1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Coming and Goings

By June 5, 2012

Judi EvansRead on for the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives:

It looks like Sami's long missing twin brother, Eric, is heading back to Salem. Soap Opera Digest is reporting that auditions have begun to recast the role created by Supernatural star, Jensen Ackles. Ackles portrayed the character from 1997 to 2000. According to the magazine, soap alumnus Greg Vaughan (ex-Lucky, General Hospital; ex-Diego, The Young and the Restless) was among the actors who tested for the part.

Jesse Kristofferson, the real-life son of singer/songwriter Kris Kristofferson, returns as Neil, the guy Will shared a passionate kiss with, on June 19 and 20. "He's a good guy and a good friend of mine," reports Chandler Massey (Will), who was glad to work with Kristofferson, again. So does Will explain his abrupt reaction to their kiss to Neil, this time around? "I guess that's up to interpretation. Personally, I don't think so," says Massey.

Good news for Justin and Adrienne fans. Inside sources reveal that Wally Kurth and Judi Evans will be getting more screen time. The pair will be involved in a meaty storyline with their TV son, Freddie Smith (Sonny), in the upcoming months. In the interim, Kurth returns in June to offer legal aid to a character in need.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

June 5, 2012 at 8:55 am
(1) jerry says:

So happy to hear Justin, Adrienne and Sonny will be on more soon!

June 5, 2012 at 9:08 am
(2) Voice of Reason says:

I loved the Eric character and loved Jensen Ackles too…I think Greg Vaughan would be perfect to replace him.

June 5, 2012 at 9:52 am
(3) casey bowring says:

no one is going to take jensen ackles place so bring him back

June 5, 2012 at 12:33 pm
(4) Emma Jo Rust says:

No way will Jensen ever come back. I sure hope they choose Greg Vaughn, He is a great actor. I still miss him on General Hospital!!!

June 5, 2012 at 2:52 pm
(5) Emmanuela says:

I wish they wuld bring back Brandon
Walker/Carver. So he could help his sister and his father abe.

I think they would also make a great storyline, with ej and brandon and lucas and brandon. xD

June 5, 2012 at 5:54 pm
(6) Sarah says:

Love the news about Justin and Adrienne. Have missed seeing Justin/Adrienne/Sonny together. They always had great scenes together, a wonderful little family. Thank you Days for giving them all more screen time!

June 5, 2012 at 8:22 pm
(7) Gigi says:

Glad to hear that Sonny & family will be on more. Thx Days!

June 6, 2012 at 8:04 am
(8) jean says:

ok I think that EJ and whos his real father should be a storyline. Carry needs to step up a little be wild. Sani should stay in charge of stepheno bussiness and become ruthless on the edge but she should also be a careing loving . I do not think EJ and or Rafe is sammys type. BO and hope needs a good stoyline one that can bring a firecracker romance between the two. Nichole needs to steal be the bad girl kind of but I think rafe and her should make a good match Daniel needs to be a little mysteries not so good he needs a new hot love one who wild a firecracker but honest . Chad and melody should spark up shes if let go a little can really bring in some real sparks with chad. Gaby shes can be a hot challege for a new man one thats not boring. We need more action and fire between new and old couples with the good plot

June 11, 2012 at 5:22 pm
(9) Barbara says:

Glad to see the Kirioskis family getting a story. Very under used actors.

June 11, 2012 at 5:29 pm
(10) betty says:

i cant see any one but jensen ackles playing eric brady he is hot and sexy but i know he is busy with my other show i love to watch supernatural. wish he could be on both shows.

June 11, 2012 at 6:50 pm
(11) Christina says:

Since I don’t even remember Eric, it is immaterial who comes into the part. And, mostly it could be anyone, in any part as a replacement. It is/was done all the time. You writers should have done it with Lexie. Thank goodness for fast forward–all that crying and dragged out death scene is getting on my nerves already. The actress wanted to leave, why the over the top drama? Geesh,enough already.

June 11, 2012 at 7:27 pm
(12) Valerie says:

I liked Jensen Ackles too but come on he only played the part for 3 years and that was 12 years ago… i think we should give whomever a chance. It will be nice to have Eric back in Salem. Now bring Carrie back. With or without Austin, I don’t care.

June 11, 2012 at 7:59 pm
(13) Marsha says:

I’ve been waiting FOREVER for Justin and Adrienne to have airtime…how about a new concept…quantity AND quality? Write them some good scenes, for crying out loud! Don’t waste all that talent.

June 11, 2012 at 9:29 pm
(14) judi says:

Jean, learn english or use spell check. Hard to read what you wrote.

June 11, 2012 at 11:53 pm
(15) doolfan27 says:

About damn time, Like them so much more then alot of these new actors, Can’t wait to see you both back.

June 12, 2012 at 12:02 am
(16) Jean M. says:

I agree, Jean learn how to spell. Makes the rest of us look bad.

June 12, 2012 at 12:02 am
(17) Jean M. says:

I agree, Jean learn how to spell. Makes the rest of us look bad.

June 12, 2012 at 12:03 am
(18) Jean M. says:

I agree, Jean learn how to spell. Makes the rest of us look bad. This has not been said before.

June 12, 2012 at 12:28 am
(19) doolfan27 says:

Glad to see Justin & Adrienne coming back . Two people that can act. Maybe you can bring Victor & Maggie back too. Where is Brady too?? We are missing all of them. Please no more new actors, Could care less about Eric or Sean D. If they act like did on GH. No thanks.

June 12, 2012 at 12:59 am
(20) Kell says:

Yessss bring brandon back Sammi needs some spark lol