1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Janet Di Lauro

Major Days Shocker: Kate and Rafe Have Sex

By February 8, 2013

lauren koslowTwo unlikely Salemites hit the sheets, next week. In a major Days of Our Lives shocker, Kate and Rafe have sex.

The new issue of Soap Opera Digest details the events leading up to the unexpected encounter. Kate, down, out and angry after a phone conversation with Stefano, heads to a bar for a drink. There she meets Rafe, who's angry and on the rebound after losing Sami to EJ.

They drink. They commiserate. They discuss the Will/Gabi situation... It all leads to a steamy night of passion.

It's not the first time Kate has bedded one of Sami's men. Remember she actually had an affair with EJ, before he became involved with Sami.

But it is the first time Rafe has bedded one of Sami's enemies and EJ's exes. Although there were sparks between him and Nicole, the twosome decided to remain friends.

To read Lauren Koslow's take on Kate and Rafe's steamy night and what happens the next morning, pick up the latest issue of Soap Opera Digest.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Trae Patton

Comments

February 8, 2013 at 6:28 pm
(1) Claire says:

Oh wow, the writers are loving the young guy older women aren’t they. This has a yuck factor, but considering Salem has so much inbreding, what the heck. I am sure she is too old for yet another pregnancy? But then, how about a menopausal slip!!!???

February 8, 2013 at 6:30 pm
(2) lt says:

all I can say is EW!!!!!!

February 8, 2013 at 7:25 pm
(3) sue says:

Get new writers

February 8, 2013 at 7:51 pm
(4) Missy says:

ICK she is old enough to be him mom. Mamma Mia writers

February 8, 2013 at 8:55 pm
(5) Lou says:

EWWWW GET NEW WRITERS.

February 8, 2013 at 9:02 pm
(6) Jimmy says:

I dont think its bad to have Rafe sleep with Kate at all. Lauren Koslow is in her 50′s and she looks fabulous. Im only 20 but if she made a sexual advance on me I would NOT TURN HER DOWN! She looks alot better than some of the woman my age in my classes. Age is only a number.

February 8, 2013 at 9:32 pm
(7) Dmitri says:

Rafe didn’t lose Sami to EJ. He decided he was done with her. It as his choice!

But yeah, this is yucky. Krady and EJami already make my stomach turn, but Kate and Rafe’s drunken grief sex is too much! The only good thing about it is that Sami will go ballistic and be jealous! But to make it worse, the morning after, Rafe and Kate have sex AGAIN! While SOBER! NEW WRITERS ARE NEEDED!

February 8, 2013 at 9:45 pm
(8) dazwatcher says:

I feel like the writers are getting their storylines from Jerry Springer and Maury. Perhaps, they want the show to fail by losing the viewers.

February 8, 2013 at 10:29 pm
(9) BLONDIE says:

At this point I will watch anything that doesn’t involve Chloe,Ann, Nick or the discusting Gabi. Now this is something that really happens. Planting a bug pen in Will’s backpack and then taking it back, and who carries a backpack with them 24-7 except for a homeless person anyway? I am so over the Chloe chasing Daniel and I can see it now dAniel gets upset when he finds out jen lied to chloe. scripted story line you can see coming a mile away. I thought you would bring Chloe back for a good story line somrthing exciting no wonder she didn’t sign a long term contract I’m suprised she agreed to come back for this trash at all.
GO KATE AND RAFE

February 8, 2013 at 10:51 pm
(10) unnamed says:

yuck is right!!! i feel sick to my stomache!! why cant it be nicole and rafe.

February 9, 2013 at 3:36 am
(11) Wiwin says:

I agree with claire said….boring ……They (Jenn and Kristian) have thirst for sex. And for Daniel does not know himself because he is father’s Parker. He should apologize to Chloe …. ur film not educate because a child is the greatest proof of love.
I think Jenn is a good angel and a heart of love is always right but he is not wrong to choose a partner. Should she choose the father’s sonny….

February 9, 2013 at 5:54 am
(12) Rosieroserson says:

I think Rate is a great pairing!!! They both look good and maybe they can help eachother getting Nick out of the way! I think Rafe gradually understands that Nick is a nutjob!!!!!

February 9, 2013 at 8:33 pm
(13) Bandianni says:

What in the hell is Wiwin talking about?

February 10, 2013 at 2:15 am
(14) LKRocks53 says:

Kate within the arms of Rafe shouldn’t be judged negatively so fast because as many have seen throughout the years Lauren is absolute magic no matter which male actor they pair her up with,and to think that in less than a month she will turn 60 years young and is looking hotter than women half her age.

