1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives' Comings and Goings

By May 29, 2012

Joseph MascoloHere's the latest casting news, the up to the minute comings and goings, from Days of Our Lives:

Bad news for Joseph Mascolo fans. Stefano turns up "dead" on June 4, when Roman finds his body in the DiMera mansion. The official word is Mascolo is exiting the soap, but, come on, how many times has that happened before? My money is on The Phoenix rising and Mascolo returning, yet again.

After hearing about Gabi's stalker for weeks, he's about to  materialize. Caleb Hunt, begins airing as Andrew, a photographer's assistant Gabi hires to play the guy who's been lurking after her, on May 31.

Brant Daugherty, formerly of Pretty Little Liars, will make his debut as Brian on July 2. He'll play a friend of Sonny's and be involved in story with Freddie Smith and Chandler Massey (Will). When last questioned about that story, Massey noted that he'd taped some scenes with Daugherty, but didn't know what was going to happen. "[The writers] could take it in any direction," he said. "They've painted the story with very broad strokes.

As Molly Burnett's (Melanie) contract inches closer to expiring, rumors abound that the actress isn't re-signing with the soap. Burnett joined Days in 2008. Since joining the show, she's guest starred on True Blood, Good Luck Charlie and CSI: New York and may wish to pursue a career in nighttime and film.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

May 29, 2012 at 8:50 am
(1) BLONDIE says:

what a loss if stefano leaves for good, he is such a good actor and has carried the part for many years.
i sure hope they don’t let melanie go and keep gabi, what a slap in the face that woud be for real loyal fans who watch daily. i am so done with gabi and her none acting skills, she shoud have been let go before anyone else. she couldn’t even act when she was working with chandler. please kill her off by her made up stalker or the guy who killed molly’s dad.

May 29, 2012 at 10:13 am
(2) Laurence H says:

Yeah, I see Stefano’s death as being permanent, this time….he’s obviously retiring and I wish him the best. The question is, who is going to replace his presence on the show? Surely not Ian, who I see the Phoenix being passed on to….and yay, more Will and Sonny….I think they should fight to keep Molly Burnett because she is only one of a handful of people that can act….if they’re worried about money, they should get rid of Abby and Gabi’s characters.

May 29, 2012 at 10:17 am
(3) Elena says:

I believe Stefano will be back in a few months, according to SOD. Gabi is truly a worthless character. Everything possible should be done to keep Melanie–she’s a great character who adds so much to Days.

May 29, 2012 at 10:33 am
(4) Janelle says:

As long as Joseph Mascolo is still alive and Days is still on the air, there are no guarantees where Stefano’s death is concerned. The rise of The Phoenix is ALWAYS out there as a possibility!

May 29, 2012 at 10:42 am
(5) nathan says:

You people love to dog Gabi!! Give it a rest! She is beautiful and talented. Do you not like her because she is hispanic? The show needs some diversity! Melanie is cute and all but lately she aqcts like she’s sleepwalking through her lines! When she speaks you can hardly hear her!

May 29, 2012 at 12:19 pm
(6) Tom Tom says:

I’m with you Nathan. I love Gabi. She’s one of the best young actresses on the show. The problem is the writers haven’t given her a decent storyline in months. Since her romance with Will ended — which she was very good in, by the way — it’s been all this Chad/pretend stalker nonsense. Please new writers, give her something meaningful to play. Camila deserves it.

May 29, 2012 at 12:23 pm
(7) Voice of Reason says:

the character of Gabi adds nothing to the show. She has no purpose. She is very beautiful but who cares what she looks like? She doesnt have a job (that we see) she doesnt go to school (that we see) she doesnt have a stalker either. All she does is whine to Chad. I do love the scenes with Will & Gabi where he is non-chalantly calling her out on her stalker…love Will!

May 29, 2012 at 1:03 pm
(8) AC says:

DOL without Stefano would finally make me an EX DOL fan…
And please keep Melanie–one of the best actresses on the show!

