1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Janet Di Lauro

Should Days of Our Lives Replace Peter Reckell?

By January 2, 2013

peter reckellBo Brady has been conspicuously missing from Salem for months. While the soap hasn't addressed the situation -- Bo is just off camera a lot -- it's getting silly having Hope refer to her hubby, but never seeing him. Should Days of Our Lives replace Peter Reckell?

Here are a few casting suggestions:

Paging Denny Duquette
Remember Jeffrey Dean Morgan's turn as the dashing Denny on Grey's Anatomy, the heart patient who won Izzie's heart? Morgan's ruggedness would fit the Bo mold, and he's proven he can master soap-style romance.

Vet Appeal
It's too bad Vincent Irizarry has signed on for Prospect Park's All My Children revival. The soap vet has been playing anti-heroes for years. Plus, wouldn't it be fun to see him cross paths with former Guiding Light leading lady - he was Lujack to her Beth - Judi Evans (Adrienne)?

From Ridge to Rebel
Ronn Moss has been idle since leaving The Bold and the Beautiful as Ridge Forrester, a role that many in the industry thought Reckell could easily slip into. What about turning the tables and having Moss slip into Bo's rabble-rouser boots?

Bo Gone By
Robert Kelker-Kelly hasn't been seen nor heard from since his stint as Stavros on General Hospital. (When I last interviewed the actor, he was living in Massachusetts and working as an aviation maintenance technician.) He's already got Bo Brady (1992 to 1995) on his resume.

The Real Deal
Many would argue that no one could, nor should, replace Peter Reckell. He created Bo in 1983 and quickly turned him into a daytime phenomenon. Since Reckell hasn't signed on for any new acting projects, perhaps it's time he and Days reconvened and worked out an agreement.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

January 2, 2013 at 12:02 pm
(1) carla says:

NOOOOOOOO, Vincent looks nothing like Bo are you stupid?he sucks, why replace Bo when Peter and Kristian have the best chemistry as Bo and HOPE? use common sense

January 2, 2013 at 12:04 pm
(2) Nadine says:

ABSOLUTELY! If he left that is it. Soaps replace people all the time. I have already forgotten him. Enough with this nonsense that he is on a trip!

January 2, 2013 at 12:14 pm
(3) Janelle says:

NO!!!!!! Peter Reckell *IS* Bo Brady. They tried replacing him once before. It didn’t last. Let’s not go down that road again. Bring back “The Real Deal”!!!!

In the meantime, how about a nice “presumed death” for Bo until Peter returns? Neat & tidy, gives the rest of the canvas a good storyline, frees up Hope, “no body found” or “burned beyond recognition” makes it easy to bring him back any time.

January 2, 2013 at 12:26 pm
(4) Maryann says:

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 2, 2013 at 12:38 pm
(5) Shannon says:

NO!!!!!!!! They shouldn’t replace Bo. Peter Reckell is the only one who can play Bo in my book. He has the the best chemistry with Hope!!!! They are so good together. And so what if they have Hope talk like he’s on a trip, they have done it for years with most of the characters that left the show for example Shawn Douglas,Belle,Clare,Chelsey and Max. That’s just to name a few!!!!!!!!!!! Whatever happened with Cassie and Rex? The twins. They act as if their characters never existed on the show so come on now people what the hell!!!!! THEY SHOULD NOT REPLACE BO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 2, 2013 at 12:46 pm
(6) Debbie Nickerson says:

I figure that if money was the reason he;s gone, they’d better come to an amicable agreement. If it was he didn’t want to act the part any more, then by all means, find a good looking guy that would fit well with Kristen Alfonzo and we’ll all get used to it. Unless of course, you really want ALL the original characters in all parts. It’a not like it hasn’t been done before with others. The last time they tried, they just didn’t work hard enough to get the right actor for the part.

January 2, 2013 at 12:47 pm
(7) me says:

Hope and Rafe would work,till Bo comes back….

January 2, 2013 at 1:50 pm
(8) Mary says:

Yes.. I course I want the “real” Bo back but if he is gone.. replace him with Robert Kelker-Kelly he was good as the replacement Bo…But he will always be Sam from AW tome….Otherwise get a new Bo….

January 2, 2013 at 2:18 pm
(9) Bandianni says:

I agree with Debbie…I mean, really…He is only a soap opera character, and a bad acting, boring one at that!! The Hope/Bo couple was only hot because of Hope…Bo was old and stale!!

January 2, 2013 at 2:23 pm
(10) mouse says:

No. He was told no one would and no one should

January 2, 2013 at 2:40 pm
(11) Amber says:

Oh my!! I would LOVE to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan as anyone on Days!!! That would be completely awesome! And if we’re trying to increase ratings….this would certainly help.
I liked Bo, but seriously, if he can walk away…Bye. And I don’t feel he is irreplaceable by any means.

January 2, 2013 at 2:56 pm
(12) sugarbaby says:

I say we get a new Bo and get on with the show! I don’t think that we should have to wait for him to come back.

January 2, 2013 at 3:30 pm
(13) JD says:

Peter is Bo Brady! Why can’t we just negotiate a new deal with Peter and have him come back? No one will ever take his place. He is “Brady” just as Christian is “Fancy Face!!!!!!!!!”

January 2, 2013 at 3:35 pm
(14) JD says:

Peter will always be “Brady” just as Christian will always be “Fancy Face!!!!!!!” They can’t be replaced. Let the network renegotiate.

January 2, 2013 at 3:42 pm
(15) Susan says:

No..Absolutely NO!!! He is one actor that cannot be replaced..

January 2, 2013 at 4:10 pm
(16) mark says:

All i know is Days is making me crazy anymore. I am getting tired of Samis triangle . E J Rafe and Lucas. I hated today seeing John and Brady get into a fight over Kristen. Also, I am tired of the Bo thing. I think they should really kill him off if he is not coming back. Today I was really getting sad seeing a father and son seeing them fight over someone like stupid Kristen. I am already thinking about not watching Fridays show if idiot Chloe is coming back for a short stay. It seems like the only happy couple on the show is wil and sonny. I just wish Days would get it together. They should judt killf Bo off and while there at it get some new writers as well. Also, I hated the Christmas Eipisode. Idiot Gabi got a ornimant to put on the tree and sonny didn’t. ? :( I really hated seeing Hope, Ciara, and Stefano on a computer screen. Why bring back Stefano if u guys on Days are not going to use him much ? I just don’t get it.

January 2, 2013 at 4:19 pm
(17) Heather says:

I think Peter and Days should work something out. Have him back working as a recurring character so he can still travel in his personal life but if he’s not willing to return then either kill off the character or replace him because its not fair on the fans or Kristian.

