1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By October 23, 2012

Here's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives.

Calling all M*A*S*H fans. William Christopher, remembered as Father Francis Mulcahy, is slated to portray another priest on Days. Christopher airs as Father Tobias on November 6, officiating at a church board meeting. He shares scenes with Drake Hogestyn (John) and Eileen Davidson (Kristen). The role is recurring.

Ralph Waite, who plays another Salem priest, Father Matt, was on set taping on October 16. Look for the character to turn up on screen in January.

Nicole's ob-gyns return on November 5, as Daniel starts closing in on the truth about her baby's death. Dawnn Lewis reprises the role of Dr. Knapp, while Lise Simms is back as Dr. Sedwick.

Comments

October 23, 2012 at 1:09 pm
(1) GrmaBon says:

It’s about time that the truth about Nicole’s baby comes out. Sad as the situation is; Nicole is staying true to Nicole by allowing Jen to take the rap for the baby’s death.

October 23, 2012 at 1:13 pm
(2) Karen says:

While Jen may not be directly responsible, the pushing, she had no right to constantly needle and verbally fight with Nicole. Stress can do lots of things to pregnant women. Jen is just a stupid little woman, who has those wide eyes of innocence. I am SO tired of her and her daughter.

October 23, 2012 at 2:46 pm
(3) Maria says:

Although Jen wasn’t directly responsible I do agree with Karen. Who knows what the stress did to Nicole’s baby. They said it was healthy up until then! If the writers were going in this direction AGAIN they should have had Jen actually be responsible for the death of the baby. It would have made for a really juicy story, since we are now seeing people taking sides. But of course Nicole will be the villain once again. Unless they can say she was so distraught about hearing her baby had died, she couldn’t face it and believed that her baby died when she fell down the stairs, IDK

October 23, 2012 at 3:56 pm
(4) Cindy says:

I think they should have played out a court trial for Jen…not because I don’t like her, I love Jen, but they haven’t had a trial is such a long time. Also, Justin could have a bigger part for awhile. then right before the juries verdict, the doctors could return and the truth all comes out.

October 23, 2012 at 4:52 pm
(5) mp says:

Maria just want to tell Nicole says do not walk away from me and follow Jennifer told her get away from me and grabbed her arm and they argue and Nicole lost her balance she did not kill her baby she had doctor’s appointment and the doctor told her she can’t hear the baby’s heartbeat and stole her medical file and tear it up in the trash can at the town square

October 23, 2012 at 5:18 pm
(6) sandee says:

So, Saint Jennifer IS going to get with Daniel….what a surprise!! NOT!!! of COURSE the wonderful Horton skank will get him….oh, how very SICK I am of that little goody-goody sanctimonious ‘holier than thou’ can’t do any wrong BIOTCH!!! Why couldn’t they have killed her off and kept Jack?

October 23, 2012 at 5:24 pm
(7) Sharon says:

Hang in there Jennifer, the truth will prevail.

October 23, 2012 at 6:43 pm
(8) unicorn1 says:

While I respect everyone’s opinion, I can’t help but think its a “SHOW”. I have been watching since 1984 and I can’t tell you how many times I got fed up with the way the story was going. But in the end, most of it always make sense. If anyone knows anything about Nicole history, they would have known that “The reason she was told that she couldn’t get pregnant was because she had suffered some damage to her body during the last miscarriage.” I have a sister who this happened to (REAL LIFE) and she got pregnant again and lost her baby at 6 mths. Being that Days got new writers after this story line started, it didn’t surprise me. Oh, and here is my opinion, why would anyone think that Daniel should end up with a scheming, lying bitch like Nicole is beyond me. He does deserve someone more like himself, honest, caring and sweet…yes…like Jennifer. Lets face it, the reason that most of us love Sami and EJ together is because they are kindred spirits, the same can be said for Daniel and Jennifer. I just think the writers should portray Jennifer more like the Old Jen, while she was sweet, she wasn’t not a push over. I mean two of Days worst villian Lawrence Alamain and Peter Blake were in love with her. Which reminds, when is Peter getting out of prison, I believed he would have been up for Parole years ago, now that Kristen is back.

October 23, 2012 at 6:44 pm
(9) unicorn1 says:

While I respect everyone’s opinion, I can’t help but think its a “SHOW”. I have been watching since 1984 and I can’t tell you how many times I got fed up with the way the story was going. But in the end, most of it always make sense. If anyone knows anything about Nicole history, they would have known that “The reason she was told that she couldn’t get pregnant was because she had suffered some damage to her body during the last miscarriage.” I have a sister who this happened to (REAL LIFE) and she got pregnant again and lost her baby at 6 mths. Being that Days got new writers after this story line started, it didn’t surprise me. Oh, and here is my opinion, why would anyone think that Daniel should end up with a scheming, lying bitch like Nicole is beyond me. He does deserve someone more like himself, honest, caring and sweet…yes…like Jennifer. Lets face it, the reason that most of us love Sami and EJ together is because they are kindred spirits, the same can be said for Daniel and Jennifer. I just think the writers should portray Jennifer more like the Old Jen, while she was sweet, she wasn’t not a push over. I mean two of Days worst villian Lawrence Alamain and Peter Blake were in love with her. Which reminds, when is Peter getting out of prison, now that Kristen is back.

