1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days' Eileen Davidson Returning to Y&R

By February 19, 2013

eileen davidsonEileen Davidson, who plays vixen Kristen DiMera on Days of Our Lives, is returning to The Young and the Restless as Ashley Abbott; albeit only temporarily.

Angelica McDaniel, Senior Vice President of CBS Daytime, confirmed the news via Twitter. "BIG Welcome Back2 @eileen_davidson! #YR40 @YR_CBS @CBSDaytime pic.twitter.com/bWHOVscZ," posted McDaniel, including a link to a photo of Davidson on the Y&R sound stage.

Word is that Days lent Davidson to Y&R for a few episodes. Look for Ashley, who was sent to New York, when Davidson defected to Days, to arrive in Genoa City and visit her brother, Jack.

Davidson, however, is still under contract to Days and will continue to wreak havoc for John, Marlena and poor, unsuspecting Brady.

TVGuide spoke to Davidson about all of the above . You can access the story, here.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/Frazer Harrison

Comments

February 19, 2013 at 6:41 pm
(1) Pat says:

Let her go back and stay there!

February 19, 2013 at 7:14 pm
(2) fanny says:

ABSOLUTELY NOT! As much as Iiked her as Ashley on Y&R, I LOVE her as Kristen on DAYS. She adds much needed spice to the show.
Also, it gives John & Marlena and Brady and plenty of others some storyline…I find her very entertaining. Eileen Davidson is a gem!

February 19, 2013 at 7:44 pm
(3) Denise "GrannyD says:

I will be glad when she gets the hell a steppin

February 19, 2013 at 8:06 pm
(4) Emma says:

I agree with fanny,she adds a lot to Days! I love to hate her!!

February 19, 2013 at 9:00 pm
(5) dazwatcher says:

I wish that she would go and stay gone. The whole storyline is boring and predictable. Her character is old and yet they try having her act like she is in her twenties….so silly. Other than Brady, who could they ever put her with? I hope they have it that Brady finally learns he was being used and flips the table on her that makes her go off the deep end and sent away to the psych ward forever. Thank goodness that I record so I can FF through her!

February 19, 2013 at 10:49 pm
(6) fanny says:

Predictable yes, but so are most of the storylines on any soap.
Will having sex with Gabi months ago, we all knew what was going to happen next, didn’t we? Chloe announcing Parker was Dan’s son, again we saw what was coming next, didn’t we? And Eric coming back as a priest, didn’t we see “The Thornbirds Part II” coming up?
Come on…The question is not if it is predictable but if it gets our interest. And Kristen definitely gets my attention. She is STILL a beautiful, vibrant woman with lots of background to cover in the last fifteen years she was gone. So I would not dismiss her so easily.
For me, the only scenes I FF are Gabi & Nick, but I respect that they are a vital part of one of the “predictable” storylines.

February 20, 2013 at 12:07 am
(7) sue says:

Too bad she can’t stay on the Y&R..She is such a bitch..I dislike Kate but Kristin takes the cake..Take Kristin and Abbey and Nick and get rid of tghem all…Oh..Chloe too..Bring back Days the way it was..These people are only out to wreck lives and ruin people through the writers pen..Something has to go!!

February 20, 2013 at 12:18 am
(8) dazwatcher says:

@fanny…I didn’t realize “predictable” would strike a nerve. Predictable goes beyond any soap to prime time tv and beyond. At some point the writers need to expand beyond elementary thinking and actually give the viewers something that has a twist. The actor may be as you quoted, however, her character on the soap for me personally is boring.

As for the other storylines, yes they too are predictable. However, I doubt that most viewers want predictable over suspense, shock or wow, didn’t see that one coming. I would like for the writers to challenge themselves.

February 20, 2013 at 1:50 am
(9) fanny says:

Dear dazwatcher,
You didn’t strike a nerve…but you made me laugh thinking that the writers on soaps could be somewhat imaginative. No such luck! It has been the same old stories over and over again over the years. But the fact remains, for me anyways, that I do enjoy Eileen Davidson as Kristen and I do enjoy her performance and nothing is going to change that. I hope she remains on the show because she brings plenty of entertainment to DAYS, if nothing else…”Predictable” or not!

February 20, 2013 at 12:13 pm
(10) Used to be says:

I think Kristen should hookup with Marlena…..Now THAT is not predictable.

February 20, 2013 at 12:42 pm
(11) Kevin says:

the ‘predictable’ thing is more the writers fault than the character or the actrice

reading the title of this article almost gave me a heart attack, thinking eileen was returning to y&r and quitting days
so happy that’s not the case

if you take a good look at the show you would see how much eileen adds
the fact that most people love to hate kristen is proof of that

me on the other hand I absolutely LOVE kristen , and I hope she keeps sticking it to john and marlena

February 20, 2013 at 10:38 pm
(12) mark says:

I agree with Pat ! Let her stay on Y & R ! If she is not going to be E J’s mom Susan anytime soon. I would so love to see Kristin gone for good. She can also be Sister Mary Moria again and work with Eric at the church and also work with Nicole. That would be awesome, but I am geting tired of seeing trampy Kristen.