January 2, 2013 at 6:42 pm
(18) Montira says:

As I had said via Facebook, I would like to see Peter Reckell return as Bo. If they want to recast Bo, however, then Robert Kelker-Kelly might be the next best candidate. The challenge there is that RKK might want the same amount of money that PR wanted but didn’t get. I imagine that Morgan, Irrizary, and Moss would also demand that kind of money to take over the role. If Corday doesn’t want to pay that kind of money, at all, then things will stay as they are.

January 2, 2013 at 6:44 pm
(19) Linda says:

Noooo…do not replace Bo…It’s not the same without him…I’ve been watching since I was 16yrs old..I’m now 65…Bo and Hope belong together on Days…The writers need to come up with better scripts for Bo and Hope…:)

January 2, 2013 at 7:22 pm
(20) mark says:

I HATED the Robert Kelker Kelly this first time around. So don’t even think about that idea. Here is a idea I have. So why doesn’t DAYS do this. For Feb Sweeps. Bo could go to europe to track down Stefano and they can have a shoot out and really kill each other off screen and both of them Really Do Die this time. Wouldn’t that be great. That way they still wouldnt have to show Bo or Stefano ever again. : ) They could have a double funeral for both Bo and Stefano at the end of Feb.

January 2, 2013 at 8:52 pm
(21) jan says:

no…do not replace Bo Bring him back

January 2, 2013 at 9:03 pm
(22) Carol says:

YES! I do miss Peter Reckell alot but I am getting tired of Hope making excuses for his where abouts. Either get a really good look alike actor to replace him or………PETER COME BACK PLEASE! WE MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU!!!!

January 2, 2013 at 9:07 pm
(23) Vicki in Monterey says:

absolutelty n o t !!!

January 2, 2013 at 9:12 pm
(24) Marie says:

If Bo is really not coming back then I think he should die. Then you could have a new story line about Hope after a period of time finding a new love. Pretending he is there, but not showing him is not good. I always thought that when you did it with Maggie and Mikki.

January 2, 2013 at 9:13 pm
(25) peter says:

Ken Corday said he wouldn’t replace Peter with another actor

January 2, 2013 at 10:14 pm
(26) Jane Hohne says:

REAL DEAL!! REAL DEAL!! REAL DEAL!!
Absolutely NO ONE can be Bo, but Bo! Instead of bringing back e “oldies” then dumping them again, bring back Bo and let him do the job he’s done so well!
Bo and Hope are the Brady patriarchs now. Let them walk in Alice and Tom’s shoes and bring back the “family” in DOOL!

January 3, 2013 at 1:56 am
(27) Patricia says:

nnooooooooooooooooooooo!
I love Peter, he is the real bo..he and hope are so beautiful together Please dont let him go…

January 3, 2013 at 10:14 am
(28) Gail says:

No don’t replace him. I wish he never left. It’s not the same without him.

January 3, 2013 at 10:18 am
(29) mar says:

…ahhh, Linda …your math is a little off…Days started Nov.8th,1965 (47yrs ago) not 49yrs ago…anyway, not having P.R. around is the pits but why should we loose ‘Bo’ too ????.if P.R. is not gonna come back, replace him…we’ll survive..

January 3, 2013 at 11:24 am
(30) BLONDIE says:

Well I think if the question is even being asked even though the statement was that Bo would never be replaced, someone has decided to replace him. If this is the case he better be his twin brother or peter himself because I think the ones that do care out number the ones who say they don’t. Choose your battle wiselly because you know how your dedicated viewers are.

January 3, 2013 at 2:21 pm
(31) Janelle says:

Those of you who are claiming that Peter Reckell is a bad or boring actor probably just haven’t watched any scenes where he had decent material to work with. Bo & Hope really haven’t had a decent storyline in ages. If that trend is going to continue, then there really isn’t much sense in replacing him. Why bother spending ANY money on a character that’s not doing much of anything. On the other hand, if they have plans to write a GOOD story for Bo & Hope, maybe they should check back with Peter. Who knows, maybe if he felt like he was actually being acknowledged he might be ready to come back.

January 3, 2013 at 4:28 pm
(32) Robin says:

NOOOOOOO I have been watching days for years, and no one can replace Peter Reckell. If Peter Reckell has no plans to return, then don’t let Bo come back.

January 3, 2013 at 6:06 pm
(33) Jettie says:

No! No! I have been watching Days since the beginning. I think they should come to terms with Bo. Cut the gay stuff. I think that is bad for a family soap. It is sicking.
I don’t like seeing actors who have been there from day one for so many years be replaced. It doesn’t speak well for the people in charge.
I love seeing a priest on the show again, They had one in the beginning of Days.
Why doesn’t the writers bring back Bill Horton’s son?
I think all new writers for the show should read what has happened in the past years, and stopping making up stuff that never happened.

January 3, 2013 at 8:09 pm
(34) Cathie says:

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! there is only one Bo for Hope :(

January 4, 2013 at 8:32 am
(35) Pam says:

I for one would love to see Peter Reckell return as Bo Brady nut if that’s not gonna happen and it doesn’t seem like it is. I say by all means replace him I wouldn’t mind seeing Robert Keller Kelly reprise the role. My major point is we all know Peter isn’t there for them to keep pretending Bo is in the next room is crazy.

January 4, 2013 at 9:20 am
(36) Mary says:

Let’s get real. 4Reckel is playing a game for more money. He is not that good anymore, was tiring in the role and needed to act as old as he really is. Hope and Bo may have once been the golden couple, but the time has passed. No one is irreplaceable, get that Peter? And all this whining about him only stokes his ego for no reason at all. He just is not that important anymore.

January 4, 2013 at 3:26 pm
(37) Brenda says:

No Bo without Peter; plus ditch gabi and nick,use their salaries to pay Peter. Find a girl for rafe,not the resident Salem slut,Sami,but someone with a working brain. And why do the bad guys always win on days? The police always come out looking foolish, do not like that.

January 4, 2013 at 6:27 pm
(38) Nita says:

Grayson M. Dusty from ATWT would be a good Bo if PeterReckell doesn’t want to return.

January 5, 2013 at 12:46 am
(39) Bender, Brooklyn,NY says:

Here is a great storyline for Bo which I think would be great and send shockwaves through out. Sign Susan Lucci to play Bo. Yes you heard right. The storyline would that Bo would go a trip see Shawn D & Belle &Claire and to find himself and sort out his feelings and he returns to Salem as “Betty Ann Brady” (played by Susan Lucci) Bo/Betty Ann confesses to Hope that he felt he/she was a woman trapped in Mans body but he/she is still attracted to women so he/she is a lesbian and wants to be Hope’s wife. With having the Will & Sonny storyline, they could have a transexual/lesbian storyline also. That would cool in my opinion.

