1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Former Days Actor John Ingle Dead

By September 17, 2012

John IngleJohn Ingle, remembered to Days of Our Lives fans as Mickey Horton and to General Hospital fans as Edward Quartermaine, died on September 16, following a battle with cancer. The actor was 84.

Ingle's daughter, Jennifer, posted the following message on Facebook:

"Father, Husband, Grandan, Great Grandan, Brother, Uncle, Friend, Teacher, Inspirer, Mentor: May You Soar with the Angels. You will forever hold a special place in the deepest corners of our hearts. You were joy, light and love. Goodness at its very best. For the rest of our days, we will all do our best to continue to make you proud. Rest in peace and continue to spread your generous spirit in the heavens above."

Before launching his acting career in the 1980s, Ingle was a drama teacher at Beverly Hills High School and Hollywood High School. Among his most memorable and recognizable students: Nicolas Cage, Richard Dreyfuss and David Schwimmer.

Ingle took over the role of GH's Edward Quartermaine in 1993, after David Lewis passed away. He left the show in 2004 to take over as Mickey Horton on Days, a role he played until 2006. Later that year, he returned to GH and had been with the soap ever since.

Ingle is survived by five daughters, nine grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/Frederick M. Brown

Comments

September 17, 2012 at 3:29 pm
(1) Voice of Reason says:

Awwww that’s sad. I dont think he was the best Mickey, but he was a great Edward Quartermaine. RIP

September 17, 2012 at 3:56 pm
(2) Michele G. says:

So very sorry to hear of John’s passing. I really enjoyed watching his character over the years. I have been watching since 1977, when I was in grammar school. I send out my deepest sympathies to his family & friends & may he rest in peace.

September 17, 2012 at 4:50 pm
(3) sahihia says:

So sorry to hear of this families loss…Rest in peace Mr. Ingle.

September 17, 2012 at 5:38 pm
(4) Veronica Renna says:

So sad to hear of the passing of John Ingle, he was just on last week on GH. He will be missed, his Edward Quartermaine was great. It will be very sad when they write it into the script. RIP John.

September 24, 2012 at 8:44 pm
(5) Gigi says:

May you forever reat in peace. God bless you and your family.

“To live in the hearts you leave behind, is truly not to die”

September 26, 2012 at 12:24 pm
(6) joanne says:

He will be missed!! a great actor, my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

September 26, 2012 at 2:52 pm
(7) Janiebell says:

So sorry to learn of “Mickey’s” {as we Days of our lives will forever remember John” passing he will surley be missed.

September 26, 2012 at 4:49 pm
(8) marge chasse says:

RIP MR. INGLE, I ENJOYED YOU AS EDWARD QUARTERMAINE MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY RIP

September 29, 2012 at 5:39 pm
(9) Dr.emmell Beech says:

I feel very Bless and fortunate in life because I had the priviledge and pleasure to have known both John and Grace Lynn Ingle. I was a relatively new sixth grade teacher a Altadena Elementary school and one of my outstanding students was Jennifer Ingle, althogh it later seem that the whole family adopted me.John would give me motivational hints on how to present a lesson or put on a class play. Grace Lynn was beautiful, bright and committed to her lovely family. Over the years I’ve gone by the house that I use to visit but they had moved. I’ll always remember what a beautiful couple they were. May God Bless the girls always.
Dr. Emmell J. Beech

September 29, 2012 at 5:55 pm
(10) Dr.emmell Beech says:

I feel very Bless and fortunate in life because I had the priviledge and pleasure to have known both John and Grace Lynn Ingle. I was a relatively new sixth grade teacher at Altadena Elementary school and one of my outstanding students was Jennifer Ingle, although it later seems that the whole family adopted me.John would give me motivational hints on how to present a lesson or put on a class play. Grace Lynn was beautiful, bright and committed to her lovely family. Over the years I’ve gone by the house that I use to visit but they had moved. I’ll always remember what a beautiful couple they were. May God Bless the girls always.
Dr. Emmell J. Beech