1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Spoilers July 2 to 6

By June 30, 2012

Eric MartsolfMonday, July 2

Rafe re-questions EJ about Stefano's murder and challenges him to take a lie detector test.

Sami erupts, when she learns Carrie is pregnant and assumes Rafe is the father.

Sonny wonders if EJ killed Stefano, but Will doubts he'd murder his own father.

Sami confronts Rafe demanding to know why he kept the truth about Carrie's pregnancy from her.

DVR Alert: Will reads the document disclosing that EJ is not Stefano's son.

Tuesday, July 3

Will hints to Sonny that his situation with EJ is about to change.

Rafe denies Sami's accusations, insisting he never slept with Carrie.

EJ tells Rafe there's no need for him to take a lie detector test, since there's no evidence linking him to Stefano's murder.

Carrie assures Austin he's the father of her child, but admits she's struggling with her feelings for Rafe.

Nicole questions Daniel about his past relationships.

DVR Alert: Will tells EJ he's calling the shots, now that he knows EJ isn't Stefano's son.

Wednesday, July 4

Will demands EJ return his car and apartment and give him a position of power in the DiMera empire.

Determined to keep Will from going to the police with his paternity secret, EJ gives in to Will's demands.

Andrew begins developing an attraction to Melanie.

Melanie dreams of Chad rescuing her.

Rafe asks Carrie if staying apart is the right thing, when they care so much about each other.

DVR Alert: Gabi is horrified to learn Andrew has been holding Melanie captive.

Thursday, July 5

Andrew convinces Gabi that he could implicate her as the brains behind Melanie's kidnapping.

Madison is skeptical, when Brady reveals his theory that Ian has been drugging him.

Despite Ian's denials, Kate continues to suspect Ian of sabotaging Brady.

Gabi realizes she has no choice and agrees to move forward with Andrew's plan.

Abigail confides in Kayla about her growing feelings for Cameron, while Cameron tells Abe how much he likes Abigail.

DVR Alert: Brady buys drugs and prepares to give in to temptation.

Friday, July 6

EJ arrives at the Salem PD, announcing he's ready to take the polygraph test.

Suspecting Nicole has feelings for Rafe, Daniel tells her he's no one's backup plan.

A desperate Carrie tries to push her thoughts of Rafe aside, but is unable to make love to Austin.

After not hearing from Brady all night, Madison and Maggie fear the worst.

Brady refuses to use the drugs he bought and vows to get his life back on track. †

DVR Alert:
Austin interrupts Carrie telling Rafe how hard it is to stay with her husband, when she feels so much for him.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Paul Drinkwater

Comments

June 30, 2012 at 7:14 pm
(1) nathan via shelby,ohio says:

Where is everybody at?? Sounds like a good week to me! Well since nobody likes Gabi but me they might as well turn her into a psycho type character like Jan Spears a few years ago. What do you think??

June 30, 2012 at 9:02 pm
(2) Big John Zues says:

I know this. I just ate 6 turkey wings, 3 turkey drumsticks, a big can of corn and a big tub of sweet potatoes and Im full!!!!! Now I will wait till Monday for Days to come on and see all the good drama.

June 30, 2012 at 9:45 pm
(3) Dee21 says:

Where were Maggie and Victor for Lexie’s service? Why is Dr. Dan not even mentioning Melanie’s departure? Kate wasn’t there either. Suprised Carrie and Austin weren’t there and Roman was missing as well as Rafe. Will should have been there and so should Sonny, Adrienne and Justin. And back to Melanie, she had a job as a nurse at the hospital so why would they not enquire as to her work absence seeing as her captor did not message them nor Daniel. As I know, too she had a part time gig at the spa which Maggie now owns and somehow we now never see the inside of it. Gabi is supposed to work there, too and we never see her working. Hell, we never see any of them working so much as talking on mobile phones and getting all up in each other’s business. Sami, for being a major CEO of a large Corporation along with Lucas never seems to be in the office and when she is and when any of them are at Titan, too all you see is a conference room and no palatial office with floor to ceiling windows. You never see Rafe’s place anymore. Chez Rouge needs a major overhaul from that over dated decor. For the matter of that, the Dimera mansion and Vic’s place need decor in a big way. What was with Hope’s, Kayla’s and Sami’s dresses? Dowdy! Also, the offices for the doctor’s which seems to be the only bit of hospital we see anymore and the offices for the cops are the same. Bad idea people. Hospitals are huge and police stations are larger with open areas and offices which are open to hallways via big windows. Hope that things improve.

