1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Janet Di Lauro

Alison Sweeney Signs New Days of Our Lives Contract

By October 26, 2012

alison sweeneyAlison Sweeney has signed a new contract with Days of Our Lives. The actress, who's played Sami Brady since 1993, confirmed the news to Soap Opera Digest.

"The job continues to surprise and challenge me," Sweeney told Digest, admitting that she is "excited" and "honored" to stay with the soap. "I love Sami."

Sweeney juggles her full-time Days gig with her hosting duties on NBC's The Biggest Loser,which is slated to begin airing a new season in January.  She remains one of daytime's busiest actresses.

You can the full story, here.

Courtesy: NBC/Chris Haston

Comments

October 26, 2012 at 1:48 pm
(1) sarah says:

Do you always have to be hanging out? It is not pretty and not sexy. You dress like you are 14 and ready for the street corner.

October 26, 2012 at 4:28 pm
(2) BLONDIE says:

that’s sami gota love her. good job sami. i can’t wait for the biggest loser to start.

October 26, 2012 at 6:58 pm
(3) nathan in ohio says:

Like we didnt see that one coming! Why cant she take Caroline to Cali and never come back! Bring on a new character for EJ!!!

October 26, 2012 at 7:13 pm
(4) shygirl says:

Love sami. but wish they would bring in a new love interest for her. EJ , Rafe and Lucas are played!

October 26, 2012 at 9:06 pm
(5) Rosieroserson says:

Alison Sweeney is a wonderful actress, and I love her feisty Sami……ofcourse with E.J

October 27, 2012 at 4:36 am
(6) Fan says:

While Sami’s fickleness when it comes to men is annoying, much of that is due to her insecurity. The way she dresses may also be a reflection of that, which, by the way, is the responsibility of the show’s costume department and not Alison Sweeny’s.

Aside from the indiscretion with EJ when she thought Johnny was dead, she has never been a cheater. Sure, she jumps from relationship to relationship but she’s faithful to the one she’s with.

Alison is a great actress. The fact that she can take her storylines and make it believable enough (for a soap) that people react as strongly as they do attests to that.

October 27, 2012 at 12:02 pm
(7) Sandee says:

too bad they couldn’t cut her pay and kept Bo…..their priorities suck

October 29, 2012 at 12:56 am
(8) Crystal says:

I absolutely Love Sami! The show wouldn`t be the same without her! She`s a legend on days!

October 29, 2012 at 8:50 pm
(9) Teresa Bush says:

I have watched Days for years! one of my favorites couples is Bo and Hope. I am so dissapointed that he is leaving. It won’t be the same I also like Rafe and Sammy. But I don’t like it as well since Will and Sonny are having their scenes it makes me sick.i can’t believe Days has come to this.Like today I was home from work.I always tape it.i turned the channel when sonny and will came on.I decided to watch later so I could fast foward through such sick scenes.I may just have to quit watching this soap. You all can do better you have had the best soap show for years, It makes me sad that it has changed so much. i know you all will do what you want but I hope this dosen’t hurt your show. I for one may not continue to watch.

October 29, 2012 at 9:19 pm
(10) Eighties Fan says:

Alison (Sami) has come a long way since 1993. I have been watching Days since the early 80′s. When Sami came on board, I was not happy and I felt she was not a good actor at all. 19 years later, Alison has really turned into a decent actor, who seems to really care about her role. She has improved immensely and is now what I consider a good actor.

November 1, 2012 at 3:19 pm
(11) Jan Arrington says:

I have watched Days for some time now & enjoyed it except of late w/ the discusting gay sex scenes. I can’t believe you are caving to the pressure of gay rights & ruining a long time soap opera. If it continues, I believe it will ruin your ratings, at least it has for several of my friends & me…already some are no longer watching.

November 1, 2012 at 5:00 pm
(12) Quinny says:

Hey Jan Arrington–learn how to spell disgusting before you start spewing your homophobic garbage!

November 5, 2012 at 4:10 pm
(13) Jennifer says:

Alison is a fantastic actress and I love her also on Biggest Loser. I feel the same way about bringing the gay thing into Days; there is no need to take it sexual and have them hanging all over each other, holding hands and all. I feel it was also a dumb move for Days to let Peter (Bo) go; there is a main stay you see all the time (Bo and Hope) just like Doug and Julie. BAD MOVE, bring him back there are other characters that you could of let go, not BO

November 5, 2012 at 4:58 pm
(14) Janie says:

I think it was a bad decision for you not to give Bo a story line. He & Hope are GREAT together. I thought they would be the next “Tom & Alice”. I also fast forward through the gay scenes. I don’t believe in gays & never will believe they belong together. I just get sick everytime I see a gay couple on T.V. I’m considering not taping it anymore because of the gays on there & also because of you letting Bo go. There are more actors/actresses that could use a long vacation but not Bo. He & Hope belong together.

