1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

What's Next for Days of Our Lives' EJ and Sami?

By March 1, 2013

alison sweeney james scottAfter seven years of fighting, having sex, trying to annihilate each other, and making babies, Days of Our Lives' EJ and Sami are finally together. So what's next for the twosome?

James Scott and Alison Sweeney discuss the couples' tumultuous past and present in the new issue of Soap Opera Digest, as well as their hopes and concerns for the duo's future.

"I would love to see these characters have a Bonnie and Clyde-type relationship," says Scott. "I think they should both stop trying to change and just recognize who they are... explore those parts of their characters without the judgment that has come from previous relationships."

Meanwhile, Sweeney admits that she initially worried that a happy EJ and Sami might mean "a watered down version of them." However, she notes that it's been "a wonderful surprise and spectacular to see that the writers are really honoring who Sami and EJ are and who they would be in this particular relationship."

To read Scott and Sweeney's full interview, pick up the new issue of Soap Opera Digest on sale now.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Ben Cohen

Comments

March 1, 2013 at 9:49 am
(1) BLONDIE says:

I love EJAMI they are the oil and vinegar relationship this show needs now. I also like the fact that they have a working relationship so we don’t have to see them in all the bedroom scenes, besides they already have a 7 yr old son and another younger child they don’t need anymore kids. They can both be there own character and not have to pretend to be something they’re not. Go Sami kick some Nick ass and EJ be the ruthless attorney for will that he needs right now or get your lawyer friend to do it. Sonny and Will need to talk to Justin and tell him what Nick is trying to do. Come on EJ now is the time for you and Chad to be Dimeras I know you can be.

March 1, 2013 at 2:25 pm
(2) Maggie says:

I love EJ and Sami and I’m so glad that after all this time, Days has put them together. Ali Sweeney and James Scott turn in fabulous performances together.!

March 1, 2013 at 2:36 pm
(3) Terri says:

Days of our lives story line is getting boring between nicole and eric. It was great at first. Days had the perfect setting when nicole was in the confessional and it was eric listening on the other side, but ofcourse they blew it and now its just boring and dragging on.

March 1, 2013 at 2:57 pm
(4) Leigh says:

I hope they get married and move their whole family in together in their own house (or maybe the Dimera mansion). Time for EJami to scheme together as a couple against all their enemies (Nick, I’m talking about you!).

Would love to see them have one more child together, this time with EJ included in the whole pregnancy and no one hiding or trying to steal the baby from him!!

March 1, 2013 at 4:28 pm
(5) Avelina says:

The writers are doing a great job with their s/l. It isn’t watered down and they aren’t sugary sweet. Love watching this couple and very impressed (material) with what I’m seeing onscreen.Thank you Days!

March 1, 2013 at 7:09 pm
(6) patsy says:

Loveing days now but wished they woukd put Nicole and Rafe together they would give EJandSami a run for their money on who would be the supper couple they are all great actors and all very good looking just might get some people excited in watching again

March 1, 2013 at 8:10 pm
(7) Princess Adora says:

I agree with James, EJ and Sami should have a Bonnie and Clyde relationship. Let them be bad, just don’t double cross each other.

March 1, 2013 at 8:27 pm
(8) Dmitri says:

I don’t like them together, and I think Sami will wind up with Rafe again soon, but I can tolerate them since they’re helping Will bring down Nick. I do agree that Nicole & Rafe, if paired together, would outshine EJami.

March 2, 2013 at 2:35 am
(9) Red says:

I FLOVE ejami/Jamison. Their chemistry with each other is out of this world! I’m soooo happy that DOOL has finally brought this couple together and giving them a vey fair chance! Camt get enough of this couple!

March 2, 2013 at 9:46 am
(10) Karen Ly says:

Love AS/JS intake on Ejami. They are so awesome.
Yes James lol I would love for them to be like Bonnie/Clyde too :)

March 2, 2013 at 9:47 am
(11) Annie says:

I love EJami!! I’m so glad Days is finally giving them a chance. They are the next supercouple!

March 2, 2013 at 9:55 am
(12) Karen Ly says:

Love it!!!! Always a pleasure hearing AS/JS intake on Ejami!
They are so awesome,when they are on screen they have this magic chemistry that shine both characters. I have waited for them to be a couple for almost 7 yrs , so the payoff is so wonderful now. Yes James, I would loveEj/Sami to be like Bonnie/Clyde lol

March 2, 2013 at 2:45 pm
(13) Monica says:

I absolutely love these two! I’m thrilled they are finally giving them a chance at a real relationship! I’m hoping for a real romance for them and it’s awesome that the actors feel the story will honor the characters’ traits! I cannot wait to see it!

