1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days Ex Gloria Loring Releases Revealing Autobiography

By October 4, 2012

Gloria Loring Book CoverGloria Loring, who played Days of Our Lives' Liz Chandler during the show's glorious eighties, has released her autobiography. The book, Coincidence Is God's Way Of Remaining Anonymous, takes readers on a journey through her life and includes some juicy behind-the-scenes stories from her years on the soap.

Loring recounts how her number one hit song, Friends and Lovers, came to be, after she'd bemoaned the fact that it would never happen since she was regarded as a soap actress.

"I was focused on all the negatives," explains Loring. "My friend, a producer with Days, said, 'Wait a minute. Is there any way it could happen?' I began to daydream a list of the way it could happen: finding a great song, singing it on the show, and maybe getting enough fan response to interest a record company. The next day, she brought me a song that had been submitted to the show. It was Friends and Lovers."

Included in the Days dish, Loring discusses her romance with Don Diamont (ex-Carlo; Bill, The Bold and the Beautiful), who is 20 years her junior, and why they ultimately broke up. She knew he wanted to have a family.

Loring also reveals the details of an altercation with leading man Joe Gallison (Neil), that left them not speaking for weeks. It finally ended after she wrote him an apology note.

To read all about these stories and more pick up Loring's book. It is available at amazon.com, BAM! and Barnes & Noble.

Comments

October 4, 2012 at 11:50 am
(1) Christie says:

As a fan from Days in the 80s, this book sounds good. Want to know what other backstage gossip she shares. Going to order it, today. Can’t wait to read it.

October 4, 2012 at 1:35 pm
(2) Voice of Reason says:

She still looks great too!

October 4, 2012 at 7:14 pm
(3) nathan says:

During the shows glorious 80′s!! So true! I miss those days!

October 5, 2012 at 9:26 pm
(4) Yenetti says:

Ah yes. The glorius 80′s. DOOL was really awesome back then. I remember Liz Chandler, her brother Todd who died from a car accident and when she was married to Dr Neil Curtis. If fact Dr Dan kind of reminds me of this era’s Dr Neil. Also if anyone recalls Gloria wrote and sang the theme song for The Fact Of Life and was married to Alan Thicke of Growing Pains from the 80′s. Talk about going down memory lane.

Yenetti, Salem, Illinois
(Home Of DOOL)

October 9, 2012 at 11:42 am
(5) Voice of Reason says:

Hey Yenetti, that brought back memories when she had an affair with Don when he was married to Marlena!

October 10, 2012 at 4:42 pm
(6) Sandee says:

I’m right there with you, Yenetti…..those WERE the good ole Days!!!

October 15, 2012 at 8:38 pm
(7) shygirl says:

Wow! I remember listening to her sing on the show at Doug’s place. What a great voice. and she was beautiful and a strong actress too. WRITERS! these were Days golden years. The nightclub was swanky and it was a treat everyday to watch it. I wish Days would bring back that excitement. Now it’s the tired Brady pub and the lame coffee house. I would like to see the old glamour again.

January 24, 2013 at 3:23 pm
(8) BLONDIE says:

Those were the good Days.Everyone dressed in high fashion with jobs they actually went to. All the doctors,nurses and lawyers Julie, Hope,Marlena and even Alice were always dressed up and Gloris was great.