February 21, 2013 at 4:41 pm
(13) dazwatcher says:

You just proved a point that unless she is in disguise then she isn’t really worth watching.

February 25, 2013 at 5:15 pm
(14) Layla says:

I agree with Kevin. My heart skipped a beat when I read the title and thought Eileen was leaving Days. I love her and missed her while she was gone. No matter how many wonderful actors go over to Y&R I have never been able to get into that soap. There are so many stories she has yet to tell on Days
. Who knows what Kristin has been up to all these years?

And as far as the “Thornbirds” story line goes, I’m all for it. Many of the younger viewers never saw the movie and it would be “new” to them.

February 25, 2013 at 5:37 pm
(15) Susan says:

Kate is a “bitch” with class on Days. She dresses appropriately and with some real style. Kristen is a mess and will be so glad to end that story line. Now then, we have Sami and what’s with her little clothes? Can’t she wear something that fits. Talk about trying to look like a teen. She is ridiculous in her little shrug that looks like it spent too much time in the dryer. I think that the actors dress as they see fit and Sami is way, way off. What man like EJ would want to be scene with her anyway? Did anyone see George Clooney’s companion at the Oscars? Wow, now that is what being on his arm should look like!!

February 25, 2013 at 5:52 pm
(16) sheila freund says:

let her go to never return! Kristen is worse than Nicole!

February 25, 2013 at 5:59 pm
(17) Anita Hicks says:

I am glad she is leaving i never cared for Kristen before. Also i do not care for the Will,Sonny .

February 25, 2013 at 6:53 pm
(18) JoAnn says:

I love Kristen on Days!! I hope she does not leave Days!!

February 25, 2013 at 9:37 pm
(19) dianajo says:

I like her, but want Brady to wise up. Bring a new person on the show for her to manipulate.

February 25, 2013 at 11:22 pm
(20) cat says:

I had high hopes that Kristen was going to go!!! I would not have minded her if she was not paired with Brady. I have to fast forward through them being together. Brady’s women make him look like a pathetic weak man.

February 26, 2013 at 8:16 am
(21) Linda says:

She’s a good actress..I hate her character….But I will not miss her once she’s gone…

February 26, 2013 at 9:15 am
(22) Adrienne says:

Loving Kristen Salem just wasnt the same.
She is a great actress and really adds some spice to
Salem. Hope she never goes.

February 26, 2013 at 9:42 am
(23) Debra says:

I have been watching Days for years and years, and I am ok with Kristen returning. It’s good every now and then when some new blood comes on the scene. A good friend of mine has been watching Y&R for years and she was surprised when I told her what Kristen’s character is like on Days. She said on Y&R she is not evil and vindictive at all. Maybe that’s why Kristen is enjoying playing a “bad girl”.

February 26, 2013 at 10:15 am
(24) Karin says:

Please let her go… There is no chemistry beetween her and Brady, still miss the Madison storyline. Kristen is so unattractive inside and out.

February 26, 2013 at 4:47 pm
(25) Joanne says:

Oh come on Eileen Davidson (Kristen) is a great actress and plays her part very well!!! Days needs her, she spices up this soap, which is what it is lacking!! Please keep her on, I for one viewer like her. I too fast forward the scenes with Gabby and Nick very boring alot of Days I do fast forward as some of the scenes are revolting , don’t sell her short they could do worse, the writers do leave alot to be desired.

February 26, 2013 at 6:22 pm
(26) Flo says:

Brandy is a very smart man, but he is letting the little head take the lead. Come on Brady wise up Kristen is using you….Man up!!! I sure hope John and Marlana get back together!!

February 26, 2013 at 6:53 pm
(27) Ron says:

Let her go back and stay there!!!1 Thats the best thing that can happen on Days

February 26, 2013 at 8:47 pm
(28) ann says:

I know Kristen is mean but she sure makes Brady look stupid.

February 27, 2013 at 11:21 am
(29) Annette says:

I SO agree with dazwatcher…she has been trying to act like a teenager since she came back. If that’s the best they can write for her, she needs to stay with Y & R. She doesn’t even do “cougar” well. Don’t know if it’s the writting or just the actress (and I’m leaning toward actress).

March 1, 2013 at 9:58 pm
(30) brenda says:

I wish she would stay at Y&R, She is so fake. a very bad actress. she is beautiful but thats all she has going for her. A devious bitch.

March 3, 2013 at 8:35 pm
(31) regina says:

U brought nick back now do right by him and stop this crappy writing and make everything right like its all been a bad dream of gabbis nick is a good guy now write that….

March 4, 2013 at 2:05 pm
(32) kathy says:

how much do we have to pay Y&R to keep her. Worst actress ever!!!!

June 19, 2013 at 3:01 pm
(33) Days Fan says:

Kristen is great she is doing what he does best causing trouble,Her feud with Sami is going to heat up when Sami finds out what Kristen is going to do to Eric. She might be the next person Sami shoots.

June 19, 2013 at 3:03 pm
(34) Days Fan says:

LOL Nick has never been a good guy, he was doing shady stuff for Kate and Chelsea before he killed Willow then Trent Robbins.