March 2, 2013 at 10:56 pm
(14) Leah says:

Ejami fan through and through. Cannot get enough of this modern day supercouple together. Looking forward to seeing what the writers have install for them. Ejami against the world…. watch out world – LOL.

March 2, 2013 at 11:17 pm
(15) Leah says:

Ejami works because the actors playing them get it! They understand and get their characters, their faults, they get their connection, their attraction, their love, they get them as a couple, they get them as a family.
James and Alison also have that connection when working together as actors. Hence Alisons comment “I work differently with him than I do any other.” They obviously can bring that out in each other. Its a natural chemistry/spark. No wonder they shine when together on our screens.
So bring it on…. more, more, more please!
And more Ejami family time too. Playing cards, soccer, swimming, going to the park ,picnic etc etc.I wanna see the famiy portrait EJ had organised for Sami and the kids hanging up in the house (remember Sami asked EJ to be in it as well. So all the kids and Ejami are in it). I wanna see the hand drawn picture Johnny drew of his dad EJ, his mom Sami and himself up and framed also. So looking forward to seeing more of this family. Hope Ejami get their own place and DO NOT move back into the Dimera mansion. Thus keeping their independance!

March 3, 2013 at 2:16 am
(16) Jasmine says:

This is the Power Super Couple that has been so long waited for for viewers!! POWER SUPER COUPLE EJ & SAMI!!! This is just so amazing! Super couple EJAMI are just so perfect & right for each other and have always belonged together! They’re just as EJ said about them some years ago “They’re kindred spirits!” and “They’re the perfect pair!” This is so great!! Thank you so much DAYS for finally giving us viewers the new generation’s POWER & SUPER COUPLE!!! POWER & SUPER COUPLE EJAMI!!!

March 3, 2013 at 8:25 am
(17) lulu says:

I love LUMI/Lucas and Sami.they’re the perfect pair.

EJ and Sami,the lock,stock and barrel,is more like a laughing stock.
and NO the ratings have not gone up,they still at 1.5 LOL

March 3, 2013 at 10:03 am
(18) sandracroft says:

I donīt know if the ratings ever been as bad as 1.5, as far as I know they been between 1.6-2.1 when I checked for the last couple of years, and the ratings went up last week from 1.9 to 2.0, not sure if itīs because of Ejami though it could be because of the Wabi baby storyline but the ratings are either way up, so I donīt think Ejami is going anywhere in the nearest future. Go Ejami!

March 3, 2013 at 12:40 pm
(19) ann says:

EJ and has been on Days starting may 2006,he has never had high rattings and he never will.
the baby sl is doing really well due to Nick.
the rattings even at 2.0 is not good.
no I dont think JS/EJ is going any where,its the only job he can fine LOL

March 3, 2013 at 2:50 pm
(20) sandracroft says:

You can hate the character of EJ if you want but JS is a good actor, one of the better they have on days, and he is much more likely to make it in the movies than BD or Galen.

March 4, 2013 at 1:25 am
(21) Leah says:

Knockers are knockers…. Days could move to the number 1 soap spot and people would still come up with excuses. Lets face it people all have their own favourite character and couples and it doesn’t matter what is said they will stick to their own opinions so we are just better leaving it at that.
In saying that Days is definitely not going backwards. A popular weekly soap poll site where actors, characters and couples from all major soaps are compared and voted for look how Days went last week….
Soap of the Week: Days of Our Lives
Favourite Male Actor: James Scott (been in top 5 for last 7 weeks)
Favourite Female Actor: Alison Sweeney (been in top 5 for last 7 weeks)
Favourite Couple: Ejami (been in top 5 for last 7 weeks)
Days also topped a 15 month high in the ratings for woman watching in the age group 18 – 49 years old. Last time Days was that high? Week of Ejami grief sex.
Days are doing well…. Eric and Nicole came in as 4th favourite couple for the week. Will and Sonny were also in top 10 favourtie couple. AND… Greg Vaughan came in 3rd favourite male actor for the week and Arianne Zucker came in 5th favourite actress.
So all in all I’d say Days is holding its own against the other soaps. IF the writers can give these actors good storylines from here it should be all uphill. So come on Days, bring it on!

