1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By March 5, 2013

lauren bolesHere's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives.

Patrika Darbo, who aired on Monday, March 4 via a long distance phone call, actually arrives in Salem as Nancy on Thursday, March 7. She'll share scenes with Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) and Shawn Christian (Daniel).

At this time, Darbo will not be accompanied by Kevin Spirtas, who portrayed her Days husband Craig. However, the character, as well as their youngest daughter, Joy, will be mentioned.

Lauren Boles, who portrays Bo and Hope's daughter Ciara, makes an appearance this week. She'll share scenes with Greg Vaughan (Eric).

Also, don't forget Drake Hogestyn and Joseph Mascolo return to town as John and Stefano, this week. John arrives home on March 7, while Stefano is back on March 8.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

March 5, 2013 at 11:13 am
(1) SarahJane says:

I find the Cloe story unbearable. You took a lovely woman and trashed her. It is Daniel who ruined her by not helping her when she was so troubled. I know the writers scrambled this story, guess they do read these comments because this twist was suggested, Daniel really being the father. The little boy who plays Parker, well, he is not a very good actor. With all the precocious kids out there, this is the best they could find?? So, I will continue to fast forward, especially now that Nancy is back. What can they be thinking, bringing back this annoying woman??

March 5, 2013 at 11:55 am
(2) Joyce says:

Ditto, I hate this story.

March 5, 2013 at 5:06 pm
(3) Dmitri says:

Looks like Nancy will be ruined for Daniel the same way Chloe is. HATE THIS STORYLINE!

March 5, 2013 at 5:59 pm
(4) BLONDIE says:

No since in Nancy getting to comfortable Chloe did not sigh a long contract so she will be leaving in the spring and she can take all those un-emportant people with her. I am so over the Chloe and Nick story line I can barely stand to watch anymore. The only bright spot is that Will found out today that Sonny was right and they should have went and talked to Justin or the lawyer EJ retained., now is the time to be the nasty Will I know you can be.

March 5, 2013 at 6:42 pm
(5) mark says:

Todays episode sucked. The only thing good that happened was at the end. I loved the scene with Sami and E J and I couldn’t believe what i was hearing. Sami told E J she wanted Nick Fallon gone and I just loved it. lol. I don’t know who has gone more nuts Nick or Gabi. I was though kind of glad Gabi got out of the hospital and I hope I don’t have to see the hospital room on Days anymore for a whlie. Its like that is the only room in that whole hospital. lol. I hope E J goes after Nick and wipes him out per Samis request.

March 5, 2013 at 6:50 pm
(6) Cathryn M says:

I think they ought to get rid of Nick and Gabi and have Will and Sonny get custody of the child. I also hate the Daniel and Chloe story line.

March 5, 2013 at 8:11 pm
(7) Donna says:

About time John came home never should have left!

March 5, 2013 at 9:05 pm
(8) Debbie says:

I too hate the Chloe and Daniel story line. I have watched faithfully for years, now once or twice a week. Tacky story lines for the characters.

March 5, 2013 at 9:12 pm
(9) mark says:

Hey # 6 I would like to see E J and Chad maybe work together. I would so love for E J to go after Nick and Chad go after Gabi after all the things they have done. E J and Chad could run them out of town. I am also looking forward to Chloe leaving in the spring as well.

March 5, 2013 at 11:19 pm
(10) Ds says:

I actually love Chloe and the actress that plays her. If any one should go it should be Daniel and Jennifer. The most bland characters on the show. At least Chloe is adding spice to the most boring pairing.

March 6, 2013 at 1:13 am
(11) Tracey says:

Can’t wait till Chloe leaves they have ruined that character. Still love Jen and Dan together!!! Nancy should never come back.

March 6, 2013 at 2:13 pm
(12) Cheryl says:

I hate Nick! What else can I say – he is absolutely repulsive. I can’t stand Chloe either. Daniel needs to get a backbone and tell her where to go. He and Jen should be together. When is Chloe leaving? It can’t be soon enough for me. If Dan and Jen don’t end up together, I am going to stop watching the show OR they should hire a gorgeous new actor who loves Jen to make Dan jealous.

March 6, 2013 at 3:53 pm
(13) mareebee says:

Someone said on another thread that Chloe leaves mid-April. Not soon enough, I know. :-) I’m with Tracey and Cheryl – Dan and Jen belong together!! I don’t think they’re boring. In fact I think they’re actually hot together. Loved their sofa scene but it’s getting old that they keep getting interrupted. Ay yay yay!! I would looooove to see them finally get married.

March 7, 2013 at 2:18 am
(14) Tracey says:

Cheryl and mareebee I agree with you on so many levels concerning Jen and Dan. I also love the chemistry between theses two characters! He is hot and she is beautiful! I want them to stay together and I hope Dan realizes what Chloe is really up to. Maybe when Nancy comes to town on her broom she can take Chloe with her and they can ride out of Salem together.