May 29, 2012 at 1:27 pm
(9) Daysfan says:

Buh-bye Melanie. Good luck Molly, but I won’t miss Mel for a second.
Would rather see EJ dead and gone than Stefano.
Love Gabi. Give the girl a real storyline with a real love interest.

May 29, 2012 at 2:12 pm
(10) CQ says:

if Stefano leaves the program, I am sure he will return later. Since no one knows that EJ is not his son, except Lexie, he can take over the Dimera business without a problem. I have been here since the beginning and I hope to be here for many more DOOLs.

May 29, 2012 at 3:54 pm
(11) Midge22 says:

I don’t see Joe coming back. He’s been doing this for so long and at 83 and not looking a bit of it, he is actually tired and I’ve heard he has had some health issues. You have to let a person have their rest eventually.

I love Molly and hope she does stay on the show. She is a breath of fresh air and sunshine. She gives us some comic relief at times and her chemistry with Casey is so right on. I also like Kate(Abigail) very much and hope she stays. I’m afraid I am on the anti-Gabi bandwagon though. She really needs to polish her acting skills and her showing of emotion. She seems so wooden most times.

May 29, 2012 at 4:03 pm
(12) Booberry says:

Its about time Stefano went down! I’m so tired of him always getting off scot free!

May 29, 2012 at 5:04 pm
(13) Laurence H says:

Wow, Nathan…is THAT really where you decide to go? On race? Well, I can’t speak for the rest of the anti-Gabis but as a black and gay man, I can honestly say that race is not why I don’ t like Gabi….I actually don’t like the actress that plays her…I would much rather prefer the original Gabi to this one….and I would love for Arianna to come back, but she’s dead…..how about Brandon Walker, Nicole’s biracial brother and Abe’s oldese son? Take your race blinders off and maybe you’ll see that people can make assessments beyond skin color……

May 29, 2012 at 5:10 pm
(14) Gigi says:

I hope that they pay Mel to stay and get rid of Gabi. I love Mel!

As for Stefano, he’ll get bored and come back one day. lol Alice always came back so why can’t stefi?

May 29, 2012 at 10:35 pm
(15) Bill Anderson says:

Laurence H,

I’m a days fan also and I consider myself pretty much gay but I’m not totally gay since I do find women some what attractive. Although if I have a choice to have Brady,Bo,Jon or Will in the sack or have Hope,Nicole,Kate,Gabi or Sami in the sack, I’ll take Brady,Bo,Jon and Will. The women I would only take if I couldn’t get the guys in bed.

May 30, 2012 at 2:21 am
(16) Brody The Surfer Dude says:

EJ DiMera,I have no sympathy when you squander away a dream millions have and you’re fortunate to live but throw it away one dumb, selfish decision after another. Dude you’re 40, time to grow up

May 30, 2012 at 8:43 am
(17) Donald says:

Way to go Laurence H. I’m with you 100%. How did race come into this issue? She’s not a good actress. Keep Melanie and ditch Gabi. Stefano can’t die. The show would die. Interested in seeing out the writers are going to do next…..dun…dun….LOL

May 30, 2012 at 8:43 am
(18) Donald says:

May 30, 2012 at 12:34 pm
(19) Tracy says:

So I come back to work from a beautiful long weekend and what do my eyes read… one of my faves Melanie is leaving the show! Then I come to this website and find out Stefano may be leaving.. I SWEAR to GAWD that it is bad enough Mel is being let go (one of the BETS actors since Chelsea) then you let my fave all time villian leave salem too. I may stop watching. The writers and higherups better step up and do the right thing and keep the BEST PEOPLE ON THIS SHOW> Mel leaving is so sad as I love her but NOW STEFANO.. Dear Writers,.. YOU ARE CRAZY and If this happens, you will LOSE THIS SHOW and VIEWERS!!!!!!!!! Please think about what you are doing. You were lucky he resigned w/DAYS and now if you let him go,, kiss his butt goodbye forever as he will NEVER COME BACK and the PHONIX will forever be dead.