March 4, 2013 at 11:31 am
(22) annie says:

Days is my fav soap,but because of the charecters
Will Sonny Lucas Hope Nicole,thats why I am still watching.
we have 4 soaps still here,and Days is the only one I watch :)

March 4, 2013 at 11:45 am
(23) lulu says:

#20 If JS is so great,why isn’t he in the movies then,I would love for him to be the next 007 man,
I dont think GG has done any movies yet,but he is a good actor.
BD has been is movies and been in a few TV shows,he also did the
single entitled click,gahg,mafioso,which can be heard in the 2005 feature flim, dirty deeds,
he was also in the movie with his sister
The legend of grizzly adams,1990.

March 4, 2013 at 4:41 pm
(24) Lorraine says:

This is NOT a twosome, this is a TIRESOME! Sami is a brat, a real EJ would never be interested in this immature girl/woman.

March 4, 2013 at 4:44 pm
(25) Susan says:

Not 007, Christian Gray!!!!!!!!!

March 4, 2013 at 4:50 pm
(26) Diane says:

I hope they keep EJ and Sami together. It was boring to watch her with Rafe.

March 4, 2013 at 5:48 pm
(27) Dmitri says:

I agree with Lorraine. It’s boring to see EJami on the screen all the time, and anytime. Fans keep saying that they are this dream scheme team. Maybe they’re gonna start plotting against Nick, but for me EJ has just become this boring lipstick-lover in the Avon-excuse me, Countess W-office, and is a “changed” family man. No longer the villain I used to love to hate! Sami has become an unrootable, trampy hag.

March 4, 2013 at 6:14 pm
(28) raymone says:

Sami and EJ are like Luke and Laura and Bonnie and Clyde, Tarzan and Jane and Sampson and Delilah, and Castle and Beckett all rolled into one sexy fabulous mess.

March 4, 2013 at 7:16 pm
(29) d2WyaHOO says:

Sami is the best character on Days and probably on TV in general. Don’t hate because your favorite isn’t as great. :)

Nicole is a disgusting pile of crap. What kind of slutty mess would tramp herself around a priest for goodness sakes? What kind of WOMAN isn’t able to control her sexual urges? Is Nicole some sort of animal? Get a hold of yourself, you tramp. I have never in my life seen someone act so damn horny all of the time. It’s so pathetic. And her nasty little dream screwing Eric while she says “forgive me father for I will sin” was disgusting. Nicole is a dirty slut and she needs to leave Salem for good.

March 4, 2013 at 8:16 pm
(30) Peggy says:

Awesome…what a great team…devious, devoted, deadly…about time….thanks….

March 4, 2013 at 11:01 pm
(31) Linda says:

I do not like Sami and EJ together. Rafe is a hunk, maybe Sami doesn’t deserve him if she is going to act like EJ. But between the two there is no match. I think Sami is a great actress, E J actor not so much .

March 4, 2013 at 11:51 pm
(32) dazwatcher says:

I would prefer to see EJ and Nicole back together and having custody of Sydney and Johnny. Alley can go live with Lucas. Will should be spiralling out of control and becomes either a drug addict or alcoholic in trying to deal with not having his daughter. The blame will all be on Sami who will be without her children or a man!

March 5, 2013 at 1:52 am
(33) Tina says:

I prefer EJ & SAMI together!!! Just like they are together and have always belonged together and with their children! EJ & Sami’s daughter Sydney is so adorable! And EJ & Sami’s son Johnny is just so cute and such a cute little actor, talented already! And l just love how much EJ loves Allie as his own little girl, she should totally be his daughter! And love how much he considers and loves Will, as well as if he was his own son too! What beautiful family EJ & SAMI have together and their such an amazing and perfect Supercouple!! EJ & Sami were totally made for each other and meant to be together! They’re such a great couple! Love EJ & Sami!

And I love Eric & Nicole together! She’s finally right where she belongs with the love of her life Eric Brady!

This show is so great again! And finally has great, interesting, and new stories and great couples that viewers actually want to watch and see and that are fascinating and exciting! THE NEW GENERATIONS SUPERCOUPLE EJ & SAMI are finally together! So amazing and great together! GO EJAMI!!!!!

