1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By November 6, 2012

Wally KurthHere's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives.

It's been reported that Wally Kurth (Justin) is returning to General Hospital as Ned Ashton to attend Edward Quartermaine's memorial service. Edward was portrayed by the late John Ingle (ex-Mickey). Fear not Salem fans. Kurth is not leaving the show. The GH gig is short term. Kurth will continue in his role on Days.

Greg Vaughan's debut as Sami's twin brother is one week away. The actor makes his initial appearance as Eric Brady on Tuesday, November 13, when a Salemite catches a quick glimpse of him. Things intensify the next day, when Vaughan shares his first scenes with Arianne Zucker (Nicole).

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

November 6, 2012 at 1:24 pm
(1) BLONDIE says:

yeah ned is staying.

November 7, 2012 at 8:18 pm
(2) krissy says:

Yes, cause I almost panicked thinking “Justin” was leaving :-p

November 12, 2012 at 4:45 pm
(3) LindaW says:

Whew! I love WK. I am so glad he’s back on Days. Let it be a long, long run!!

November 12, 2012 at 4:55 pm
(4) Lynn says:

Ya Nichole is staying.

November 12, 2012 at 5:03 pm
(5) Lori says:

So glad Wally isn’t going anywhere. Good for both shows for cooperating with one another, Ned does belong at the memorial and it’s nice to see everyone concerned making that happen.

November 19, 2012 at 6:20 pm
(6) Bunny says:

Since Gabi is preg with Will’s baby,, why not let Rafe and Sami take care of it because they are the grandparents,, Gabi and Will do not marry,,, keep Will with Sonny or maybe will and Sonny can raise the baby???? be a good part of the show…. Rafe and Sami can be together,,, they are the best couple… not with EJ and Sami,, no no..

November 20, 2012 at 2:12 am
(7) Avanlon says:

I have watched this show since I was a kid but I’m sad to say that with Bo leaving and so many changes I just can’t stand it ! It is unrecognizable. Neither Stefano or EJ can save it. I have really tried but it’s just awful. You like to stay with people you know . It’s kinda like old friends or family you know how they act and will react in certain situations and it’s comfortable. Unfortunately Im saying farewell to Days.

November 21, 2012 at 9:55 pm
(8) mary says:

Ditto to Avalon…letting Bo go was just stupid

November 22, 2012 at 12:57 am
(9) taylor says:

They didn’t let Bo go as in terminate him. He wanted to leave the show on his own accord….Sad to see him go …Not sure the new writers are the best ..Will see..

November 22, 2012 at 2:35 am
(10) Hilda says:

As far as i am concerned the new writers are aweful, weak story lines, especially for Ej ,they are spending too much time writing garbage for jennifer, in one scene she’s this little prissy milquetoast,wingy whiner , then in a new york minute she becomes this nut case fatal atraction,going after Daniel with a vengeance. James scott is the best actor on the show but he’s hardly in any scenes lately he is so much more interesting when he portrays the dark side of Ej and becomes more like his father .I loved his scenes with Nicole,Like Ej she is multi talented,They are great together,they are both schemers and are not afraid to fight for what they want As for Ej hooking up with Sami i think not, they are oil and water.They are turning Sami into a Birthday cake so to speak ,she has been passed around and every man in salem has had a piece, sorry Sami but that is how they are portraying your character.Please writers if you have a prayer of keeping your jobs ,start by putting Ej and nicole together they balance each other out perfectly,Put Sami back with Rafe, they are much better suited The hellcat and her long suffering husband. Ej and sami are too much alike ,they both like power,if u insist on putting them together they will fizzle and that will be the start of the end for days.James and Arianne aka Ej & Nicole are the only two actors holding the show together right now.

November 24, 2012 at 8:23 am
(11) Rosieroserson says:

No Ejole and no Safe!!!!! It’s time for love, romance and passion delivered by Ejami!!!!!!

November 26, 2012 at 8:46 pm
(12) Judy says:

I am not liking judgmental Hope of late, laying into Nicole and her sins. This from crazy Hope, the drug pill popper who was assaulting people? Nicole has had some awful things happen. Hey, saint Hope a little empathy please!!