January 5, 2013 at 11:28 am
(40) Ronald says:

Why in the world did you kill jack ? I want jack back

January 5, 2013 at 9:34 pm
(41) D says:

Peter Reckell is Bo Brady – no recasts please. Bo should be off finding the love of his life Carly and they should come back to the show together.

January 5, 2013 at 11:57 pm
(42) Robin says:

I have literally watched Days from the day I was born. My great grandma, grandma, mom and aunt have all watched Days from the start. I have loved Peter Reckell, since I was little, I love a man with dark hair, brown eyes and a scruffy trim beard and I believe that is because of Peter. If he has chosen to make a change in his career, I wish him well, and PLEASE bring back Robert Keller-Kelly. I thought he did a great job last time, and he is even more handsome than Peter. (just a little, sorry Peter) But Peter Reckell will always be Bo Brady and have a special place in my heart. Thank you Peter for all your years. I will miss you.
PS- Thank you Days for bringing back Melissa Reeves. She makes Days, special again.

January 6, 2013 at 12:05 am
(43) Lynne says:

Peter Reckell will always be Bo and when he was replaced years ago with Robert Kelker Kelly it just wasn’t the same. Figure out a reason for his absence but don’t change up the character’s actor. It was weird enough with the current Roman Brady having been the former Chris Kostichek, and then bringing Wayne Northrup (the original and most awesome Roman Brady) back as some doctor a few years back…..don’t mess with the actors who have been around for years, just write those characters off. I’ve been watching this program since I was about 12 and I’m now 50, so, trust me, leave well enough alone!!

January 6, 2013 at 6:30 am
(44) Missy says:

If they can get Jeffrey Dean Morgan, I’d be hooked for life! But I wouldn’t replace Bo. A mysterious disappearance in a storm on that boat he got for Victor could have him gone for years! Someone as beautiful as Hope would eventually have to move on. I don’t think even she could resist Morgan if she thought Bo was dead.

January 6, 2013 at 9:40 am
(45) Jim says:

I think DAYS is missing their chance for a good story by simply having Bo go missing. Would be a real mystery as no one knows if Peter Reckell will return. Could bring back Sean to search for his father

January 7, 2013 at 12:19 pm
(46) polly says:

Please Please take Sonny and Will off .Then u will have the money to keep Bo on.

January 7, 2013 at 2:13 pm
(47) Shawn says:

If they replace Bo they could have Stefano have him captive turn him into a pawn and have his face wrapped up because Stefano is changing his looks. Bo of coarse escapes and comes back to Salem, or have Hope save him.

January 7, 2013 at 4:38 pm
(48) JLuvBug says:

NO!!!!! Peter Rickell doesn’t need to be replaced! He needs to be written off, but with the capability of coming back if he ever decides to, which I’m hoping for.

January 7, 2013 at 4:44 pm
(49) Judy says:

I believe that NO ONE ELSE could take the place of Peter Reckell! He has been Bo for so many years. However, since his exit, I have been very disgusted with the way that the writer’s have him “still in Salem” by the other actors “talking on the phone,” or other’s asking where he is, etc.

Please Peter, come ‘home’ again! Your fans miss you. Take time with your family, but then please, please, please return to “Days.” The family misses you.

January 7, 2013 at 4:45 pm
(50) carrie says:

hell no i love peter as bo brady. hell no ken dont do it.

January 7, 2013 at 4:47 pm
(51) Deborah says:

I have been watching days since about 1980. If Peter is gone then Bo should be replaced. I think it’s stupid that he is off on a trip. It’s just not the way Bo and Hope are. If Peter doesn’t want to settle on a pay agreement then I think Robert would be the best person for the job because he has been on the show before so ppl know him. Of course it’s not the real Bo but the storyline right now is just stupid so either Peter settles on an agreement or replace him with a logical choice which would be Robert Kelker Kelly.

January 7, 2013 at 4:47 pm
(52) Rafesammiefan says:

Agree that days should realize WHY they are still on. You get what you pay for. PR/Bo is one of the reasons your still on. He has a great mix of chemistry with everyone and has a well deserved mean streak with audience expectations. I say bite the bull it and renegotiate!

January 7, 2013 at 4:50 pm
(53) BLONDIE says:

I actually think it was Peter’s wife who said he wasn’t coming back because of the money not Peter. I think she is his agent. If that is the case have a meeting with Peter and if she chooses to ruin his career and not let him come back at least we would know and put the blame where it belongs.

January 7, 2013 at 4:54 pm
(54) teresa says:

I agree Peter Reckel is Bo Brad and I would like for him to come back to Days Of Our Lives also,Bo and Hope are pretty much the show as like Sami I hope some day SOON he will decide to come back. yea they can make it look like Bo went out sailing or something on journey maybe and he got swept up in a storm and is presumed dead but actually he is stranded on a Island or the coast guard picked him up and he has amnisea? but yes i want him to come back to days. and please put EJ and Nicole back together d Sami and Rafe back together and both end up geting pregnant at the same time and they end up in the same materity room and maybe end up in a baby switch and they don’t know that they are raising one anothers baby.

January 7, 2013 at 4:58 pm
(55) Margaret Rudd says:

Peter ….chose to leave the show. The show needs Bo . Bring in someone else, to play Bo . What’s the problem ?

January 7, 2013 at 5:00 pm
(56) dawnl says:

ooooooonly Peter, please!!!!!!!!

January 7, 2013 at 5:01 pm
(57) janice litton says:

no change

January 7, 2013 at 5:08 pm
(58) Helen H says:

Peter is Bo! No Peter no Bo.
Just a footnote, I am tired of Brady always thinking with his “little head”, (do not want to be nasty, but…) all he can do is hop into bed and he’s in love! No one, family or friend, can get him to listen. Kirsten is such a manipulator and while I like May/Dec romances, she is just to old for him in so many respects and he just gets more stupid.

January 7, 2013 at 5:16 pm
(59) Victoria says:

Yes! Robert Kelker-Kelly, he replaced Peter Reckell earlier and I liked him much better than Peter Reckell. It was said, that was one of the smoothest transitions ever made. I thought it was a good choice then and I think it would be again. It’s worth a shot. If Reckell doesn’t want the job give it to someone who does.

January 7, 2013 at 5:19 pm
(60) amy says:

Noooooooo! Bo can never be replaced.

January 7, 2013 at 5:20 pm
(61) Deborah Rowland says:

Peter should not be replaced. Why replace him when it is the writing that is the problem not him. He has always been the best bo possible, because they brought him back on the show because he was the best Bo. Bring him back then get a good mystery going.

