1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives' Bryan Dattilo Wants More Air Time

By December 5, 2012

bryan dattiloDays of Our Lives' Bryan Datillo wants more air time and he's reaching out to fans for help.

"[Shout] out for Lucas," Dattilo tweeted on December 5. "Let's hear it peeps. I need more air time. Let them hear u." That's "them," as in the powers-that-be at Days of Our Lives.

Dattilo, who returned to the soap in February 2012, has had barely any screen time or story action in recent months; except for an occasional scene with Chandler Massey (Will) or Freddie Smith (Sonny). After a powerful re-introduction to the show, it's been sad to see the popular character fade to the background.

If you want to see more Lucas, contact the show's comment line at: (818) 840-2067 or  (212) 664-2333.

You can also tweet the show at:  @DaysofOurLives.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

December 5, 2012 at 11:27 pm
(1) mark says:

I WANT TO SEE MORE LUCAS ! Didn’t he leave the last time because they were showing more of Rafe and E J the last time ? I think I remember the last time he said he getting tired of the passions people getting more air time than him and i didn’t blame him then for leaving the show. I sooooo wish Days would get rid of some people though. Maybe Nick and idiot Gabi would get married and then LEAVE the show. I soooo wish they would get rid of Kristen and Billie is already leaving because of less air time and to beat it all Nancy and Chloe are coming back next year good grief. Also, maybe Rafe could leave with Nick and Gabi. I have always wanted Lucas and Sami back so, I wish Lucas would get more air time. I hope this is not happening all over again. : (

December 6, 2012 at 11:49 am
(2) annie says:

piss on Days,they bring all these actors back and then they cant write a SL for them,,,,
I love Bryan/Lucas and he needs to be on the show every week and more then a few secons….
Im so happy Marlena and John has a SL for now…
sick to death of Rafe and EJ and Sami,they do nothing but the same crap everyday,this is becauce the writers dont do there job so the actors can do there’s :( where the hell is Hope?
and I hope Marlena slaps the hell out of Kristen,she want last long…
and then here comes Billie,they do nothing for her,so why did she come back @@
and Im sick sick sick of Dan and Jenn,they killed of Jack and no one likes Dan w Jenn @@@
this show is just way to sick to watch any more….

December 6, 2012 at 12:38 pm
(3) BLONDIE says:

I like bryan he is good but he does need a good story line and how about sending him to his job! he is supposed to be working with kate.
Doesn’t anybody there ever watch any other shows?those people go to work for something to do..I am also tired of lucas playing a debbie downer role, it isn’t all about him and he is better than that.

December 6, 2012 at 1:55 pm
(4) mouse says:

I never liked Lucas with Sami. The last time he was on
they yelled and screamed at each other too much.

it’s too bad they can’t have Lucas in the Will/Sonny s/l more.

December 6, 2012 at 4:02 pm
(5) Kay says:

I wish there was more Lucas. The show is so boring I stopped watching. Same ole crap everyday. Sad to think Lucas won’t even be involved in his own grandchild’s storyline.

December 6, 2012 at 5:03 pm
(6) michelle says:

YES KEEP BRYAN DATTILO HE IS FUN TO SEE

December 6, 2012 at 5:38 pm
(7) sandee says:

put Lucas with Chloe when she comes back, and then let Parker turn out to be Daniel’s son…would be a good storyline for Lucas if he had absolutely fallen in love with the baby, and wanted to raise him…but i guess there’s already a storyline with someone raising someone else’s baby….oh well, it could have worked

December 6, 2012 at 5:41 pm
(8) Sierra Sue says:

With this horrid story line, Lucas is our only hope !!

Please give him more air time and develop a good new “girlfriend”
for him !

December 6, 2012 at 6:29 pm
(9) Rosieroserson says:

Reunite Lucas with Autumn and let them plan Nickabi’s wedding!

December 6, 2012 at 8:08 pm
(10) mark says:

Here are the people I am really not liking at the moment on DAYS ! : ( 1. ) Gabi 2. ) Rafe 3. ) Nick 4 ) Nicole 5 ) Jennifer 6 ) Daniel 7 ) Kristen 8 ) Stefano if they are not going to show him much anymore either. All of those 8 people really need to go. They are just boring to me and Days already has a big cast anyway . They really need to get rid of those people and not add anymore for now. I still hate that Jack and Bo left and I am already wondering what Days is going to be like on Christmas this year also. Also, one more thing whats happened to Celeste and Abe ? Been missing those two as well.

December 7, 2012 at 2:40 am
(11) Dmitri says:

Mark I agree, I miss Abe, and I do not know where Celeste is, lol. I agree with everyone, I want to see more of Lucas, maybe Lumi, I love them, but I am fine with Safe too. Just to see Lucas more would be nice. Tired of Dannifer, they suck and have too m,uch airtime. Just marry them and kick them off the show IMO would be good.