July 1, 2012 at 10:42 am
(4) nathan via shelby,ohio says:

Dee21 you are one smart cookie! They need to hire you for this show right now!!

July 2, 2012 at 12:04 am
(5) big vic says:

ian is now in way over his head….wait until victor finds out this joker has been drugging his grandson….say goodbye ian…i guess ian is leaving the show in a box courtesy of victor k!!!…cant wait to put this old man in his place kiriakis style!!

July 2, 2012 at 1:22 pm
(6) Mickey says:

What a bunch of crap no wonder the ratings are down from a couple weeks ago. If this is what is in store for the summer Days should say goodbye now! The same boring actors and stories that people give a rat behind about. Days/NBC you are on the wrong path.

July 2, 2012 at 2:27 pm
(7) Maggs says:

This show is just sad we Rafe pretending to be John/Bo poorly I might add investigating with Agent Spencer pretending to be Shane what a joke! A rewrite of the old Days and done BADLY with card board cut-outs characters. Geesh, Days why use rip offs when you have the real deal there is no way in heck these want to be heroes cut it. Rafe has zero chemistry with his partner and their playing opposite James as EJ is a major joke. As for Dan bedding his pregnant patient is beyond disgusting and this is supposed to make us like them as a couple please!

July 2, 2012 at 2:40 pm
(8) patsy says:

LET Rafe and Carrie ride off into the sunset together .The two goody two shoes (joke) deserve to be together AT lest EJandSami dont pretent to be something thier not

July 2, 2012 at 3:29 pm
(9) Katy says:

I have to agree with both maggs and mickey Days stinks we are back to the same characters day in and days out that drove fans away last year. Who cares if Mel sucky comes back or not that whole S/L is just lame. Rafe is a bore and joke as a hero and whatís with bringing this Spencer character into Days when we have tried and true heroes on Days already. Dayís better catch on quick, they are tanking we havenít had any good new characters of Days since 2006. I find myself checking the spoilers something I never did before and seeing whether I will watch and other than Lexieís death I have been tuning out and it appears I will be doing that for the next two weeks! These may be Mar/Dar scripts but they have Tomlin and his minions written all over them! We are back to the same junk writing and producing that bought Days to its knees.

I have watched Days through thick in thin but I have lost interest these last two weeks have been the pits and the next two appear to be the same so I am checking out until or I should say if Days stops this insanity I will tune back There are more interesting thing to do then be put to sleep by Days every day at one!

July 2, 2012 at 5:00 pm
(10) Quinny says:

Patsy….Carrie already had her ride off into the sunset with Mike Horton??? Remember that….I think she should end up alone! That girl is never happy with what she has!

July 2, 2012 at 6:26 pm
(11) Peter says:

WOW! Thank you for these Spoilers, now I don’t have to wast a whole week watching this show. I hate EJ and Will so good week to tune out.

July 2, 2012 at 6:31 pm
(12) Lauren says:

Oh yes, we’re back to the same characters that nearly killed DAYS last Summer. Get it through your heads NBC, James Scott isn’t all that. There is a reason why DAYS has been spiraling downhill since James joined the show in 2006. All My Children were smart to fire him, wish DAYS would do the same thing. The EJ show is just unwatchable.

July 2, 2012 at 6:57 pm
(13) Janelle says:

Ditto everything Maggs & Katy just said about Rafe!!!!

July 2, 2012 at 7:24 pm
(14) jojojo says:

MORE LUCAS PLEASE,,,,,,
why is Lucas in town but missing in action?
more Bryan Dattilo/Lucas Horton

July 2, 2012 at 9:39 pm
(15) Dee21 says:

What also strikes me is the lack of industry on the show. People do more than work at a hospital, police station, coffee shop, pub or corporation. They represent so few walks of life and vocations. It seems the only three places to get food are the pub, Chez Rouge and The Horton Town Square. You never see inside those restaurants that are supposed to be there just the few tables in the main concourse. The actors have so little in the way of breadth and scope partly because the sets are too small and there is no real outside or real inside of buildings. The set can and does become as much a character as the people. Most other soaps have location shooting whereas Days stopped that long ago in favour of staid and boring sets with fake breeze. It’s just plain tacky people. Also, don’t these people ever grocery shop? Let’s have a grocery store scene or few. Let’s also see a bank, a dry cleaners, a copy/fax place, a fast food drive through. We never see people in cars anymore. It’s as if they magically appear into scenes with no visible way of getting there. I so wanted to see Will’s apartment and his car and him driving it. EJ’s apartment is Stephanie’s and Nathan’s old place rehashed. You also never see Sami’s bedroom nor her kids rooms. We never see where Kate is living or where Ian is staying and for a rich CEO, Madiosn could afford a penthouse and not just a basic hotel room. I’d love to see The Spot with a throng of people dancing and having a good time, too. Days you need to really step it up because you could have a show which keeps going if only you’d care enough to make better stories and better sets and locations.

