1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

What Was the Best Days of Our Lives Storyline of 2012?

By December 18, 2012

Peter ReckellThere were some major moments in Salem over this past year -- from tragedies to social issues to big returns and huge cast exits.

Weigh in on what you think was the best Days of Our Lives storyline of 2012.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

December 19, 2012 at 12:59 am
(1) Joanne says:

Bo’s last scenes were the best, although I’m still holding out hope that he will return to the show. He and Hope are the only real supercouple left on the show.

December 19, 2012 at 1:38 am
(2) Janelle says:

I’m not sure it’s really fair to split up Caroline’s Alzheimer’s battle & Bo’s goodbye, since they were such tightly intertwined stories. I’m voting for that mix as my favorite. FANTASTIC performances from everyone involved!

(And yes, I’m still holding out for Peter Reckell’s return, too!)

December 19, 2012 at 1:55 am
(3) natalie says:

I was truly sad when Renee Jones decided to retire after 20 years! I grew up with lexie and Abe! And it disappoints me Abe barley doesn’t have a story line anymore! I m not a huge fan with the gay turn out of will! I m a true sami and rafe fan but I m so tired of that story line between rafe and ej! How many times have they done this story! I m already sick of Kristen yet I was really excited to have Eileen Davidson come back after 12 years! Please I love days of our lives been watching over 25 years but come on change story up and stop doing same story after story! Do something new!!

December 19, 2012 at 5:44 am
(4) mouse says:

I have to agree with you natalie. I want something new on the show.
I’m tired of the repeating s/l with other people.

I think we know what’s going to happen at the Gabi’s wedding. Didn’t
something happen when Sami married Austin. People found out he
wasn’t the daddy afterall.

I don’t think I can vote. There haven’t been many happy stories in Salem
this year and how many times has Stefano come back
from the dead ;)

December 19, 2012 at 11:42 am
(5) natalie says:

Mouse thank, yeah you r right! Sami and Austin! And stephano back from the dead! Well maybe 2013 will be different

December 19, 2012 at 12:17 pm
(6) Quinny says:

Yes, but the difference between the Sami & Austin story and the Nick & Gabi story is Nick already knows he’s not the father and Will wasnt left in the dark like Lucas was. Really no comparison.

December 19, 2012 at 4:01 pm
(7) mark says:

I voted for the DAYSASTER. : ) I hated Jack had to die though because I miss him. I wish Gabi and Andrew could have died in that disaster instead Jack did. I got to where I didn’t care about Madison. I liked her at first though though she would be best friends with sami then the writers runied Madison. : ( Also, loved how NBC kept us hanging during the olympics waiting to see who lives or dies. That was classic. I hope Days does something like that again in 2013. : ) Merry Christmas everyone.

December 19, 2012 at 4:47 pm
(8) Dmitri says:

I would’ve voted for the gay storyline, but I don’t like how a baby was incorporated into it, so I voted for Lexie’s death, because it was handled so well, though many of the vets have not been shown much. DAYSaster was sad because Jack and Madison died, and I hate EJami, but I just didn’t think it was that good anyways. Sami’s love triangles are never interesting. It’s just repeated material, but if the triangle was her, Lucas and Rafe, that could be new and good. Melanie leaving was OK. I mean, I like her, but her character was just such a bore lately, and Chelanie became very boring. Bo and Caroline’s storylines could’ve been good, but I wish Bo stayed, and Caroline’s story was very rushed. Stefano returning from the dead was expected, and also we have barely seen him, so I didn’t vote for that. Nicole’s storyline was emotional, but eveyrone fawning over Dr. Jonas is overdone, boring and unrealistic, and Nicole did the wrong thing (I love Nicole and hate Jennifer, but it is what it is). Kristen’s storyline is alright, but it has dragged out for so long and is getting a bit bland.

December 19, 2012 at 6:23 pm
(9) daysviewer says:

I voted for Lexie’s death b/c it really did get to me and was done in a timely manner.

Jack and Madison would be my next choice since that was something different, but by that time Jack’s character was more of a prop although I liked his scenes with Abigail. I thought Madison was different and that Brady needed a good romance story instead of a bed hopping one with all of the females in Salem already.

Stefano back from the dead, Sami’s love triangle, & Nicole’s baby schemes are old news.

Chad and Melanie were getting boring too with stalker Gabi there.

Kristen’s return was exciting at first since there aren’t many female villians anymore, but her storyline is getting boring now.

Will coming out and getting together with Sonny was definitely new, but then they threw in that old used up and so predicted pregnancy and that messed that story up.

I like Bo, but lately his on-screen story wasn’t all that great (I know it’s not his fault) so his exiting wasn’t that big to me.

Caroline’s story could have been good for her and Bo, but due to them trying to get Bo out, they rushed her story too fast. It was like Alzheimer’s and Bo’s good-byes in 2-3 episodes so we didn’t get a chance to really feel too much for them and then she comes back in less then a month and has recovered…amazing drugs!

December 19, 2012 at 11:49 pm
(10) Kat says:

Please Please Please break up the horrible “thing” between Kristen and Brady …. OMG already it is disgusting to see Brady with someone who looks old enough to be his mother !! Simply grosse, I can hardly watch it anymore and I have watched this program for 40 years .

Bo has to come back, it won’t be the same if he and Hope leave the show.

And I also agree, enough of EJ and Sami and Rafe …. let Sami and Rafe be together …..

December 20, 2012 at 6:10 am
(11) mouse says:

Since I can’t post at NBC anymore, I’m going to post this here.

I enjoyed EJ with his kids on Tues show. He told Samantha he
was teaching them the true meaning of Christmas. He didn’t say
what that was though. Is it giving to others and not oneself?

The true meaning of the holiday (whatever it is) has gotten lost
more the past few years. Kids wanting this and that. Advertisers
telling men buy jewelry or whatever. Buying wrapping paper and the
last I heard it’s still not recyclable

You wonder what the world would be like if we got rid of the presents
and the give me, give me at this time of year.

I love the songs and decorations. Time with family. What more do we need :)

Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Everyone

December 20, 2012 at 3:25 pm
(12) kay says:

I voted for wills gay storyline. I thought Chandler Massey did a wonderful job of bringing this storyline to fruition. he and freddie smith who plays sonny are really good together and I hope this baby drama Will not split them up but bring them closer together as a couple.

December 24, 2012 at 8:40 pm
(13) spookyfoxx says:

(Will) Chandler Massey looks and acts very much like a young James Dean. He should go far as a major actor.

December 26, 2012 at 2:18 pm
(14) louise hicks says:

Lexie’s farewell episodes killed me and I have been furious over Jack’s death,I do not like Daniel with Jenn,they do not look right together.Most of my friends who watch DOOL hate Dan & Jenn as a couple,not right!!

January 1, 2013 at 2:40 pm
(15) Pertpert says:

This is hoping the writers watch our posts. I just finished watching the New Year’s eve episode and it reminded me once again why I like Nicole and EJ. Nicole is like Lucy Ricardo! Ari Zucker should be utilized to her fullest and really turn Nicole into the funny and zany person she could be. And EJ becomes much more human around her. Remember when he dressed up as Elvis, or when he danced the tango, even the time he wore blue jeans instead of that suit? I love these two together. It never made sense the Ejami thing…are you listening?

March 22, 2013 at 9:39 am
(16) Karen says:

I love the show, and have been following, for over 30 years. We need more good couples, to cheer for! Also need to get some humor, back in the show!! Tired of all the depressing storylines! Need some positive things going on!! There are so many “bad guys” right now. Need more people, to cheer for!! Plus the return of humor.