January 7, 2013 at 5:25 pm
(62) Meg says:

Yes, I would like Peter to return but if he chooses not to then yes we need a new Bo. Days has a shot at a good storyline with Hope beginning anew, lord knows we watched as Bo did. I want to see Hope find love again, real enduring love a real trinagle with two decent men. We have seen Hope’s undying love for Bo, and I have enjoyed it but it is time for her to move on. Now we need a handsome exciting man, she is far too young, fun & sexy to be put on a shelve until Reckell & Days make up their minds. So Days move on, find a new man for Hope, then if a settlement is reached, fine, I do hope if Peter does come back he brings back the passion Bo has been missing since 2008, but if not I am open to a new Bo returning after Hope finds real love again.

January 7, 2013 at 5:26 pm
(63) Debbie says:

Peter Reckell will always be Bo. But it is stupid to keep refering to him, as though he is there. Either bring him back or someone else. They do need to do something. I prefer they bring back Peter.

January 7, 2013 at 5:27 pm
(64) Barb says:

I don’t really want a different Bo, but, Days has done it before. I forget the actor’s name…..Robert something??? He did an EXCELLENT job at that time.
If Peter Reckell doesn’t appreciate having a steady job in this economy, I say…forget him and give someone else a chance who would.

January 7, 2013 at 5:29 pm
(65) JAM says:

Bo’s character should be replaced by another actor. Or better yet let’s start some fireworks with Hope and EJ. Sami should be with Rafe. No way should Chloe get in the way of Jen and Daniel being together. As you can see I am a die hard romantic

January 7, 2013 at 5:29 pm
(66) joyce bartolo says:

no one and i say no one can replace peter reckell. he and “hope” worked so well together…..i rreally wish he would come back…but i read somewhere that he has retired…..

January 7, 2013 at 5:33 pm
(67) Linda says:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never-better to have NO Bo, than a fake one.

January 7, 2013 at 5:36 pm
(68) missy says:

Days knew peter reckell wanted to leave they shld of killed him off all this bo is off camera business is so stupid. How can kristian alfonso have a story if bo is still there but off screen makes no sense.

January 7, 2013 at 5:43 pm
(69) Katy says:

I have to agree with Meg, I have loved Bo & Hope for years and I do believe, as a couple they cannot be touched but, if Reckell wants to stay gone fine. Move Hope on to a new love. I also think Bo needs to be reinvigorated Hope still is playful & sexy but Days or Peter aged Bo they took away his passion for everything. I also saw a change in 2008; I believe it was about the time Tomlin came on board, Bo went right downhill. I get the feeling that Tomlin doesn’t like strong male characters, just wimps.

January 7, 2013 at 5:44 pm
(70) Emma Jo Rust says:

Yes,If he does not want to play Bo anymore,then replace him! We need Bo and so does Hope.
I was very happy with Robert Kelker- Kelly when he played the part of Bo before. Please try to get him for now! It makes no sense for Bo to be off camera all the time!

January 7, 2013 at 5:47 pm
(71) Denise says:

NO WAY! Nobody could ever replace Peter Reckell!

January 7, 2013 at 5:50 pm
(72) Cheryl M. says:

Robert Kelker-Kelly would be my choice if he’s available; he is a marvelous actor and already has history to draw from.

January 7, 2013 at 5:50 pm
(73) Deborah Jean Goode Mrs. says:

Yes yes yes

January 7, 2013 at 5:52 pm
(74) Gerri says:

NO-ONE’S irreplacable!!! RKKelly was a great Bo and slightly better looking too. I, too, think it’s just stupid the way they keep saying he’s on a trip or a job hunt or fishing or at the store or on the john!!!! Lets get real!

January 7, 2013 at 5:56 pm
(75) Mickey says:

Oh for goodness sake just kill Bo off already, yes I would like Pete back but this being in Salem but off-screen crap is arsine, we all know Pete is gone. Give Hope a new life & love. If Peter returns that’s OK but for now KILL him off so Hope has a decent storyline and is not wasted!

January 7, 2013 at 6:07 pm
(76) Kris says:

I have loved Bope for years they are the best, and this is no way to treat legacy characters or Days fans that have remained loyal throughout it many years. But I have to agree, bring back Bo (I like PR but if not him) then a new one but NOT RKK. Hope does need to find love whether he returns or not. I agree about Tomlin he just canít seem to write for strong passionate men unless in involves just sex. We have no real male heroes anymore just pale comparisons to the likes of Bo Brady & John the Real John!

January 7, 2013 at 6:08 pm
(77) Gary says:

NO! I had to stop watching during the Robert Kelker Kelly years. I just couldn’t stomach anyone else as Bo. I can watch a Days with a Bo that is dead, but I may have to stop watching if they bring someone else in. Bo, Hope, Sami–these are all irreplaceable people as far as I am concerned. Get rid of Jennifer (she’s lost her appeal ENTIRELY) and give her salary to Peter Reckell to get him back, if that’s what it takes. One thing is for sure, though: they have to come up with a REASON why we don’t see Bo; they can’t just pretend like he’s in town and we’re just not seeing him!

January 7, 2013 at 6:13 pm
(78) Linda says:

True NO ONE can take the place of Peter Reckel as “Bo”, but I vaguely remember Robert Kelker-Kelley as Bo, maybe he should be brought back that is if he wants it. Or have Peter Reckel and Days reconvene and see if they can come to an agreement. He has such chemistry with Kristian Alphonso, it’s like they belong together.

January 7, 2013 at 6:14 pm
(79) Sue says:

The day Bo left is the day I quit watching “Days” – and I had been watching since the first episode. If you bring Bo back I’ll start watching again – but as it is – Bo and Hope are the present day Tom and Alice. If the show is all about family, you tore a great family apart. Bo and Hope have always had a chemistry that you don’t find very often – it was a good thing. Keep dragging back the has beens of Days past – with what you are paying them all to come back, you could have given Peter what he is worth and not lost the heart of the show.

January 7, 2013 at 6:16 pm
(80) C. A. says:

There is only one person who could play the part of BO BRADY and that is
PETER RECKELL

January 7, 2013 at 6:21 pm
(81) Becky says:

Robert Kelker-Kelly is the ONLY person who could take the place of Peter Reckell as Bo Brady, especially since he portrayed the character before. I loved Robert when he was on Another World and when he came to Days, he just fit right in.

January 7, 2013 at 6:44 pm
(82) Kateri Blair says:

Just pay Peter what he’s worth and bring him back. He is important to the Soap. I think there should be more of Roman too.

