1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Camila Banus on Days of Our Lives' Obsessive Gabi

By July 11, 2012

Camila BanusWhen Camila Banus joined Days of Our Lives in 2010, Gabi Hernandez was the epitome of sweetness and light. Unfortunately, it's been a rocky road for the young character; punctuated by finding out her first love, Will, is gay. It's no wonder the character has undergone a major personality switch.

Banus discusses the new obsessive Gabi, how she's acclimated, and a lot more, during a candid chat.

You can read the interview with her, here.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Michael Desmond

Comments

July 11, 2012 at 1:19 pm
(1) Laurence H says:

Just an awful character all around. I miss the old Gabi that was played by the original actress….this Gabi (Camila Banus) has a horrible delivery of her lines…she can’t act and then top that with this frontrunner storyline that completely destroys Melanie’s (Molly Burnett) character…it’s no wonder Molly left the show.

July 11, 2012 at 2:36 pm
(2) Dmitri says:

I think Cameron and Gabi would be good together, but I feel like Chad will end up with her after a few months. I just hope Chabigail is together. But I do enjoy Cameron and Abigail.

July 11, 2012 at 3:38 pm
(3) BLONDIE says:

gabi is terrible actor and actually has no connection to days besides the fact that she is rafe’s sister, which you would never know because they never have any scenes together(maybe he knows she is a terrilble actor too.) gabi was a terrible even when she was with will because she wasn’t the right girl for him. the only person gabi needs to get with is her stupid stacker/ they deserve each other. cameron is to smart to get paired up with a loser like gabi.

July 11, 2012 at 7:02 pm
(4) nathan says:

Blondie you are so predictable!! Yawn!!!

July 11, 2012 at 8:56 pm
(5) Dee21 says:

I actually am on the anti-Gabi train. Camilla needs to go back to acting school and study like mad or she needs to hang it up and do something else with her life. Outrageous that they get rid of Sarah Brown(Madison) and sad that Molly is leaving and yet Camilla stays. Gabi reminds me so much of those girls that take pictures in their bathrooms or public restrooms making a duck face with that sideline look. The kind of a girl who leaves statuses on FB like, “First 10 likes get a wave at school, next 10 get a drawing of a rose and next ten get a mention on my next status.” That is a typical shallow teen for you.

July 12, 2012 at 2:26 pm
(6) salemsister1 says:

are the b-team writers assigned to the Gabi detail? let’s get some reality here — she has morphed into an unbelievable character who, by the way, needs a tip or two from director on line delivery!

July 13, 2012 at 12:14 pm
(7) Holly says:

GABI SUCKS! THIS IS A TERRIBLE STORY LINE, I HOPE SHE GETS PUT IN HER PLACE AND EVERYONE INCLUDING CHAD ENDS UP HATING HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 13, 2012 at 1:23 pm
(8) Billie McCulley says:

I’m disgusted with Gabi. I wish she were leaving the show instead of Melanie. They ruined her character.

July 13, 2012 at 5:51 pm
(9) michelle says:

sheis to dumb to see

July 16, 2012 at 4:22 pm
(10) carla says:

fire the bitch let molly stay fire the new writrs they suck as well. this show is nothing about family anymore wth is days problem do they think they r gonna keep viewers this way? i mean hello what happened to holiday celebrations and such yes i know money may be an issue but cutting the wrong characters off and bringing back the snoozers is what’s hurting the show plus not paying attention to the fans. Days writers and prodeucers need a wake up call and listen to us or there will be no more fans to watch then where will they be but in the gutter. why keep characters on the show that have no storyline like caroline look at what they did with mrs h they talked about her but she was really off canvas in a nursing home in real life when she passed on is that what they r doing with caroline waiting for her to die b4 she is mentioned? How many times are they gonna bring back carrie and austin so sami and carrie can squabble like little kids ffs they r both adults now change the patterns .

July 16, 2012 at 6:34 pm
(11) Charlie I says:

I Don,t Like Gabi She Looks Like A Sneaky Cat. The One I Like Is Nicole She So Pretty And Does A good Job Acting.

July 16, 2012 at 6:50 pm
(12) maggie says:

I don’t like Gabie either. She is such a pathetic persosn in this part. Quite discusting really

July 16, 2012 at 6:51 pm
(13) maggie says:

She is really discusting why doesn;t she try to bet a boyfried on her own

July 16, 2012 at 6:56 pm
(14) Maryangela says:

WHEN are they going to get rid of Roman Brady and the imcompitent Salem PD that NEVER solves a case? If I have to live through any more of Roman Brady tapping his hands together and threatening to take down EJ by hissing through his teeth, dees, dems dos and dats, Im going to put my foot through the TV screen!!!!

July 16, 2012 at 7:36 pm
(15) wen says:

Camila Banus is one of worst actresses I have seen on this show and I have seen some bad ones. I guess they aren’t seeing what the viewers see. I also see how viewers get sick of these storylines being over done.

July 16, 2012 at 7:59 pm
(16) Barb says:

I don’t care for the character or the actress. I think she should leave Salen… probably in a police car !

July 16, 2012 at 9:08 pm
(17) Vonnie says:

I say get rid of Gabi. She is nothing but a connivng little brat. Instead of firing Jack, (I have always loved Matthew Ashford), they should have fired Gabi instead. She never really fit into the clan. All she ever really was is a sister to Rafe. It’s time for her to leave!!!

July 16, 2012 at 9:30 pm
(18) Charlie I says:

I Agree 100% Get Rid of Gabi I hope She Gets Locked up For Conspiring The Kidnap Of Melanie

July 17, 2012 at 1:52 am
(19) Sue says:

GET RID OF GABI!!!!!!!!! SHE NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!! CAN’T STAND HER AND WHAT SHE DID TO MELANIE!!!!!!!! SHE SUCKS AS AN ACTRESS!!!!!! LET HER ROT IN JAIL FOR HER CRIME AND NEVER BE SEEN OR HEARD FROM AGAIN!!!!!! I HOPE THE POWERS THAT BE READ THESE MESSAGES AND GETS RID OF HER!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2012 at 1:02 pm
(20) Mary says:

Gabi needs to go, how disappointed by her not having any skills in the acting field. I have watched DOOL from day 1 until the present time, yes I am a senior citizen who enjoys watching this show, o by the way this is the only soap for me. Please show her the door.

July 17, 2012 at 11:10 pm
(21) IRENE says:

All comments seem to really dislike Gabi—I wrote months ago and said get rid of her—- never liked her from day one—-and come on—is Stephano really really dead or not–came back to life before but is he REALLY dead this time? BIG question! And how about sending Carrie and Austin off to Switzerland for good—-I like Nicole as an actress I think she is very good at it—anyhow–DAYS I hope the show can continue—do not keep disappointing the fans and all will go well——

July 20, 2012 at 12:55 am
(22) alice says:

I don’t know why DOOL’s is keeping Gabi; her storyline is not good (and I agree with most of you – she is not a very good actor); I would prefer for Melanie (Molly) to stay; she has such a sweet demeanor and is sooooooo right for Chad.