March 7, 2013 at 6:29 am
(15) marilee says:

I also can’ take Chole. Also Daniel really needs to wake up and take Jennifer advise. As far as Will I can’t stand the character he plays. Grow some balls!!!! Him and Sonny ra bit much for daytime tv. I think they should cut back on their love scenes and kissing.I been watching Day’s since day one. I’m about to stop. nreed new writers!!!

March 7, 2013 at 4:23 pm
(16) BREE says:

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING DAYS FOR OVER 32 YEARS AND SO HAVE A LOT OF MY FRIENDS. i WILL HAVE TO SAY THAT i WILL NO LONGER BE VIEWING DAYS AS I’M SO TIRED OF THE GAY AGENDA BEENIG CRAMED DOWN MY THROAT AS WELL AS MY CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDRENS THROAT. I HOPE OTHERS ARE FEELING THE SAME.

March 7, 2013 at 8:58 pm
(17) Con says:

would love to see something heart warming. sorry and sad bo left. why do the men in this show seem to be so ignorant of what is going on around them…Daniel is supposed to be some brillant dr but cant figure out whats going on with Chole? same with Brady…I’d love to see them man up!

March 7, 2013 at 10:00 pm
(18) dawn says:

I love Daniel and Jennifer together…it’s a great love story begining. I miss seeing couples stay together on this show. Chloe and Nancy need to go…never did like either of them! Nick too. Used to like Gaby, what happened there? I love Will and Sonny! Its fresh…this story line is definitely keeping up with what’s happening in the world. I miss Melanie! I have watched for over 30 yrs and even tho it’s a little boring right now I’ll always watch!

March 7, 2013 at 10:49 pm
(19) Babe says:

I can’t say I’m fan of Days – it has been a long long time to actually sit down to watch on TV or Computer. The storylines are sooooo boring and the same over and over again. There not even one actor I would want to watch!

Goodbye Days.

March 8, 2013 at 3:05 am
(20) Shelley says:

Its really sad Chloe was kinda desperate when Parker was born but this whole storyline is just disgusting. I used to love the character of Chloe but now after the way she attacked Abigail using her dead father, how can that be justified. Nick should have the living dog snot knocked out of him and so should Gabi her whole summer stalker routine last year was sickening. Nick is sickening doesnt he realize that all those Hortons are also related to Will… and Sami is just being Sami, shes actually not wrong. Nick has been undercutting since long before Sami even knew about the baby.

March 8, 2013 at 5:26 pm
(21) Amy says:

I can’t stand jennifer or dan. He always looks like he is constipated! I always fast foward threw nick and gabis part. Nick makes me want to vomit and he is butt ugly!!!

March 8, 2013 at 6:26 pm
(22) Dayzd says:

THANK YOU DAYS for bringing Eileen Davidson back! LOVE her! Just need to get her to leave Brady alone and come up with some other scheme or plot to be in.

LOVE Daniel and Jen together. They are so cute and giggley when there is not other stuff in the way (ie, Chloe). Way too much Will/Sonny. I love Chandler Massey (the actor that plays Will). he has amazing talent! Just way TMI with the gay stuff for daytime. I’m always ffwding thru that. Fine with the concept and their relationship, just the physical is over the top. even the hetero stuff is too much. what’s up with the “odd bedfellows” on this show lately? Rafe/Kate? Kristen/Brady? and Nicole pining after Father Eric? ACK then a full 180 with Abby and her Golden Circle club?!

we SO need a good power couple back. Marlena/John need to work their magic and smooth things out in Salem and get good quality heart-warming love back on this show.

this show is having a hard time filling the void of Peter Reckell. Strong man with a backbone! big shoes to fill for Bo.

been watching for over 20 years, and not sure I can take much more. it’s hard to break a habit though. lol

March 21, 2013 at 3:23 pm
(23) sasha says:

I agree that the Will and Sonny story line is way too much for daytime viewing. Not even in the night time shows where there are gay couples do they show that much love making. This is the part that I fast forward. I also agree that Nick is sickening and too ugly for Gabi. He has to be brought down and probably will by Vargas. I hope that his story line is better than the rest of the characters. The old writers were much better than this new group.

March 21, 2013 at 4:38 pm
(24) Nancy says:

I agree the gay scenes with the kissing etc. are not for daytime tv. It makes me sick & i change the channel when they show it. I love Jen & Daniel together. The old writers were better! Looking forward to seeing A.M.C. again.

March 22, 2013 at 1:43 pm
(25) thegrestone says:

Omg i am tired of nick and Chloe story. Dan an Chlo’s kid is boring dan needs to grow a pair good bye Nancy plz. Gabi needs to get a clue and leave Nick he needs to go will need to stop being a pushover its unbearable to watch. Abby needs to get laid by chad Cameron is to boring.