October 23, 2012 at 8:11 pm
(10) Tammy says:

I believe that stephano is behind the “so called loss” of Nicole’s baby. That baby is alive and this entire set up is orchestrated by Stephano. I think that Stephano arranged all of this and he has that baby!

October 23, 2012 at 11:48 pm
(11) mp says:

unicorn1 i remember Nicole’s history she did a baby switch between Mia and Sami and fake pregnancy and miscarriage and lied to EJ and Sami and she kidnap Sydney and she does not deserve to be a mother can you tell Daniel’s face and his eyes he is feeling guilty ever since Parker’s DNA and i agree with you but Jennifer should stop pleading to EJ and tell him the truth so he won’t get mad at her and he will understand and Nicole is lying about being pushed you know what i read Tammy’s comment about Stefano is payback she got him involved with her first pregnancy.

October 24, 2012 at 12:44 am
(12) Donnie says:

mp,
Nicole deserved this baby. If everyone that lied didn’t deserve a baby, honestly then no one, including that little twit Sami would have any children. Sorry, but it’s the truth.

October 24, 2012 at 12:39 pm
(13) Janelle says:

Oh, please. Nicole wasn’t stressed out by Jennifer. Nicole was amused by Jennifer. She was totally manipulating the situation & playing Jennifer in her master game plan to get Daniel. She had some stress juggling all the men in her life & trying to keep this big secret, but those were situations of her own making. Jen didn’t really cause any stress for her until AFTER she’d already been told the baby had died. And at that point, Nicole was (understandably) a basket case no matter what happened.

I agree with unicorn1 that I would like to see more of the old Jen. They seem to have gotten away from that in recent years and made her a lot more one-dimensional, which is unfortunate, because she used to be such a fun character!. And then the past couple of weeks have been even worse yet, as they abruptly converted her to Psycho-Jen for the sole purpose of making Nicole’s “she pushed me” claim sound even remotely possible to anyone in Salem.

October 24, 2012 at 2:09 pm
(14) maria says:

Mp I know the story of the baby. I just thought it would be more interesting if it had played out that Jen did push Nicole down the stairs & the baby died from the fall. I’m sick of Nicole becoming pregnany against all odds and losing the baby AGAIN! Its a horrible s/l but having St Jen be the villian for once would have played it out differently!

October 24, 2012 at 4:12 pm
(15) Kathy says:

Has anybody in Salem ever heard of an autopsy or cause of death. How can someone be charged with murder without even knowing if the fall was the cause of death.

October 24, 2012 at 9:42 pm
(16) Tammy says:

Once again, the baby is not dead.

October 27, 2012 at 10:20 pm
(17) mp says:

Tammy i agree with you did you see last scene on friday’s episode about a lost and found box with a tag is that good sign of Stefano getting baby clothes for the baby.

October 29, 2012 at 5:37 pm
(18) David says:

Why so many priest characters? Does Salem have to be a Catholic enclave? Show the Protestants being sleaze balls, too

November 6, 2012 at 8:06 pm
(19) Lucille Loiselle says:

PULEEZE: Is there anyone left in Salem who HASN’T slept with Daniel???? It is JUST A SHOW but…. can’t writers help us to at least believe just a little in these goofy story lines?????

November 7, 2012 at 1:24 pm
(20) Debby says:

First, SO glad to see William Christopher! This is, actually, the fourth time he has played a priest among his various credits.

Second, SO tired of Jennifer and Abby. Jennifer and Daniel have zero chemistry on-screen. She’s incredibly boring and I can’t see anything in the character or the storyline that bespeaks some hidden fascination with her on Daniel’s part. I actually liked him with Nicole.

November 7, 2012 at 11:27 pm
(21) Father Tabias says:

Thank you Nicole(sandee) for your wonderful insight. Nice to know there will never be a shortage of “saintly” whores running amok.

Have a good day!

November 7, 2012 at 11:30 pm
(22) Father Tabias says:

Thanks for all of the support(cough cough) of Salem having priests in the story line.

Why are there so many vindictive skanks on the show; you get the point!

November 16, 2012 at 2:28 pm
(23) Nikki says:

Hooray! Willam Christopher is the most wonderful actor. His performances on MASH have been life moving for me. So glad to see him again… And again in the role as a priest. Thank you Mr. Christopher for your gift, your passion, and your dedication all these years. I am your number one fan!!! And I’m 38… So I didn’t get the privilege of watching you live-ish when on MASH… But Days is allowing me to appreciate you now… Live-ish. You are the best!

January 12, 2013 at 4:56 pm
(24) MulcahysGirl says:

I am so glad William Christopher is on Days Of Our Lives. He’s a wonderful actor and Father Mulcahy is my favorite character on M*A*S*H. I was lucky enough to be able to see him in “Church Basement Ladies” back on 10/24/09. Still good as ever and still looks good too!