May 30, 2012 at 2:40 pm
(20) Cassie says:

Love Melanie on the show. She is definately one of the best actresses that Days of Our Lives has. I think that Gabi is a horrible actress and they should get rid of her and keep Melanie. Melanie brings a lot to the show and it will not be the same without her.

May 30, 2012 at 2:49 pm
(21) JoJo says:

Dont go Joe,I will miss you sooooo much,
kill off EJ and Joe you stay.

so we have Stefano Lexie Carrie Austin Madison Shane/gone Jack Ian
Mel ,,, I want miss any of them,but Stefano :(

May 31, 2012 at 12:57 am
(22) Lisa Verano says:

WOW WOWN DOUBLE I HATE GUNS WOW. I just saw a “Days of Our Lives” Promo with four actors and actresses shooting guns. If you are going to profit from gun violence, show the bodies massacred by gun violence. Show the beautiful young model with half her head blown off, show the 15 month old baby destroyed in body by a bullet, we dare you to show the reality of your moronic actors and actresses—-show the blood and guts from a real gunshot(AND THE REAL SOUND)—otherwise don’t use a gun to get a paycheck, unless yu visit the Los Angeles morgue—where 30-60 REAL Americans end up every month because of your moronic education—yes you educate Americans in gun violence. Check out LA Time HOMICIDE PAGE.

May 31, 2012 at 11:21 am
(23) lou says:

good riddance stefano. i won’t miss you. I will hate to see melanie and the others leave though.

May 31, 2012 at 11:47 am
(24) StewartsMOM says:

Wow love reading all the comments have been a Days fan for 30 years. Sad to hear about some of the cast leaving. Days has done alot in the past few years to make themselves a better show but in my opinion the need to get back to what worked in the 80`s and 90`s. The writers need to in my opinion restructurize their formate. Hope, Bo, John, Marlana, and others in that generation need to progress to the heads of the family like Tom, Alice, Caroline, Shawn. Their children should be taking on the roles that they use to have and so on and so forth. I feel that Days is relying on the supercouples of the past to make t it work and not using the incredible cast hat they have the only 2 actors that are getting good story lines in the younger generation is Sami and Ej and I love them but come on Brady, Nicole, Lucas, Carrie, Austin, Madison all need better storylines. Instead of getting rid of good actors get rid of the bad writers and get better ones. Stop relying on the vets to carry the show showcase the younger talent to move the show into the futre.

May 31, 2012 at 1:07 pm
(25) Janelle says:

Tracy, it’s ok. There’s still hope! Take a deep breath and relax. I really don’t think that having Stefano die guarantees that he’ll never return. Obviously I have no guarantees that he WILL return, either, but I think it’s a definite possibility. Periodically going away and then coming back is his signature trademark. That’s how Stefano got the nickname “Phoenix” in the first place. According to the people who count this sort of thing, he’s already “died” TWELVE times during his FIVE stints on Days. My suggestion is to just sit back, enjoy the whodunit, and start speculating on how they might bring him back from the dead again this time.

June 12, 2012 at 3:43 pm
(26) aj says:

Why is Gabi being so stupid shw should get a life or leave

June 20, 2012 at 9:39 pm
(27) Paul says:

I hope some other girl beats Gabi in the fight for Chad, presuming Melanie is soon exiting. Seems to me there are better ways to win at romance than to pay a stalker.

June 21, 2012 at 10:14 pm
(28) Jan says:

Can someone please tell me who sang the song at the end when Lexie died? And Abe and Theo are looking at the photo album “One more day”. Not sure if that is the name. It is a female singing. It .left me in tears.

