1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By July 2, 2013

freddie smithHere's the latest Days of Our Lives comings and goings casting news.

Tyler Sellers begins a recurring role as Brent on July 2. The character is an old friend of Sonny's who comes to Salem for a visit. Fret not Wilson fans. The guy won't pose a romantic threat to Will/Sonny. However, he will have an affect on their relationship. You can check out a photo of him, here.

Jen Lilley (ex-Maxie, General Hospital) makes her long awaited debut this week as a mysterious new girl in town named Theresa. Her first air date is July 3, and she shares scenes with Casey Moss (JJ). As previously reported, her character is slated to be a major bad girl.

After a long absence, Brendon Coughlin returns as Will's pal T. He's back in time for Salem's July 4th celebration.

Laura Kai Chen has begun a stint as special prosecutor Melinda Trask.† She'll continue to appear on the show as Sami awaits her fate in the Bernardi murder investigation.

Elizabeth Roberts is portraying Bernardi's widow Marge. Roberts may look familiar to soap fans. She played Sally Hightower on The Young and the Restless back in 2010.

JJ's pals Cole and Bev are being played by Riley Bodenstsab and Allison Paige, respectively. This is Paige's second time on Days. Back in 2008, she recurred as Jill.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Chris Haston

Comments

July 2, 2013 at 1:05 pm
(1) Ann Remmert says:

Get rid of JJ he sucks…and get jen and Daniel married

July 2, 2013 at 2:32 pm
(2) BLONDIE says:

Do you think bringing a bunch of low life losers on as JJ friends are going to get people watching? Think again you will lose anyone that is left watching. JJ is a non person who has no part of this show. He is Jens badboy son (WHO CARES) who has been in boarding school since he was a child because he had no purpose on the show. Get over yourself if you are writting about something that happened in your life does mean if will work on Day’s.

July 2, 2013 at 3:07 pm
(3) mouse says:

glad to see T again.

I don’t like JJ either. I want Daniel and Jen together.
I’m tired of the same stuff breaking them apart.

July 2, 2013 at 3:11 pm
(4) D says:

Daniel & Jennifer are the worst pairing this show has ever produced. It astonishes me that they even have fans. You should shake your heads.

July 2, 2013 at 3:26 pm
(5) mary says:

Going into this JJ thing and his friends to me isn’t a good idea. You might lose some viewers. Personally JJ needs to go back to school or somewhere. Either get Jen and Daniel together soon or move on. Poor Daniel how much can he take? This is really getting boring.

July 2, 2013 at 5:34 pm
(6) Linda says:

JJ needs to go…hate his character just a female Chloe as far as I am concerned……. Jen is STUPID..have her wise up, send JJ off either to jail or boarding school and have her marry Daniel.. bring back the old DAYS characters….Julie, Doug, the core group what is left….. John and Marlena together or put Roman in the mix… been watching for 44 years..never saw such bad writing except for the time that Marlena was levitating…ugh.. btw the storyline with Kristin is excellent great actress that you love to hate..have Stephano pay for his crimes once and for all !!!!!

July 2, 2013 at 5:48 pm
(7) Sally Sauter says:

I have voiced this opinion before -”JJ” needs to go back to boarding school (or acting school). He and his friends are totally worthless on this show! Jen and Daniel have been through enough – get them together for good and let someone have a happy life on this show. The writers need to either _hit or get off the pot as far as Bo is concerned. He has been gone/out of the picture long enough, they need to totally get rid of him or bring in a replacement (the replacement won’t be as good as Peter Reckell) but at least there would be someone. I am kind of glad that “Chad” is leaving the show, he has become a PITA (pain in the a__). Too bad he can’t take big brother “EJ” and big sister “Kristin” with him!!

July 2, 2013 at 9:17 pm
(8) Brenda says:

I think it is time to get a nanny cam set up in Jen’s living room without JJ knowing about it. That way Jen has proof of everything that JJ has been up to and lying about all this time. Don’t let him break up Jen and Daniel.

