1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days' Kristian Alfonso Talks Hope Moving on without Bo

By March 12, 2013

kristian alfonsoKristian Alfonso celebrates 30 years on Days of Our Lives on April 14. TV Guide caught up with the actress to discuss her fondest memories and Hope moving on without Bo.

As for her most magical moment, Alfonso cites a trip to Manhattan that happened before she landed Days. Arriving at Grand Central Station, she looked up and saw a giant billboard of that week's Time magazine cover featuring Salem supercouple Bill and Susan Seaforth Hayes (Doug and Julie).

"I was completely awestruck, and then got cast as their daughter," said Alfonso.

Now, three decades later, Alfonso's still on the soap, albeit without leading man Peter Reckell (ex-Bo), who left Days in July 2012. While she says Reckell "is missed," Alfonso looks forward to "a solo story" she's heard is coming her way.

"It would be great to see Hope trying to move on and what a struggle that would be for her," notes
Alfonso, who'd like to see her character "build a relationship with another strong guy, whether it's on the job or maybe she meets someone through being a single mom."

You can read Alfonso's full interview with TV Guide, here.

Comments

March 12, 2013 at 10:23 am
(1) Bettina braun says:

Hope needs to get a story line quick..how about with Rafe?
Who in the world is the shows hairdresser? They need to be fired!!
Jennifer and Sammy look silly most of the time ! Jennifer’s updo is just awful..she looks like a ditsy librarian. And poor Sammy with teenage pony tails on TOP of her head..to red streaks .. It’s just awful and very distracting! Make it stop!!

March 12, 2013 at 10:24 am
(2) Bettina braun says:

Hope needs to get a story line quick..how about with Rafe?
Who in the world is the shows hairdresser? They need to be fired!!

March 12, 2013 at 12:08 pm
(3) Dmitri says:

Ew to Rafe and Hope. She’s like a decade older than him. These cougar couples are nasty. But I agree about the hairdresser. Sami and Jennifer look AWFUL! And Nicole’s hair looked messy the other day too.

March 12, 2013 at 3:45 pm
(4) mark says:

I say ewwwwww ! to Hope together with Rafe as well. I was actually liking Rafe better with Kate. I was hoping that was going to go somewhere. I think they should just kill Bo off already. Gees, I would like to see Hope maybe with Bo’s brother Roman and give him something to do. Also, does Hope live anywhere anymore ? They never show her house .

Also, on the hairstyles. I think Jennifer’s this week looks wayyyyyy worse than Sami’s hair. I thought Jennifer just looked awful. I was even wondering if she was letting her blonde grow out and go gray. It looked almost gray to me anyway. whew.

March 13, 2013 at 10:08 pm
(5) Leah says:

Well Hope would certainly be a far better option for Rafe than Kate! I mean really? YUCK!
I really liked Patrick with Hope so he could be a option for her. As for Rafe why oh why are the Days powers to be are being SO SLOW at introducing us to the love of Rafes life Emily, I don’t know! To me its a no brainer. For Days to develop and reveal to us Rafe and Emilys history and past would be for sure a “winner.”
If not Emily for Rafe then he has a natural chemistry with Nicole. Fans seem to like them too so that would also be a no brainer. But then what do you do with Father Eric? Keep him in the priesthood?

March 16, 2013 at 3:41 am
(6) Ethel Loden says:

Days needs a new hair dresser, I hate the way they fix the ladies hair, makes them look like old woman from years past. Gabi’s hair for her wedding was disgusting.

March 16, 2013 at 1:16 pm
(7) M says:

I agree! The hair styles have to go along with the wardrobe. For instance, someone dress Jennifer, Sami, Nicole (sometimes), and Kayla properly! The few scenes Kayla has are fine when she’s wearing her hospital coat…I think applying the “less is more” philosophy to fashion is a good place to start with these characters. They’re all so beautiful and yet individually, they’re characters are tangled up in glitter, embroidered stockings, and tight ruffled sweaters.

March 18, 2013 at 5:48 pm
(8) varnay says:

Why isnt Bo ever coming back??
What is he doing now? anyone know?

March 18, 2013 at 5:57 pm
(9) marilyn says:

Oh do I ever agree about the HAIR…….what is happening…Nicole always had beautiful hair, and Sammy…Kate and Marlana look ancient. No one will ever replace Bo (bring him back)get Sami & Rafe…E. J. & Nicole together..dump Eric.and find Brady a decent woman..the end

March 18, 2013 at 6:03 pm
(10) Jeri` says:

Why are you saying EW to Rafe and Hope?? It is not Hope. He is involved with Kate.

March 18, 2013 at 6:04 pm
(11) Jeri` says:

Who is Emily you are talking about with Rafe? I watch every day and have never heard of her??

March 18, 2013 at 6:12 pm
(12) Layla says:

I agree about Jennifer’s hair in the up-do. What were they thinking?! Who on earth would let their gray show in this day and age? She’s on a show with millions watching. I’ll bet she didn’t get a mirror and really look at what the stylist did.

And yes…Hope needs a story-line! Quick.

