1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives February Sweeps Preview

By January 23, 2013

eric martsolfGet ready for some major fireworks in Salem. Soap Opera Digest details all the action in their latest issue, featuring a Days of Our Lives February sweeps preview.

Among the storyline highlights:

Kristen revs up her revenge plot against John and Marlena by scheming to marry Brady.

Drake Hogestyn fans can breathe a sigh of relief. John is returning to town with a plan to save his son.

EJ and Sami finally make love.

Nick's past comes back to haunt him, when his former prison inmate arrives in town.

To read the complete February sweeps previews, including what's in store for Will, Sonny, Nicole and Eric, pick up Soap Opera Digest on sale now.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/David Becker

Comments

January 23, 2013 at 2:08 pm
(1) melissa says:

I am soooo digusted about reading Sami and EJ make love. Really love?
She has been back and forth with these guys and it is gross. I really thought they were going to give Sami and Rafe a shot. I guess I wont be watching again in February.

January 23, 2013 at 2:47 pm
(2) Barbara says:

So exciting to see EJ and Sammie together

January 23, 2013 at 2:48 pm
(3) Maggie says:

Days has really gotten good! I like the use of history and the storytelling is tighter. Characters are more interesting too. The baby story is a huge umbrella story that promises to be quite good. And of course I’m thrilled EJ and Sami are making love. Awesome!

January 23, 2013 at 3:00 pm
(4) Jane says:

What about Bo?? If you want to sweep the sweeps, create a mystery that he and Hope can solve together! It’s time to bring this very important Salem hero BACK!

January 23, 2013 at 3:05 pm
(5) cpm says:

Ejami, it’s about time!! DOOL is going to get even better as the months go by.

January 23, 2013 at 3:59 pm
(6) Quinny says:

Sami & EJ make love……what a joke since neither of them know what love is…

January 23, 2013 at 4:41 pm
(7) Leah says:

EJ and Sami make love….. Yay, about TIME!
The Days powers to be have danced around this for 7 years, it IS about time this popular couple get their shot at being a couple, being a family, being 100% in love and committed to each other and their family. Looking forward to every second of it. So EXCITED. Bring it ON!!!

January 23, 2013 at 5:03 pm
(8) Leah says:

PS: Have to say I’m really enjoying this Gabi/Will baby storyline. I have been the first to complain about more unplanned pregnancies and keep the child from its parent storylines BUT… I didnt really realise just how this Gabi/Will baby storyline would impact so many characters. It has twists and turns everywhere and I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised. Well done Days!
I’m enjoying the fact that the Safe haze has lifted. We are seeing the worse coming out in Safe and them truly seeing each other for who they are. I’m enjoying EJ standing by Sami and Wills side. I’m enjoying how Sami is going to see first hand what keeping a child from its parent is like for the other person. She is going to witness her son being on the receiving end and I think this will truly open her eyes to what she put both Lucas and EJ through. I’m enjoying EJ and Wills interaction again. I like how their relationship has come full circle and that they now genuinely care for each other. EJ and Will have a mutual respect for each other and EJ is going to be able to give Will plenty of valuable insight in this baby saga. The boy has had to live through this a few times! I’m enjoying seeing Wills family rally around him. I’m enjoying nutcase Nicks actions and in the coming days his attempt to blackmail Will out of his childs life. Of course I hope this backfires on him and Gabi big time. I’m enjoying seeing Will get his gusto and backbone back. Go fight Will. I’m hoping Gabi and Nicks attempts at blackmail backfire and Will gets full custody of his daughter and Gabi only gets visiting rights. I’m enjoying Rafe and Nicoles growing relationship. Always thought they had a natural spark.
Yep there is so much to watch its keeping this viewer a happy camper.

January 23, 2013 at 5:49 pm
(9) Dmitri says:

Rafe is done with Sami and I’m done with Safe! I used to like them, but I think Nicole is a better fit for him. Sami is too much of a trollop! EJami is disgusting, and I’m glad to hear that Sami and Rafe, although I’m no longer rooting for them, are not really through. The baby storyline is dumb, Nick just needs to go away. I hope Will and Sonny get back together!

