1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By May 14, 2013

casey jon deidrickHere's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives.

There's a new heavy heading to Salem. Look for Derek Magyar to cause plenty of trouble as Jensen in the upcoming weeks for Nick and company. Magyar played the lead character X in the film Boy Culture and portrayed Commander Kelby on the fourth season of Star Trek: Enterprise in 2005. You can check out his Facebook fan page, here.

Casey Jon Deidrick's (Chad) days as Chad could be numbered. The actor's contract with Days expires in June, and there's been no word about him signing a new pact with the show. Meanwhile, Soap Opera Digest has reported that Days is searching for a tall, 20-something, Caucasian actor for the contract role of "Derek." The character is described as charismatic and dangerous if crossed. Speculation is that the casting, might actually be a recast for Chad.

Mary Beth Evans pops up as  Kayla on May 14 in hospital scenes with Nathan Owens (Cameron) and Camila Banus (Gabi).

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Chris Haston

Comments

May 14, 2013 at 6:53 am
(1) BLONDIE says:

Congrats to Casey he’s a big star now, well deserved, I just hope he outs Gabi before he leaves it should have been done long before now,but now is better than never. I am sick of the poor Gabi crap she is just as evil as Nick and they should both go down together. Now that the hospital is front and center (as it should have always been) Mary Beth Evan should been seen alot more. Isn’t she still Chief of Staff besides being a doctor?

May 14, 2013 at 2:38 pm
(2) Darrin says:

good riddance, he’s even worse an actor than shawn Christian. lol

May 14, 2013 at 6:32 pm
(3) Michelle says:

I think one of the problems with Days is the lack of grounding in the show. There should always be a Brady running the police department and a Horton running the hospital. They need to bring back Michael to be Chief of Staff. I love Kayla so I don’t want her to be replaced. I just think she should doctor and Michael should run it.

May 14, 2013 at 8:04 pm
(4) robert says:

chad leaving
is a shame his character was wasted even before days became the daniel and jennifer show

May 14, 2013 at 9:05 pm
(5) Missy says:

I’m over the who Gabi thing with Melanie kidnapping it was over a year ago. Time for others to get over it, half of Salem has done bad and doesnt pay for it, im over that too., time to move on its mid 2013 new storylines are here old ones are yesterday news and so 2012 …

As for chad I had read they were thinking of recasting chad with a different actor , since the actor now contract is almost up.

May 14, 2013 at 9:13 pm
(6) Diane says:

I like Chad, why do they keep taking everyone off? Or the good actors are rarely on? I get so mad at the writers. Lucus, Hope, John, Marlena, need on more. I am sick of Kristen, Brady is great get him away from her it’s disgusting!!! Not a storyline. I have watched for over 30 years. This is the worst lul.

May 14, 2013 at 9:23 pm
(7) Yvonne says:

Won’t be sad to see Chad go. I never thought he was a good actor, or believable as Stefano’s son.

May 15, 2013 at 7:06 am
(8) janet says:

If its a recast for chad his name wouldnt be derek that would not make sense!

May 15, 2013 at 9:12 am
(9) cathym says:

#5 Missy, I agree with you about Gabi, I don’t know why everyone says she’s a bad actress, with what is given to her she does a fantastic job and she is very beautiful. Some people comment to take that baby out of her, well, pregnancy is 9 months and you just don’t take a baby out for no reason, only if there is complications and risking the mother and baby’s life.

I think people don’t like her because of the things the writers make her do, if she is given a good love story and she is sweet with the people she works with, everyone will love her. It’s true what you said about everyone else doing worst things and never paid for it, but when they did the bad things everyone hated them too and wanted them out of Days, and everyone loves them now.

Nick was loveable when he started off as a geek intelligent nerd, loved him that way, the writers destroyed his role.

With Chad it’s the same thing, the writers are not doing a good job for his role as Stefano’s son. If he does not look believable as Stefano’s son, maybe it’s because he didn’t raise him and also Chad always said he does not want to do what the Di Mera’s do, he wants to earn his own clean money on his own, nothing wrong with that. He should still love his father and siblings, but he doesn’t have to manipulate, kill, send goons to do his dirty work etc.

May 15, 2013 at 9:53 pm
(10) Jacki says:

I cannot STAND Nick. The actor AND the character. His smug face and horrendous lisp are both incredibly annoying. He has chipmunk cheeks and puffy lips…perhaps the lisp comes from that, but if you’re going to be an actor, get voice/speech lessons to help overcome it. I really can’t stand him.

May 15, 2013 at 10:40 pm
(11) Miselemeas says:

As I have said on some other site, there is absolutely
no reason to get rid of our current gorgeous Chad,he is
a pretty good actor and has charisma ‘to burn’.Get Abby away from
dork Cameron, who is as stilted as one who shall be nameless,and hook her up with Chad.Both of them can act rings around others who
are getting far too much airtime.Slainte

May 16, 2013 at 1:44 pm
(12) jkc says:

Please, Please, Please get rid of Lucas. He is a terrible actor and his role is disgusting. He is a little twirp who has his nose everywhere it doesn’t belong

May 16, 2013 at 2:58 pm
(13) ejk says:

Hey Guys, Lets keep Casey( Chad) on DOOL if only because he seems to be the only reasonable and likable guy there– with a low key acting approach.

Not that she needs it but I vote for Diedre Hall (Marlena) to get a more substantial story line; love watching her and she also comes across as real.

May 16, 2013 at 7:27 pm
(14) Dmitri says:

I must disagree about Lucas. Wonderful actor and character. He belongs in these storylines instead of airhogs EJ and Sami. If anyone should go, let it be EJ. He’s always on the show too much, and I hate the character. The actor is great, so he shoud go to movies or primetime.

May 20, 2013 at 4:07 pm
(15) ELAINE says:

I THINK THEY SHOULD KEEP CHAD…I BELIEVE HE IS WELL LIKED AND WOULD BE BETTER WITH ABIGAIL…I AM GETTING TIRED
OF DAYS CHANGES THAT DON’T WORK…

May 21, 2013 at 1:04 am
(16) Cathy says:

Please DON’T kill off Rafe. I love him. I watch Days because of Rafe. I wish you would put Rafe back with Sammi and leave it that way.

May 28, 2013 at 11:28 am
(17) Ms Tom says:

I love days of our lives always have always will but if Bo isn’t coming back who is next for hope I hope not Vargas but love is love so may be.Thank u fa Johnny swiping the Kristin picture cause Brady ex my Ethan from passion my soulmate in another life don’t deserve that but he was so gullible when it came to her PO baby LOL …

June 6, 2013 at 9:49 am
(18) Nana golf says:

The whole bunch is messed up. The writers suck. Marlena and John should never fight. Brady’s a wimp and should not be. Sick of Rafe getting the crap beaten out of him every ten minutes. Nick storyline is gross. Jennifer is pathetic. Grow a pair. JJ is a brat. What is up with Chad’s one millionth hairstyle? Yuk. Abby, make up your mind. Kristen is disgusting. Throw that hair around somewhere else. I guess I should just stop watching. Bo is gone.

June 13, 2013 at 7:05 pm
(19) brenda burnett says:

Bring bo. Back and leave bo hope. And john and marksman along let them be happy.