1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By September 18, 2012

Molly BurnettHere's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives.

Molly Burnett's exit from the show is fast approaching. The actress will make her final appearance as Melanie on Friday, September 28. Be sure to tune in the entire week, as Burnett wraps her four year stint on Days and shares touching goodbyes with all the special people in her character's lives, including Maggie, Daniel and Brady.

Lise Simms steps in as Nicole's substitute ob-gyn, Dr. Sedwick, on October 4. Simms, a co-host and interior designer on Home & Garden Television's Desperate Spaces, was also the host of Style Network's Area. The actress is best known for her role as Phil's mom, Barbara, in the Disney Channel series Phil of the Future. Simms is also no stranger to daytime. She's had recurring roles on The Young and the Restless (as Connie Wayne) and Sunset Beach (as nurse Kathy Baker).

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

September 18, 2012 at 1:48 pm
(1) Marie says:

Oh good, won’t have to waste time watching next week. THanks for the tip. All the “goodbye” stuff is a wast of time and story line. Get Bo out of there too and let’s move on.

September 18, 2012 at 2:35 pm
(2) Ellie says:

Why is she leaving I enjoyed her so much will be a lost

September 18, 2012 at 2:48 pm
(3) Skippy says:

I haven’t been able to see Days since the middle of the Melaswen storyline about eight years ago until today- who the hell are all these new young people? I only knew Sami, Jennifer, and Nicole. Jennifer looks older now and Nicole looks fat. Where are John Black, Marlena Evans, and Kate Roberts? And when did Will turn gay?? I don’t want to see two men kissing and having sex. And I heard that James E. Reilly died?! His writing is why I got hooked on this show.

This isn’t the Days I remember. :(

September 18, 2012 at 3:14 pm
(4) KMD says:

Nicole is pregnant that is why she looks fat. Jennifer is in her 40′s. They still show John and Marlena and Kate. And they had Will turn gay this summer. They are always getting new characters on soaps. And Melanie ….Molly is leaving to do other things. Bo ….Peter already left but they tape months in advance.

September 18, 2012 at 3:33 pm
(5) DEBBIE says:

WENT TO A DAYS EVENT IN BOSTON MA LAST WEEKEND NICOLE “ARI” IS NOT PREGNANT IN REAL LIFE AND SHE IS REALLY NICE

September 18, 2012 at 4:34 pm
(6) Cindy says:

Well, Skippy…I’m sorry that you feel that way about Will’s story-line. I am actually finding it quite sweet. I, personally, have never watched a dramatized homosexual love story. Will’s coming to terms with his sexuality has been handled very well and I find I am not at all uncomfortable watching Will and Sonny start to find each other (and I thought I would be). When Will kissed another boy for the first time it was one of the most truly dramatic moments I’ve seen on Days in a long time.

I’m sorry Melanie is leaving; she’s become a really fun part of the show, though I would have liked her paired with Brady. As for Bo…I am at a loss as to how they are going to write him off without a dead or presumed dead story line.

September 18, 2012 at 6:51 pm
(7) shygirl says:

I will miss Molly too. I have always liked her but can’t blame her for leaving to try new things. Her match up with Chad was a big story mistake. I want to say how much I love Lucas. He is brash and not afraid to stand up to anyone and I love the way he does it. Like a real person would. I posted on another line that I’d like him to become a fiction writer—mystery/thrillers—and then get involved tracking down a serial killer in Salem. What a great story for him. Let him catch the killer. Please, writers, give this great guy a great storyline independent of Sam!

September 18, 2012 at 7:47 pm
(8) Skippy says:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not completely anti-homosexual love story. If it were Kate and Marlena? I’d become real accepting, REAL fast.

September 18, 2012 at 11:54 pm
(9) Steve Ungrey says:

I too will miss Molly on Days, but am looking forward to all of the exciting projects she has coming up on the horizon.

The last show she airs on is also my last show, as I am giving up on Days after over 25 years of watching. I wanted to stick around and see her exit, but quite honestly this is not the Days I grew up watching. Far too many exits, not enough entrances, and no story that really holds my attention.

It’s been a good run, Days. It’s time to get off the bus and let the haters steer the show toward the cliff.

September 19, 2012 at 1:30 pm
(10) Kevin says:

Yo Skippy comment #8,

Kate & Marlena, Sami & Nicole or Abby & Gabi in lesbian storyline would be awesome. THUMBS UP DUDE!

September 20, 2012 at 4:20 pm
(11) Dmitri says:

@Skipy, I hate that people are fine with lesbian relatinoships, but think that gay men being together is gross. It is a disgusting double standard.