January 7, 2013 at 6:47 pm
(83) Marcy says:

Jeffrey Dean Morgan YES he could pull off Bo Brady, they do look alike. I would like to see him with KA. Either way, Hope needs a S/L with a sexy and dashing man! BUT NO RKK!!!

January 7, 2013 at 6:50 pm
(84) David says:

I liked RKK, too (Robert Kelker-Kelly). Is he still acting? I can’t believe they’re going to make Sammie a grandmother, Kate and Marlena, great-grandmothers, and Caroline a great-great-grandmother! Ridiculous!

January 7, 2013 at 6:59 pm
(85) Olga says:

Hi, Days of our lives fans!Does anyone know what really happened to Bo Brady?(Peter Reckell)?I have missed alot lately so it
would be great if someone can catch me up.Thank-You,Olga

January 7, 2013 at 7:14 pm
(86) Sandra Streb says:

There is nobody that can replace Bo. I miss him terribly. I wish the show would give him what he deserves and has earned so he would hopefully come back. Make him an offer he can’t refuse. The show is not the same. He was a leading man even when he was not in the position. Bring Bo back please. I always thought that he and Hope would replace Alice and Tom. They have been together so long and would be great as those characters in time. Writers put on your thinking caps and bring our beloved Bo back to his tv family.

January 7, 2013 at 7:28 pm
(87) Barbie says:

Yes Yes Yes to Robert Kelker Kelly.. As a LOYAL 40 year watcher, he is definitly my vote.. I loved him then and Im sure he’d fit right in now…Ron Moss shouldnt be a consideration to take Bo’s place, I mean would Bo ever wear a scarf? I think NO, haha…

January 7, 2013 at 7:29 pm
(88) Carla Lyons says:

If Peter Reckell is never going to return then I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan would make a good Bo. There is no reason to keep acting like he is somewhere else. I have watched days since 1973 and actors have come on gone. Do not get me wrong, no one will replace Peter as my favorite Bo, but it is time for a New Bo.

January 7, 2013 at 7:37 pm
(89) carla says:

Mary how the hell do u know it’s about money, were u there at the meeting? i had read that his wife wanted to go to work again after having their daughter so Peter may be a stay at home daddy for now, sometimes actors put family first b4 their job when the other spouse wants to go to work. so don’t you or others claim to know it’s a financial thing BECAUSE YOU WEREN”T THERE.

January 7, 2013 at 7:54 pm
(90) Donna cuykendall says:

No way they should bring Peter back noone can play the roll but him it has been tried before and it was just not the same please bring him back he and Kristen are great together.

January 7, 2013 at 8:02 pm
(91) Fay says:

I have been watching since day 1 and this is ridiculous! PR or his wife want more money? Give it to them and have Wil and Sonny get married and go away to pay for it. Sami needs to choose who she is going to be with, once and for all. Sometimes the storyline sucks so bad that it’s hard to watch, even after all these years!!!

January 7, 2013 at 8:03 pm
(92) Layla says:

I’m fine either way. Replace him or not. But its not fair to the viewers or Kristian to not have this addressed already. Replace him or “kill” Bo off. Kristian needs a story line.

January 7, 2013 at 8:10 pm
(93) vicki says:

Kill him off and get Hope a hottie and a different/interesting storyline. Bo and Hope have been quite boring for quite some time. Hope needs a mystery to solve.

January 7, 2013 at 8:26 pm
(94) george boyd says:

absolutely not Peter is Bo

January 7, 2013 at 8:26 pm
(95) Pat says:

I’m tired of actors leaving & not beng replaced I say replace Bo or kill him off

January 7, 2013 at 8:26 pm
(96) dianajo says:

Peter Reckel is Bo Brady…………..Bring him back.

January 7, 2013 at 8:31 pm
(97) CAROLE says:

BO HAS BEEN AN IMPORTANT PART OF “DAYS” SINCE THE BEGINNING—-IF HIS DEFECTION IS ONLY ABOUT MONEY(?) PAY THE MAN HIS WORTH AND BRING HIM BACK. ALSO TO A “GREAT” STORY LINE. I HAVE WATCHED THIS “SOAP” SINCE THE VERY FIRST “DAY”!!!!!

January 7, 2013 at 8:36 pm
(98) Darlene says:

Peter Reckell is the only one I would want to play Bo Brady but if he isn’t coming back anytime soon. Then yes you can replace him with Robert Kelker Kelly he played him in the past and did resemble Peter also. He has already played the part in the past. So If Peter isn’t gonna return any time soon then yes bring Robert back then until Peter is ready to return to his home place on DOOL….

January 7, 2013 at 8:54 pm
(99) Diane says:

Can’t leave Hope, just talking about him. Peter Reckell will always be number one, but Hope needs someone.

January 7, 2013 at 9:06 pm
(100) Patricia Davis says:

Robert Kelker-Kelly he plaayed Bo before and was super. Loved him in the role!!

January 7, 2013 at 9:08 pm
(101) lee says:

kill off bo/peter if he doesn’t want to be on days anymore – i’d follow jeffrey dean morgan on any soap – hot hot hot

January 7, 2013 at 9:13 pm
(102) alice says:

They replaced Peter yrs ago with Robert k Kelly who was very good as bo
He’s was very close in looks as Peter.
if Peter won ‘t come back they should try and get Robert back.

January 7, 2013 at 9:51 pm
(103) Jess says:

RKK was awful, he didn’t have the passion Peter did nor his humor he was like a cold fish next to the real Bo!! We do need a new Bo, but not rkk! Hope needs a new man, first and a sexy storyline.

January 7, 2013 at 10:12 pm
(104) judi says:

Get rid of Bo. These stars make too much money. I have family members with good educations that are out of work. It would take a while to get used to a new Bo but I know I could.

January 7, 2013 at 10:31 pm
(105) Brenda wallenberg says:

Bring Bo back. I miss all the good actors

January 7, 2013 at 10:45 pm
(106) carol bage says:

Please don’t replace Bo , have been watching since the show began , and have watched him grow older along with Hope .

January 7, 2013 at 10:45 pm
(107) Sharon says:

Yes, replace Peter with Robert Kelker Kelly like you did years ago. He looks like him and is a great actor. I say, bring him back!

January 7, 2013 at 10:51 pm
(108) Sandy B says:

Ok… Get a grip on reality, this is a TV show. There is no Bo in real life. There is a role of a character named Bo. Peter Reckell is an actor. If you like the storylines,,watch the show, if not turn the channel.