February 10, 2013 at 10:18 am
(15) queenofthenight says:

How can anyone think Kate and Rafe are disgusting?! Rafe is very handsome and Kate is so hot! Kate looks amazing all the time and wears the coolest clothes. She, unlike Sami looks the part of a major corporation CEO. She keeps herself fit and her hair and makeup are natural and flawless. She has a real woman’s appeal. Just because someone is older does not mean they are washed up sexually. Age doesn’t matter when you are both adults. Rafe is well into his late 30′s, early 40′s and Kate is into her 50′s. So, the gap is n ot so wide now. They have both been around the block a few times and both have dark pasts which makes for an instant attraction.

February 10, 2013 at 1:41 pm
(16) numero1fan says:

Yuk is right! Not fitting for Rafe! Even drunk! new writers needed for sure!

February 10, 2013 at 4:13 pm
(17) dazwatcher says:

Rafe sleeping with Kate:
Let’s see it in the eyes of Johnny and Sydney:
My step dad had sex with my half sister’s grandma, who used to be my grandma too, when she was married to Nonno (Stephano).

Let’s see it in the eyes of Sami:
My ex-husband had sex with my children’s grandmother, the woman I hate more than anything. Definitely, not getting back with him, ever!

Let’s see it in the eyes of Gabi:
My brother had sex with my baby’s great grandmother!!!

Are the writers just pulling names and storylines out of a hat and whatever is picked that’s what they go with?

February 10, 2013 at 11:29 pm
(18) justiffied says:

Wow, this show is pathetic!

February 11, 2013 at 7:33 am
(19) Leah says:

Rafe and Kate…. Why oh why? I cannot understand why the powers to be haven’t written in and introduced us to the love of Rafes life Emily yet. She would be a great addition to the show and help unravel Rafes mysterious past and open up his character more.
If the powers to be at Days were after the shock factor they certainly got it but I think its gross. Definitely cougarish. If Rafe was going to do this he would have been far been off with Nicole (which we could all understand) or even Chloe. But dear oh dear not Kate.

February 11, 2013 at 7:35 am
(20) Leah says:

Thinking…. Are there any of Samis exes Kate hasn’t slept with? Oh right that would be her two sons Austin and Lucas – thank goodness! LOL

February 11, 2013 at 9:03 am
(21) mouse says:

I think most people agree about this.

I guess the people at Days wanted something
for us to talk about. I’ll be using my fast forward
button.

February 11, 2013 at 9:34 am
(22) Quinny says:

WiWin should use google translate

February 11, 2013 at 4:20 pm
(23) Steph says:

REALLY? That is where they chose to go with this?
GROSS….NASTY….

February 11, 2013 at 5:34 pm
(24) Pat says:

Please spare me!

February 11, 2013 at 6:04 pm
(25) lisa says:

I am 45 years old and have been watching Days since before the Salem strangled. I remember Alex, Don, Renee and many more. I’ve always loved days and been watching it since I was a little girl. They are so ridiculous now. Rate is to much of a good guy to be with Kate.

February 11, 2013 at 6:12 pm
(26) Sandishoes says:

Let Kate grow old gracefully. She’s a great-grandmother for Heaven’s sake. Rafe could be her son.

February 11, 2013 at 6:13 pm
(27) Becky says:

YUCK! She is old enough to be his MOM!!!! She is NO different than Kristen with Brady! Gross!

February 11, 2013 at 7:18 pm
(28) marie says:

this program really STINKS. Nothing exciting anymor – just gay love scenes, Brady and Kristen love scenes, and most disgusting Sami and EJ. What a bunch of bull! Find new writers —-NOW!!

February 11, 2013 at 7:29 pm
(29) scroome says:

Is this what February sweeps is all about? I don’t think so…..why would the writers do such a thing? After Brady and Kristen…now Rafe and Kate! Come on … how stupid! Let’s get some suspense and action going again. Where are the plots with intrigue? Maybe, after watching since 1964, it’s time to move on. Pretty bad when you can go on vacation for a month, come back, and catch up in a day! Please don’t go on disappointing us veteran fans!

February 11, 2013 at 7:42 pm
(30) marilyn says:

I had quit watching day’s once before and it is coming to that again! This is just the topper on a long line of stupid story lines. Kate in her 50′s ? how can that be? Look at Austin and Billie both are several years older then Lucas and the writers need to start some basic math. So lets say she had Lucas at 23, Lucas became a father at 17 makes her 40 and Will is in college so lets give him 20 that brings us to what age???? Ok. 60 . And jen, I am tired of her Innocent act she just lost her husband. Rafe they are trying to put him with Hope and she is also to old for him I never thought anyone would say Kate. Sami has slept with so many men and flips from one to the other all the time. I am tired of this show John and Marlena, is just old and Bringing Kristine in a insane tramp who looks her age lol its all a joke. I will give it a couple more weeks and I will again be gone.