Thanks

June 28, 2012 at 10:09 pm
(29) Betty Cosley says:

I have been watching DOL since 1967 my children grew up watching this also. Suzann Rogers is from my little home in Colonial Heights, Va.. I worked with her dad at the post office in Petersburg and Richmond, and my youngest daughter went to SRMC Nursing School where her mom was the dorm mom. My daughter actually met her there one day when she was visiting her mom in about 1993 I still have the autograph she sent me. I will miss Stefano, but either way I will never forget the very handsome Joseph M. he was and always will be missed on DOL. As far as Gabi she adds no meaning or purpose to the show her character does things a 12 year old would dream of doing. The only other complaint I have always had is this why in the world does the character John Black talk a lot in a whisper it is very irritating. I will complain no more only wish all the characters well and I hope if Joseph M. is leaving that he is healthy and enjoys his retirement. I guess it will not be long before Victor also considers retiring . Good Luck to all actors and actresses and keep up the good work

June 29, 2012 at 11:58 pm
(30) Becky says:

If Stefano does not come back to Days, I won’t be watching anymore. And keep Melanie, but let Marlena and John leave. Marlena acts like a person I would never want as a friend. There is no good storyline for Marlena and John, and they don’t add anything enjoyable to Days.

July 6, 2012 at 7:45 pm
(31) deb says:

What is going on at DOOL? I have been a fan since 1969…Seems like there are so many scenarios and cast changes galore! We need some stability. I need too feel they are getting on with the storyline instead of changing direction at every turn. Is this a sign that the end is near? I hope not. I truly love the essence of the story.

July 11, 2012 at 2:54 pm
(32) rhonda says:

Don’t go for good Stephano. We love you. You are the show. No villian is as great as you are. And I agree with you all about Melanie. Keep her and let Gabi go. I can not stand her. This has gone on long enough. Wish Bo wasn’t leaving too. He will be missed so very much. Ian can go. Sorta tired of Madison and Brady too. And love Nichole and Daniel. And for Rape I hope he finds someone too. And I love Sammy and Lucas.

July 18, 2012 at 5:42 pm
(33) DEAF LADY says:

this is [ deaf lady[ i want to tell thaqt i am not enjoy to watch day of live becauseof rafe did to date with sister in law i dont like to show this show beacuse of thiis and bad example to peoples they can learn from this ahould stop this show no more i hope soon i feel sorry for sami and unhappy all time shame of family hurt her alsso ALL FRIEND TOO I DONT CARE IF YOU SHOW THEM WHAT SAY I LO VE TO WATCH RAFE SHOE I THINK HE SO CUTE I LIKE FOR RAFE GO BACK SAMI THEY ARE LOOK GOOD WITH THEM THANK YOU

July 25, 2012 at 3:28 pm
(34) Tami says:

It’s about time Stefano finally died for good. I am ready for some new blood and a more realistic story line. There was blood, bullets–no one comes back from a body bag. I hope Kate killed him and she can be taken off the show too.

July 25, 2012 at 5:30 pm
(35) josie says:

i love Molly Burnett I hate to see her go. Her character is very refreshing.I hope Joseph M. returns as well he;s a great actor.

July 25, 2012 at 9:06 pm
(36) Verna Hooks says:

The storyline with Gabi and Chad is ridiculous. Its been dragging too long without nobody realizing Gabi is the instigator/ So unrealistic!
Her acting skills need polishing before she should be given another plot. She seems mechanical lol. I enjoy Melanie and Chad and think they make a good couple. I wish Melanie would remain and they cultivate a long relationship. Additionally, Carrie should return back to Salem without Austin so she can resume a relationship with Rafe; they have chemistry together.

August 1, 2012 at 8:01 pm
(37) Vivian says:

Please bring Stefano BACK . I just love Stefi.

August 1, 2012 at 8:01 pm
(38) Vivian says:

Please bring Stefano BACK . I just love Stefi.

August 2, 2012 at 7:03 pm
(39) Bell Watts says:

want molly burnett to stay with days

September 24, 2012 at 12:25 pm
(40) Justin says:

hello!,I loνe your writing sо so muсh!
ѕhare ωe keep up a cοrresрondence more about your article on ΑOL?
I require a ѕpecialist in this house to ѕοlνe my ρroblеm.
May be that is уou! Hаvіng а looκ
forward to peеr you.