.

May 19, 2012 at 11:57 am
(80) Fan of Bo says:

I think some fans are being a tad harsh on Peter. Everyone has a right to their opinion,however,we need to cut him some slack on his acting skills. Let’s remember something guys,this is a soap opera IT’S NOT masterpiece theater.

May 22, 2012 at 8:45 pm
(81) Deborah says:

Please don’t let Bo (Peter) leave! He has been one of my fans for ever!

May 25, 2012 at 9:18 pm
(82) Fran says:

I sure hope he doesn’t leave Days…that will be then end for me. Please Days…don’t let Peter go.

May 28, 2012 at 10:08 am
(83) Tina from Pgh says:

If bo goes than I will be done. I have stayed through some crazy stuff but I will take Days off my DVR if Bo leaves. Love him and Hope since I was in high school. Very disappointed

May 30, 2012 at 1:12 pm
(84) Deryl says:

I will stop watching Days without Bo. Hope and Bo are the best couple on the show. Plese don’t!

June 1, 2012 at 8:35 am
(85) Julie says:

I have been watching days since before Bo and Hope came on.I’m only 52.They make the show.They are so good together,they do of course need a new story line.They had so many adventures in the past,why can’t they do that again.
I hope they keep Peter, with the way things are going with the cancelling of soap operas if he leaves the show will lose it,s ratings for sure,I probably won’t watch.I tried watching when he left twice I just couldn’t get into Robert-Kelker Kelly, maybe because I use to see him on Another World as Sam Fowler.
Please please please Peter stay on the show you and Kristian are the best couple ever.

June 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
(86) Edna Jones says:

Do whatever to keep Bo on Days of Our Lives!! If not, this show will probably end soon too. there is way too many leaving this summer.

June 4, 2012 at 1:46 pm
(87) beverly says:

i dont care what peter wants, GIVE IT TO HIM!!!!!!!!!! have the new writers lost their minds better yet did they have minds to start with. been a fan for 30 years, i can find something else to do beside watch a bunch of kids figure out their sexuality.

June 8, 2012 at 11:55 pm
(88) Liz says:

I think it would be a BIG loss to Days if Peter leaves. I agree with the comment about asking to take another pay cut. He shouldn’t have to do that..I think Bo and Hope are the Alice and Tom of the Days now. I do hope Days writers and producers read these comments. If they listen to the fans Peter will stay..PLEASE KEEP PETER!!!!!!! We love you Peter…….

June 13, 2012 at 8:16 pm
(89) Terry says:

I started watching Days of our Lives while I was in 8th grade, with my mom and her friend. Back then the best people (writers & Actors) was Tom & Alice Horton, they made me believe that families prayed together, DIVORCE was not the first words when couples had problems, off to Tom & Alice they would go for the best guidance. We watched Bo & Hope as they grew from puppy love to adult and nothing has kept them apart. I miss Tom & Alice they showed me life has ups and downs but life is worth living and if you love each other and believe in each other. All that Tom & Alice portrayed all of those years family togetherness, loved Christmas, my family decided to do the same thing (decorations with husband wife, children, each family put the ornament on the Horton tree. Then the family picnics, other holidays that is what we need to see today. When all you hear is how families have murder & suicide killing children , we need to remember these fine writers and actors need to instill happy times.
PLEASE DON’T LOOSE PETER RECKELL. You have already lost Alexandria, Tom, Alice, & Stephano ( No the rise of the Phoenix will rise again). Whatever you have to pay it will be worth it to keep the Horton values shining again.

June 13, 2012 at 8:34 pm
(90) Anita says:

OK, have to chime in on this. Yes, I’ve watched since the beginning and now 56 years old. Peter Reckell is AWESOME but if he’s considering leaving the show something is going. I do hope he’s going for the money. For all your old timers, if you recall back when everyone was killed by the Slasher and it ended up being Marlena (or not) that scene between Bo and Marlena in the police station was one of my favorite ever. I don’t know how Peter kept a straight face through it. It was brilliant acting! Please DOOL — bring back the love and the humour and the clever writing in this show. Maybe that’s why Peter is going. Who could blame him.

June 24, 2012 at 6:04 pm
(91) Christine says:

What???? I do not want Peter Reckell leaves the Days Of Our Lives since we lost Sefano and Lexie and now Bo Brady! I mean come on,is he coming back in the future.He looks great with Hope.

June 28, 2012 at 11:38 pm
(92) Jim says:

-Entertainment Sources has reported on June 28, 2012 that Peter Porte, who was recently let go rom his role of Ricky Willams on The Young And The Restless, is joining the cast of Days of our Lives in the role of Andrew Donavan IV, the son of supercouple Kimberly Brady and Shane Donavan. Andrew hasn’t been seen on the cavanas since he was a child twenty years ago. No word has been announced on when Porte is expected to air. With Days taping months ahead, it could be as early as November of this year. It has also been announced that on-screen parents Kim (Pasty Pece) and Shane(Charles Saughnessey) will return to Salem for a brief one-episode arc to help usher their on-screen son(Porte) on the cavanas.