January 23, 2013 at 6:07 pm
(10) Leah says:

I don’t understand why Rafe is so puzzled by Sami and her reactions to this Gabi/Will baby. This is the same Rafe who has stood by her side and aided and abetted Sami in her many crimes. Samis lies, manipulations, plans, schemes and tricks! The only difference this time? Its arrayed AGAINST Rafe and HIS family. Oh, so now the light bulb comes on? Gee not too bright there.
And as for Rafe being done with Sami… apparently the actor himself said in an interview “Rafe is done with Sami. He doesn’t want her BUT he doesn’t want EJ to have her either.” Oh there doesn’t sound like any hint of being bitter or twisted there – LOL

January 23, 2013 at 6:56 pm
(11) Missy says:

When is February sweeps I always forget

January 23, 2013 at 7:02 pm
(12) BLONDIE says:

I think I must be watching a different show all you EJAMI haters keep complaining about them always sleeping together, I don’t remember her having sex with EJ all the time they spend alot of time together but they don’t show them in bed or anything. I am happy she is done with Rafe.

January 23, 2013 at 7:28 pm
(13) mouse says:

sweeps starts Jan 31 and ends Feb 27. It changes every year
you’ll be seeing a lot of award shows and other things
on TV during that time.

I had no idea how interesting the baby story was going to
be until everyone found out at the wedding.

INow everyone is taking sides. I think most of them have forgotten with the baby you can’t take sides

January 24, 2013 at 9:57 am
(14) jo says:

EJ and Sami make love, what a JOKE,
they have sex and there is nothing Awesome about it JMO
Sami prefers the man who tortured her for years over the
only man that loves her Lucas.

January 24, 2013 at 11:16 am
(15) Dmitri says:

Jo, Sami is only going back to second choice EJ cuz she cannot have Lucas. He is done with Sami. Sami just wants anyone who will kiss her butt! But we all know LUMI is not done yet…LUMI 2013!!!

January 24, 2013 at 6:43 pm
(16) Jujubug says:

Finally EJ and Sami together, yeah! These two have so much chemistry. I think they belong together. Rafe and Sami have absolutely no chemistry, none. Great job DOOL writers. The storylines are really good. Keep up the great work

January 25, 2013 at 12:05 am
(17) Amy says:

I can’t wait to see the blackmail happen. Gabi has that thing with Mel that she did n will with trying to kill ej. This is going to b good.

January 25, 2013 at 3:25 pm
(18) olivia says:

Finally Ej and Sami make love long long long overdue, no let’s hope Rafe mean it when he says he is done with her, good riddance but knowing these writers i doubt it sadly..well we will enjoy Ej and Sami scenes while it lasts. I was totally against the Gabby baby story (this character is so dull) but actually it makes an interesting and exiting story with all the important characters involved, love it right now, since the wedding fallout Days is fun to watch !
p.s: some bitter posters here it seems, make me laugh hey Dmitri get over it it is pathetic, it is just a soap guy.

January 28, 2013 at 4:32 pm
(19) Laura says:

EJ Come on….. Just could never understand that the fact that he is a rapist is so easily forgetten by Sami herself and fans. Gross. Good message to send.

January 28, 2013 at 4:35 pm
(20) Betsy says:

I totally agree with Melissa and every one else who is disappointed that Sami and EJ are thrown together again. YUK!! Note to the writers—–
remember last year (in a DOOL pol), Sami and Rafe were chosen the most popular DOOL couple ever? There are tons of us who also haven’t
forgotten the evil that EJ and Stefano did to Rafe with the cloned guy & are not buying a “changed” EJ. We’re expecting any minute that EJ will
begin another series of cruel setups and ridiculing events for Sami. With the other two really didisgusting people on DOOL, Kristen and Nick, —- please, please send them off as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 28, 2013 at 4:59 pm
(21) sue says:

I used to get mad at what happenes on DOOL each week ,but wait just wait till next week it will all change .Especially with Sami and the man who agrees with her about what she is up to that day.Im glad Rafe saw the real Sami he deserves better than her. Nicole needs Rafe they are good friends and thats how great couples start.. Besides its time for both of them to be happy.Gabi will probably loose her baby since there is NEVER anyone ever happy for long on DOOL.
Why are the men so dumb when it comes to women lieing to them. I guess they dont think with there brain when it comes to trusting there women…

January 28, 2013 at 5:17 pm
(22) Mily says:

glad to see that Ejami is back, Safe is too boring. Days would be so much better without the whole Hernandez family

January 28, 2013 at 5:35 pm
(23) David says:

Brady’s parents are John and Isabella; Eric’s parents are Marlena and Roman. So why did Brady say Eric was his HALF-brother?????????

January 28, 2013 at 5:47 pm
(24) Loretta says:

David, for the same reason people walk around this winter place with no coats in the town square. The writers forget details! So slutty Sami is at it again. Another EJ baby?