March 18, 2013 at 7:11 pm
(13) Dayscupcake says:

Their hair looks great . These are called new styles . Jen could use a touch up but they look beautiful

March 18, 2013 at 8:21 pm
(14) Julie says:

John and hope and marlina goes back with roman

March 19, 2013 at 12:01 am
(15) lisa says:

women are coupled with men way too old for them all the time! Please don’t ruin the few times the tables are turned. Yay to the older ladies.

March 19, 2013 at 6:59 am
(16) Marie says:

This whole program keeps getting worse and worse – Sami darting around acting like a fool with her actions – and that hairdo -YUCK! What is the reason they give for Bo not coming back to Salem. He probably saw those terrible hairdos on Jennifer (the aging not so gracefully beauty queen) and foolish acting Sami. Kristen is great in that part! I could go on and on. This show has been going downhill for a long time now and has lost a lot of watchers.

March 19, 2013 at 9:05 am
(17) JB says:

YUP, the hair is totally distracting ! I mentioned Jennifer once before and asked what the heck are they doing to her hair ? She’s beautiful and the gray just washes her right out to blah ! And Chloe – plain jane hairdo.
Please get a new hairdresser,please !

March 19, 2013 at 10:04 am
(18) Linda says:

I’ve watched Days off and on since I was 17 years old…I’m now 65…I’ve seen a lot of comings and goings. Never miss a show now thanks to my DVR. The Bo and Hope relationship was/is my favorite and I will forever miss seeing the two of them together…but Hope has to move on if Peter/Bo is not coming back to days (wish he was)…Make it some mysterious hunk that just shows up in Salem…someone we’ve never met before. I can’t imagine Hope with any of the current cast.

March 19, 2013 at 12:45 pm
(19) Joanne says:

What’s up with the pink fake hair on Sami?? This looks terrible, DOOL get a new hairdresser, Gabi’s hair on her wedding day made her look like someone in the 30′s, not to mention Jennifer looked horrible with that hair up not to mention that ugly gold dress!!!! If you are going to pair Hope up make it someone new, no one on Days matches up with her, the Rafe and Kate hooking up is laughable unless you like to see someone sleeping with your grandmother, DOOL what are you thinking???

March 19, 2013 at 11:30 pm
(20) Linda says:

I want Bo to come back. He and Hope just go together. What ever the issues are with Bo leaving they need to work it out. He was definitely one of the better actors on Days.

March 20, 2013 at 12:03 pm
(21) sherry says:

I have been watching Days forever!!! The story line needs to pick up!!!
Couples: Hope & Bo…Agree Hope needs to find love again.
I have always wanted EJ & Sami finally get it right finally!! Think about it, EJ has been in love with her forever!! They fit well together & they have children!!! I think EJ really loves her, if only his disgusting father will break them up one!!! They have children together! And there is Dr. Dan & Jennifer ..come on!!! Please…it is really getting old back & forth with them!! Open his eyes regarding Chloe. how can someone be so clueless? Do something!!!!! Jennifer & Daniel love each other!!! Marlena & John, I am so tired of those two. How can he treat her like that!!!!!! She should just start divorce procedures! I don’t know about you, he would be gone!!!

March 20, 2013 at 5:30 pm
(22) KM says:

I, too, have been watching Days forever! If Bo isn’t coming back, Hope needs to find love, but not with any of the cast now. John needs to stop acting like a fool and forgive Marlena. She didn’t really do anything that he should be so upset about. I like EJ and Sami together. Daniel needs to get a clue about Chloe. Please bring Bo back!

March 21, 2013 at 9:49 pm
(23) Mimi says:

I loved Jen’s hair. Hate the red feather in Sammy’s. Nicole is getting better these days.

March 22, 2013 at 7:45 am
(24) Kim M says:

I too have been watching days almost since it premiered. The show realy needs a re-vamping. I have never liked John. He needs to go away. Marlena belongs with Roman. If not Marlena, can they please find someone for Roman. If they aren’t going to bring Bo back, I agree they need to find someone new for Hope. Not Rafe. He and Nicole have great chemistry. You can’t pair couples if there is no chemistry. I do love the Maggie/Victor pairing. Also, Nick needs to go. I think they need to bring Melanie back. What has happened to all the Hortons? Bring back Mike and pair him with Kayla.

March 23, 2013 at 4:34 pm
(25) Babe says:

OMG! Hope does need a storyline, but with a “new” man!

DOOL not only need a hairstylist, which they can do something new with Hope hair, but a new writer. They keep having the actors move from one person to another! How many times can Rafe, EJ, Sammy, Nicole, Brady, Kate, Jennifer, Daniel, Chole etc are like they only actors to be “hooked” up with each other and then some!

Now back to Hope – she definitely need a love interest and move on. When Bo was there – he had a women – Hope, Britta, Billie, Carly etc. So it now her time! They should bring back Jude St. Clair, but a different character. Then Peter Reckell (Bo) will return. Holla!!!

March 23, 2013 at 6:24 pm
(26) pam says:

I think everyone should just give up on Peter coming back I too would love to see him back, but he’s made his choice so let’s move on. But they should get Hope into a new relationship……….