January 8, 2013 at 12:30 am
(109) Jean says:

We would all rather have Peter Reckell back as Bo. But if he isn’t coming back replace him. Yes Jeffery Dean Morgan, could really fit the part. He is the best pick for a replacement. He has a lot of sex appeal. Females are drawn to him. The next pick would be Robert Kelker-Kelley. But A BIG NOOOOO ON RONN MOSS, UGH!!!!!. NO SEX APPEAL THERE. VINCENT IS A VERY HANDSOME MAN. But not rugged enough for the part. But Jeffery Dean Morgan has IT ALL. HANDSOME, RUGGED, SEXY. PETER, YOU HAD BETTER HURRY BACK. YOU HAVE A GREAT GUY BITING AT YOUR HEELS.

January 8, 2013 at 2:16 am
(110) Wicked Wendy says:

Yes I think they should bring back Robert Kelker-Kelly as Bo.
He was great the last time he replaced Peter Reckell which is saying a lot since I really like Peter Reckell.

January 8, 2013 at 4:51 am
(111) Penny says:

I agree with everyone who says to NOT replace Bo!!! Come on, I mean they did it with RKK and he only had chemistry with Lisa Rinna as Billie, he and Kristian had no chemistry and sorry, but there is really ONLY ONE REAL “Bo”!!!!! I say have his character go missing while out searching for Dimera evidence on putting them away, and let Kristian Alfonso (Hope) have the spotlight for once…Bo has always moved on when he thought she was “dead” But for Hope, that has never been the case. Kristian is one of the BEST actresses out there, and she more than proved that in the more than 3 decades she has been with DAYS, and with her remarkable performances through out the years, especially when Zack was killed..She deserved the Emmy that year for sure!!! So why not hold out for Peter to come back since he devoted more than half his life to the character of Bo and made Bo who he is and why he is so loved, and allow Kristian to portray a single Mom, and then if Peter is ready to come back, he can come back!!!!!

January 8, 2013 at 5:57 am
(112) Christy Kroblen says:

People who want Jeffrey Dean Morgan would do well to see what he’s doing first. He stars in a series on Starz channel called Magic City, set in Miami in the late 50′s. Also, in his off time, he’s appeared in several movies in supporting roles.

January 8, 2013 at 7:48 am
(113) chris says:

Don’t replace Peter Reckell. He was the perfect person for this role.
Maybe a disapearrance or even an accident. After all of his police work, FBI work, etc…. a kidnapping or accident would make sense.

January 8, 2013 at 7:50 am
(114) chris says:

I mean, look who they replaced Cameron with. I wasn’t craxy about the first Cameron and now they have him as some skinny kid who looks like he is about 15 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just get rid of the Cameron character all together.

January 8, 2013 at 7:59 am
(115) leah smith says:

if Bo is never coming back for the part he needs to replaced, Hope needs a man to love.

January 8, 2013 at 11:12 am
(116) groundhgogirl says:

OK—-enough. Peter Reckel is gone because he wants to be gone. In his interview in SOD he said it was more about lack of screen time than anything. Then he admitted that the “young characters” are now getting the story lines, just like it happened when he came on as a “newbie” in the 80′s and he was OK with saying bye-bye. He said he had the means (financial) to quit working and spend time with his young daughter. You know, the guy is no spring chicken and he is the father of a very young girl. So he wants to do all he can with his child while he is still healthy and young enough to make ithappen. I say enjoy and go for it! We’ll live without Bo. But to the DAYS writers I say……please don’t leave him in “he’s hunting down Stephano” limbo for much longer. We fans are wise to all that stuff and it serves no purpose. Either replace him or kill him off and let Hope get on her life. If they kill him, maybe she’ll feed her grief with binge eating and gain about 20 pounds. She looks horrible.

January 8, 2013 at 11:46 am
(117) David says:

Rober Kelker-Kelly was a good replacement before, I say bring him back.

January 8, 2013 at 11:53 am
(118) Susan says:

would love to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan..I think there could be great chemistry between Hope and him..Bring on Denny!!

January 8, 2013 at 11:46 pm
(119) Penelope Fenwick says:

Please bring Bo back..and make sure it’s Peter!!

January 8, 2013 at 11:47 pm
(120) Penelope Fenwick says:

Please bring Bo back, as long as it’s Peter Reckell!!

January 9, 2013 at 9:10 am
(121) June b. says:

Peter Reckell has decided he wanted to leave the show,I’m sure he has been offered more money but his role was not as important to the story.or he wanted more time with his family, tired being Bo..He can not be replaced, but enter a man that will be a part of the story…Not Rkk., he does not fit the part.., Jeffery Dean Morgan is your man , the hero type,handsome, great actor, maybe work for the CIA, new chief of staff at the hospital…..a role that his presence will be ,in time, important to the story…He is your man !!!!!! I am a listener from the beginning….

January 9, 2013 at 11:42 am
(122) julie johnson says:

don’t take peter reckell off days os our lives because plays bo better then did and that how i feel

January 9, 2013 at 12:57 pm
(123) Esther C says:

I think it is ridiculous to have Hope pretend he is there and talk about him like he is there. I say kill him off and let Hope find love with someone else. Just not Rafe. Get rid of Rafe! So sick of him and his high and mighty attitude towards Sami. If Bo is killed off, then that lets Hope move on. Plus, when has death ever been certain on a soap? They can always bring him back if he wants to come back.

January 9, 2013 at 1:45 pm
(124) Farah says:

I think that they should most certainly go back to the lets make a deal table with Peter!!!! But if they do replace him I would rather see Robert Keller-Kelly as Bo then any of the others mentioned.
I am rooting for Peter he is BO!!!!!!! Please come back, please, please, please!!!!!!

January 9, 2013 at 6:15 pm
(125) Terry says:

Please negotiate with Peter reckell! No one else could ever fill his shoes!

January 9, 2013 at 6:47 pm
(126) pinkpanthergal says:

Peter Reckell is Bo, period. He can’t be replaced. It didn’t work before, and it wouldn’t work well again, in my opinion. I’m really hoping that Peter & Days can work something out. Surely Days can scrounge the money from somewhere.

January 9, 2013 at 7:05 pm
(127) Janet says:

No you can!t replace Bo it wouldnt be the same to see someone in his place Hope and Bo have been there like forever. I really miss him i watch days all the time i have since it started.

January 10, 2013 at 5:30 am
(128) Sunny says:

A lot of good points expressed here….I agree with many of them….I don’t know if its just me, but it seemed to me in the past several weeks
PR was still on, his overall demeaner was bland, and boring. Like he was playing his role with no emotion.

And it seems all we are seeing for the most past are the so-called ‘youngster’s', and the “mature” actors are slowly being sent out to pasture.

Why hasn’t Stefano been on screen? Anyone heard why, or did he leave due to a health problem?

The writers may be biding time….how much longer is DOOL going to be on-air anyhow? They’re always at the bottom of the ratings.
Day’s has, imho, turned into a ‘train wreck’ !

