1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By December 18, 2012

nadia bjorlinHere's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives.

Fans hoping that Nadia Bjorlin will extend her stay as Chloe Lane -- she's set to return to the show on January 4 -- are out of luck. An inside source confirms that the actress has decided to leave the soap once her short term contract is up. Bjorlin, however, will air into the spring of 2013.

Patrika Darbo's stint as Chloe's mom, Nancy, will also come to an end, when Bjorlin exits the show.

Due to last week's preemption, Nathan Owens' premiere date has changed. The actor will now debut as Dr. Cameron Davis on December 24.

After a long break, Judi Evans is set to resurface as Adrienne. The actress has scenes with TV son Freddie Smith (Sonny) and Lauren Koslow (Kate) on December 31.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/Imeh Akpanudosen

Comments

December 24, 2012 at 5:15 pm
(1) Claire says:

Oh, why bother! There is so little character building on this show anymore. We have people coming in and out, here but really gone (Bo) and lame story lines. You hack the characters, especially Nicole and give so much face time to Jenniffer and her daughter both boring. Sami is like an albatross we must drag around. Let’s find an interest for Lucus, bring back Stefano, put Kate in the mix, get Eric out of that collar and let’s move it!!

December 24, 2012 at 5:22 pm
(2) Jeri says:

Tried to look at the 2013 previews, and I got some message that would not go to the site. What gives?

December 24, 2012 at 5:57 pm
(3) Jenny Peerey says:

I got the same error message on the 2013 preview also

December 24, 2012 at 11:20 pm
(4) Barb says:

I totally agree with the first poster…why bother bringing Chloe back… and then have her leave…again?
The show is terrible!!! Terrible!!! And , I have been a Days watcher for …40 yrs.
They bring back Kristen and pair her with oh so boring Brady. Who cares why she is in Salem… I was happy she was out
There is no actor on Days that has any kind of riveting storyline..NONE!!
I honestly can not see why NBC hasn’t cancelled this soap. It can’t hold a candle to show like As The World Turns.
Jennifer, Maggie, Victor, Hope, Carolyn…. Justin, Adrienne, what stories do these characters have? All they do is flit through a scene in the pub with a cup of tea or coffee, or a drink.
Sammie, …I don’t care who the heck she picks… EJ, or Rafe… no one does anything interesting.
These writers are terrible!!!!!!!!!!!

December 25, 2012 at 2:14 am
(5) pat says:

Where is Stefano ? He has been out of the story for a long time now.
Is he coming back or is he gone from Days for good?

December 25, 2012 at 10:23 am
(6) evelyn says:

jennifer is a boring sissy why bother with her bring back nicole with daniel and get rid of will and sonny gays have no place in this soap its disgusting there are no exiting story in this soap bring back bo and stephano

December 25, 2012 at 1:38 pm
(7) Hannah says:

I’ve watched Days since I was very young, which was a long time ago. I don’t agree that the show is awfiul, but there are some storylines & characters that are not interesting. I find the character of Kristen to be thouroughly boring. Eileen Davis is talented, but her dyed blond hair detracts from her supposed impossible to resist quality.. Sadly, I’m not impressed with the story line, or lack thereof, for John & Marlena. There are many storylines that are just beginning, but some events happen without much introduction — why is Brady attracted to Kristen? She’s a lot older than he is…but then he has had taste in women. I’m waiting for Sami to chose Rafe…there is tension in that storyline & it may erupt into something ineresting.
I don’t like the pretense that Bo is still around — in a few weeks bring in a new actory to play Bo. Having Hope talking with various characters is not riveting. The Altzeihmer storyline could have been realistic if it showed the real issues…

December 25, 2012 at 2:19 pm
(8) Helen H says:

So many negative comments and you were loyal DOOL fans?? Sure there are some stale stories but some good.. I happen to like Jennifer and Daniel…Ej and Sami….I alway love her, why so negative about Sami, shes had 20 and have evolved well…I still cannot get over Bo being gone, do not have an answer to that one. Caroline’s alzheimers-give it a chance, they still talk about it and if a new med is around lets hear about it. Love having Doug and Julie, cannot wait to see Kayla and Abe connect…I would like Chad and Abigail to gether but get another actress or improve her acting somehow. I will still follow and do not care for the other soaps; Y& R, General Hosp or Bold and Beautiful.
As the world turns was canceled.

December 25, 2012 at 3:05 pm
(9) TomBry says:

I am in love with this show and I know 1000s online that have to have it like a drug everyday. I am one of them. I know change is hard, but times change and so do people. If you can’t stand the show anymore then move on please. It’s getting to where some are behaving like stalkers or trolls, they just show up to trash the show. And to those that want “the gays” to go away, sorry not going to happen, because we are here and we watch the show just like you, and we have every right to be a part of any show that the producers want us a part of. We have jobs and spend our hard money on the products advertised just like you. And wehave a right to be included in any show that we spend our money on. So get used to it, we have a right to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” just like any other american. The Will and Sonny love story has a huge following and we as gay people have every right to have our stories included on any show. The closet doors are swinging open and we are tired of living in hiding because of people like you. We have life partners that we love with our whole hearts. We have always been here and now we are starting to live a life of freedom. So you can keep your prejudice and bigotry, we choose love thy neighbor as thyself, live and let live, cause love is not a sin..

January 13, 2013 at 7:40 pm
(10) tracy mccallister says:

i agree, why bring all the people back if they are just gonna take them off.

February 11, 2013 at 2:37 pm
(11) andmelissa says:

i love the jenniferdaniel story line.they need to get together already!!! i say get rid of chole the sooner the better!