1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days Vintage Episodes: Do You Want More?

By November 22, 2012

vintage hour glassDays of Our Lives goes the vintage episode route this week, airing a memorable show from 1997 the day after Thanksgiving: John and "Kristen's" (actually, Susan's) wild and wacky wedding.

What are your thoughts on the rebroadcast? Weigh in with the following poll.

Comments

November 22, 2012 at 8:58 am
(1) BLONDIE says:

I like vintage Day’s brings back memories, but the writers need to watch them too so they quit trying to change it.

November 23, 2012 at 6:16 pm
(2) funnyGirl says:

It was fun to see this episode, I have forgotten so many of the details about how things happened in the past. Seeing Kristin/Susan’s wedding dress was worth it alone– yikes!

November 24, 2012 at 7:35 am
(3) BLONDIE says:

Just watched flash back friday and i loved it. i had forgotten how funny the show used to be with Kristen,Susan AND Vivian and her assorted men loved those shows, so much going on.

November 24, 2012 at 9:41 am
(4) EA says:

This old episode reminded how completely idiotic and childish the whole Susan Banks thing was. DAYS really has had a few ridiculous characters or stories and this happened to be one. Interesting to see everyone look younger though. :D Hubba hubba, HOPE. haha.

November 26, 2012 at 12:12 pm
(5) Voice of Reason says:

I remember watching that for the first time and thinking it was a riot! I think this is when James Reilly was writing. He was a little zany so the Susan thing was a little out there, but it provided some comic relief! I think a cool twist would be if Kristen was Susan in disguise. It totally makes sense too, since Kristen’s plan was to send Susan to a remote island as a slave. Susan switched places with her and Kristen ended up on that island. It will be interesting to see if the writers remember that.

November 26, 2012 at 7:23 pm
(6) DE says:

I would LOVE to go back in time and catch each show from the debut of Days through today. Imagine what it could do for the ratings if toDays sometimers could get to know these characters from the very beginning.

November 26, 2012 at 11:27 pm
(7) Edythe says:

Love live them.. Keep them coming.

December 5, 2013 at 7:22 pm
(8) Tom Davis says:

When I think about vintage episodes of Days of Our Lives, I am taken back to the 1968-1969 season of the show. I hope someday that Sony will realize what a gold mine they have in these old shows. These were definitely “the good old days”. The stories were riveting character driven, and epitomize the soap opera genre.