March 22, 2013 at 7:15 pm
(26) Angelina says:

Daniel and Jennifer are so dull and annoying! I’m glad that Chloe is back but her storyline blows! I REALLY hate Nick and Gabi and as for Will and Sonny, they are too adorable! As for the previous comments expressing disgust and “too much lovemaking”? Come on! They are just kissing! And too much for daytime? Like the simulated penetration I’ve seen on Days is PG? I hate ignorant, homophobes! You are truly the disgusting ones!

March 22, 2013 at 7:59 pm
(27) Rose of Spring says:

Everyone is stating what I have been thinking as well. I have been a fan of Days for 30 years and can’t believe how lame some of these story lines have become. Chloe and Nick along with Nancy have to go. Nick is a slime ball and disgusting. Gabi is an idiot and so is Daniel lately. I love Sami and EJ the best couple on the show. Kate and Rafe? seriously ? you must be kidding…Brady went from an intelligent caring man to a total fool and easily sucked in please bring Brady back. I miss Victor and Stefano colliding now and then…Kate has turned into a senile ho who is desparate. Kristen needs to go too sick of her and Brady. The men have got to be brought back to strong men or this show is going to be cancelled for loss of audience.

March 22, 2013 at 11:31 pm
(28) Robin says:

I have been watching days for for about we’ll over 40 years and I must say that these are the most boring and predictable storylines I can remember. I do like Sami and EJ I really like chad. I like sonny will is to wimpy, nick is annoying as we’ll as baby. Need to bring back Melanie for sure. What happened to all the men? There aren’t any it seems, except for Eric , true I stay watching but I do a lot of fast forwarding now still my favorite show

March 24, 2013 at 9:34 am
(29) Debbie says:

I hate NICK he is so sicking. Chole and her mom plus Anne need to leave.. The Will and Sonny thing is sickening I like when Will got a back bone and was standing up to his mother. Then they made him a gay guy why. That story lne with him and Sonny are way over the top for daytime tv. Our gandmothers are probably turning over in there graves seeing this on TV. Plus Rafe and Kate that is a story that they just must of made up in a hurry.
I been a fan for 50 years and it is getting hard to watch this story any more. Please get this story back to better times.

March 26, 2013 at 8:51 pm
(30) Barbara Norris says:

Please don’t ever put Choe with Daniel she is a B….. Daniel and Jen are so great togther.

March 29, 2013 at 7:54 pm
(31) Days Viewer since birth says:

Absolutely love Nadia Bjorlin but hate what they did to her character. Really could have been hot if the sparks started to fly between her and Dan fairly quickly. Instead, we watch the most boring couple on daytime TV – Dan and Jen (yuk) – and the stupid stuff the writers have Chloe doing. Why? I record the shows now and FF through most of this stuff – they are ruining the show. Now I’ve read the Chloe is leaving – too bad, she’s a great actress and totally hot. Put her with Dan and the sparks fly – put Dan with Jen and you yawn.

I also LOVE the gay storyline and find it totally amusing that some of the longtime Days viewers are turned off by it and think it’s inappropriate. They have thought it find for married people to bed hop, lie, cheat steal, kill, etc for more than 25 years – but – geez – two men kissings. LOL

April 4, 2013 at 7:45 am
(32) midge says:

I think they should take jan off can?t stand her I have been watching days ever since it been on tv

April 5, 2013 at 6:33 pm
(33) Paula says:

I hate it too. Making Jen look like an idiot. Why does she keep answering the door ? Why wouldn’t she tell Daniel the truth and then plot against Chloe? Stupid – ready to turn it iff.

April 5, 2013 at 7:32 pm
(34) Jenna says:

Jen and Dan are meant to be together. Its getting so old watching them together, not, together… They need to end this story line. I hope Jen kicks Chloe’s ass someday! Nancy has got to go. Brady’s story line is OLD too. The writers need to move on to something new. LOVE the gay boys!

April 5, 2013 at 10:29 pm
(35) Tiarie says:

What happened to our power couples! U cant tear John and Marlena apart, u will have no solid couples! Just let Jen and dan finally be happy, its ridiculous watching them get torn apart everytime thre is progress. I hate the nick line send him back to jail, and let will have his daughter! Love E.j. and sami together. Please let Brady aee thatnoto real part kristen is a nut job! And we need Bo and Melaniie.. its just not the same! Hope has no real part! give her back her husband! Its getting boring and frustrating to watching anymore!

April 5, 2013 at 11:55 pm
(36) Elle says:

Hate Jen n dan get rid of them..n you idiots who, like them you really.forget what a ho dan was? He slept with every woman in the show what a swine! Recording all shows n ff thru everything lately! Love Chloe n Kristen at least bring simething to the table…excitement!

