1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

All About Camila Banus

By January 30, 2013

camia banusCamila Banus' role as Gabi Hernandez on Days of Our Lives may have started out as a small supporting role, but over the past year she's emerged as one of the show's most prominent leading ladies.

And, of late, she's tackling her most challenging storyline: a teenager facing impending motherhood.

Want to know more about the talented young actress who portrays Gabi?

You can read all about her, here.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Michael Desmond

Comments

January 31, 2013 at 12:13 am
(1) fanny says:

That’s the problem with DAYS right now.
They give newbies full storylines and totally ignore the vets.
The ones that made DAYS’ history and popularity.
They let Jack Deveraux, Bo Brady go and put John and Marlena on the backburner for another stupid baby storyline with an insignificant unknown that nobody cares about?
I say NO THANK YOU!
I have nothing against Camila Banus but she should not be in a front- burning storyline. Her character is not even part of one of the chore families of this show.
The writers are lazy and totally disrespectful of longtime viewers.
Just look how easily they got rid of Jack and Bo ( the worst exit-storyline ever! ) SHAME ON THEM!
I say to them: take a hint from General Hospital. Their ratings have gone up and surpassed DAYS, because they brought back many beloved characters and YES they even WROTE good storylines for them. IMAGINE THAT! General Hospital has respected its show’s history and most of all their faithful viewers. The exact opposite can be said for DAYS.

January 31, 2013 at 9:21 am
(2) Michelle says:

fanny, I completely agree with you Gabby isn’t a main character but Nick is a Horton. Having read a interview with the guy playing Nick(can’t remember his name at the moment)it didn’t seem like he was sticking around for long. I don’t like what they have done with him. I liked the sweet nerd better. At the very least, they are making another Horton for us. It really buggs me that they brought back all these old characters and let them sit on the back burner and not even at simmer. Lisa didn’t get any storyline. Lucas just comes in as backup every once in a while. John and Marlena got a pretty good storyline. If they didn’t write for John and Marlena, I would be livid. Bo left on his own for family reasons so you can’t really blame Days. I think they are leaving his spot open to give him a chance to come back. I prefer it that way because bringing people back from the dead is getting stale.

January 31, 2013 at 10:46 am
(3) BLONDIE says:

Fanny and Michele I totally agree with you both and I have said it before Gabi is a nobody she can’t act and then they pair her up with a loser like Nick. The story line is crazy they are still throwing her into thing with Will to try to make her important. Instead of building a story line for Billie they let her walk away just like Bo. I know there are a lot a fans that didn’t like Lisa Rena but she has alway been Billie they had someone else for a while but Lisa was always Billie. If the Gabi story line ended today and her and Nick left the show I don’t think very many people would miss her. Camila you might think you are a main character on Days but you are a nobody and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

January 31, 2013 at 12:07 pm
(4) shygirl says:

I agree with all of you. The established characters should be in the forefront. I think they should be interacting with new characters with new ideas as storylines, as well as with each other. Am personally sick of all the baby and custody battles. Nothing more boring than kids on a show like this. And Sami! Her character is a joke. Who is dressing her in those terribly tight clothes? I have ranted previously about the lack of any kind of reality concerning the hospital and police scenes. And the dimera and Kiriakis mansions need revamping. Rich people can hire decoraters and those sets are tired and outdated. And the Horton house is pathetic. please someone rebuild some sets!

January 31, 2013 at 12:50 pm
(5) Dmitri says:

While Gabi isn’t my favorite character and the storyline for her is boring, there’s no reason to blame or be mean to Camila. I think she’s a great actress, seems like a nice person, and I’m glad she is on the soap. While I wish the vets got more screentime, the soap would be boring with nothing but a bunch of old people, who are already paired with their soulmates, sitting around having picnics and discussing love. Camila is playing her part well, and I’m glad they have the younger characters doing something, even if it is this overused pregnancy storyline. I think the REAL issue is the overexposure of the thirtysomethings-fortysomethings. Sami’s love life and Dannifer take up too much airtime, not these younger characters. Cam, Chad and Abigail barely get any airtime, same with Sonny. Sami, Rafe, EJ, Nicole, Jennifer, Chloe and Daniel are ALWAYS on! And those are the storylines that nobody cares about because they are boring, recycled crap that is on the show EVERYDAY! If you should be mad at anyone, be mad that the writers are showing us the RaJami triangle and Dannifer instead of the vets.

