1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By February 12, 2013

drake hogestynHere's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of  Our Lives.

Two fan favorites, who have been on the canvas, but away from Salem, are heading back. Look for Drake Hogestyn, who's John left town and Marlena on January 25, to be getting more air time, when his character decides he's ready to return home the end of February.

Meanwhile, Joseph Mascolo, who's Stefano went to Europe in August, appears to be Salem bound, too. His character begins discussing a Salem return in late February.

Brant Daughtery resurfaces as Brian, the thorn in Will/Sonny's  romance, on February 15.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/Frederick M. Brown

Comments

February 12, 2013 at 7:58 am
(1) Samantha says:

I can’t wait for Wilson scenes. Epic couple, epic love story. Love them so much! Thank you DAYS.

February 12, 2013 at 11:36 am
(2) fanny says:

FINALLY! John and Stefano are back. They were sorely missed.
And Brian too in the Will & Sonny storyline…I like it!

February 12, 2013 at 11:38 am
(3) mouse says:

end of Feb is a long time from now.

I guess Marlena will be alone on Valentine’s :(

February 12, 2013 at 12:44 pm
(4) Linda says:

YAHOOOOOO! You made my day, Janet! Thank you for letting us know this excruciatingly long Drake drought is coming to an end! Drake is a EXTRAORDINARY actor and he is needed in Salem!

February 12, 2013 at 12:47 pm
(5) Sally says:

I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE DRAKE!

February 12, 2013 at 1:01 pm
(6) Mary H. says:

Doing my happy dance. Drake is coming back with more airtime. Happy to see Joe coming back also.

February 12, 2013 at 1:44 pm
(7) Missy says:

I did NOT miss you Stefano hopefully you disappear again. As for drake I had a feeling he wasnt gone for good…And hopefully we get sonny and will again Brian can go kick rocks with nick and leave Salem and take chad with them too.

February 12, 2013 at 2:47 pm
(8) Donna says:

That’s great news John is coming back tptb finally get smart . Why did he disappear during sweeps ? Not a good move

February 12, 2013 at 3:59 pm
(9) Jimmy says:

Thank God – the reason my boyfriend and I watch is coming back. We both love John and Drake is awesome period.

February 12, 2013 at 4:01 pm
(10) Nancy Micgowan says:

AWESOME NEWS! I haven’t watched DAYS since last Monday when Drake and Joe were on. Salem is a lonely place without Drake’s talent showcased. I hope we get an exact date as to when Drake is back, Janet, please try to get us a date.

February 12, 2013 at 4:03 pm
(11) Linsey says:

Welcome back to a fantastic actor who was so missed, I love Drake!

February 12, 2013 at 4:06 pm
(12) Steven says:

You just made so many people happy with this news, Janet. Drake is a wonderful actor and he needs to be on at least three times a week. Time for certain airtime hogs to be put on the bench.

February 12, 2013 at 7:33 pm
(13) bojo says:

I love scenes between Stefi and John…I hope they bring them back and put them to work so we can see lots of them!!

February 12, 2013 at 8:43 pm
(14) kay says:

Glad John (Drake) Will be back on soon. Stefano (Joseph) too. But Brian (Brant) needs to get DUMPED by Sonny this time because Will and Sonny need to be together IMO. Do not like his interfering with our boys.

February 12, 2013 at 11:24 pm
(15) fanny says:

DAYS really missed the boat and a golden opportunity.
They could have brought John back just in time to surprise Marlena on Valentine’s day but NOOOOO such luck!
Instead, we are being treated to the Rafe & Kate sex fiesta…
How romantic is that? Yikes!

February 13, 2013 at 2:25 am
(16) Jeff says:

My question is when is Days going to quit dumping on Drake? Is there a rule on this show that only Days most talented actors get the shaft? I’m glad he is back in Salem but don’t trust Tomlin to give Drake any material that shows off his acting ability.

February 13, 2013 at 2:27 am
(17) Cynthia says:

FREAKEN FINALLY! He better NOT be just back for one day either. Good God DAYS, USE his talent as an actor don’t abuse it.

February 13, 2013 at 1:27 pm
(18) KRISTI says:

i can not wait for both of them to come back

February 13, 2013 at 2:03 pm
(19) Penny Humphrey says:

I have been watching Days for over 40 years… I have never seen such stupid story lines….. All of the leading men acting like they are clueless about everything…. It started with Brady then Daniel and John… and returning characters Chloe, Kristen, and Nick (he is the most disgusting). Should have stayed in jail.. the other two should have stayed wherever they were…..I have deleted off my DVR for three weeks now… they only story worth watching is Sami and EJ.. and the Kate and Rafe oh God…… Bring back Bo, John, and Stefano and story lines worth watching………

February 13, 2013 at 3:19 pm
(20) Barb Marsh says:

I dont like that Sami is back with EJ. Raffe and her made an excellent couple together even if they fought. Please dont let this thing with her and EJ continue. When everyones life is a mess it would be nice if we could watch it with someone happy. Thanks

February 13, 2013 at 4:45 pm
(21) Dmitri says:

FINALLY! Missed John and now hopefully he’s back to his old self! Also want Stefano to come back and break up boring EJami. Maybe EJ will go back to his villain roots instead of being this washed-up, boring lapdog for Sami! Sami needs to be with either Rafe or Lucas, not her rapist!

March 15, 2013 at 11:05 pm
(22) Fran says:

The one character that I really can’t stand is Sami!!! When did she get to be such a pillar of the community? Does everyone have amnesia? I have watched Days since it debuted in November, 1965, and I remember when Sami(Ali Sweeney) started wreaking havoc in Salem. She can do whatever she wants,including attempted murder, and she gets away with it–she’s such a victim(of her own doing). Also, she can’t stay with any guy for very long–she loves Lucas then ,EJ then Rafe. All three of them deserve much better! Ali recently marked 20 years on the soap –maybe it,s time for her to leave Salem. She still has The Biggest Loser and commercials so that would keep her from the unemployment line. Bye Bye Sami!

March 16, 2013 at 10:16 am
(23) tammy weaver says:

Please get jen and dans realitionship. Moving chloey ,its really draggin down the show,its as up to days standards,u got little kid a mom,its slugish,
They. Just. Whinny,boring ,its like ur wtching another show so off from format

March 19, 2013 at 7:11 pm
(24) Valorie L says:

I am so sick of the Jen vs Chloe scenario….Jennifer is soo freaking boring and whiney, I seriously cannot take one more minute of her and Daniel fighting or talking about their feelings. YUCK….sick of it. Please please please STOP THIS STORYLINE…..it’s old and worn out. Not that Chloe is a prize, she’s plain delusional, but at least she has a little personality. Jennifer is like a cold dog bugger on a shag rug that you step on in the middle of the night and try to wipe off but it just rolls around and keeps sticking to your foot.

April 3, 2013 at 7:44 pm
(25) elisha says:

I think that the character Jennifer is a disgrace to. Women. She is the weakest woman I have ever seen. She doesn’t need any man because she has no courage.

April 3, 2013 at 11:23 pm
(26) Debi says:

Please I can’t wait for Chloe to be gone this is the dumbest thing I ever saw on days and I been watching the show since Susan shot someone and Julie was shoplifting, The show used to be about family values I hate the part Kristin came back and am sick of Sami and EJ. Geez can’t Sami ever just pick a guy? its ridiculous but most of All can’t wait for chloe to be gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 4, 2013 at 12:35 pm
(27) Tammy says:

Chloe Lane is a scheming bitch, leave Jennifer and Daniel alone already!!! I can’t wait for her to be gone .