1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days' Shawn Christian on Nadia Bjorlin's Return as Chloe

By December 10, 2012

shawn christianDays of Our Lives' Shawn Christian opens up about some interesting subjects in the new issue of Soap Opera Digest, including Nadia Bjorlin's return as Chloe.

"There's a lot of unresolved business between the two," explains Christian. "I know that there were fans who weren't happy that Daniel distanced himself from Chloe after their divorce."

And a number of those fans hold Daniel responsible to Chloe's subsequent downfall. "They sort of blame him for her becoming a prostitute," he notes.

In the interview, Christian also discusses his tumultuous four year journey with Days and the fun he's been having playing Daniel opposite Arianne Zucker's Nicole. "They call each other on their darkest stuff," notes the actor about the two characters.

Christian shares some personal insight, too, opening up about the loss of his father and how attending to 2012 Daytime Emmy Awards with his mother helped them "escape some of the heartache."

To read Christian's full interview, pick up Soap Opera Digest on sale now.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Chris Haston

Comments

December 11, 2012 at 9:53 am
(1) imaneassi says:

Oh no .We just don’t blame him for his distance but for everything that happened since Chloe’s HP.He totally failed her,wrecked their relationship long before the ons and acted like a poor blameless innocent victim when it backfired.He’s been a poison to Chloe,she deserves better and he sure doesn’t deserve a 2nd chance with her or Parker

December 11, 2012 at 6:17 pm
(2) Dmitri says:

It is ridiculous to blame Daniel for Chloe’s downfall. Quinn and Kate are to blame for her prostitution, and her, of course. Daniel had a right to divorce her because she cheated on him with Philip and lied to him about it. Now, we can blame manipulative Vivian for that, but we can also blame Chloe for lying to Daniel and not talking to him first instead of believing that snake!

December 12, 2012 at 10:08 am
(3) imane assi says:

Hein?He fails her,emotionally cheats on her,puts his ex before her and when it backfires he plays victim?Where was he when Chloe needed
him through her HP and the news that she had 2% of chances of ever getting pregnant?Kissing Carly’s ass.Why didn’t he see the signs of Chloe’s PPD right after she gave birth?And there was many of them.Because he was kissing Carly’s ass.So Daniel brought it ton himself and blamed Chloe.Beside he sure isn’t a man of his words:”I will always love you no matter what even if you put me through hell,there is nothing that you could do that could make me stop loving you,I’m your man today tomorrow and forever blablabla”And he couldn’t even take 5 minutes to listen to what Chloe had to say,to ask a 2nd paternity test before getting rid of both of them,couldn’t get over his huge ego getting hurt knowing that she was set up and drunk and that he failed her over and over again,.It’s simple:If Daniel loved her 1/4 as much as he claimed he did,he would have reacted very differently knowing everything he does know.But no.He got rid of both of them faster than he could blink and moved on with Jennifer even faster.

As far as telling him,she did try over and over and over and over…..again,but he refused to listen and shut her up putting his finger on her lips and claiming that the past didn’t matter,EVERY SINGLE TIME.Chloe is too good for him and he sure doesn’t deserve a 2nd chance with her or Parker.I don’t give a dam if he livesr diues as ling as he stays away from Chloe.He poisonned her life more than enough already.

December 17, 2012 at 5:44 pm
(4) Sandy says:

My god people it is just a soap opera. Do you hear yourselves making the comments? I enjoy watching DOOL but I realize it is make believe.

December 17, 2012 at 8:01 pm
(5) mamabea says:

please let daniel have his love, jennifer and ignore chloe. i am so ready for one of these situations to work out and there’s just a limit on how much drama we can handle all the time.

December 18, 2012 at 12:39 pm
(6) JB says:

what Sandy said…:)

December 18, 2012 at 1:11 pm
(7) raymone says:

I enjoy Daniel and Jennifer together. He is a better person with her….and not so overtly sexy which is even sexier if that is possible.

December 20, 2012 at 12:38 pm
(8) Wien says:

I think Daniel matched paired to Chloe … because I think the story would be more interesting than Daniel fitted with Jenn. Jenn too nice and straight so as to give rise to a more interesting story than this couple probably will seem stiff. And more bothered figure Daniel was not balanced when paired with a figure Jenn, women look older than her male….Good luck!

December 20, 2012 at 12:46 pm
(9) wiwin erwinda says:

December 20, 2012 at 1:44 pm
(10) Farah says:

Wow people get serious about their soap. Lol I agree with Sandy. I will be glad to see Chloe back but I hope they do not try to repair her with Daniel. I really like Jen and Daniel together…

December 20, 2012 at 5:03 pm
(11) Joanne says:

NO NO NO do not pair Daniel with Chloe!!! By the way she ruined her relationship with Daniel not him, by having an affair with Philip, I really don’t know why DOOL lets actors come back once they have left, I felt she brought nothing to this soap.

December 25, 2012 at 10:09 am
(12) GuessWho says:

Hugh fan of Jenny and Daniel. Should be the next Alice and Tom

January 1, 2013 at 5:09 pm
(13) Cally says:

WHY bring Chloe back again ?
Please don’t try to break up with Jennifer and Daniel . they are so good with each other. Hope Chole stays away from them .
Please dont let Kristen go with BRADY . She uses him . Brady is young and falls in love with her , he’s BLIND.
Hope Brady will wake up and realize Kristen is the same old Bitch .
Not interested in watching SAMI she wants two MEN in her life , GREEDY lady, Bossyand nosy when she runs over to help GABI , just doing it so she can get some atteiin from RAFE. or stays closer to him (ROLL my eyes )
Keep up good show HOPE DAYS of OUR LIVES will win in the next award in 2013 !! :)

January 1, 2013 at 7:58 pm
(14) Darrin says:

THE NEXT TOM AND ALICE??? are you kidding?? Maybe Jennifer, but not daniel, he’s a total manwhore, a terrible actor, i wish chloe would come back solely to take daniel out of town with her permanently, daniel and jennifer do not look good together at all, she belonged with jack, and are we not forgetting, daniel is maggies son, maggies is jennifer’s aunt….THEY’RE COUSINS!!!! eww and double eww. Peter should come back ( if not jason brooks, then a recast ) and be with jennifer, since his sister kristen is back in town, and chloe and parker and daniel should live unhappily ever after off screen permanently, chloe was good back when she was teenage ghoul girl…but everytime she’s come back they’ve just ruined her character more and more….the only good thing about this return, is that it’s bringing back patrika darbo for a stint. :)

January 8, 2013 at 9:28 pm
(15) Charlotte says:

Daniel and Jenifer just got back together. They could have let them be together & happy for a little while before inserting Chloe back into their lives. But it is a soap opera so why would I think any one can ever be happy !Even for a short time. Now that Parker is Dan’s child, of course he will feel obligated to be with Chloe and you know she will be finding ways to interrup Daniel and Jenn when they are together. So now they are bringing her mom in to add to the confusion. I like Chloe, but Jenifer and Daniel belong together.
Find a story for Hope, Please. Brady & Kristen are getting on my last nerve. Send Kristen back to Y&R to help Jack! and regain Jabot.