February 11, 2013 at 8:40 pm
(31) JB says:

I, too, have watched for a long time.
I watch during my lunch hour. And it’s the only time of day that everyone knows not to disturb me. That’s worth it’s weight in gold to me.

It is what it is. It’s a soap opera.
Use the remote or not.

February 11, 2013 at 10:12 pm
(32) raymone says:

Wow…didnt see that coming. Has Rafe ever had a scene with Kate before hopping in the sack with her?. Its almost anonymous sex. It’s ok, just a story, parts are entertaining, parts are not. Still worth watching every single day.

February 11, 2013 at 10:13 pm
(33) rd216f says:

rd216f@gmail.com
Cougers have to have a life with fun too. Since Rafe and Sami R not right for each other(no sizzle) TJ & Sami R burning up the screen! Oh So HOT! It makesi me very happy to see “T & S” 2gether!:-) :-) :-) :-)

February 11, 2013 at 11:56 pm
(34) Barb says:

It disappoints me that the writers have to resort to this in order to give two actors …. something to do on the show.
I’ve wondered for a long time why they even keep the character of Kate around. This character has NO story line whatsever.
Now, Rafe, he really only has his big brother role to Gabi… if he and Sammi are done. What’s this.. a few lines about the same thing..ever few days??
Even though “Kate” is always looking meticulous… I find it ( as a viewer for almost 40 yrs) ..I find it a stretch to have these two characters have sex. Yes, boring, too. Certainly not exciting tv !
I also find it , as I previously said…..disappointing to see the character of Rafe and his morals change so drastically.
If you had asked me my original thought when I read the topic… and to say it in one word….the word would be Gross!!!.
Yes, I do think Days needs some new, GOOD creative thinking writers.
Just look at the cast member who really don’t have much of any story. …Marlena, John, Adrienne, Justin, Kayla, Victor….. etc, etc……
Days has a long history of hiring beloved cast members and NOT utilizing their talent !!!! Then they are let go…move, die….whatever.
NEW WRITERS are so needed.

February 12, 2013 at 12:37 am
(35) sylvia says:

Pairing Rafe with Kate is lame. Is that all the writers can come up with? She’s already been with EJ and Daniel…enough bed hopping already!!!! And drop the gay storyline. So sick of two guys coming onto each other. It’s NOT HOT!

February 12, 2013 at 1:00 am
(36) dazwatcher says:

The Kate/Rafe storyline isn’t anything about being a cougar. It really shows desperation of wanting to have sex and not caring about who it is.
I just wish they would start to bring in other people and broaden the relationship connection.

February 12, 2013 at 2:21 am
(37) robert says:

i have say sami is sick she need help
to be whit ej omg tht why i see sami and ej
i have push the ff thank god i still have good work vcr
FF SAMI AND EJ

February 12, 2013 at 2:29 am
(38) LKRocks53 says:

I shall sit back and enjoy while Rafe delights himself by satisfying Kate’s needs with the soft brushing of his lips upon the warmth and tenderness of her body,which most women can only dream of having when they’re 60 years of age.

February 12, 2013 at 6:54 am
(39) DFan says:

Getting very disappointed in the story’s. It seems as if the “class” days had is being flushed down the toilet. Kate with Rafe??? REALLY?? OMG! Nicole acting like the devil temptress in a convent and rectory. Crossing the line wouldn’t you say?? She should be mature enough to accept the life path he chose. What happened to the morals? I agree with the other person who said the show is getting trashy. I don’t like the writers they have now. After the many, many years that I have watched Days if they put Nicole and Eric the priest in bed I’m done!! I will no longer be a Days fan! I agree about the Jerry Springer image its starting to get. I don’t want to be a part of it all. Rafe was always an upstanding guy, good head on his shoulders, now he’s skimming the bottom. Don’t think so!

February 12, 2013 at 7:19 am
(40) Rosa says:

REALLY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO DISAPPOINTED!!!

February 12, 2013 at 8:20 am
(41) Terri says:

That is just sick! Shame on the writers!

February 12, 2013 at 8:56 am
(42) Debra says:

Strange pairing, but I can see how it could happen. No stranger than Victor and Maggie. I do hope Jen and Dan can work it out. I’ve been watching since 1971 – my earliest memory is of a pregnant Julie falling down avcircular stairway, thereby losing Bob Anderson’s baby. I think Kate and Rafe will not continue as a couple, but their walk of shame will surely be witnessed by someone and word will get out. And Kate. And Rafe would be no different than Kristen and Brady when it comes to age differences. IRL, Kristen is only 5 yrs younger than Kate.

