1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By November 20, 2012

Victor AlfieriHere's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives.

Peggy McCay resurfaces as Caroline on November 29, when Caroline returns from the Alzheimer's clinic she was seeking treatment in California. She shares poignant scenes with Greg Vaughan (Eric), as grandmother and grandson are reunited.

As previously reported, Days is airing a vintage episode on Friday, November 30. The original 1997 broadcast, which stars Eileen Davidson (as Kristen and Susan), Deidre Hall (Marlena), Drake Hogestyn (John), Kristian Alfonso (Hope) and Peter Reckell (ex-Bo), also features an array of popular old favorites.

Among them: Victor Alfieri (ex-Franco, pictured), Jaime Lyn Bauer (ex-Laura), Tanya Boyd (ex-Celeste), Christie Clark (ex-Carrie), John Clarke (ex-Mickey), Roark Critchlow (ex-Mike), Ivan G'Vera (ex-Ivan), Renee Jones (ex-Lexie), Frank Parker (ex-Shawn) and Louise Sorel (ex-Vivian).

Two characters currently on the canvas are also portrayed by different actresses. Krista Allen plays Billie, while Stephanie Cameron holds down the role of Jennifer.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/Jesse Grant

Comments

November 20, 2012 at 8:45 am
(1) Quinny says:

I remember that. It’s because Jennifer and Peter had an affair in real life! Her husband made her quit and they had to bring in a replacement for her. I doubt Jason Brooks (Peter) will ever appear again as long as Missy is there

November 20, 2012 at 9:30 am
(2) valjeanpramus@aol.combolo says:

Bologna watched dool for fourty years not now stopped watching it a year ago cause i refuse to watch a character playing a gay idiot its shuved down our throuts in real life but i dont an wont watch it on what used to be my favorite show l miss the charactors but u dont care if i watch it or not cause a lot of gay people r more important its a sickness not a race bye

November 20, 2012 at 9:50 am
(3) tJ says:

Do you really believe the hate that you spew? Worry about your own life, I bet you’re religious too! The people that claim their god loves everyone can’t seem to get over that there are all types of people in this world.

November 20, 2012 at 10:06 am
(4) Quinny says:

valjeanpramus this is a thread is not about Sonny & Will. Why do all you small minded people insist on hijacking every thread with your bigotry? Go spew your hate elsewhere! So sick of talking about it.

November 20, 2012 at 1:43 pm
(5) unicorn1 says:

TO valjeanpramus: As a wife and mother of a six year old son, I am proud to say that even at 6 my son knows and understand the meaning of “TOLERANCE”. I don’t have any gay relatives or friends, but if I did I would welcome them with open arms. As far as I am concerned, all HUMAN BEINGS, regardless of Race, Religion or Sexual Preference deserve the same treatment that we all expect for ourselves. I think your time will be better spent at some night classes, since you seem quite ignorant. Remember being a homosexual is not a choice, but being stupid is!. Also they may even teach you how to use a remote control to switch channels. People like yourself is why the world is the way it is today. Who do you think made GAY people, yes the same God who created Straight people. Just like that same God give some people excessive wealth and leave others to starve. If you want to take up a cause, why don’t you complain about why children don’t have the basic Necessities that most of us take for granted. Now thats something to complain about.

November 20, 2012 at 2:04 pm
(6) Voice of Reason says:

Well said Unicorn1! Get ready for the backlash and nastiness to follow my positive comment…

November 20, 2012 at 2:30 pm
(7) Dool viewer says:

BROVO to unicorn1. I don’t care for the gay story line, but it is being done with taste and well acted. I think it’s great that they are going to show one of the ‘old’ shows on Fri. If you don’t like to see the gay story, then either record the show and ff through it or QUIT WATCHING!

November 20, 2012 at 2:55 pm
(8) Ice Coffee The Rapper says:

Yo yo Days fans, I just have one rap for ya all!

I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A B—H AINT. ONE!!!!!!!!

HOWS THAT FOR ALL YA?

November 21, 2012 at 12:15 am
(9) JP says:

Bravo and thanks, Unicorn1! Haters be gone, you are OLD and TIRED!!! I’m excited for the vintage episode. I hope there’s room for Jamie Lyn Bauer to come back…for Jen, and to spar with Kate and Kristen!

November 21, 2012 at 2:12 pm
(10) mouse says:

It’s going to be strange to have Bo an Caroline back and we don’t see Bo.

Remember, we live in the US, You can say what you want about anything.
Please stop telling people they can’t have feelings about story line because of how they feel about a characters.