December 7, 2012 at 1:53 pm
(12) mark says:

Celeste, was Lexie’s mom. She came back with Cameron when they introduced him on the show. Celeste has been missing alot lately. Now they have recasted Cameron so i don’t know now whats happening with Celeste. Whenever they show Cameron he never even mentions her anymore. It’s like she has totally disappeared.

December 8, 2012 at 11:00 am
(13) diana says:

Please use all actors on the show. Please keep Days of lives on the air.

December 10, 2012 at 4:47 pm
(14) PicoRachel says:

Bring back Lucas and Abe!

December 10, 2012 at 4:56 pm
(15) Carmie says:

Why do we continually bring back actors to the show only to push them back out? Lucas is great. Let’s get things rolling for him. He can get together with Gabby or bring back Melody.

December 10, 2012 at 5:10 pm
(16) disenchanted says:

Lots of luck with that, Brian. You see how much good speaking out did for Bo fans, don’t you? Seriously, good luck

December 10, 2012 at 5:36 pm
(17) wolfer says:

Love to have Bry/Lucas on the show everyday,,,

December 10, 2012 at 5:48 pm
(18) Dixie Smith says:

I’m already not Tevo-ing Days anymore. It sucks!

December 10, 2012 at 6:03 pm
(19) Lorraine says:

Yes, give Lucas a JUICY story line that will drive fickle, sleep with anyone Sami absolutely nuts! The EJ Sami bit has run its course and is boring. I fast forward thru it. The Brady Kristen thing is ick and should go away. I want Chloe back with Daniel — do another test and find out Parker really is his. Anything to stop the mealy mouth Jen with Dan. AND what is miss holier than thou who ran around knifing and mugging people so upset with Nick. He also,committed his crime because of drugs. Poor writing.

December 10, 2012 at 6:31 pm
(20) BARBARA says:

I think that Bryan should be getting more time. He is a good actor. Lucas should do more, He should be the one who figures out about Will and the baby, The father and son should get closer because of it. Will needs to talk to someone about the way things are going, Will needs to hold it together. And his father should be the one.

December 10, 2012 at 6:40 pm
(21) Barbara says:

Please give him more air time, he is great. I like having a nice person, You could make him and will get closer and let his father figure out that Will is really the father of her baby. It is about time to get them closer.
You could do so much more with the actors than what Days is doing right now.

December 10, 2012 at 7:11 pm
(22) Emma says:

More and more of Lucas – he’s the really only “natural” acting star on the
show and Days is lucky he’s back. He’s great and makes you forget you
are watching a soap – it’s like real life drama with him.
MORE AND MORE LUCAS!

December 10, 2012 at 7:23 pm
(23) JOAAN says:

LUCAS, LUCAS,LUCAS,LUCAS,LUCAS,LUCAS,LUCASLUCAS

BRING ON LUCAS,HEAR MORE LUCAS,SEE MORE LUCAS

December 10, 2012 at 7:36 pm
(24) sue says:

i miss lucas alot .i am so glad he came back,but he dont have a good story..i liked hin with sami,,let lucas have a good story soon

December 10, 2012 at 7:39 pm
(25) jodi says:

I LOVE LUCAS , LUCAS GET HIM A GOOD STORY,

December 10, 2012 at 7:44 pm
(26) carol says:

I LOVE LUCAS GIVE HIM A GOOD STORY

December 11, 2012 at 1:50 am
(27) Ellyn says:

Lucas should have more airtime. Maybe there should be a three-way fight over Sami. I love the show and will continue to watch it as long as it is on.

December 11, 2012 at 4:39 am
(28) David says:

Please get rid of Lucas aka Pucas, he is annoying as hell. His character is just creepy and he can’t act. Also, why do we still need Abe after Lexie’s death? Phase out Rafe, tired of his doe eye ignorance. And why isn’t Stefano back yet? He is the star of this series along with Sami and EJ. And I’ve changed my mind about Nicole. Her acting skills make up for her shady character. And let’s see some more of Father Eric without his frock. And more of Kate, she is the best. You need a better technical adviser for the Will and Sonny affair. You would never see acts of public affection in a small town like Salem, much less holding hands and kissing in public; the gays don’t even do that in West Hollywood. No wonder the matron watchers are so upset, it’s just not realistic and forces a subject instead of educating on it. Last word, Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) join Melanie and Bo.

December 11, 2012 at 4:57 am
(29) Dr. Sick says:

DUMP LUCAS!!!!!!!DUMP LUCAS!!! Get another day job Dattilo!!

December 11, 2012 at 8:13 am
(30) Sharon says:

I love Lucas. I would like to see him working in one of the offices getting involved in the story lines there. He needs another leading lady though.

December 11, 2012 at 3:47 pm
(31) Patricia says:

Yes I would like to see more of Lucas. I would like to see him meet someone new on the show. I don’t feel they have to many actors on show. They need to develop them more and give them story lines. I look forward to the show each day.

