1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By May 6, 2013

Here's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives.

Get ready for J.J. Deveraux's arrival. The troubled teenage son of Jennifer and the late Jack premieres on May 6 and is being played by daytime newcomer Casey Moss. Check out Moss'  Facebook page here. A former model, Moss was part of a major campaign for James  Tudor underwear, athletic wear and swimwear. You can check out some of his modeling shots, here.

Anthony Tyler Quinn is back as crooked cop Bernardi on May 7.

Comments

May 8, 2013 at 12:05 am
(1) dazwatcher says:

Oh wow…just another storyline to focus the show on Jennifer. How about looking at other characters on the show and get something else going on with them? They brought Lucas back and it seems if he isn’t bedding Sami then he must not be worth having air time, really? Eric was brought on and for what? The list can go on. Thank goodness for FF.

May 8, 2013 at 1:28 pm
(2) DOOL says:

The new actor playing Jennifer’s son is horrible. Why couldn’t they at least try to get an actor to look a bit like the family? If not, they can at least send him to acting classes.

May 8, 2013 at 6:07 pm
(3) Beverly says:

JJ should not be that old!! Why is everyone older than they should be except Theo!! Because JJ should be around 10, this story line sucks.

May 9, 2013 at 6:14 am
(4) BLONDIE says:

Beverly if JJ should only be 10 where has he been and who has been raising him all his life? You forget we are going by soap years not real years. I just think it is just another useless story line, they can’t even give Abigale a purpose except to chase after Cameron like a dog in heat. She is supposed to be a jurnalist so give her a job people. Doesn’t anybody watch any other soap where people actually have jobs and work?

May 9, 2013 at 12:55 pm
(5) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

I think JJ is cute. Give him a chance. Hey…time fluctuations on a soap are VERY viable. Sometimes a day lasts all week and sometimes we go back in time so much you wonder why the actors are on this because they don’t have to show up for work but maybe once for multi’recordings and played out throughout the month. Recently tragedies kept them off the air yet, still going day by day. I truly think the actors have had a LOT of OFF time….saving money on the paychecks? Very little in front of the camera talking, a lot of flitting from scene to scene. Cameramen must get paid the most! If they don’t they’re up for a RAISE! In my opinion, the writers are so disjointed and immature we may never have a REAL DOOL storyline again. What happened to the storylines about Stephano’s egg n coin? And REALLY? We’re suppose to be happy with Kristen n John meeting in a secret room? C’mon, send Daniel & Jenn to the altar, off to Hawaii for some SCENERY, LIVE. Give us SOMETHING besides the Dimera mansion and VERY used sets. Aw man, give RAFE a WOMAN to LOVE and get him some better storyline. Enough with hurting Rafe! For goodness sake, get Kristen out of there….send her to the “secret woman” overseas. I’m SICK of seeing her. Get NICOLE a REAL MAN and storyline. She’s much easier on the eyes. I’m just sayin’.

May 9, 2013 at 12:57 pm
(6) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

Of Course, GET ABIGAIL AWAY FROM CAMERON. HE DESERVES A REAL WOMAN AS WELL AS RAFE.

May 9, 2013 at 1:03 pm
(7) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

For goodness sake, get ABIGAIL off Cameron. He is a GROWN man and much too good looking for the likes of her. She’s a BAD INFLUENCE….remember what his mother said? She’s a BAD OMEN. Get him a REAL woman. He’s a MUCH better actor than Abigail. She’s spoiled, rich, self-centered, liar, trouble maker….BLEAH. Geez, EJ is really going after Stephano? How worn out is THAT storyline. HE’S further down the line than he was a month ago….can’t the writers’ move on? Again, what’s with these writers? Can’t you get a GOOD storyline AT ALL? Keep SOME ADULT THEMES IN HERE. And I mean TRY to reflect some GOOD DAYS instead of turmoil ALL of the time. This is for entertainment and enjoyment but NOT downtrodden storylines ALL of the time!

May 9, 2013 at 1:12 pm
(8) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

Anthony Tyler Quinn is HOT. No matter what happens to “Marlena” “John” “Sami” “EJ” “Will” “Stephano” “Kate” “Rafe” “Nick” “Gabi” “Sonny” “Abigail” “Daniel” “Jenn” “JJ” “T” “Maggie” “Victor” “Kristen” “Nicole” “Lucas” “Hope” “Cameron” et al… we WANT the Characters on here to be themselves. STOP storylines that ruin the characters’ “Being” on the show. You need to realize that people do NOT change their “spots” to fit the storyline but the storylines to fit the characters! I’m just sayin’. DOOL CAST IS WHY WE WATCH!!!!!

May 9, 2013 at 3:55 pm
(9) john says:

Is jack on the way back?

May 9, 2013 at 8:57 pm
(10) Laurence H says:

No, John….Jack “died” during the DAYS-aster when that guy had Melanie in the tunnels. I don’t like that character JJ at all but he is a cutie. Then again, there are enough “cuties” on this show that can’t act worth a damn (ahem, Daniel, Cameron, Eric, Brady, Rafe, Vargas, and John, who isn’t a cutie, but can’t act)…why do they always go merely for sex appeal. I mean there are well rounded good looking actors out there. Hell, Brad Pitt in his hayday was a good actor…and Tom Cruise, before the scientology and the Oprah. Days is becoming painful to watch now..thank god for Hulu where I can just fast forward though Dannifer, and Ejami, and Bristen, and Jarlena (who comes up with these dumbass meshup of names?)

May 10, 2013 at 8:52 pm
(11) mark says:

I think the new J J is ok. I willing to give him a chance. I was hoping though he would have blonde hair like Jennifer because Abby’s hair is a dark color for the most part.

