1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days' Alison Sweeney to Co-Host New Year's Day Roses Parade

By December 6, 2012

Alison SweeneyDays of Our Lives' Alison Sweeney has some exciting news to share: she's co-hosting the Tournament of Roses Parade with Today's Al Roker on New Year's Day.

Sweeney, who grew up in Pasadena, has been attending the parade annually with her family for years. Hence, she's thrilled to be hosting it.

"My dad will be bringing Ben and Megan to watch the festivities," shared Sweeney about her children on her website, alisonsweeney.com. "I remember us riding our bikes to the parade route when when I was their age, so I know they'll be as fascinated by the floats as I was."

The theme for this year's parade is "Oh, the Places You'll Go!," the title of the popular Dr. Seuss book. Jane Goodall, the world renowned primatologist, animal welfare advocate, UN Messenger of Peace and founder of the Jane Goodall Institute, will be this year's grand marshal. The parade will feature 42 lavish floral floats, 21 high-stepping equestrian teams and 23 incredible marching bands from as far away as Japan. This year's Rose Queen and her court will also appear, along with special guests on spectacular floats.

The 124th Tournament of Roses Parade will air from 11:30 am to 1 pm ET on NBC.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Chris Haston

Comments

December 6, 2012 at 5:56 pm
(1) BLONDIE says:

Congrates Allie Al couldn’t have picked a better partner. You will be great can’t wait. Allright all you Day’s fans out there do still have any doubt just who the star of Days is? Because any loyal fan knows it is Allie and has been for many years.

December 6, 2012 at 6:11 pm
(2) Donnie says:

Nobody is the “star of the show”. It is the whole cast that is the star of Days!

December 6, 2012 at 6:16 pm
(3) anna says:

I wish she would work some where else for about 20 years,and then maybe the other actors can have some air time and she can take EJ and Rafe with her sick of the Sami show.

MORE AIR TIME FOR BRYAN/LUCAS

December 7, 2012 at 1:23 am
(4) Tony says:

I love Alison Sweeney and think it’s great she will be hosting the parade. More power to you girlfriend !!!!

December 10, 2012 at 5:14 pm
(5) Claudia says:

I for one am tired of Sami and Ej. Seams as if writes and Mr. Corday have forgotten that they have a lot of other actors on this show. Can’t stand Kristin now or when she was on before. Am 59 and have watched since I was 14-15 but the show is turning me off.

December 10, 2012 at 6:00 pm
(6) Okla. Grannie says:

Sami has grown up and into a really top actress. But~ there are other good actors and actresses on this show besides her. Her character’s “dependable” ability to screw up every relationship she has is what keeps things lively. All you groaners and haters out there, just stop and think for a minute!~~If all of them paired up with who you wish they would and had a very happy, plain relationship, if nobody ever had any troubles, pains, grief, or regrets, never screwed up anything, if everybody got rich and all had beautiful, healthy, happy talented kids, why would you want to tune in to it everyday? Nothing exciting there!
No mysterious murders to solve, characters to grieve, nobody sleeping with somebody else’s mate, ~~no story!!

December 11, 2012 at 8:51 am
(7) Darlina says:

I agree 100% with Okla.Granny. The truth of the matter is Alison Sweeney DOES make the show along with evil EJ. I hate to see her going with other projects though as she may find something she likes to do better and want to leave the show. If that were to happen I would no long watch DOOL. I know other people may like other actors/actresses better but in the end there is no mistake about it Alison Sweeney IS the star of the show. HOWEVER I do think they should give more air time to Bryan Dattilo as he is a good actor and they need to pair him up with a girlfriend or wife and let him take over where Bo and Hope left off.

December 14, 2012 at 11:26 pm
(8) Thelma says:

Sami keeps the show interesting because she is a very good actress. I enjoy watching her and would not watch if it was only about john and marlena (so boring) and Bo and Hope. There is just nothing interesting about their lives. I usually fast forwad on those days.

December 15, 2012 at 12:21 pm
(9) JanJan says:

The character of Sami Brady has been a major part of DOOL for a few decades, and if she were ever written off the show, a huge void would be unfilled. And, no one can play her like Ali. I for one hope she grows old playing Sami.

December 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm
(10) sus says:

I heard she is resigning DOOL in January.

January 4, 2014 at 3:25 am
(11) seo says:

Hey there I am so delighted I found your site, I really found you by error, while I
was looking on Askjeeve for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like
to say many thanks for a remarkable post and a all round interesting blog (I also love
the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the moment but
I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when
I have time I will be back to read much more, Please
do keep up the excellent job.

Here is my web blog :: <a href=”http://google.com”>seo</a>

March 30, 2014 at 6:44 pm
(12) phpnuke hosting theme says:

If the endd result іs not ԝhat уou wantsd thee website
tߋ lߋօk like, уߋu саn sim