1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By June 4, 2013

Wally KurthHere's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives.

Look for more appearances by Wally Kurth (Justin) and Judi Evans (Adrienne) in the upcoming months, as their storyline heats up; specifically around the Sonny/Will drama and the unseemly associations Justin is making as a lawyer.

"We have some really good stuff coming up. We're on a lot," says Kurth, noting that he and Evans shot some great scenes on Monday, June 3.

"It's great to have a writer that likes us," adds Evans. "Not that the other writers didn't. Dena (Higley) liked us, too."

There have been conflicting reports about this young actor's future at Days. Some sources insist that he's leaving when his contract expires later this month; while other insiders maintain that he'll be staying put. Stay tuned for more information in the weeks ahead.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

June 4, 2013 at 8:56 am
(1) BLONDIE says:

Casey I hope they are not referring to you. I have seen you on primetime tv and you were great but I don’t want you to leave Days.
You and EJ could do great things and get back with Abigale and quit playing the 3=way with Cameron.

June 4, 2013 at 10:44 am
(2) Elena says:

“This young man?” Who do you mean? I really hope it’s not Casey. He’s really talented. We need him on our show!

June 4, 2013 at 6:10 pm
(3) mark says:

I hope Chad is not leaving as well. I know one thing though I HATED soap opera digest this week. It said big changes ahead on Days and on the inside not one mention of Days and the big changes. It only talked about the new OLTL and the new AMC. The issue was very misleading. I hate it when soap opera digest does that. : (

June 4, 2013 at 8:20 pm
(4) Darrin says:

Casey Diedrick is a horrible actor, and his character has been useless since the beginning, when Mia left, she should have left right along with her, I don’t know why they feel the need to connect useless characters ( not to mention horrible actors ) to major families to keep them on the show, ex shawn Christian as dr. Jonas being maggies son, they should just be sent to the chopping block, ugh we’ll never be rid of Daniel.

June 4, 2013 at 9:05 pm
(5) cathym says:

I hope Casey stays, so much potential, I wonder if it was Stefano’s plan with prison guards working for him to let Jensen out of prison to take care of Nick for Sami and Will.

June 5, 2013 at 12:52 am
(6) Chris says:

It could be Chandler Massey as well, his contract is coming up soon as well. I have heard rumors that Casey is leaving and with Chandler and Casey being roommates, best friends, and bandmates. He might not be far behind him if Casey does leave.

June 5, 2013 at 1:48 am
(7) Britha says:

WHO CARES! I can’t stand any of the younger actors (they’re overrated especially Chandler just because he is playing a gay character) and I’ve never cared for Wally or Judi as actors.

June 5, 2013 at 3:09 am
(8) Missy says:

It actually is Casey they are talking about I had read about it two months ago but like they just said in the article he may stay around who knows.

And as for people saying who cares they do or they would not take time to read the article than comment so they care. They comment they care that’s the truth .

June 5, 2013 at 8:53 am
(9) Tammy says:

I actually hope JJ will be the one leaving he is nothing but trouble and Jen and Daniel already been through so much why keep throwing everything at them.

June 5, 2013 at 11:33 am
(10) Karen says:

I agree, I don’t like the JJ character, why does Days keep throwing everything at Jen and Daniel, leave them be for a while they have been thru enough. And I agree Chad’s character is just useless he hasn’t done anything in months either get rid of him or have him team up and do something interesting with stefano.

June 5, 2013 at 3:44 pm
(11) Brenda says:

I’very read that Casey has re-signed and is sticking around.

June 6, 2013 at 12:08 pm
(12) ejk says:

I think Chandler Massey is one of the best actors on Days including the “older” cast members.
He handles whatever is tossed to him and projects empathy and sensitivity quite well.You tend to be on his side,no matter how dubious the plot is
.Not just the “gay” character; he is talented beyond his years.

June 6, 2013 at 1:48 pm
(13) Sally says:

I think the writers need to have “Justin and Adrienne” on more, they know how to act. On the otherhand, the writers need to send “JJ” back to boarding school and have him take a LOT of acting lessons, he needs to take his friend with him. These two cannot act! Sorry boys, maybe it is their clean looks that makes them unbelievable.

June 6, 2013 at 5:09 pm
(14) mark says:

How do u people know when actors contracts end on the show ? used to u could read all about contracts of actors on Days about when they end and begin and stuff like that and now you dont see it anymore.

June 6, 2013 at 9:01 pm
(15) Rob Wilco says:

Hi everyone. I was just moving a full keg of Budweiser and it tilted and bottom came down on the top of my left foot and you know what? IT HURTS LIKE LIVING HELL! YEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! OF TO THE ER FOR ME!!!!!!

June 20, 2013 at 1:51 am
(16) Jake Gyllenhaal says:

I think Chandler Massey is a solid actor BUT I do believe he’s a bit overrated. Two Emmy awards for playing a gay role. I guess it pays for straight young actors to play gay LOL!

Seriously though, I always felt that Massey is very uncomfortable with the sexual scenes with Freddie Smith the guy who plays Sonny. I do agree with the others Casey Diedrick isn’t that great an actor sometimes he does a good job but other times I feel he is just reading his lines. I hear that Casey has gotten other roles though on NBC Revolution and Glee so it is not like he won’t get work if he leaves Days.

Also, Casey and Chandler are good friends they live together so I can see them both leaving at the same time maybe later this year.

June 21, 2013 at 12:50 pm
(17) Candy Logan says:

In my opinion, there are two actors on Days that NEED to leave because they are without acting ability and are truly annoying: Casey Dietrick (Chad) and especially, Drake Hogestyn (John Black). I realize that John and Marlena are fan favorites to many, but Drake H. has not aged well and has developed some facial mannerisms that are so strange that if a brand new actor were to show the same squinting and sneering side-glance look in every scene, as Drake H. does, he would be laughed off the stage. What’s even MORE ANNOYING, is his VOICE, or lack of one. Why hasn’t someone told him to QUIT WHISPERING all the time!!!!!Let’s face it–It is time for him to go and give the still effective and beautiful Marlena a new storyline complete with new love interest. Days writers did the right thing when they let Peter Reckell go because he too had not evolved over the years. He was like a dear old Dad figure, too soft and comfortable and no longer handsome enough to keep up with the beautiful and vibrant Hope. I like Hope and Justin as a possibility for a future pairing but with a real passionate storyline this time. And in closing, I hope Casey D. is replaced. He’s far too goofey-looking (never gets his hair right) and as if he wasn’t boring enough–his VOICE sounds like he has really bad ALLERGIES. He’s not an asset to Days. It’s time to take action, Days writers!!