July 2, 2012 at 10:29 pm
(16) Cassie says:

As far as the sets and all I am disappointed the way Days has fallen by the wayside regarding that. We finally saw Bo & Hopeís house which has always been a Days staple set for yrs. but not their kitchen or real bedroom. We saw Abe and Lexieís bedroom which was not their bedroom at all just a hodgepodges of set including Bo & Hope window that was over there bed it is laughable. Everything is done off screen even the love scenes except for the sick & twisted ones, we get people out of breath give me a break.

As much as I hate that what I want more are real characters again, real romance and love stories that are not sick and twisted. I want couples struggling to be together and not switching beds every couple of months. Days have also lost the economic differences that they once had; everyone has money even the 20 something. No one struggles Bradyís were working class, the Hortonís upper middle class and so on now every character is just like every other, these two dimensional characters are boring as hell. The ones that were different Days wimped them out or destroyed their core and made them unlikable. Days dumped their history and it is sad to watch this once exciting, romantic soap on its last legs.

July 3, 2012 at 9:11 am
(17) Trainbuff says:

Dee21,
You bring up some good points about the sets,locationa & cars. I remember the last few times cars were shown was in 2008. When Claire was taken that was a Ford van, then the cop was shot by a fake bullet was in a Crown Victoria (great car BTW). When the gang went to Ireland, Bo & Hope were seen driving a right hand drive car. The last time I’ve seen a car on the show was when Nicole & Taylor’s Mother died,Taylor & EJ (the first Taylor before Tamara B came back in the recast) were riding in a limo and that car was a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham( my Brother has one so I recognized it) which crashed off the road.

What I would like to see is the characters using a train or subway since I love trains (hence my name). Since Days is filmed in LA and LA has a subway they could use that as the subway in Salem,especially the Red line which is the one that was in the movie Speed. i don’t what anyone else thinks but thats what I would like to see.

July 3, 2012 at 11:07 am
(18) sue says:

I feel like Dee and Cassie make wonderful points , and I have been saying the same thing for a long time. I dont know what I would do if they took Days off but I do wish the writers would listen to us that have been watching Days through so many years of new writers.Cant any one know that we want more happy couples.More of the older actors in front lines.More stories like the good old days when Days won alot of emmys. If the show cant afford to pay them then get rid of all the new young ones that they dont need and they will have the money.Get Shane and Kim back Steve and Kayla and of course put John and Marlena on camera more often. Now theres a great show.I do like Nicole and Rafe.Find someone for Daniel and get rid of Sami, she cant ever find anyone anyway,
I could write more but I wont I do want to say Ive watched Days since 1968 and it used to be alot better

July 3, 2012 at 11:32 am
(19) Voice of Reason says:

I agree with all the above comments…there is more to peoples lives than bed hopping and murder! They need to focus more on the work aspect. They the hospital and restaurants and corporate offices for Titan and Dimera enterprises. I dont watch B&B or Y&R but there is a reason their ratings are so high…what is it? Do we need one of the Bell’s to consult with Days to get us back on track??? They seem to have the top 2 soaps right now. They are doing something right!

July 3, 2012 at 3:30 pm
(20) Quinny Number 2 says:

Maybe Days could partner with Kentucky Fried Chicken and put in a KFC Restaurant on the show as a place to go. I love KFC. Its my favorite and would love to see it on Days

July 3, 2012 at 4:46 pm
(21) mareebee says:

I agree with Maggs. This Dan/Nicole thing is disgusting! It’s like they needed someone to sleep with someone so they just picked out a couple at random, never mind that Nicole has a high-risk pregnancy. Idiotic writers – they must think the viewers are stupid or something. Put Nicole back with EJ – they deserve each. I really hope that after Jack leaves, that they would reunite Daniel and Jennifer.

