1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives' Rafe/Kate Hookup: Love It or Hate It?

By February 13, 2013

galen geringRafe was drowning his sorrows to forget Sami. Kate was drowning her sorrows to forget Stefano.

The next thing viewers knew, the twosome where in bed having sex.

What are your thoughts on this stunning Days of Our Lives hookup? Weigh in with the following poll.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Paul Drinkwater

Comments

February 13, 2013 at 9:51 am
(1) Voice of Reason says:

EJ, Daniel, Roman, Victor, Stefano, John, Nicholas Alamain, Ian MacAllister, Bill Horton and now Rafe…she certainly gets around!

February 13, 2013 at 11:44 am
(2) Lali says:

And people call Sami a slut!

February 13, 2013 at 12:54 pm
(3) Janelle says:

Where’s the option for “I don’t really care as long as he stays away from Hope!”?

February 13, 2013 at 1:21 pm
(4) Mary says:

I am VERY close to ending my 30+ years of watching DOOL! This is just an awful pairing. And not just this story line….the Will/Nick thing is really in bad taste. Please writers…you really need to start writing!

February 13, 2013 at 1:52 pm
(5) Brenda says:

Kate is old enough to be his mother!! Please put rafe with a young thing, and not another slut like sami

February 13, 2013 at 3:25 pm
(6) fanny says:

OMG! I don’t know if I should laugh or cry at this…This is such a gratuitous scene for shock effect! Unbelievable! It is Valentine’s week and this is what we are getting??? Where is the romance that DAYS used to be famous for? All gone…
John & Marlena apart, Kristen plotting for revenge using Brady, Chloe plotting to get Daniel back, Nick plotting against Will, Hope without Bo, Kayla without Steve. What has this show come to? Very sad indeed!
DAYS is banking on the success of Sami & EJ getting back together and as much as I do enjoy this pairing, they are NOT the only characters on this show. WAKE UP WRITERS!

February 13, 2013 at 3:52 pm
(7) dazwatcher says:

Hate to see anyone lose a job, but if your performance is horrible, then you deserve it…Please replace the writers who are coming up with these storylines. The storylines are like shoving a mouthful of peanut butter down your throat with a stick.

I am tired of the goofy silly mom act that Chloe puts on and then dumb daddy Daniel. What is all the camera time for this new kid Parker…oddest little 2 year old….do they drug him before filming?

I hope that they do something to bring Bo back for Hope because I don’t want to see her with Rafe or anyone else for that matter. You know it won’t be long that we will all be hearing Sami say “I thought you really changed this time” to EJ and then they will pair her Rafe or Lucas and start the same cycle over and over.

I read elsewhere that there will be a major custody battle over Gabi’s baby….wow that’s original. I suppose Sami, the mother of the year, who is always pawning the kids off on someone else, will be all over this one.

I stopped watching Days before, I am now FF through most of the show, I guess soon, I may be done again. Watching this is sometimes worse than seeing a Honey Boo Boo preview!

February 13, 2013 at 4:19 pm
(8) HT says:

Ugh. Seeing Kate and Rafe in bed made me want to barf. I’d rather see Rafe with Nicole than freakin’ Kate! I just feel like none of the characters are going anywhere.

February 13, 2013 at 4:36 pm
(9) EricoleFan28 says:

As a huge Kate and Roman fan I have to admit I really like the Kate and Rafe scenes but Kate belongs with the love of her life Roman Brady.

I always thought Rafe and Cassie Brady would make a great pair but now that Rafe has had sex with her mother I don’t know about that anymore.

February 13, 2013 at 4:42 pm
(10) Dmitri says:

The hookup was better than I thought, but still not good. She’s too old for him! It bothers me that we NEARLY got Rafe and Nicole hooking up, since she nearly went with him to the bar. Instead we got this crap! Rafe and Nicole could be a cute and steamy couple. But for Valentines Week, and Sweeps, we’re getting nasty couples like EJami and boring Dannifer! I’m not watching the soap anymore, just reading recaps, but the show needs new writers if it wants better ratings!

February 13, 2013 at 6:40 pm
(11) ReuniteKaman says:

I wish it would’ve been Kate and Roman instead, but Kaman is endgame and they will get back together. Kate and Roman are the loves of each others lives.

February 14, 2013 at 1:38 am
(12) julia says:

Days is GREAT right now, pretty fun and surprisingly Rafe and Kate hook up was quite fun, for once Rafe was fun and he never is usually. He played the douchy drunk in a perfect way instead of the lame so called ‘hero’..what a change ! And Kate while being her whorish self, add some spark and dare i say class to Rafe’s caveman but somewhat funny side. I say : GO for this surprising pairing !