November 6, 2012 at 3:28 am
(15) Darlina says:

I have watched Days of our lives since I can remember back and in my opinion SAMMY is the best actress you have on there and if anything was to happen where she no longer played her part on here I WOULD NEVER EVER WATCH THIS SHOW AGAIN. It is too bad that BO left the show, I’m sure they could have tried harder to keep him there. I hope they keep it open just in case he changes his mind.

November 8, 2012 at 7:54 pm
(16) Joanne says:

I am thrilled Allison signed a new contract!!! I was sad to see the negative comments but assume they are just jealous of her, Sami, EJ Rafe, Kristen and Stefano make this show a pleasure to watch!!!
Glad you got rid of Peter (Bo) as I found him and his role and him bore city!!

November 14, 2012 at 5:17 pm
(17) carolinagirl says:

I have watched days since the late 70s. I tape it and watch it , but not anymore. The Sonny and Will thing is over the top! I feel like it’s being shoved down my throat! I am sad to loss my favorite show. Bye Days :(

December 13, 2012 at 8:50 pm
(18) Peter says:

You don’t believe in gays?? My love for my partner is not a myth or make believe but I guess the chances of you homophobic and ignorant people understanding that is about the same as me suddenly finding females attractive. It’s a real shame that you feel like you have to slate other people for the way they live their lives. I pray that if your children come out as gay you’ll be able to accept them and love them because it is not a choice!

January 11, 2013 at 1:50 pm
(19) babycakes64 says:

I am glad that Alison Sweeney is remaining with the show. Like her I am unsure who she should be with; EJ or Rafe, what a terrible problem to have.

January 11, 2013 at 9:42 pm
(20) Tindel says:

All the soap actors are Jesus freaks, including Alison Sweeney, so it’s HYSTERICAL to me that they are trying to commodity homosexuality by creating a “pink washed” story! No wonder the writers chose her to be the one against it.

January 26, 2013 at 9:23 am
(21) Aussie says:

I have been a Days fan for many many years it is time for Sami to grow up, how could she want to be with EJ after all he has done to her and her family. I can’t believe you think that little of women and their feelings that they turn to their rapist and fall in love. Rafe has always been there for her. Let her have an adult relationship with Rafe work on repairing her family and be there for her kids and not just be about her. Will needs her now. After reading that she is going back to EJ too much crazy. I am done with Days. I realize these are characters but can people be that stupid.

February 8, 2013 at 12:13 pm
(22) Rocky says:

You are a great actor, thank you for all the passion you put into your work. We are loving Sami and EJ together, they are truly soul mates in the acting arena. Sami you all ways look beautiful !

February 22, 2013 at 3:25 pm
(23) judy says:

I have watched this show for years. I never have felt that it was necessary to show the sex scenes. Now that you have chosen to add a gay relationship to the show, I am done. I really don’t care what anyone does in their own bedroom, but I really don’t want it shoved in my face every time I turn of the television.
I even saw ad ad last nite for a Kindle that had a gay couple in it. The time was not appropriate because my 8 year old grand daughter was here and saw the add and asked questions.
Maybe this is a good thing. Now I will read, walk, exercise and sew. Much better things to do then be inundated with things I don’t want to watch!
I’ll miss the show, but, not really!!!

March 21, 2013 at 5:49 pm
(24) Carol Lazetera says:

Alison, have been watching you on “Days” since you were little, and you sure have been through it. Glad to see you are growing up a little, but also glad to see you still have that “Sami ” fight in you. Keep up the good work and hope everything works out for you for a change. Sorry things did not work out between you and Rafe, but hope Nick gets out of the picture for hurting Wil.
Also love you in Biggest Loser, You are full of energy and a go getter. I hope to see you in both for many years to come.

May 14, 2013 at 9:40 am
(25) Donna says:

I have watched DOOL since it first aired. I just like the way the characters who have left or really died are not forgotten. Also they cover topics that are maybe hard to think about, but need to be discussed. And yes the characters are sometimes over the top, it is a soap opera after all.

July 26, 2013 at 1:07 am
(26) Ashley says:

Alison Sweeney is the best! She is my role model! If she isnt on every day I get disappointed! My dream is to meet her!❤ I don’t care what anybody else thinks… She is a woman,mom, and a wife.. She can do anything she sets her mind too!👌 I love you Alison❤😁

September 7, 2013 at 2:05 pm
(27) zabawki interaktywne says:

I tend not to comment, however I looked at a few of the remarks on this
page Alison Sweeney Signs New Days of Our Lives Contract.
I actually do have a couple of questions for you if it’s allright.

Is it simply me or does it look as if like a few of the responses look
as if they are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are
writing on additional social sites, I’d like to keep up with everything new you have to post.
Would you post a list of every one of all your social sites like your linkedin
profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

October 16, 2013 at 6:47 pm
(28) zestaw chemiczny says:

I’m not sure where you’re getting your info, but great topic.
I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this information for my mission.