July 1, 2012 at 10:58 pm
(93) MGBCAL says:

I’ve been watching Days for 43 years……too many writers and absurd changes to story lines. How could Days NOT re-negotiate with Peter Reckell and allow him to leave the show. Is NBC going broke….He and Hope are
the strength behind the Soap. If you do this, Days will end up like the rest of the soaps…GONE! Reconsider please!

July 2, 2012 at 12:32 pm
(94) Kim says:

Bo leaves…SO DO I!

July 2, 2012 at 2:34 pm
(95) Suzanne says:

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING DOOL?!?!?! How could you take Bo off the show?!?! With all these new faces, we need to see some longevity in the characters!! There is definitely still room to keep Bo and Hope – THEY MAKE THE SHOW!!! This is very upsetting…

July 2, 2012 at 8:25 pm
(96) pam says:

I think it is bad peter reckell is leaving the show with the chemistry he and Kristina Alfonso have it really make days of our lives good

July 5, 2012 at 1:18 pm
(97) Janice says:

Bo Brady is one of reasons I watch Days of Our Lives. I am 50 years old and have been watching Days since I was 4. It would hurt me deeply if the writers did this. I love Bo. He repersents such goodness in a person. There is no show without Bo!

July 5, 2012 at 1:48 pm
(98) janice says:

NO! Please. Don’t let Bo go. But please get rid of Sammi and Will. I am so sick of them. Sammi’s anticks are sickening. I fast forward through her parts. Without Bo, there is no show!

July 9, 2012 at 1:45 pm
(99) J.Whalen says:

Please don’t ever get rid of Peter, he has been Bo forever. He’s the reason I watch, I love him with Hope, do you want this soap to continue I’d keep Bo or I stop watching!!!!

July 13, 2012 at 11:37 am
(100) Janelle says:

Still seriously hoping everything can be worked out & Peter can come back to the show very, very soon! Days needs Bo, Hope needs Bo, and PETER RECKELL IS THE ONLY REAL BO!

July 24, 2012 at 11:30 am
(101) mj says:

Peter please dont leave you are the aoreta to the heart of this show

July 26, 2012 at 2:39 pm
(102) Josamdasmom mom says:

My all time favorite couple were and still is, Julie and Doug.

August 6, 2012 at 9:57 pm
(103) KIMBERLY says:

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT THE NEW WRITERS ARE GOING TO LET BO GO! HE AND HOPE ARE ONE OF THE LAST SUPER COUPLES AROUND AND ONE OF THE REASONS I HAVE WATCHED DOOL FOR OVER 30 YEARS! I AM GLAD THAT THEY ARE GETTING RID OF IAN, HE IS HORRIBLE! INSTEAD OF LOSING BO, THE WRITERS SHOULD TRIM DOWN THE KIDS. THERE ARE TOO MANY OF THEM AND THE STORY LINE WITH WILL IS ALREADY GETTING OVERDONE….AND SO IS THE ONE WITH THE STOCKER, ENOUGH ALREADY. , AS WELL AS GABI
i AM ALSO UPSET THAT JACK IS BEING WRITTEN OFF. HE FINALLY GOT BAQCK TOGETHER WITH JENNIFER AND HE GOT A DECENT SCRIPT.WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY BELOVED SHOW…HELP!!!

September 17, 2012 at 9:16 pm
(104) DSBAR says:

Looks like the storyline today 9/17/2012 is easing Bo out….unhappy @ work so set to go sailing off without Hope. Sad day for DOOL. Guess the teens work cheaper….but it’s adults who watch the show.

November 6, 2012 at 6:38 pm
(105) Linda says:

since bo left,I havent watched days. I am done. the Will and Sonny story line is the most disgusting I have ever seen. You take Bo off for that. shame on you guys.

May 7, 2013 at 5:14 pm
(106) Angie307 says:

First off… Gotta say if I see rafe and Kate intimate one more time I’m gonna gag … So gross!!!!as for Bo… I love him on the show but it’s not his life!!! It’s his job…. All the yrs he and hope have given the show awesome ratings they deserve some gratitude… Would any of u work at a job that long without a raise or two??? I wouldn’t ! So producers cut the guy a well earned cheque and get on with the show!!!

January 22, 2014 at 4:07 am
(107) DEE says:

I HOPE BO DOESN’T LEAVE. I’VE BEEN WATCHING IT EVER SINCE HE CAME ON THESHOW. HE AND HOPE ARE TWO OF MY FAVORITES. I’M ALREADY SADDENED THAT WILL IS GONE,BUT I UNDERSTAND HIM WANTING TO GO TO COLLEGE. EDUCATION IS CRITICAL IN TODAYS ECONOMY, BUT TO HAVE BO LEAVE WILL BE A HARD BLOW TO SO MANY FAITHFUL WATCHERS.DON’T LET HIM GO”"”"”"”"”"

February 16, 2014 at 6:21 pm
(108) Diana says:

I was wondering where Peter has been. Like many other fans I would hate it if Bo was off the show. Bo and Hope are forever, and I have to say that I love Elvis (EJ) and Sami together. That new guy that’s on now where his kid is being bothered by Ciara, I hope they don’t think about putting hope with him.