The only guy on the show with blonde hair is will and even his is a little darker sometimes it looks like. So, they should have another guy with blonde hair on the show.

Maybe if this j j doesnt work out they can do a recast like they did with cameron. lol.

May 10, 2013 at 11:28 pm
(12) tommy says:

Jack “died” because Abigail killed him by refusing to get off the elevator.

I wish they would stop calling Nick a biggit just because he does not approve of deviant fag boys.

May 13, 2013 at 11:16 am
(13) ejk says:

Hey Tommy, just what is a “biggit” and please define” fag deviant boys “while you”re at it.I can see you may be a true source of great facts. Thanks.

May 13, 2013 at 4:25 pm
(14) janiebell says:

Nick clobbered Rafe; after all Rafe was hit from behind. Is that not Nick’s way of doing things? Or E.J. was afraid that Johnny and Sami would come to think more of Rafe than E.J.

May 13, 2013 at 7:04 pm
(15) Joanne says:

Give the new JJ a chance, new kid on the block, Jennifer is not a spring chicken, I think Jennifer and Daniel deserve each other, also I look for JJ to put a big dent in that relationship, Daniel needs to speak clearly, he needs a hair cut and shave, liked him as a stripper tho. As for Abigail she acts like an idiot chasing after Cameron, altho he isn’t any prize either, but on the other hand look what kind of writers we are dealing with, they could take lessons from GH writers!!!!

May 13, 2013 at 7:32 pm
(16) Nyla says:

I’m soooo tired of Jennifer. *sigh*

May 13, 2013 at 7:55 pm
(17) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

JJ is gonna prove that Jennifer is NOT a good mother. Abigail is BAD NEWS, Camerons’ mother said she is a bad omen…that’ll come to play sometime, if the writers don’t suffer from amnesia much longer. They’ve forgotten Stephanos’ mystery woman on the coin, the egg, John & Hope as Stephanos’ puppets, Nicoles’ deep seated sorrow over her mother being killed by someone in the DIMERA family. Kristen has NOT changed from the manipulative person she’s always been and Brady has forgotten who he is totally. Now, they suddenly make Marlena & Roman appear in scenes in which Roman appears happy but John is SO out of whack … I truly liked it when they came back to Salem and he and Marlena were, at least, a happy couple for a while. And you know, some of the hottest scenes were where Rafe & Carrie were in a hot office sweating across from one another. She’s beautiful and Rafe did fit well with her. Todays’ scene broke my heart. Oh Rafe, will we ever see you dance again? sniff sniff I LIKED GALEN on the show. Is he gone forever?

May 13, 2013 at 8:00 pm
(18) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

Oh-h Geez More young bad boys on the scene. One of them has GOT to get Abigail off of Camerons’ track. Why do we need more young men into trouble on the show? Why can’t we have some REAL LOVING action with some of the LongLoves instead of turmoil everyday? Is the world really getting SO bad this art reflects only the worst humans????? I want some real DOOL action which holds onto the longterm FAMILIES OF SALEM!!!!!!

May 13, 2013 at 8:24 pm
(19) Alan Christensen says:

I have nothing against male models but why couldn’t and actor be hired instead of a male model to play JJ? He looks more of Italian decent then anything like Jack or Jennifer. Before I read other comments I knew he was a model the first time I saw him. Also, someone who has spent any amount of time in the UK picks up a bit of the accent. When I was in the military I spent a month there and I noticed my speech pattern had changed slightly.

May 14, 2013 at 8:39 am
(20) Pam says:

Days should have never killed Jack off. He was the one reason I watched the show. He would see to it that his kids were well taken care of, he was the better parent. Plus, his relationship with Jennifer was real and that is something that is rare on a soap. A bit of realism!!!!!!

May 24, 2013 at 5:04 pm
(21) Peggy says:

Oh, just what we needed on this show! Another over-privileged brat whining because he doesn’t like the color of his world!
How about getting some writers who know how to write for adults. Every storyline currently going on appears to be written by 16-year-old girls. EVERY character exhibits childishness as a predominate trait. I’m currently hating John, Brady, Kristen, Sami, EJ, and of course, Stefano. Not because they’re characters we “love to hate” but because they are acting like 10-year-old children. Do we rally want the younger audience (hopefully not TOO much younger) to believe that every quarrel Sami & EJ have can be settled by rushing to their room to have sex??? They disagree on something – she’s a bitch who can “go to hell” and he’s an untrustworthy liar. So they jump into bed and everything is fine – they become loving, caring and respectful of each other. YEAH, RIGHT!
Writers, start putting something out that is believable to a normal adult .

July 4, 2013 at 4:37 pm
(22) debbie says:

jenn and daniel are another bo and hope never ends break up get back together you can watch one hour of dool and miss rest of the week and not miss anything

July 19, 2013 at 7:03 pm
(23) barbara says:

rthink the guy is a very good actor, he makes you despise him! i wish there were some way for jen to get smart and see the con in him.

October 7, 2013 at 3:44 pm
(24) Rotunda Thunder Thighs says:

Listen Up! Casey Moss is doing great as JJ. I know—after earning my degree in drama, I’ve been acting 19 years. That boy can act. And he’s so HOT too. I’m glad he’s on DOOL and that the execs arent going to do something stupid with his character—-like they did with Will Horton (Chandler Massey). Not a wise move!

October 7, 2013 at 3:49 pm
(25) Little IGOR says:

Don’t care about anyone else’s comments. Casey is doing a good job. Been watching the show since 1996. The show needs all the help it can get with a younger actor to spice up things. His controversial role is doing that. Thanks for putting him on. That’s all I want to say. Now, I gotta go get ready for Halloween.