1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives' Renee Jones Remembers Life as Lexie

By June 14, 2012

Renee Jones Renee Jones says goodbye to daytime, next week, when her beloved Days of Our Lives character succumbs to a brain tumor.

Jones has fond memories of life as Lexie; a long, complex ride that began in 1993. You can read the story, here.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

June 14, 2012 at 7:05 am
(1) Laurence H says:

This whole thing as well as the mood of the last several episodes has just been way too much….it’s depressing, it’s long drawn and top of that, it’s just bad writing. Lexie didn’t have to die…..how many characters have left this show never to be heard from again or acknowledged? It’s not like people would have noticed that she was gone or missed her….this is just a dark ending to her character. Peter Reckell is leaving, Molly Burnett, Matthew Ashford, Joseph Mascolo, some other people I don’t care about…..I don’t care how cruel I sound for saying this but I am glad that this story comes to an end next week.

June 14, 2012 at 7:58 am
(2) BLONDIE says:

i am sorry to say that i for one am sorry that renee is leaving the show. i think her exit has been great, anyone who has dealt with someone in her health state that knew they were going to die does it on there terms and not the doctors. it is not to late for lexie to leave and go somewhere to be alone. then when renee comes to here sinces and finds out retirement is as fun as she thought it would be can come back home again. best of luck renee

June 14, 2012 at 3:11 pm
(3) Dee21 says:

I commend Renee Jones on her retirement and wish her all the happiness and best. She has had her time in the limelight and worked many years and now she wants to live a real and very down to earth life with her family in Georgia. I’ve loved her Lexie character and feel she brought a lot of her real self into the role. She is a sunny, personable and lovely lady. I hope they don’t try to woo her back or get another to protray her character. It would be insulting and in bad taste and writing. Sometimes, even in the fantasy world of soaps, you cannot bring the dead back to life.

June 18, 2012 at 3:55 pm
(4) dee says:

Renee wants to retire, good for her. Abe’s character could do with a new love interest. Also if Bo goes, there would be tremendous possibilities for Hope’s character to love again and all kinds of storylines, for her to change it up a bit and get a little reckless before finding another love. And if Joseph wants to retire..good for him, leaves the door wide open for EJ to step into the shoes of villan extrodinaire. Just saying, All kinds of possibilities for Kayla, Hope, Abe, Jennifer, Brady, bring on some more actors and let the new Era of Days begin. Keep Maggie and Victor as the new Tom and Alice and let the games begin.

June 20, 2012 at 7:57 am
(5) Tekesha says:

I am going to miss you Renee on the show.
Are you going to be on other shows or movies?

June 21, 2012 at 9:59 pm
(6) Rhonda says:

I ama trying to find out the song that played today Thursday June 21st about “One Last Wish”. Who is the singer and what is the whole name of the song.

June 25, 2012 at 6:39 pm
(7) Rhonda JOnes says:

I am trying to find out the whole name of the song that was played for Lexie the day she died. It was something like One Last Wish. Who sings it?

June 27, 2012 at 3:03 pm
(8) Jo says:

Does anyone know the name of the song played during lexi’s exit as they remembered her time on days?

July 1, 2012 at 12:21 am
(9) mimi says:

I am so upset about the leaving of Renee. IT FELT SO REAL. Good luck to her and enjoy life. Poor Abe he too is so sad but I think he and Kayla are becoming close

July 3, 2012 at 2:54 pm
(10) Marnie says:

PLEASE tell us the name of the song played in Lexie’s memory. “If I could have one last wish”. Who is the singer? HELP!
Thanks

July 20, 2012 at 9:35 pm
(11) Patty says:

What is the name of the song played June 21st?

July 31, 2012 at 9:11 pm