And I really dislike Daniel and Jennifer. She just has no sex appeal with her stringy hair and awful clothes. Can we move on.

January 28, 2013 at 6:09 pm
(25) raymone says:

Horray for Sami and EJ. Horray Horray. Also like the Jennifer/ Daniel story. Shame on Chloe! I like Nicole with Rafe and it’s fun to see Nicole and Kristen dueling. I believe they have both met their match. Days is good right now.

January 28, 2013 at 7:38 pm
(26) Layla says:

I’m happy with the way the show is going. I do wish Lucas had a love interest. And I have to agree with Loretta about Jennifer. The actress is a pretty woman but the hair and make-up department needs to do something about her hair and look.

January 28, 2013 at 7:57 pm
(27) sheila freund says:

come on Melissa! This is a soapo opera! Man hopping is supposed to happen! I hope EJ wins her heart@

January 29, 2013 at 2:48 am
(28) Teresa says:

Finally, Days is fun to watch again! I was one of the loudest complainers about the Will/Gabi/Nick/baby storyline, but I will be the first to admit I was wrong. I agree with everyone who has commented on how the story has brought so many characters together interacting with each other. I’m actually interested in almost every storyline going right now. Bringing Chloe back with Parker being Daniel’s son has even made the Dan/Jenn romance more interesting. But, of course, I have to give a big shout out to the writers for finally putting EJ and Sami together where they have always belonged. Bringing them together on equal footing and in love is all I’ve ever wanted to see. What started early on as a potentially romantic pairing was tarnished by bad writing, but I really feel these writers have tried to right the wrong and bring EJami to where they were always meant to be. I’m also so very excited to see EJ and Will connecting again. I’m really looking forward to seeing EJ and Sami help Will together as a family and support him in the upcoming months with the baby custody battle we know is coming. I’m hoping Lucas and Sami can remain friends and that he can also be a part of the support team. They have such good chemistry working together on a platonic level, I’d like to see it continue. I’ve enjoyed seeing Adrienne and Justin again interacting together with Sonny. I’d love to have more of them on the show!!! In total I’m really looking forward to the months ahead as all of the good storylines unfold.

January 29, 2013 at 9:43 am
(29) Linda Williams says:

EJ and Sammy were ment to be togethere..they are just alike and deserve each other…but he writers will play up the love hate relationship over and over…it’s good soap tv…

January 29, 2013 at 6:00 pm
(30) Nanny Goat says:

I’m definitely curious how Nick’s prison past is going to play into the Gabi/Will/Nick/Sonny drama. Loving Sami and Rafe being on opposite sides of a battle. Rafe should understand Sami’s anger for having her grandchild hidden from her by someone she was trying to HELP. Loving EJAMI scenes. These two are great together and the actors truly feed off eah other. Really think DOOL has to address BO missing in action. It is disrespectful to Kristian A. She is the heart of this show and she’s being pushed off camera. GIVE HOPE A STORY!

January 31, 2013 at 1:09 pm
(31) Joanne says:

So sick of the baby storyline, enough already! If Will is straight in real life (Which I doubt) get Nick out of the picture, marry Gabi and go off in the sunset and start a new storyline, maybe your writers should take a lesson from GH. I like EJ however, Sami needs someone stable in her life and feel she is a match for Rafe not EJ. EJ and Nicole belong together, love the storyline with Kristen and Brady glad she is sticking it to Marlena.

January 31, 2013 at 4:26 pm
(32) Mary says:

Not happy with Sami, the writers neet to stop having her go back & forth between these 3 men Have her get with Lucas or Rafe but not EJ and stick with the one man.OK. I hope Kristen falls in love with Brady & then he finds out what she has been doing & she is the one that gets dumped & hurt by Brady. Please bring Bo back, and give Hope & Bo a suspenseful storyline. Jennifer is just too boring with Jennifer.

January 31, 2013 at 11:26 pm
(33) Delta says:

Woo hoo! Thrilled beyond belief about Ejami!!!

February 18, 2013 at 7:12 pm
(34) mp says:

Leah i read your comment but is other way around i am on Sami’s side on here she knows she has a history of Will’s paternity she lied about Austin being Will’s father and the truth is Will’s father is Lucas. Gabi is acting like Sami keeping Will not being involved in her baby’s life and she is keeping Sami not being involved in her son’s life why is Kate should be with Will’s side she know about Sami’s history of Will’s paternity with Austin and Lucas