February 14, 2013 at 1:40 am
(13) julia says:

And Dmitri this soap has BETTER ratings now than before so stop it please..eyeroll.

February 14, 2013 at 1:42 am
(14) clara says:

First Sami is not a ‘slut’ she is one of the longest character on this soap with just few love interests during her run..characters like Nicole or Kate are another story..secondly this Rafe and Kate sexing was fun !

February 14, 2013 at 1:47 am
(15) LKRocks53 says:

Over on Twitter there are countless fans who now crave more and more of Kate and Rafe,while I noticed very few showing their disapproval. It tells me that Days would be wise to keep Rate entwined together,while doing the same with Ejami.

February 14, 2013 at 7:08 am
(16) dazwatcher says:

@LKRocks53, for all the Twitter fans, hence the word “twit”.
The characters of Kate and Rafe have absolutely nothing in common to base a relationship on other than “sex”. Wow, what a challenging storyline.

February 14, 2013 at 2:31 pm
(17) katie says:

Maybe they will play it off like Rafe was dreaming and he will really wake up alone

February 14, 2013 at 6:01 pm
(18) Bandianni says:

dayzwatcher….THANK YOU!! I could not have said it better myself…about the Chloe, Daniel, Parker scenes…Chloe should stay with the singing career and Daniel should be with Jennifer….I don’t know what to say about Parker…You are right..he acts drugged, but looks 5….certainly not type-casting.

February 14, 2013 at 6:52 pm
(19) mark says:

I watched ! and I suprisingly liked it. 1. They are not related to each other and 2. If Days would put them together maybe Rafe would leave Sami alone and hope Kate would leave everyone else alone and stop meddleing in everyones business. I also think if they are not bringing Bo back maybe Hope should move on with the other brother Roman and FINALLY give him something to do. I miss Roman he has been one of my favorites ever since they brought back Josh Taylor to play him.

February 14, 2013 at 8:12 pm
(20) Dmitri says:

Julie, Days’ ratings only improved during the wedding. They’ve fallen since then, and will continue to, since many viewers are now boycotting Days due to the horrible storylines.

February 15, 2013 at 12:26 pm
(21) mary says:

Seriously…the best writing I’ve seen was when the writers strike was happening and they had temporary writers. Bring them back please!

February 16, 2013 at 2:07 am
(22) JPRocks53 says:

You better hurry up and join Twitter because over there Kate and Rafe are the hottest thing going on Days with the lady fans acting wild over their hot,sexy scenes.

February 17, 2013 at 10:26 am
(23) Christine says:

YUCK. So GROSS! Kristin with Brady, Rafe with Kate: old ladies with these younger men. Do the writers have secret fantasies, please don’t live them through the show!!! I am so over this show. No creativity anymore. And as for the twitter ladies going wild, please, weird.

February 18, 2013 at 6:03 pm
(24) Kathy says:

Rafe deserves better that a great-grandmother, he deserves a young woman who loves him for who he is, but if they did this Rafe and his lady would out shine Ej and Sami and we canít have that, they must be in the line-light at all times. (Sarcasm) So glad I stopped watching!

February 19, 2013 at 11:44 pm
(25) beth says:

Why are there so many cougars on this show. Please stop putting these old hags with young hunks. enough already! Hire a 60 year old actor to be her lover. I am not watching this show anymore. And I hate that other old crone being with brady. this show should be canceled.

March 6, 2013 at 7:38 pm
(26) Jean says:

What about rafe and Jennifer?

May 3, 2013 at 2:17 pm
(27) Brenda says:

Rafe & Kate are over PLEASE let it stay that way! Never worked! And will the writers please get over their unending “Gay Pride” statement! It is old, so constant and predictable! They have their OWN network for people who want to see that on EVERY show! Ramming things down peoples throat is not how to win them over! They are in danger of losing their core audience- older women! We get it “your hip” and cool and so Hollywood! I am afraid that one of the oldest soaps is on it’s way out just like so many before it…. So very sad the awful turn the show has taken – it is SO predictable and BORING!!!

December 4, 2013 at 1:17 am
(28) Annie says:

DOOL needs to remember its roots. I like BOTH of these characters BUT Kate should be with Roman (who is MIA these days) and Rafe should be with Carrie (who is with that über-wimp Austin). Get Kate back with Roman and send Sammy to an asylum-which would be perfect! Gets her darn storyline reduced-Sami has too much air time. She is a ridiculous .character. Send her back to college to get an actual degree.

March 19, 2014 at 6:37 am
(29) Webcam Sluts says:

What’s up mates, pleasant post and nice arguments commented at this place, I
am in fact enjoying by these.