March 5, 2013 at 2:58 am
(34) sandracroft says:

#23 It wouldnīt suprise me if JS did become 007 one day, but why leave something that is safe and that he likes to do for something unsure there no quarantees that he would make it in the movies. Still I think he might just have demanded Ejami in order to be interested in staying. I have nothing against BD or Galen I do like their characters a little bit, but as far as I can tell JS is the better actor of the three.

As for EJ being a change man he has been pretty good lately but by bringing back bad Sami they can also bring back bad EJ and become Days versions of Bonnie and Clyde.

March 5, 2013 at 3:02 am
(35) Jeanie22 says:

Number 29 – you need to take your blinkers off and realise there are better actors in Days than your beloved Sami. Such strong words criticizing Nicole because, in your words, she is always horny. How about Sami having sex with EJ when she thought her son was dead. Who does that? I swear if I hear her describe her adulterous act with the words “I was grief stricken” one more time I will puke!! Nicole is gorgeous and has more style and class in her little finger than daggy, old Sami has.
PS – Ejami won’t be around for long – they’re so boring. GO EJOLE!!!

March 5, 2013 at 6:43 am
(36) sandracroft says:

Nicole does have more class than Sami even though I love Samiīs character too, so she deserves more than to be EJīs second choice aswell as JS second choice. It seems pretty clear in this interview that he wants Ejami so I donīt understand why anyone would want Ejole back after reading that I really think Ejami is here to stay. Iīm not saying this just because Iīm an Ejami fan I have liked Ejole too, and I might be able to be fine with them again if JS can convinced me that he would be happy with that aswell. I know he left a door open for Ejole in an other interview earlier this fall but he also said then itīs about time for Ejami, so even if he likes Ejole, Ejami seems to be his first choice.

March 5, 2013 at 11:46 pm
(37) sue says:

love Sami and Ej..Keep them going..they are great together..

March 9, 2013 at 11:10 pm
(38) dormae says:

James Scott is the sexiest guy on soaps. Great actor too, He has been attracted to Sami forever so let them have their day. Loosen up guys, it is a SOAP.

March 13, 2013 at 10:48 pm
(39) ann says:

I really don’t care for Rafe and Kate and Sami and Ej. It should be E.j and Kate and Rafe and Sami He has a better hold on Sami

April 17, 2013 at 7:53 am
(40) annie says:

i love the way ej shows how much he loves sami it makes my heart so
happy i hope the power to be keeps them together dding adventures
together love it love it l\ love it

April 17, 2013 at 2:00 pm
(41) amy abate says:

ITHINK THIS STORY LINE STINKS ITS TAKUNG SO LONG FOR IT TO GET TO AN END ALSO SAMMI THE SLUT OF THE TOWN MARRING E.J. SUCKS HE WILL NEVER CHANGE HE IS STILL A DIMARRIA THEY ARE EVIL PEOPLE I OBJECT TO STEFANO BEING ITALIAN AND SAYING THAT HE LOVES FAMILY WHEN DESTROYS OTHER FAMILYS WE ITALIANS DONT THINK THAT WAY, PLEASE GET RID OF NICK STUPID STORY LINE I HAVE BEIN WATCHING THIS SOAP FOR 30YRS. AND THIS STORY LINE IS THE WORST.GET THE OLD WRITERS BACK OR GET NEW ONES.

July 13, 2013 at 2:15 am
(42) http://b2bnetwork.us/the-network/my-blog/to-be-ruined-cheap-nike-nfl-jerseys/blogger/sHRYJ/ says:

What’s Next for Days of Our Lives’ EJ and Sami?

August 13, 2013 at 9:47 pm
(43) Melody says:

I love Sami and EJ together. The writers need To let Sammy out of jail. I do not want to watch days of our lives again until Sami is out of jail and she and EJ are married and spending time taking care of their children. This scene with Sami being in jail need to come to an
End. They need to show that he was a dirty cop. EJ and Sammy needs to have a life. Writers please hurry and change the plot.

September 22, 2013 at 1:08 pm
(44) Debbie says:

I can’t tell you how disgusting this is.The man is a rapist.This
character has been on the show forever and just taken over.
This is why I stopped watching awhile ago.But when I saw they
put these two together that was the end.How do you explain why
she is with the man who raped her and caused her so much pain.
Kidnapped her kids.Really It’s disgusting.This is not what
great soaps are all about.