February 12, 2013 at 11:58 am
(43) Gaga says:

EEWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!! Kate has children OLDER thab Rafe! OK, that does it – I’m leaving DOOL in the dust. In about 6 months I’ll check back and see if EJ has killed Sami or cheated on her – or vice versa. I’m tired of Sami juoping into bed with all of her exes! She needs to get a new life! And I’m sick to death of Kristen/Brady.
The writers must be STUPID – they even used the same plot-line on Jennifer/Daniel/Chloe that was used for Marlena/John/Kristen. WHERE IS YOUR IMAGINATION writers?????? REALLY??!!!

February 12, 2013 at 12:01 pm
(44) Kiltie says:

I’ve been watching Days since 1965—-day 1. Yesterday I deleted it from recording on my DVR. Sorry to see what’s happened to the only soap I ever watched. I’ll find a good book.

February 12, 2013 at 1:12 pm
(45) Joanne says:

OMG how sick!!! I agree DOOL please get new writers!!! your story lines have certainly fell into the sewer, as a viewer from day one I am surprised you are still on the air, more surprised they renewed Days. Why not put Rafe with Nicole more his age instead of sleeping with granny,

February 12, 2013 at 1:36 pm
(46) Farah says:

EWWWW!! I mean come on already what is it with the pairing the hot Rafe and Brady with these Beautiful but old ladies ?!! THey are old enough to be there respective Mothers! I mean Kristen was playing the role or Step-Monster to Brady.. THis is getting to be rediculous and totally out of character for both. But Rafe with Kate??!!!! That is LUDRICOUS. She needs to go back to Roman! I am not liking the new storylines at all……

February 12, 2013 at 2:46 pm
(47) Ann says:

Please don’t put Rafe and Kate together,that’s a mistake. Sami is still better with Rafe and Not with E.J

February 12, 2013 at 2:49 pm
(48) ann says:

Please think about what your doing not Kate I think Rafe and Sami should
get back together and Let E.J have Kate

February 12, 2013 at 3:07 pm
(49) ann says:

Give me a break. I would rather see Kate and E.J and Sami and Rafe together

February 12, 2013 at 8:16 pm
(50) Mary says:

Not happy with any of the couples that have been paired together. I guess Sami has forgotten that EJ raped her and tried to kill John along with the other things he has done to her. Jennifer is too boring and nice for Daniel. Rafe and Kate, was not expecting that. If Bo is not coming back which I hope he does, I would rather Rafe and Hope get together. Hope Brady finds out what Kristen has been up to and turns the tables on her. Hope they do not hook Father Erick and Nicole together, not would be the worsr.

February 12, 2013 at 9:58 pm
(51) shaine says:

It makes me laugh when people talk about nicole in the church, dreaming about sleeping with a priest…as if that is crossing the moral line…hello?? 17 years ago marlena was possessed by satan..nothing is shocking about days anymore…i am however happy to see a storyline for kate now..lauren koslow is stunning

February 13, 2013 at 1:46 pm
(52) RiRi says:

I think DOOL needs to be cancelled ASAP. These writers are beyond crap. Here’s an idea try writing something that isn’t total crap. This Rafe and Kate thing is stupid. You’ve done such outlandish stories and unbelievable situations that this soap is only suited for people who have the intelligence of a stick. In the past 2 yrs I’ve just watched on days off but today is my last day watching this soap. I’ve been watching for 20 years and honestly you should be ashamed of this garbage.

February 13, 2013 at 1:46 pm
(53) janiebell says:

I am so glad that the writter wrote “had sex” and not Rafe and Kate “made love.” There is a MAJOR difference between “having sex” and “making love”.

February 13, 2013 at 1:53 pm
(54) Janiebell says:

Thanks writers for writting “had sex” and not Rafe and Kate “made love” There is a major difference between “having sex” and “making love.” Even animals can “have sex” but love is not made; either one loves or not, and the “sex” act doesnot always mean “make love”, unless the 2 people rilly love each other. With Rafe and Kate what they did was simpley a “time kill”.

February 13, 2013 at 4:05 pm
(55) Cant leave name over the Shame says:

OMG, Galen must have been turning over his grace at the thought of putting himself in bed with that COW, of course I use that in the English version of the word… and not idolized as in the Indian form either. Big Bonus for Galen in his future cuz I think I would opt for the unlimited Unemployment Checks before kissing that … those ….. ewww just the thought makes me GAG!

What is the deal writers? This isnt even shock factor.. are you trying to lose your audience cuz that was a mistake made in hell.

February 15, 2013 at 2:38 pm
(56) Brenda says:

Bad choice for a couple in my opinion…Kate is not only too old she is 2 evil for Rafe’s character….Would like to see Rafe with Nicole or better yet… Jennifer Horton would be perfect…I can see them doing detective stuff together

March 26, 2013 at 11:58 am
(57) Candyheartss says:

OMG she is 60 years old in real life and he is 42. This is a ridiculous match up. I never bought it and it is just yucky………