January 10, 2013 at 12:20 pm
(129) coop says:

NO WAY should Bo be replaced

January 10, 2013 at 12:51 pm
(130) donna says:

There is only one person for this role and it is Peter Reckell I have watched this show for over twenty five years when all were so young give him what he wants and put him back with hope there is knowone else that could ever take his place he’s georgeous and has great body nothing wrong with this man at all

January 10, 2013 at 3:40 pm
(131) Joyce says:

Having watched DOL since it’s debut in 1965. I was a senior in high school. I have missed only a few major story lines over the years. I remeber Robert Kelker-Kelly replacing Bo, he was pretty good, the physical similarities were amazing. However, Peter Reckell is truly the only Bo. From what I read about a years ago, he didn’t really want to leave. I hope they bring Peter back.

January 10, 2013 at 4:46 pm
(132) carol says:

Peter is taking a stand against the open display of a gay relationship. Good for him taking a strong stand for his beliefs. I totally support him as I can not watch days much anymore. The minute will and Sunny come on I change to the food channel and don’t turn back. And when my grand kids are over I NEVER have it on. I miss Peter as Bo but support his stand. I jsut wish the writers would quit cramming their views on us.

January 10, 2013 at 6:57 pm
(133) denise says:

yes, they need to replace Bo or say he died!! It is so stupid to have him be visiting with shawn and Belle. Either they get a new Bo or they should have just killed him off. I love hope, she should have a guy in her life. Its not fair to her.

January 10, 2013 at 7:16 pm
(134) barb says:

i am 69 and have been watching since 1965. Bo cannot be replace just bring him back. No one else could never be Bo. Take out the part of Will and Sonny but leave Will in to raise his BABY! just not in the role
he is playing now. I just love Days! We need a couple to fill Mr Ms Horton place. We need Sami to decide who she wants. It is getting to be boring with her.

January 10, 2013 at 8:37 pm
(135) Joanne says:

By all means REPLACE him, I never liked him anyway!!

January 10, 2013 at 9:22 pm
(136) Kay says:

Keep Peter and pay him more money. Send Will and Sonny off into the sunset on a permanent vacation so there will be more salary for Bo

January 11, 2013 at 8:01 am
(137) pattic says:

I say bring Bo back, the real Bo, let him become a vigilante in salem :)

January 11, 2013 at 12:19 pm
(138) Kris says:

NOT! No one can ever replace Bo ..it won’t work..y did he have to leave

January 11, 2013 at 12:54 pm
(139) Tenna Ellis says:

absolutely NOT! I don’t think I could ever warm up the the idea of a”new Bo” on DOOL. (or another “Hope” for that matter)
Please bring Peter Reckell back to Days! Hope needs him.

January 11, 2013 at 1:13 pm
(140) Tenna says:

Sounds like the majority of us want ONLY Peter to play Bo. I agree with those that are saying to send Sonny and Will on an extended vacation (or honeymoon) and use that money to pay Peter. Afterall, it is a FAMILY show. I’ve been watching it since I was 7 or 8 years old (I’m 55 now) and there is NO WAY I would let a child of that age watch it now. Too many things to have to explain that they’re just not ready for at that age.
At least with Bo and Hope we had true romance. I love the beautiful weddings that Days has had over the years! Bring on the mysteries and romance and adventures and make Bo and Hope the modern-day Tom and Alice right in the big middle of all of it!

January 12, 2013 at 4:48 pm
(141) Janiebell says:

No, do not replace Peter ; he is Bo. He and Hope have great “kimerstery” togeter ; bring back Peter.

January 12, 2013 at 7:15 pm
(142) jean says:

I agree, let Will & Sonny ride into the sunset. I don’t know if they gay in real life, if not they play it well. Every time the kiss I turn it off or if I tape it I fast forward. Them 2 kissing makes me sick. But I think that Will & Gabby should be together. Nick is a creep!!!!

January 13, 2013 at 5:25 pm
(143) Emma says:

If Peter will not come back Please replace Bo.. Hope is not Hope without her Bo. I would love for Peter to come back where he belongs beside his on set wife Hope…….I don’t like Nick any more… he make studit remarks as gay boy…… Pleasssssseeeee!!!!! Gay men could be better Father than stright Men. Let Gabby see what a control freek he realy is……Kristren and Brady who brite idea’s was that, she old enoght to be his mother., that is so disrespectful toward his Father John & stepmother Marlena. get Brady to Kristren the realy BITCH she is… I remain!!!!!

January 13, 2013 at 10:34 pm
(144) sherrill says:

You should bring bo back and give him a raise no one can take his place.. He is good for your show…..

January 14, 2013 at 1:00 pm
(145) Julie says:

You need to bring Peter Reckell back. He is the only one who can “Be Bo”. Anyone else would just be a cheap Imitation.

January 14, 2013 at 6:24 pm
(146) vickie says:

no bring back the old bo

January 14, 2013 at 9:55 pm
(147) lee says:

I don’t do message boards but watch DOOL intermittently to peruse the fashion and see decent acting. I enjoy the characters who play Will and Sonny as characters, but I too, just like others in this message board, fast forward my DVR when Will and Sonny are in bed. It’s hard to watch and yet the storyline is interesting. Will and Sonny would make great parents.

January 15, 2013 at 2:50 pm
(148) AJ says:

I don’t think they should replace BO, he has been on there forever. However if he is ot coming back, they should get someone very much like him to play the part. The show is going downhill as it is!

January 16, 2013 at 3:18 am
(149) dee says:

no, no, never. just bring back the one and only bo, peter reckell. he is the foundation of the show. great, understated actor who radiates realism. the entire tenor of the show changed when peter left. his character was the nucleus, the strength, that held the other characters together. and what a face. the best looking man on any soap.

January 17, 2013 at 12:00 am
(150) Patrice says:

No Way! There are just certain characters that it does not work with. Think Mickey and the few actors that tried to replace Matthew Ashford (ex-Jack). Maybe a new love interest for Hope in a while but not a Bo replacement.

January 18, 2013 at 8:12 pm
(151) fanny says:

Why should they recast the role?

The writers have not written a good storyline for Bo Brady in months, even his exit-storyline was awful.
Why should it be different with another actor.

I say NO RECAST! Instead, bring back Peter Reckell and find a way to write a good storyline for him.

February 12, 2013 at 10:46 am
(152) Paula says:

Everyone and anyone is replacable…but would it ever be the same…absolutely not. Peter and Kristian have been together for so long that anyone else in those roles just wouldn’t be believeable. They ARE Bo and Hope.
So, I agree…I would much rather see Peter return to the show, but if that is not an option, then they should either kill him off, or develop a story line that he dies, but no body is found; leaving an opening in case Peter changes his mind.