April 7, 2013 at 6:47 pm
(37) dolly says:

I to hate the Chloe story line, i am really getting fed up of her. As for EJ and Sammy moving in together. he is just using her to get the kids back in his fold and then he will dump her for playing him around. As for the Nick and Gaby story, she needs a good shaking up. I have nothing against gay’s, my best friend is gay but enough already..

April 8, 2013 at 3:13 am
(38) Truecolors says:

Ok so let me get this straight to BREE and the other “person” above that claim gay story line is too much. Your true colors and bigotry are showing unless you fwd EVERY LOVE scene then your sexual repression is showing. So two men in love that ate adorable together and have a great story line are too much for daytime but shootings, rapes, murders, fake stalker kid naps , lies , cheating… I can go on none of those are even comparable huh? How about how Stephanie and Chelsea murdered a kid then was so self rigorous to Melanie. Or how Gabi is POINTLESS on the show and they only have her on there for one reason. Orrrrr the Jon and marlena story sucks. And Brady with his x step mom and gross Kate n rafe. Bad writing should trump REAL LIFE COUPLE portrayals on daytime TV. I can not believe such ignorant people get all soap boxy about two men kidding. So the f what. N if you do not want your kids and grand kids to watch turn it off. The WORLD will not miss you but your bigotry will lead you to miss out on the world. So much lies in diversity. Accept it , embrace it , welcome it because resisting it only makes those you hate or discriminate against that much stronger. You will not rid the world of gay men relax and educate yourself. This is not new. Homosexuals are throughout ancient history. There is no separation. The writing on days is horrific now that is universal. All these million year old women with these young men makes me puke but I fig ah well it is a desperate ploy for ratings. I love the two men as a couple and applaud their bravey exspecially with people like BREE and gabe other woman above watching. Keep hating them it makes them stronger. By the way there is a distinct sign of sexual repression with intolerance for same sexes. Just had to say that. I am a straight girl btw but just speaking the truth.

April 8, 2013 at 3:23 am
(39) TrueColors says:

Auto correct got me a couple times but Sasha n Bree should get the drift.

I llloooooovvee Chloe but hate they make her so desperate n crazy faced. She easily could have slipped back in with Lucas or stayed with Phillip. Lucas by the way says some of the funniest one liners this year.

Hate they brought Jon n Marlena back only to break them up. :/

I agree with what someone said above n Abby being golden circle stuff. She literally was the one when Will and Gabi were together to Pressure Gabi to sleep with Will. So not sure how she ended up a virgin. N the Austin junk. So mystery. Abby is gorgeous though wish they would let her settle with someone too

So are the days of our lives I guess.

April 9, 2013 at 12:16 pm
(40) thatch says:

Dan and jenn suck ass together they should bring jack back that’s who jenn belongs with can’t stand her now with daniel..daniel should be with someone more exciting actually wanted him and Chloe to get back together but she is leaving grrr put him back with carly or someone and get bo back ..wake brady up to kristens bs already fix john and marlena sami and ej is good hook nichole and eric up let the woman be happy already geez..get rid of nick he is stupid let will and sonny get custody of his baby and what is up with cam stripper story boring and dumb rafe and kate interesting…

April 10, 2013 at 8:04 pm
(41) anna says:

hate the jen and daniel story jen went back to daniel because jack died should od kept him. I wanted to c nicole with rafe and have something there

April 20, 2013 at 1:50 pm
(42) sue says:

Also Hate Jen and Daniel so dull and boring .. Chloe and Daniel were the best .. hate the writers screwed it up… but they screw up a lot lately.. The only couples worth watching are Sami and Ej and Maggie and victor. Wish they would get some good writers again.. use to be a couldn’t wait to watch now I find the commercials more interesting…watch out days been a fan forever but its no good anymore..

April 22, 2013 at 4:41 pm
(43) Kristi says:

Why have they turned Brady into an idiotic a**hole I miss the old kind hot Brady! Please bring him back!

April 24, 2013 at 5:40 pm
(44) Donna says:

Why is John treating Marlena like she means nothing to him? They are like hand and glove. What happen to the EJ, we miss the old conniving ways. I hate the way they have Will acting. No back bone what so ever.
Where is Bow? The writing on this show really is getting bad. Why is Sami being such a good girl (really) not her. I want the old Sami back.
Where is the fire that Nicole had she is really boring right now. Kate and Rafe not a good choice, need to end.

September 26, 2013 at 1:57 am
(45) janice says:

why don,t you keep Bo and john here to work things out .I am glad that you are bringing Shaun and patty back so lets not have all the children take the whole show. I think a lot of us would love to see the love put back into the romance of the show and yet a little fun with the younger generation. Lets make this show a good one

September 26, 2013 at 2:03 am
(46) janice says:

why don,t you bring back Jack and send Dan to his ex wife. Brady needs to be with Nichole and Sami and Lucas needs to be together