January 31, 2013 at 2:50 pm
(6) cathym says:

Camila is a beautiful young lady and a fantastic actress, no one should leave Days, not the vets, not the young ones and not the new ones, they all just need a good storyline. It’s not nice to say bad things about anyone.

January 31, 2013 at 2:50 pm
(7) Montira says:

While I love the veterans–Doug and Julie, Hope and Bo, Roman, Abe, Kayla, et. al–the show does need a diverse cast that includes young adults. Granted, the storylines that involve the kids are not enjoyable for everyone–especially many longtime fans who have watched since Day 1. But they do appeal to various groups of people. And while I think the whole story with Gabi being pregnant is a bit of a mess, I do think that Camilla Banus and the other “kids” are doing fine jobs with what they’ve been given. I don’t understand why people say Camilla Banus can’t act. She seems to play Gabi just fine–if Gabi is supposed to be someone you want to feel sorry for, but also want to slap at times.

February 1, 2013 at 2:25 pm
(8) Rosie says:

The writers need to be more in tuned with the needs of their audience. As a viewer I expect a certain level of creativity and these writers are anything but creative. Every scene is so predictable it is sometimes insulting. It will be interesting to see what happens to the character Nick . For an ex-con he is extremely arrogant.

February 4, 2013 at 8:20 pm
(9) cyberteach says:

I agree with all of you, Days has really gone down hill. I like Gabi and I like them pairing her with Will but I can not stand NIck and I hate the way they have Nick acting. In my opinion, NIck is a bully and he has nothing to deserve the spot light he is getting. He has pushed Gabi around every since the baby issue came about. I wouldn’t mind having both Nick and Gabi removed from the show and to have Will and Sonny raise the baby but If they continue to let NIck be a bully then I will probably stop watching. I would also like to see something positive develop with Jennifer and Daniel and I hate that they have brought Chole back into the picture. I think it would be great to have Jennifer and Daniel raise Parker. Why can’t the writers let something good happen for a change. Also I am sick of Kristen Demira. Please take her off of the show.

March 31, 2013 at 4:41 pm
(10) shirleyione says:

I’m just tired of Days right now. The writers seem to have slipped several notches backwards down the intelligenfe ladder! Sami back with EJ? Why? He’s scum, and intelligent Sami would never hop back in his bed. And what they’ve done to Sami is criminal! Why does she get blamed for Gabi’s scare when it was Rafe that started yelling? She just wanted Will’s paternity rights protected, which all of them should be able to see was needed by now. Plus, if Will were my son he’d be getting his smug, spoiled face slapped every time he opens his mouth. What a loser he is, blaming his lack of gonads and brainpower on his Mommy! True, she’s no angel, but she loves her kids and has done a good job with the others, probably because she doesn’t have Lucas, Kate, Carrie, and even Marlena encouraging them to hate her. Rafe with Kate? Seriously? Added to the barf-go-round of Days “romance” are Daniel/Jennifer, Abby/Cameron, and Brady/Kristen. Yuck is all I can say.

Bring back Jack and Bo, get Sami back with Lucas, loan Will a pair so he can kick Nick back to his mommy, and grow Brady a brain so he can stop banging his dad’s O-L-D ex. Those simple changes would improve the show a lot. It’d be a start toward getting Days back where it used to be.

August 18, 2013 at 8:25 am
(11) Daisy says:

I think Bo should be brought back but not Jack. They clearly killed him in an elevator. Brady and Necole need to be together. JJ needs his butt kicked and Jen and Dr. Hot Dan needs to finally be together. She needs to get pregnant with his baby. I think Abe and Kayla should be together. But, as much as I love Sami I really don’t care which one gets her. But, if it was all this way it wouldn’t be a story line. Gotta keep the excitement going. I love all my oldies because bringing the new ones in with the drugs and all makes it hard to make it a family affair like it was when I was a kid. Especially, the way this sick world is today. It’s time for an over the top beautiful wedding like Bo/Hope’s or Patch/Kayla’s