March 20, 2013 at 12:50 pm
(153) cindy says:

Such an easy decision. Go back to Robert Kelker-Kelly who played Bo once before. Even though Reckell is the original Bo, RKK was a much better actor and better looking. In fact, RKK, at that time anyway, looked like a better-looking version of Reckell. I’ve missed RKK since he left.

March 20, 2013 at 10:35 pm
(154) Donna says:

If Bo is replaced it should be with the guy that replaced him in the 90′s. He was a good Bo.

April 11, 2013 at 2:45 am
(155) Susan says:

I would rather have Peter back as Bo. The ‘presumed’ dead is an ovwruaed theme…. let’s see how many times they’ve used it.. Hope, Roman, Stepheno (i don’t know how many times), Marlena, Maggie, John…. and those are only the ones I know about since I started watching in 1995. Surely someone here was more of an imagination than that…

April 19, 2013 at 9:31 pm
(156) Debbi Filori Burrous says:

Ok read comments. Yes peter reckell is Bo . Don’t recast. Get him back and write material worthy of bo and hope or let him go and give hope a great story. I think rafe and hope could be good If written correctly. I love Sami and EJ. . For God’s sake don’t soap writers think ? They can be awesome together with tons of good storylines. Im so sick of baby switches and bloodtests etc.. I’ve watched since I was eight years old when it began and remember the great days of our lives. Even the miami vice shane kim bo hope story.do you all remember how to write or what. Quit the will gabi sonny etc story. Boring. Get with it or more of ypur. Iconic fans like me are quitting. I already record it and delete three or more episodes without watching its gotten so bad.

April 22, 2013 at 2:08 pm
(157) Kim Presley Walton says:

If Peter Reckell does not want to return to Days , then he won’t return. It was easy to tell he was bored portraying Bo for the last few years. His story lines were practically null & void. I could see why he was bored, and it showed on camera. Replace PR , the character is too important to Days and should not be shuffled off into oblivion. What about Scott Reeves? Peter Barton? Michael Damian? John Stamos- if he hasn’t signed w/ GH? Michael E. Knight? If PR could be swayed by more money then cough if up – Days, if there is no way that he will ever( or at least for now) return then recast.

April 22, 2013 at 6:35 pm
(158) Rhonda Ely says:

Anyone who thinks Peter Reckell can’t act didn’t watch he and Kristians good-bye scene and doesn’t know anything about acting period.

Anyone who thinks the part can be played by anyone else never saw the chemestry between he and Kristian back when they gave them actual stories and air time and doesn’t know the history of Days or what they tried to do in the past.

If nothing is sacred or untouchable, then you have nothing of substance and no show and Francis Reeds legacy of “true love conquers all” was all for nothing.

The only thing to do period is for the producers to COUGH IT UP, admit their HUGE mistake, hang their heads and bring our hero back on his motorcycle.

Anyone who says “he’ s just another character never saw the magic of a once in a great moon occurance and I feel sorry for what they missed.

April 27, 2013 at 4:00 pm
(159) martha says:

i thank Bo Peter should return to Days as if last week soon I have watched days for years and Bo and hope can be together

May 16, 2013 at 2:41 pm
(160) kate says:

noooooooooooo i love peter as bo

May 18, 2013 at 10:19 pm
(161) Marilyn says:

It is my understanding he didn’t leave on his own he was taken off because he had ” to much camera time ” so I think if this is right replacing him would be stupid…. I think it is time to bring back Bo !!!

May 20, 2013 at 2:46 am
(162) Jonathan Foley says:

James Hyde who played Sam on PSSNS should play Bo in PR never returns.

May 26, 2013 at 3:32 pm
(163) Oorphanannie says:

I started watching “Days” in 1965 from the very first episode and have never stopped watching. The characters become like family/neighbors/best friends when you have watched a show for over 47 years. My view on replacing Bo is simple, I would love to see Peter come back but the practical side of me says Sierra and Hope need their husband and daddy back so if Peter cannot/will not return, then his character should be replaced and we will just have to learn to accept it (hopefully they will find someone as great as Peter was in the role). I never like replacements at first, but have slowly accepted some in the past so I can try to do so again. I am not fond of the Will and Sonny episodes and have started taping all shows so I can fast forward through their scenes. It’s not the individuals that cause me to do so, they seem like nice, caring guys…but I just cannot watch men kissing men on tv. They could go as others have stated to free up more budget money for either Peter (if that is the problem) or to hire someone that has the ability to replace Bo’s character. They do need to end this “endless trip” situation though – it is getting very old!

June 3, 2013 at 7:31 pm
(164) josie says:

either kill him off or get someone to replace him..Ciara should not grow up thinking her Daddy doesn’t love her enough to come home.

June 10, 2013 at 12:13 pm
(165) sassy says:

I don’t think it was a money issue is why peter left, the writers didn’t give him and hope a story lines.

July 1, 2013 at 2:37 pm
(166) Len says:

I have been a Days fan for over 20 years and to bring in someone else to play Bo would be a diaster. I know that he is doing his own thing but Corday needs to work with him. He is missing in action wth the Sami case. Peter please comeback.

Bg Fan in Georgia.

July 13, 2013 at 1:22 pm
(167) RobinJane says:

I wish that they had make the character “presumed dead”, it would be better than him being in the next room always and forever out of site. They really did a disservice to the character, the actors and the fans.

RKK?? If that happens, say goodbye to Kristian Alfonso.

July 22, 2013 at 7:18 pm
(168) lyn says:

miss bo, but since will and sonny are a couple i dont watch it much any more, cut them and bring back bo

July 30, 2013 at 4:26 pm
(169) Sal says:

I completely agree, nobody can take Peter’s place. They tried in the past and it just doesn’t work. My suggestion…Hope and Doctor Daniel.

August 19, 2013 at 11:22 pm
(170) sharon says:

never no body can replace bo

August 21, 2013 at 11:31 am
(171) samantha says:

no that would be like a Reese cup without the cup that is what keeps it together

August 22, 2013 at 2:07 pm
(172) paulette says:

we need bo back i love peter as bo ‘but after watching robert as bo i liked him to i would not want anyone else paulette coon dechantal 61 yrs old and have watched it from forever

August 23, 2013 at 3:07 pm
(173) Samantha says:

I agree replace him Having Hope talk to him on the phone is just stupid hes been gone to long they replaced Roman and it went smooth, so why not?

August 25, 2013 at 2:24 pm
(174) Lu Ann C says:

What about Joe Lando? I think he would be great in the role of Bo Brady.