July 2, 2013 at 9:44 pm
(9) Missy says:

I speak for myself nobody speaks for me. Im not a fan of JJ but I’m not going to stop watching just because they have some people on there playing his friends.thats a ridiculous reason not to watch new people get added all the time its nothing new.

July 2, 2013 at 11:12 pm
(10) mareebee says:

Tired of Dan & Jen breaking up all the time. I would love to see them get married.

So D, why do you say that they are the worst pairing? Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean that they don’t have fans. I really don’t understand the hate.

July 3, 2013 at 2:26 am
(11) fanny says:

I don’t hate Dan & Jen but I’m not crazy about them either.
First of all, she is not the Jennifer that I knew. She used to have a personality and she was bubbly and funny and now, she is just a drama queen. As for Daniel, he has been with so many women in such a short time, it is very hard to take him seriously. This couple does nothing for the show. DAYS was at its lowest in the ratings during the whole Dan-Jennifer-Chloe saga.
And by the way, Dan & Jen made Daytime Confidential’s list of 10 worst couples of 2012. They were #4.

July 3, 2013 at 5:44 am
(12) Shenda says:

Let Jen and Dan get married and be happy–and then what?? We can watch them sit around the Horton house eating cupcakes and telling each other how perfect they are? Because that’s all they do unless constant interlopers and obstacles are thrown at these two bores. They’ve made Jennifer a lousy mother, stripped her of her career as a journalist, and made her an idiot just so she can obsess over Daniel 24 hours a day. Worst couple I’ve seen in years.

July 3, 2013 at 4:15 pm
(13) lesstressrx says:

Why does daytime TV themes always have couples getting together a short time then breaking up. Makes no sense to me and that is why daytime is having problems staying alive. They need story lines with substance. Watch any night time soap, such as, The Good Wife, Smash, Nashville and even Rizzoli & Isles that have large elements of a soap opera, yet they have a story line that creates a need to go back for more. Salem has a fine police dept. and they can have all kinds of everyday story lines of drama instead of people walking around drinking coffee and doing absolutely nothing. Shallow. In todayís world that becomes boring real fast. This J J story could actually be good if they had some substance to it, stop Jens enabling him and have him investigated for some crime. It should not include Daniel at all. That is stupid. Actually the storyline with Sami is great, a person innocent is charged for a crime they didn’t do. A good trial would be mentally challenging. Marlena should open her office up and start working real cases. EJ could open an office and be a great lawyer, as he has lived with a family that has broken every law in the land. He could become a good guy, take his dad down via of the law and he and his chosen mate end up being fine outstanding citizens. Blue Bloods,, if anyone watches, is a good example how a honest good family brings together a great audience. I think this show could be great and win every award available if they could find some good writers that aren’t so shallow in their thoughts. The actors are wonderful with much quality, so with a good story Days could really turn around daytime TV. If they donít they will die. As of now they are getting worse and worse. By the way, I started watching with the first show.

July 4, 2013 at 8:30 am
(14) fcenno says:

Is it just me that thinks JJ is the son of Jennifer and Frankie, Billy Warlock. Not Jack. The resemblance is uncanny

July 4, 2013 at 10:55 am
(15) Sammi says:

All I have to say is thank God for DVR boxes; I don’t want to give up on Days, but I find myself fast forwarding through 85% of show. Where’s the creativity? Some of the people writing comments, should be the writers for the show. Lastly, JJ and his friends need to go on a permanent vacation with Jennifer and annoying Abigail. Jenn’s treat.

July 7, 2013 at 11:36 am
(16) Linda says:

I wish they would get rid of Ann she is(big B), hate her besides she does nothing for the show,just like JJ,neither 1 can act.
They need to put Sami and Rafe back together.

July 7, 2013 at 12:08 pm
(17) Linda Covey says:

My oppion is they deffinately need to get rid of Ann and JJ they both suck.
Keep Abigail ,because her and Gabbi are the only 2 young female actresses left.
Get Sami away from Di Mera and back with Rafe where she belongs.