November 27, 2012 at 1:01 am
(13) stacey says:

i am a big fan,but i miss belle and shawn,mimi and chloe.i think they sould come back

November 27, 2012 at 6:36 pm
(14) Florence says:

I have been watching this show since 1965 and seen all of the gang come and go and the writers doing the same==============whee in God’s name did you find these writers—————–They are the pits——Bo is gone and Mama Brady is now gone————–and what is up with the gay guys, believe me I am not against gays, two of my best friends are gay men, but the kissing on the screen and the bed scenes, are totally un called for——-young children watch this show too, and it gives a bad impression to our young—————–Please get somone who knows how to write a good story line,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am not sure if I even want to watch this stuff anymore——————————-

November 28, 2012 at 12:10 pm
(15) Flo Collom says:

Bring Bo back……..Gabi should have an abortion….This will mess her like up…………BUT BO SHOULD COME BACK!!!!!! Sami and Raf belong together……..

November 29, 2012 at 2:07 pm
(16) nancy says:

Deidra Hall is terrible. Had face work done and cant do any facial e pressions. So bland it takes all to watch her. Wish they would write her out.

November 29, 2012 at 2:51 pm
(17) katherine baker says:

I agree with Avanlon, I’ve watched this show from it’s 5 year anniversary date. And I’m so very disappointed at what the show has become. Bo gone, Kristen back, what? Do they think her clout will bring viewers? I didn’t like her on Y&R nor her character when she was on before. I’m all for no bullying and let people live their lives as they want to. But I cannot handle being thrust into a homosexual’s bedroom to watch them gallop around in the sheets. I don’t care whether it’s RIGHT OR WRONG…But let me tell you, go throwing it in people’s face, you’ll lose viewers and they’ll make a stand. It turns stomachs to know what they are doing. I’m no RELIGIOUS FREAK either. You will not win people over to being gay by de-sensitizing their morals in such a manner. I REFUSE to let my grandson sit in the same room and watch that kind of filth. I WILL NOT TEACH HIM TO COMPROMISE MORALS. The new writers of this are sinking it. very quickly. This whole world needs to read 9 days in heaven, a book written in 1892 by M. Davis, revised by Dennis Prince of a woman’s TRUE account of her 9 day vision as she lay motionless in her bed in an apparent catatonic state. It very clearly shows an after -life and that this earth is a testing ground. Heaven is for real, and if you believe that you must believe the other places exists too.. And man, ETERNITY is a very long time to be wrong about morals here on earth. We have a guide book that has outlasted any printed material on earth. And that guide book is being erased. Take away rules, governance, freedoms, and boundaries. And watch what happens in Afghanistan happen here. We are quickly matching Afghanistan mindsets. no compassions, no morals, anger beyond belief because of people forcing their opinions on others….and the list goes on. Days, until you bring back morals, and stop de-sensitizing morals to the public, this faithful watcher has stopped watching. and no doubt there will be more.

November 30, 2012 at 2:22 am
(18) vicky wood says:

Bring Bo Brady back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 1, 2012 at 1:34 pm
(19) Bernadine says:

You are demorializing the show with these gay guys romping around in the sheets. Not good for young children to watch. I agree with Kathrine above says in her comments. I couldn’t have put it in better words myself. I don’t even care if I miss a show anymore.

December 3, 2012 at 4:15 am
(20) Shannon says:

I am appalled at the amount of hate on this thread. This is not the place to spew your political or religious rhetoric. If you don’t like seeing a gay storyline on DAYS, then perhaps you should just turn off the TV instead of imposing your antiquated beliefs on those of us who do watch and love the show.

December 8, 2012 at 4:13 pm
(21) thunder2 says:

I am a big Fan, sometime the Stories drive me crazy, but that is Soaps, Threw Thick and thin I am still a Fan!!!

I am so glad Wally is staying and also he is able to work at to places for
awhile, he is level headed for his wife, and I think he is the one that will
support Will when all this comes out, and also help Sonny realize, what he really wants

I totally agree,I am so SORRY THAT THERE a lot of people that don’t like the Gay story line, I LOVE THE WilSon Story line, I sure hope they stay on for a long long time, I would rather watch a gay story line any day compare to some of these Talk shows or Comidies,
if People are worried about children seeing gay guy kissing, I would worried about my child to see what I see all the time on SOAPS, anyone looks at someone else and then then next time we see them they are in BED!! just like Kristen and Brady I like them but COME ON!!! There are many reasons why I love Will and Sonny They are amazing actors, We got to see a friendship build between Will and Sonny and then love came after, it took awhile for them to get into bed and that is the way it should be, That is real life, That is I feel it is a powerful story line, cause, This story line can become real life in some of our lives, also some of the other story lines are SO FAR FETCH!! we know we would never see it in real life!!