March 25, 2013 at 4:58 pm
(27) Debra says:

As for the hairdo comments, I have worked in upscale hair salons for 20 years. I have to admit that a lot of times the actresses look ridiculous. Like today, Adrian’s hair looked like the “little Dutch boy” — hideous. I actually think that of all of them, Sammie’s hair actually looks pretty — sometimes. Talking about streaks, what about Kate as old as she is with blue streaks! What gets me is we are supposed to imagine that the actress looks like she just rolled out of bed and she has to be somewhere and five minutes later she comes out all dressed and with this elaborate hairstyle (that she is supposed to have thrown up herself by the way) and is also dressed to the nines in what sometimes looks like evening wear (low cut too) and she is going to work or to run errands?!

March 29, 2013 at 2:49 am
(28) karen says:

I am sick of Jenn and Daniel. She dumped him for Jack! Then Jack dies and she,all of a sudden, needs Daniel back….but he is with Nicole. So what does she do?….goes on a rampage to get him. She schemes, along with Maggie, to take him away from Nicole. And she did help kill Nicole’s baby (if it is really dead) with her constant rages at Nicole. I can not stand her!!!! When I see her with Daniel I literally want to throw up! And Maggie is just as bad! Seem Victor is rubbing off! And then there is hypocrite Abby who suddenly turn righteous, after trying to take another woman’s husband. Also I wouldn’t want a man as dumb as Daniel. From what I read with the spoilers, he is going to jump in bed with someone else soon…..stupid man!

April 1, 2013 at 9:01 pm
(29) MB says:

Ok..for what it is worth here goes….Jennifer (the gray grow out has to go) and Daniel are boring, I would actually like to see Daniel with Chloe..at least it would be more enjoyable to watch as she is beautiful! Kate and Rafe…I truly applaud the older/younger pairing but let them talk about it and show the benefits and the challenges associated with that type of relationship. Sami, I have always liked her and I think her hair can look very pretty at times (minus the red streak), Nick and Gabi are ok…Hope has nothing to do and needs something but please do not put her with Rafe…too obvious, I actually like Rafe and Nicole…maybe they could have a baby for real this time! Or at least move along the Nicole/Eric story…get something hot going. Marlena and John…oh please, their story line is dragging..move on and Kristen and Brady…she is just too old to be believeable and next the writers will probably make her pregnant which is way unbelieveable. I like the Abigail/Cameron story line which seems like it might be going somewhere although be it very slow. Maggie and Victor are good together but would like to see them have a more interesting story line (not health related though). Please bring in some new faces with some exciting new plots. Have to say great show and I enjoy almost every minute of it!

April 9, 2013 at 1:33 pm
(30) C says:

Miss Bo & Hope, but agree, if he’s not coming back, find a good man for her – NOT Roman. And no Roman with Marlena – he is an extremely boring character. Marlena needs to get a spine and tell John to take a hike if he’s going to continue acting like an ass. Get rid of that hag Chloe, her fat annoying mother and the witch at the hospital. Keep Daniel and Jennifer together. Will Brady ever have a brain??? Do not like Kate and Rafe. Loved Sami and Rafe but I guess EJ in in for now. Can’t stand Nick either. I hope he goes soon. I’ve been watching since Days began and sometimes I get so frustrated I swear I’ll never watch again…but keep coming back out of shear curiosity.

April 9, 2013 at 7:56 pm
(31) Http://info.porttix.com/member/2701 says:

If you desire to study the way to construct gorgeous and
exquisite cartoon animations, develop top quality 3d animations
and also produce them into cartoon animation movies, then
follow this connect to the top. In the Simpsoms, the household was believed by
Groening soon before a throw for any sequence of animated briefs while using manufacturer James L.
Adjustments inside the program and specially the composing lineup have arrive to poor
quality as of late, along with the disappointing ‘Simpsons Movie’
left several supporters wondering ‘why.

April 12, 2013 at 8:01 pm
(32) click here says:

Hi to all, it’s in fact a nice for me to go to see this web site, it contains useful Information.

December 26, 2013 at 9:23 pm
(33) Miselemeas says:

Why put Hope and Jennifer with the new guy Daniel Corcoron,
He is 43 yrs.old,and the two ladies are 48 and46 respectively.
How does that make sense? is it going to be The Days of our Lives
of the Cougar ?, from now on. Why ,also was Rafe not on at Christmas
I have not seen the shows yet, away at our house by Lake Tahoe,just
tape all at home, but am going to be mad as a wet hen, if my Rafe is not on,what a bunch of knot -heads those writers are, don’t know when they have a good thing going.Slainte

December 27, 2013 at 12:34 am
(34) SLOLisa says:

LOVE the idea of Rafe and Hope. I am a big time BO and Hope fan, but if Bo is definitely gone, than Hope should move on. She is way too young and beautiful to become a hag!! Rafe is JUST the perfect age and hotness for Hope. I would love it!! Go girl!! Dimitri….?

April 18, 2014 at 1:43 pm
(35) Vikkie says:

need new hair stylist, book Abby and Gabbi, have ears that stick straight out from their heads, don’t put them in updos, and side sweeps, or ponytails without hiding their ears. Kate is way to old for blue streaks.