We all have to start learning to be tolerate of each other.

I hope everyone has a great holiday.

Peace on Earth, good will toward everyone.

November 21, 2012 at 3:44 pm
(11) Kay says:

I for one am proud of DOOL and the powers-that-be that allowed the gay storyline to be carried out. It is being presented in a tasteful and appropriate way and well-acted by the actors portraying Will and Sonny (Chandler Massey and Freddie Smith). It is a story worth telling because we live in a world where there is hatred and bigotry that should not be tolerated. Everyone has the right to live their lives and love and respect is part of that life. The storyline with Will and Gabi (teenage pregnancy) is very appropriate as well because this happens to alot of young people and should be presented as well. Chandler Massey and Camila Banus are doing a fine job with this storyline, as well as the other young actors involved (the actor portraying Nick, and Freddie who plays Sonny) in the storyline. I commend those writers as they continue to share these storylines with the viewers.

November 21, 2012 at 6:10 pm
(12) Kyle O Rourke says:

I cannot believe this happened to me!!!! I put a Red Baron pepperoni pizza in the oven over an hour and a half ago and my dopey neighbor from the apt upstairs the one who dropped the window air conditioner through the roof of my brand new 2012 Chevy Malibu totaling and now Im without a car, knocks on my door wanting to discuss what happened. Anyway he gets me so engrossed this conversation that I forgot about the pizza and now its burned to crisp!!!! He is bad luck. There goes my dinner. Ill have to bill the insurance company for aanother Red Baron Pepperoni Pizza along with a 2013 Chevy Malibu. I cant believe this crap!!!!!!!

November 23, 2012 at 1:55 pm
(13) Lisa says:

To homophobic poster number 2, I see you are not well educated. You have so many spelling errors. I suppose that does not matter to you,but it indicates the level of thought process. How does someone being gay interfere with your life? If you believe in the teachings of Jesus, he never hated or condemned. He did have righteous outrage for the money lenders though. Perhaps your church is not tolerant. If they are not, they should not be called Christian. Actually I feel sorry for you mucking around in the garbage can of hate. And, enjoy your sneak at Days. You are just phoney in your outrage.

November 23, 2012 at 5:49 pm
(14) Kyle O Rourke says:

Doesnt anyone feel sorry for me for my totalled 2012 Chevy Malibu and burned Red Baron pizza due to the dope in the apartment above me???????

November 26, 2012 at 10:06 pm
(15) Charee says:

Haha Kyle, way to change the subject. Get a new Camaro for your troubles.. lol.

November 29, 2012 at 3:35 pm
(16) specialk312 says:

It seems like all you hypocrites are tolerant of everyone EXCEPT Christians.

December 1, 2012 at 11:09 am
(17) Fraserfan says:

valjeanpramus…the sickness of which you wrote should be about your own personal sickness and predjudiced. YOU NEED HELP!!!!! You did the right thing by stopping you years of history with the show. Now you need to stop involving yourself with anything that has to do with Days. Now that you have found an extra 5 hours a week in your life, perhaps you could go and get yourself educated on homosexuality. You are a hateful, spiteful, ignorant person. Be careful because God does not like ugly, and you are about the ugliest I can think of!!!

December 1, 2012 at 11:23 am
(18) Fraserfan says:

Kyle.. So sorry about your car as well as your pizza. Personally, I would go with you Monte Carlo SS. Oh, wait…I did!!!
Specialk312. YOU ARE SPECIAL!!! I am Catholic. And it is un undeniable truth that relions are full of predjudiced and hatred. They are all about judgement!!!! So stop feeling so sorry for yourself and your Christianity. Open you rues and you will see just how nasty and ruthless us Christians can be because we are trained like robots to believe in and give testimony about the Bible. Can’t we all just get along???

December 25, 2012 at 3:21 am
(19) Jennifer says:

I have to say that one ignorant statement does not negate the other. I believe in God, I believe in him cause I know he will never let us down, ANY of us. I was taught that God loves all his children. Gay a sickness? Wow, join us here in this day and age. Do you have a clue as to how ignorant you are? I watch my gay roomate anguish about telling people he was gay, he cried on my lap and he said the words “I just wish I was straight, this is to hard”. He hid how he felt who he was from everyone just because of people like you. He has been married to the same man for 18yrs now. Never cheated, never let him down. Our other roomate ran around with guy after guy, married one, cheated on him, ruined her family. Remarried, cheated on him, had 2 more babies. Left him and had 3 more kids with another man whom shortly left her when he found out she gave him a VD. Maybe we need to focus on teaching people to love people. Not what people thay can love.