December 12, 2012 at 12:47 am
(32) annies says:

I LOVE LUCAS but he really needs a storyline! Couldn’t there possibly be a secretary or assistant or even an Autumn working at Mad World or Countess W that could be a person of interest for him? Why can’t Rafe and EJ both lose Sami ‘as the prize’ vendetta/contest thing they have for each other and she ends up with Lucas again? I love that he is the ONLY one of her ex’s that can make her toe the line. Rafe fell so hard and so fast for Carrie it was unreal. Then the whole Nicole thing. After the way he went after Nicole for the Sydney thing. Now that there’s no one else left, he’s still in love with Sami? Stupid and Sami shouldn’t forgive him so easily like she did with the Nicole’s baby daddy drama. EJ should have someone else too. Maybe Nicole. Maybe Chloe. Get rid of Gabi, Nick, Rafe, Billie, John and Marlena and bring on some new exciting people.

December 12, 2012 at 12:04 pm
(33) Pam says:

I would love to see Bryan have more air time what kinda tickse off is…..they bring h back give him a great story line, he and Sami end up back together after he breaks up with Autumn. But then low and behold he and Sami break up and he has virtually no story anymore, come on DOOL that’s not fair to Bryan or us the viewers. Give him a story that will keep him. There are other characters that need more story also and dome could have a little less. Wanna see more of Abe also.

December 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm
(34) janiebell says:

Lucas and Sammi are great together. Please, give us viewers more Lucas/SAMI/wILL storylines and more storylines of/for Lucas Roberts Horton. As well as more Roman Brady.

December 13, 2012 at 8:57 am
(35) Pam says:

YES…..I must agree Roman Brady does need a good story line, bring h into the limelight with a hot romance. That would be awesome haven’t seen him in aromance in quite some time.

December 13, 2012 at 1:53 pm
(36) michelle says:

i hope you do keep lucas i like him and will and sami working together they so much fun to see keep lucas

December 13, 2012 at 2:01 pm
(37) michelle says:

hi i would like you keep lucas he is fun to see get rid of rafe he to dumb to see i like lucas he much more fun to see keep him on days i see more of lucas i hope keep him michelle

December 15, 2012 at 12:12 pm
(38) JanJan says:

Definitely Bryan Datillo needs to play a larger role in DOOL. He is a fine actor who deserves a larger storyline, a new love interest, etc. He should play a larger role in running Countess Whilemena. Anything it takes.

December 15, 2012 at 2:08 pm
(39) Joan Matlack says:

I agree that Lucas needs more to do on the show. I always liked him with Sami because she could be completely honest with him and they both were diabolical. Also I am sick of seeing Jennifer appear on Daniel’s doorstep and try to wheedle into his life. I’d like to see both of them gone.

December 17, 2012 at 8:03 pm
(40) Rocky says:

Yesterdays magic has came and gone for these two! I think they need another match for Lucas. Sami and Lucas just doesn’t work any more.

December 17, 2012 at 8:05 pm
(41) Rocky says:

No more Lucas and Sami! I hope he gets more air time with someone else.

December 20, 2012 at 12:11 am
(42) debbieg says:

Would love to see more Bryan Dattilo on Days!! He came to days in February as an engaged man and then broke it off with Autunm when things started to evolve with Sami…..but now that that story line has run it’s course why not have Autumn appear in Salem and try to reconnect with Lucas….this could be a start of a new super couple. This could also create a new dynamic with Sami……this could be an intriguing story line…

December 22, 2012 at 6:22 pm
(43) Elaine says:

Give Lucas a bigger part. Why not a new person in his life or something. He is a good actor

January 3, 2013 at 8:01 pm
(44) michelle says:

yes i would more of lucas

January 14, 2013 at 3:34 am
(45) Reese says:

Give Lucas a story. His own business story with Kate where they try to get back Cojuntess W. while working for Mad World. Give him his own love interest for now. Bryan is hot and gorgeous and a truly talented actor. His Lucas Horton is a core character and should be used more. There’s so much more story for this fan favorite. Use him.

April 16, 2013 at 8:29 pm
(46) Babs says:

Lucas is such a wonderful actor. He is great to look at, listen to and you have created such a unique talented character and father. Use it. He can still have many arguments with Sami and have a girlfriend too. What about the possibility of going back to Nicole, Chloe or someone new? And he is young enough to have more kids and be a grandfather. Give him more air time. He deserves it and he is good at it. More Lucas!

June 20, 2013 at 11:34 pm
(47) nancy l wagner says:

I have not watched DOOL for several years so had no idea Lucas was back. This is one of the reasons I stopped watching and, also, because others ,such as Steve, were out of the show. Show more of Lucas and some of the others who can really keep things hopping and are good actors and actresses. LOVE YOU LUCAS!!!