July 3, 2012 at 5:47 pm
(22) Janelle says:

So…not a single mention of Bo or Hope all week? For that matter, not a single mention of John, Marlena, Jack, or Jennifer? And Abe, Kayla, and Maggie get a brief honorable mention for listening to or worrying about someone. Sad, Days. Very sad.

As Cassie & Sue pointed out, we’d like to see REAL relationships with depth & some longevity to them. We want real romance…with commitment behind it so it means something! I’m just beyond caring who Sami, Nicole, Daniel, and EJ have hopped into bed with this week or what the one-dimensional characters of Rafe or Gabi are doing.

For heavens sake, Days, get some balance back into your storylines so EVERYONE can get a taste of their respective favorites! If you just cater to a few & ignore the rest of us, you’ll find that just a few will remain viewers & the rest will start ignoring you.

July 3, 2012 at 10:50 pm
(23) michelle says:

all they do sleep with each other on days do something different .as for will and ej working fun to see i see more of ej fun to see give him know women . make it john is ej real dad it would fun to see bring back ej mom . as will he cool working with ej . let will ej good friends so will just like ej your fan

July 4, 2012 at 12:32 pm
(24) Park says:

I am so bored by Days these storyline are dull and what the hell are they doing there at NBC/Days, Where are the vets that had me tuning in since last September. These last couple of weeks have been terrible, Days blew it big time Lexieís death could have been a catalyst for some good stories where the vets are concerned; But Days blows it again and we are back to the same drivel that had me not watching last year. I think we need to change the word VETS to the *REAL DEAL* not these pathetic excuses for characters we are being force fed they do nothing but make me nauseous and tune out. Days is in such a sad state,

I knew when I heard Tomlin was returning, Days would loses fans and NOT gain them too bad Days learned nothing from the disaster that was 2008 until September 2011. I felt sorry for Mar/Dar having to clean up the mess that Days in. But at least they tried; they brought balance back to Days something it has been lacking for some time. No writer can make every story wonderful and yes some will fail however at least the *REAL DEAL* had air time and I tuned in!

July 4, 2012 at 8:04 pm
(25) Dee21 says:

I’ve got to say I am not at all sure nor too happy with where they are taking Will’s character now. I do commend Chandler on his acting though. He is amazing to watch. I love his bits of laughter and seemingly inappropriate smiles. It all works so well. But, making him into a villian is so retro Hollywood where anyone who was gay was instantly a bad guy or gal. I hope this is just part of the plan of Will to get EJ and to destroy the Dimera empire once and for all and that he will ultimately be a good guy.

July 4, 2012 at 10:03 pm
(26) Bandianni says:

My only comment, after watching Weds. episode is….If I have to watch mooney-eyed Rafe and sickening sweet Carrie explore why they aren’t together one more time, I am going to puke!!! And whatever happened to good, sweet Will? Gay or straight this new persona needs a spanking. He has, without a doubt, evolved into this obnoxious little man syndrome person.

July 5, 2012 at 4:08 pm
(27) BLONDIE says:

bandianni, i’m with you but after thursdays show i don’t know if i’ll even watch friday’s show. just sickening carrie needs to go sooner than later, she gives pregnant women a bad name for gods shake divorce auston and move on already. brady needs to grow up and act like a man drug addicts really don’t act that way, for someone as addicted as he is supposed to be, an affair with a married women is the last thing he would be thinking about. the gabi thing is just stupid just like her character i hope it ends with her in jail and off the show. sorry nathan but i’m not the only one that knows she can’t act.

July 6, 2012 at 7:39 pm
(28) shygirl says:

I am relatively new to these postings but have been watching Days on and off for years. I have been saying much the same thing about the sets, the coupling and bed hopping, the boring writing and acting, the tired plots. I’m SICK of everyone being rich. We need to see people struggling. Sami lives off anyone she is with. So what if she has a job now. Only because Stefano wanted revenge against Kate that he gave Sami the job. i skim thru most of the show now. If I didn’t have a dvr I sure wouldn’t plan my days around Days like I used to.

July 7, 2012 at 11:33 pm
(29) threeaces says:

i am not in love with every episode of DAYS. i have been excited ever since they brought Steffano, Marlena, and John (ex..) back too. It is lotbeen better. I have been following the show since the early 80′s. these last two years, with few exceptions has been a dream come true. Stefano is not dead. out of the picture yes. for now. The poweer struggle between the brady’s, horton’s and diMira! the kiriaklas’ . this is good stuff Days fans. I have been saying BRAVO at least four time a month for the smart things happinning. man, it is awesome