September 20, 2012 at 9:21 pm
(12) rita says:

i think thaqt sami brady should get custody of her kids beaucse ej is going to pay for what he done to rafe he kidnapped him and and have this guy to give him a plastic sugery to look like him nd to make sure that sami should get divorce if ej could not make rafe the stp father of his kids and and then made a double life to begin with

he arrage his memoey and make sure he could not memory anyone that he love the most that he care the most of his sami kids they love him like he was his own

ej was rebbilbe for arhanna death and brady bash him for his flance death he have to get reveage on him ej get what comming to him and and sure he puts in jail for all of his crime and and to taking everyone life

September 20, 2012 at 11:18 pm
(13) Pamella Berry says:

James Scott should be the next James Bond. He is perfect for it and I would go so far as to predict he would be the best one ever!
I am also from England, Cheshire to be exact which is where Daniel Craig is from, however, I think Daniel is too short to be James Bond.
James Scott on the other hand is 6′ 4″, a damned good actor all around and would be perfect in the role. I have tried to contact Barbara Broccoli to this end but with no luck.
Someone pleeeeese get this to her.

September 21, 2012 at 12:03 am
(14) mp says:

rita that was years ago of fake rafe storyline but i agree with you but EJ was not responsible for Arianna’s death because she has proof that Sami shot EJ in the head while unconscious and she called EJ to meet her at the pub and Will try to stop her by going to EJ but Will scare her and run to the street. Will stop EJ going to Arianna until she got ran over by a car and Arianna try to tell EJ she has recording of Sami’s confession before she dies. Arianna was there for EJ when Sami shot him in the head and he believe her he was her lawyer to help her out but Rafe treat Arianna not acting his sister he was protecting Sami from EJ that’s why he did the same thing for Nicole protecting from EJ being a father to her unborn baby

September 24, 2012 at 5:17 pm
(15) Jeri says:

What happened to the spoilers for this week? I love to know what is going to happen in advance. It is not listed. The last one you have is for last week.

September 24, 2012 at 5:29 pm
(16) Carolyn says:

Can’t you all see EJ playing Mr. Grey from 50 Shades of Grey? Oh my Gos, what a hunk he is, and so sexy.

September 24, 2012 at 6:11 pm
(17) PicoRachel says:

I will miss seeing Melanie on the show!

September 24, 2012 at 6:59 pm
(18) Hawk says:

I love Will but not gay.He is a wonderful actor but I am sick of seeing
this kind of acting .Why do they have to make it so disgusting sorry but I’m from the old school of love between a man and woman.

September 24, 2012 at 9:16 pm
(19) PK says:

Old school? More like ignorance….love is love…no matter who you are…..it annoys me that people are so closed off and un-accepting of people…..I applaud DAYS….and enjoy the Will/Sonny storyline…I happen to live in the real world so keep an open mind.

September 25, 2012 at 7:10 am
(20) mamamiser says:

James Scott is a hunk. Lordy Lordy. Definately Christian Grey material. But he definately seems a little too proper to play him. More James Bond material. Sexy and brooding, my favorite qualities in a man.

September 25, 2012 at 1:35 pm
(21) Joanne says:

The kisses between Sonny and Will made me throw up!!!
After watching Day’s since the show first aired, I find this storyline replusive and I too am getting off the bus!!

September 25, 2012 at 3:11 pm
(22) Rosalie says:

I have watched Days from the beginning and agree 100% with Joanne.
It is REPLUSIVE !!! All family values are GONE… I’m sure Tom and Alice Horton are turning over in their graves with the storylines.

September 26, 2012 at 10:57 am
(23) jean says:

I have been watching Days almost since it aired. But they have gone too far with 2 guys kissing, not just a peck, but intense kissing. My grandson, he’s 12 & sometimes with me when not in school. He knows all about gays but actually know what they do sexually or see them kiss in public, no. Is the guys that play Will & Sonny gay? If not they R 1 hell of an actor to actually kiss each other on screen. Jennifer U R still beautiful at 40, Kate too many face lifts, Billie, still can’t get use to that mouth. I think my Days R over, too many come & go & getting down & dirty now. Sorry.

September 28, 2012 at 12:22 am
(24) susie says:

I too have watched DOOL since it started, way back when family values were on the show. True romance, respect for the viewer, and the nonsense that is being shown on the show now is sickening. I don’t think I will be watching much longer. The good characters have been written off and there is not much to watch anymore.

September 28, 2012 at 2:15 pm
(25) jean roberts says:

I have watched days for years.its a very good story line at times.taking melanie an bo off the show is big mistake.after all these years I plan on exiting.

October 2, 2012 at 8:29 pm
(26) sandra says:

i too have watched from the start.the writers must be gay and trying to change the story line in their favor. i know they say gays have a gene that make it normal but i can’t help but wonder how many people that say they are gay have actually been tested for the gene or just decided one day they were gay. the will and sonny thing should be stopped. all the good long time players have been written of except stefino he’s come back so many times it makes me mad.
enough is enough , when u fire the writers and get back to the horten and brady family stories email me as of now i’m gone.

