1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Janet Di Lauro

Greg Vaughan Is Days of Our Lives' New Eric Brady

By August 11, 2012

Greg VaughanAfter weeks of waiting, NBC has finally confirmed that Greg Vaughan (ex-Lucky, General Hospital; ex-Diego, The Young and the Restless) is Days of Our Lives' new Eric Brady. EW.com reported the news, along with Vaughan's first air date: November 13.

Eric, who was last played by Supernatural star Jensen Ackles (1997 to 2000), has not been seen since he left Salem, after a near death experience. The character, however, has been occasionally mentioned by his twin, Sami, and mother, Marlena.

So what has Eric been up to for the past 12 years? "He's been a world photojournalist," Vaughan explained to EW. "He's just a guy who has a found a new direction in life... more so than what the audience expects. The question will most likely be, why he has chosen this new direction in life."

Vaughan started taping at Days on Wednesday, August 8, and immediately took to Twitter to share his thoughts about the gig.

"Great start of my week @nbcdays w/ my new mates @Ali_Sweeney @Ari_Zucker @DeidreHall @ericmartsolf @IamJamesScott @galengering heckling me," he tweeted. "And too all my other @nbcdays @Bryan_Dattilo @eileen_davidson @melissa_reeves @KJAlfonso @ChandlerMassey @laurenkoslow & everyone else ..."

Later, Vaughan added, "You've all made me feel tremendously welcome @nbcdays & I look forward to our journey ahead."

You can read the full EW article, here.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images

Comments

August 18, 2012 at 4:33 pm
(1) WILLA ROSE says:

I REALLY LIKED GREG WHEN HE WAS ON G.H. LOOK FORWARD TO A FAMILIAR FACE AND GREAT ACTOR. WELCOME GREG FROM A DAY’S SUPPORTER AND SUPER FAN OF DAY’S!!!

August 20, 2012 at 4:55 pm
(2) Kimber says:

Really.. isnt he Sami’s twin?? shouldn’t he at the very least be blonde??? not even,,, 42 yrs i’ve watched DAYS.. get more real..

August 20, 2012 at 6:44 pm
(3) Wojo says:

I am with you Kimber. When Eric left the show he was blonde and very good looking. Sorry but I am not able to see small pictures and I do not watch anyother soap opera other than Days of Our Lives.
Eric should be blonde and look a little closer to Sami, POOR ERIC.

August 20, 2012 at 7:04 pm
(4) michele says:

Just wait. While Jensen Ackles will forever be Eric Brady to me, I say give Greg Vaughan a chance. I think he actually looks like a grown up Eric. Loved him on General Hospital. If they give him quality stuff, he’ll knock it out of the park.

August 20, 2012 at 9:28 pm
(5) susieq says:

Well look at the actress playing the part of Abigail, she has those huge brown eyes and both her parents have blue eyes! The actress that play that part previously looked a lot like Jack and Jenn! Yes, they could do better when casting the actors. *Don’t even get me started on Sami’s twins-the girl is quite a bit taller than the boy and she has straight blonde hair and the boy has dark curly hair! Yes, I get that they have different dads but since they are the same age they could at least find a couple of kids that are the same height! LOL

August 20, 2012 at 9:58 pm
(6) steve2401 says:

As a fraternal twin with a sister, up until our late teens she was always taller. Now I am 5 inches taller than her so the height difference of the actors playing Johnny and Ally is realistic at that age.

August 21, 2012 at 2:38 am
(7) CRS says:

And FYI people fraternal twins are from two completely different eggs so they can come out and look completely different especially if it is a boy and a girl.

August 21, 2012 at 9:14 am
(8) Kelly says:

I have fraternal twin nephews age 7 and they look nothing alike. I also grew up with fraternal twins from K-8 grade. One was blonde and blue eyed and the other dark hair and brown eyes. It happens.
I also think Jensen IS Eric, but willing to give Greg a chance.

August 21, 2012 at 1:23 pm
(9) aj says:

wasn’t Eric Sami’s twin can’t you find someone more her age and Blonde

August 21, 2012 at 1:26 pm
(10) aj says:

the first Eric will always be Eric but am willing to give the second Eric a chance Good luck.

August 22, 2012 at 11:02 am
(11) Elaine says:

Why is Eric Matsoff leaving Watch Days with friends and we all like him very much. Disappointed !!

October 7, 2012 at 12:15 am
(12) Kate says:

GH never should have passed him over. Hopefully, DAYS can make use of him as the everyman good-guy role GH never appreciated they had in him while focusing on the disgusting serial killers/gangsters who were somehow supposed to appeal to us as leading men.

I hope Eric Brady is still a good guy with an edge, because that’s what us soap fans really want in our leading men!

December 27, 2012 at 2:20 pm
(13) alanna says:

Seriously people? Seriously,? Let me make a few points:
One Fraternal twins are dizygotic. They come from different eggs and look no more similar than any set of sibling,s they are just happen to be womb-mates. My twins are also girl/boy fraternal: she is red haired, blue eyed (think Merida from Brave) and he is brown haired and brown eyed and 4 inches shorter than she is. Fraternal twins don’t have lot look anything alike. (Heck Johnny and Ally are fraternal twins with different fathers which while a biological possibility is highly uncommon – which is to say it happens more often in soaps than it does in real life)
Two Greg Vaughn is 39 and Alison Sweeney is 36 at this point how can you look at them an tell they are that far apart in age.
Three Have e you people never watched soaps and seen the miracle age of children or swap of actors mid-scene?
Four How many times has Stefano died? or Marlena? or Roman? And this is the continuity problem that bothers you?
Five Have you seen Jensen Ackles on Supernatural? He’s not blonde anymore either.

June 24, 2013 at 7:44 pm
(14) Bobbyjus says:

if Greg looked in better i would eat him with sugar and cream lol I’m also 73 years old.

January 18, 2014 at 1:06 am
(15) Terri says:

Greg Vaughn is great as Eric. Does anyone think he could be Tom Brady’s younger brother? I’m a sucker for a cleft chin.

February 25, 2014 at 10:49 am
(16) Sunny says:

I look forward even more to watch Days since Eric came on the scene. He is hot and my evil side says he is even hotter as a priest!!

March 7, 2014 at 1:58 am
(17) eye cream acne says:

The new and special approach of treatment makes it distinct from other
health care unit. As medical science advances, more treatment
options are available. Eye medications and treatments can be quite costly.