1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Casts Handsome New Actor

By October 1, 2012

Days of Our Lives' twentysomething cast has gotten a handsome new addition. Soap Opera Digest is reporting that Nathan Owens has joined the soap and has already begun taping scenes. However, there's no word yet on what character he'll be playing.

Owens, a model, is listed as an actor/producer on imbd.com. To date he has appeared in one short film, Boys from the Bar, and served as executive producer on another, Silence Isn't All That I Am.

Owens also appeared in the Rhianna music video California King Bed, which you can view, here.

You can check out soapoperadigest.com and imdb.com for photos of Owens.

Comments

October 1, 2012 at 1:16 pm
(1) Laurence H says:

So another model with limited acting ability….it’s like DOOL is begging to be cancelled.

October 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm
(2) Lorraine says:

Oh, no, another just out of teeny blooper candidate. Maybe we can get Sami to go after him? He wears pants right? Yes, begging to get cancelled with the out of touch writers and who really watches. WE DO NOT WANT TWENTY SOMETHING ANGST AND WIDE OVERDONE EYES!!!!!!

October 1, 2012 at 5:21 pm
(3) samidimera says:

Speak for yourself. I do want 20 somethings added to the cast. If they can act, of course. And if they’re beautiful too? Goody for us. :)

Honestly, whether it’s 20 somethings or 40 somethings – Days needs new characters. At this point everyone’s dated everyone. The triangles have been done and then been done again. We need a few new faces.

If they bring in new people though, they need to make sure that they introduce them gradually instead of filling our screens with them instantly everyday. The way they did Madison and Ian was too much too fast and most people hated them. Sonny is an example of how a new character should be introduced.

October 1, 2012 at 9:14 pm
(4) Laurence H says:

Hey, I’m all for new faces…but they always bring on mediocre actors and then instead of trying to develop them, they put them at the backburner and go back to the same boring ass love triangles…I used to be a real EJ and Sami champion but I don’t know how much longer they can beat that dead horse. I am getting a weird feeling that this guy will probably be a replacement for the actor playing Cameron because I just don’t see Days varying from the one ethnic character…you know I’m not lying.

October 1, 2012 at 9:17 pm
(5) Laurence H says:

Not trying to start anything race related so I’ll just say the show could use some fresh blood and end it there…but I see Nathan Owens as a replacement for Super Chin…I mean Schuyler Yancy lol…his chin could chop down a redwood lol

October 1, 2012 at 10:21 pm
(6) Dmitri says:

I wonder if this guy is playing the “Drew” character that the writers were talking about before. Maybe bringing him on for Chloe or Nicole?

October 1, 2012 at 11:32 pm
(7) fancypants says:

Cameron is being recast.

October 2, 2012 at 10:20 am
(8) samidimera says:

Cameron needs to be recast. I will agree with you guys. His chin is kindof unbearable. I felt bad for Abigail having to kiss him the other day. :/

What I do like about the character of Cameron, though, is that they aren’t shoving him down our throats like we would give a darn about him. Cause we don’t care. We need to get to know a character before they throw them at us everyday for months the way they did Taylor or Ian or Madison. I just never cared and resented being forced to watch these people over people I did care about.

October 2, 2012 at 10:41 am
(9) Quinny says:

Maybe they are going to age Theo

October 2, 2012 at 6:48 pm
(10) isis says:

I think her character should be recast. It was her choice to leave the show but I can’t see why they couldn’t find a suitable replacement. What’s the point of keeping Nick around, so he can date Gabi. Come on you writers need to do much better. The past 2 weeks I haven’t watched dool because you can see stuff coming a mile away. I’m getting bored.

October 9, 2012 at 3:28 pm
(11) Sapihia says:

Laurence, that is really cruel. I lke Cameron and I find him Handsome…I am a white middleaged woman, but appreciate noce looking young men! I’m sure that if you were on days we could find ONE thing to harp on about you!

October 10, 2012 at 10:52 pm
(12) Laurence H says:

Cruel? You need to get out more because nothing I said was cruel…I didn’t say he was ugly (he’s not), but his chin is huge…there’s no denying that. So get your head out of your ass and put your big girl britches on….I speak the truth. And if I were on the show, of course you’d have something to say…and you can say it. Why do you think my feelings would be hurt? Get over yourself.

October 26, 2012 at 12:40 am
(13) CBJ says:
December 21, 2012 at 11:19 am
(14) Bettie Gantt says:

Don’t be to quick to juge Nathans acting ability.