1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Drake Hogestyn, Deidre Hall Reflect on Their Days Love Story

By February 8, 2013

drake hogestyn and deidre hallDays of Our Lives viewers are as enamored with John and Marlena as the twosome are with each other.

In honor of their longtime super coupling, Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall reflect on the working relationship and friendship they've shared for over two decades in the new issue of Soap Opera Digest.

Among the subjects they discuss is the strong response their paring has elicited from fans.

"Deidre always says we put them in a warm fuzzy place," explains Hogestyn, noting that he and Hall are "safety nets for each other" and "never try to upstage each other."

Hall weighs in on how she and Hogestyn keep their screen romance fresh after all these years. "I'm really comfortable doing anything with Drake in the creative process," shares the actress. "When Drake and I are doing a scene, sometimes I have no idea what he is going to do -- whether it's pick me up or whatever."

To read their entire interview, pick up the new issue of Soap Opera Digest.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

February 8, 2013 at 1:35 pm
(1) Sandy says:

he really is the worst actor on tv and their love scenes are disgusting

February 8, 2013 at 2:32 pm
(2) Linda says:

Thank you Janet for the heads-up on this interview in SOAP OPERA DIGEST! I’ll for SURE be picking up a copy!

February 8, 2013 at 2:34 pm
(3) Jimmy says:

Sandy, CLEARLY you are BLIND if you think Drake is a bad actor. This man sells EVERYTHING he is handed and does it with realism. He is one of the strongest actors Days has.

February 8, 2013 at 2:36 pm
(4) Isabella says:

Drake is an AWESOME actor. Seriously Sandy don’t you ever get tired of saying the SAME thing? As far as Drake and Deidre’s love scenes on-screen go, OTHER actors need to take lessons on how to perform a realistic love scene.

February 8, 2013 at 2:42 pm
(5) Mary H. says:

As a die hard fan of Drake and Deidre SOD is now on my shopping list for tomorrow. Just so anxious for Drake to return to Days. Thank you for the heads up.

February 8, 2013 at 2:46 pm
(6) Linsey says:

I love Drake’s acting, he is very gifted and if this interview has Drake quotes in it, it is must buy! Thanks Janet for letting us know about it. I’m a general DAYS fan but Drake is my favorite actor. He makes this show.

February 8, 2013 at 2:48 pm
(7) Mary H. says:

As a die hard Drake and Deidre I thank you for the heads up. IMO they are the best of the best super couples. Just wish TPTB at “Days” would bring back the old John and Marlena with all the romance and love that use to be.
Our John would NEVER have left Marlena to the perils of Kristen. Come on TOMSELL give us what we want.

February 8, 2013 at 2:50 pm
(8) Peter says:

Sandy, you’re not only blind but you clearly must be an EJami fan which explains your lack of taste in love scenes. Jarlena are just all kinds of awesome and Drake and Deidre are FAB actors that the show is lucky to have. I’ll be buying this issue just for the D/D interview.

February 8, 2013 at 3:23 pm
(9) Steven says:

Sandy, I agree with everybody else and you need to take lessons from Drake on how to be classy. Drake is a fantastic actor who has successfully played 13 characters back-to-back. He deserves PRAISE not bashing from tasteless people like you. What, you’re not using a DIFFERENT identity today like you ALWAYS do when you bash Drake? Unbelievable.

February 8, 2013 at 3:25 pm
(10) Enza says:

I love Drake! How can anybody not love this very talented actor? I’m looking forward to reading this interview.

February 8, 2013 at 3:27 pm
(11) Sami says:

When is Drake coming back to DAYS? Monday isn’t enough, I want to see him every day. I miss him and haven’t watched DAYS since this awesome actor was last on. DAYS sucks without him, that’s a fact.

February 8, 2013 at 3:34 pm
(12) Pam says:

I’m a die hard Drake Hogestyn fan. He’s a WONDERFUL person both on & off the screen! Drake & Deidre Hall make a GREAT super couple on #DAYS. It’s REALLY to bad the writers don’t appreciate their history or their army of fans! IMO Jarlena makes the show. They should give other actors on the show romance lessons. D&D are the BEST! Romance & humor are sadly lacking on #DAYS lately thanks to the writers!!! We are missing the romance of Jarlena lately for SURE!

February 8, 2013 at 4:17 pm
(13) Brittany says:

Nobody does it better than John and Marlena and there would be no them without Drake and Deidre!

February 8, 2013 at 5:26 pm
(14) dazwatcher says:

The writers really missed it with being able to use John and Marlena for the “classical romance” as people age. Honestly, I am tired of all the bedroom scenes. They need to get John back and ready to play a game of chess with Kristen and have her used as a pawn. Let her think she is getting the upper hand and pull her whole world out from under her and send her back to Europe!

February 8, 2013 at 5:29 pm
(15) Melony says:

Drake and Deidre are wonderful actors – a joy to watch and I’m looking forward to reading this interview. Drake is frickin hilarious so I’m sure this interview will have lots of humor in it.

February 10, 2013 at 11:24 am
(16) Elena says:

I’m sorry, but I’ve never cared for Drake and his raspy, unemotional voice. I love Deidre and wish she could be paired with someone else. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but it’s how I feel.

February 11, 2013 at 8:56 pm
(17) Lind.a says:

I just wish Drake would not dye his hair so dark. It looks phony! It is nice to see men age gracefully. They look distinguished. Of course Deidre always looks wonderful! They are both very good actors.

February 12, 2013 at 1:37 pm
(18) renpet7 says:

Yes, Drake is one of THE BEST on Days. The show would not be the same without him or Marlena.I was so happy when they finally came back to Salem…

February 18, 2013 at 3:16 pm
(19) Joanne says:

I DON’T LIKE EITHER ONE OF THEM!!!!

May 14, 2013 at 10:02 pm
(20) karen says:

I love Drake and Deidra. I wish they had more romantic storylines. Drake could be a law enforcement consultant, security service with Deidra as a psych-profiler with Brady working with his father as a familyi. Kristen came on as sophisticated devil. She could have worked at a company trying to till steal Drake, take his business so forth. THIS IS THE WORST STORYLINE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kristen could use seduction, hypnosis, drugs, etc. There is no romance. Drakes character is out of character , he is our hero. And he is great looking, hot. WRITERS TO SOMETHING Brady and Kristen look stupid, act stupid. nothing makes sense. I CAME BACK TO WATCHING DAYS BECAUSE OF DRAKE AND DEIDRA.

May 17, 2013 at 3:47 pm
(21) SARA says:

Deidre and Drake rule..they are the best and the reason i even watch days…So Sandy you are clearly the minority here why did u even bother to read this article?

May 17, 2013 at 5:15 pm
(22) Pat C says:

Are you people kidding me, when you say, Drake Hogestyn can act??
The guy is terrible. We had better actors in my HS Senior Play.
How he ever got a job on this show, is beyond me.
He is so bad, you think he is doing a parody of himself. He is downright laughable.
He always stands sideways to the camera, and is looking over his shoulder, when he talks to the other characters. This looks beyond ridiculous. I don’t how the other actors keep a straight face.
Everything the guy does, looks fake.The way he talks, in a whisper, the way he walks, sideways again, and flexing, and his facial expressions are hilarious.
When he leaves this show, and, mercifully, I hope it is very soon, I want all of you people out there who think he can “act”, to let me know the next time you see him on ANY other show, ANYWHERE.!
You won’t, EVER!