October 7, 2012 at 1:09 pm
(27) Penny says:

I’ve watched Days of Our Lives since it’s beginnings. Except for my working years. What happened with the good family morals it once had. It’s turned into trash. Nothing is left for the imagination. They,ve really gone too far by bringing gays into the scence. We are having immoral things stuffed down our throats. We wonder why this country has gone down the sewer. People watch these disgustung story lines & think that’s how you are to live your life. Might as well include satan himself in the story line because that’s where it’s heading. It’s time I say bye bye to the show too

October 8, 2012 at 1:44 pm
(28) erica says:

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but it’s sad when people are using the storyline on a soap to gay bash. It’s OK to feel a liile uncomfortable if you are not used to seeing two people of the same sex kissing. However, two consenting gay adults have the right to fall in love, same as straight people do. We are still part of the human race underneath all the labels society slaps on us, and should be tolerant of who people choose to love. After all, should it be anyone’s business anyway? Lets try to be more tolerant and less judgemental of one another. Most of us probably have a gay relative or friend, statiscally speaking. We just may not realize it. I think it’s good that days is being realistic with will’s storyline, and I commend them for it.
And no I’m not gay, I’m just a married female in get 30′s who simply belives we love who we love.

October 8, 2012 at 11:35 pm
(29) LEE says:

I am a 71 year old woman who has been watching DAYS since the beginning and will continue to watch although I must say that I am very sorry to see Melanie leave. She was one of my favorites. I wish her success and hope to see her in other venues.
As for the storyline of Will and Sonny, I applaud the writers for dealing w/ a subject that is relevant today in such a realistic and sensitive way. It is amazing to me to read ignorant and bigotted individuals use the excuse of family values and morality to cover their unchristian attitudes. Discrimination in any form is disgusting. What is moral about casting aspersions on people who God has created? And to be clear, I have been married to the same man for 47 years, reared six intelligent, successful, and non judgmental children and am a proud grandmother of six. Instead of exiting DAYS viewing, the gay bashers could learn a lot if they would listen w/ an open mind to the words that are spoken by Will and Sonny and really understand the character development of this loving couple.

October 11, 2012 at 12:46 am
(30) Serena says:

I think the story of Will’s journey has been fantastic, well written and beautifully played. I applaud Days for the honest treatment of Will’s struggle and his ultimate victory, being himself, adorable, quick witted, funny and gay. Oh and most of all… crushing on an equally awesome guy like Sonny. And to the Bigots… grow up and get over it. Watch something else, Leave Days to people who enjoy it. Also..the Idea of Lucas as a crime-solving writer?? AWESOME!! love-it>

October 13, 2012 at 6:36 pm
(31) Vicki says:

So funny how the older generation that has been “watching days since it aired” can’t handle the homosexual story line. Thank goodness we are progressing, and not regressing back to the day in which people had to hide their sexuality and were not free to be who they wanted.
And by the way, your 12 year old grandson has seen much worse on the internet!

October 16, 2012 at 1:44 pm
(32) ama says:

Nicole is the fault her baby death she is more worries about finding a dad for Elvis Jr rather than taking care of her bady .she should have let. Elvis knew in the first place he is is the father.

January 9, 2013 at 6:06 pm
(33) maxfabien says:

To jean: The show is rated TV14 for a reason. I guess you’re ok with all the half-naked bed dalliences with Brady and Kristin, or Nick and Gabi. Your 12 yr old shouldn’t be watching in the first place. I stopped watching “Days” about 12 years ago when everyone was getting murdered. It was so stupid, I didn’t wait to find out what was going on. I started watching again last summer when I read that there was a gay storyline added. It’s very refreshing and actually quite touching. Thanks to some verteran characters (Marlena, John, Kate, Maggie, Victor, Sami, and now Kristin), I was able to get back into it with relative ease. Still have a little problem how some of the more recent characters of the past few years are related, but it’ll come with time. To those who can’t stand seeing two guys kiss, grow up and get used to it.

January 22, 2013 at 11:53 pm
(34) Scotto says:

Falls over laughing….Family values on soaps?? Are you for real?? Ive been watching these for most of my life, my sister was an AW fan and later AMC…I started watching DOOL just before Kristen kidnapped Marlena etc. I don’t recall seeing among the many divorces, multiple marriages, not knowing which father belonged with which baby, deceit, lies and murders many family values. I get being old school…but as a gay man, its amazing to be living in a time, where soaps are finally catching up with the rest of us…even the President has said we deserve to be equal. To be straight up (no pun intended) if there had been more gay characters on TV in the 70′s and 80′s and right on through…coming out would have seemed a whole lot less terrifying. I applaud DOOL for doing this story, and for allowing Will and Sonny to be believable.