July 8, 2013 at 7:46 pm
(18) Susan says:

Yes, get rid of JJ and let Dan and Jen be a Bo and Hope together. Since Bo isn’t coming back. come on.Let jen and Dan be happy, They could be the new Hostons.

July 8, 2013 at 8:00 pm
(19) Cynthia NJ says:

I am so tired of Jennifer and Daniel plot. And the only thing JJ and his pals will attract might be teenie boppers. We need some meat to the show again, such as EJ and Sami and Rafe and Kate, etc. And Ann is a pain in the neck, but at least she stirs up more excitement than Jennifer. What’s with the sanctimonious Horton clan anyway? Sonny’s mom is a pain butting in to his life with Will. Now Will is leaving in December and Chad in October. All the good looking actors are going. If EJ leaves, I’m done with the show. And settle the Bo issue. Either he’s in or out.

July 8, 2013 at 8:20 pm
(20) rckinrick says:

I agree, I am not a JJ fan and I sure can’t stand his pals. I have never seen working actors that are worse than the pals of JJ. I have watched this show for over 40 years and I am amazed at the Ann character. If she was in HR as she is portrayed to be would be canned in a day!!! I too love the old characters, but, realize new ones are needed to draw new fans, but, trust me when I say JJ is not the answer.

July 8, 2013 at 9:19 pm
(21) callie says:

What is really annoying here is that Jennifer is not an idiot and the writers are making her look like one with the JJ drama. She needs to stand up for herself and feelings for Daniel. She is the mother and JJ is the son. Act like it. Keep her and Daniel together, tell JJ to get over it and grow up and if he doesnt respect her and her happiness then off to boarding school you go again. Even Abigail can’t be in the same room as him when he is acting like a 5 year old. Parker is acting more grown up than him.

July 8, 2013 at 10:09 pm
(22) Debra says:

First of all, so many of the prior posts talk about how long they have watched Days — yet keep saying that the writers should let Jennifer and Daniel be together. I agree that it’s getting ridiculous in that one day they have a huge argument then the next day they make up (sort of), then the next day another argument — so on and so forth for months. The thing is all of us who have watched soaps for years KNOW that even if they let a couple get together most of the time their bliss is very short-lived. I will reiterate what others have said about JJ and his stupid friends. Now they’ve brought on another “bad girl” to interact with him. This is really getting frustrating. I won’t quit watching (have been since 1980), but let’s just say I’ll be doing even more fast-forwarding! Thank goodness for that option. Again, why do they keep booting off all of the long-time actors and actresses and casting these young never-heard-of”s! Do they really think this is what we want to see? I wonder if the powers at be ever read these posts? THEY SHOULD!

July 8, 2013 at 10:15 pm
(23) Anne says:

Jen & Dan are on permanent snooooooze control, and of course JJ guarantees this somnambulistic state of affairs forever. So…..in the meantime, I look to Parker’s very cute nanny to provide some electricity to Dan’s dud life.

July 9, 2013 at 3:00 am
(24) Laney says:

JJJ Deveraux is awful, so now Jennifer looks stupid and ignorant to let her son manage to run her life, and she treating Daniel she doesn’t deserve him

July 9, 2013 at 6:48 am
(25) V says:

So agree am sick of JJ he needs to go get a life and finally leave Daniel&Jen so tired of the writers breaking them up let them be married,make their fans happy they belong together.

July 9, 2013 at 10:11 am
(26) Joanne says:

I am thoroughly disgusted by the writers allowing Kristen to seduce a Catholic Priest!! May she and the Writers burn in hell for this story line. If the videos ever come to Be shown to everyone days of our lives will lose this viewer of 40+ years.

July 9, 2013 at 10:37 am
(27) evelyn says:

jen and daniel are sooooooo booooring they suck they are the ones who should get the boot and i am rooting for nicole and brady to get romantic

July 9, 2013 at 1:26 pm
(28) teresa says:

I like JJ, just wish they would give him a better part instead of showing other people like kids who might watch the show also bad influence like that, but anyways I hope he has a change of heart like let JJ and Parker go fishing or something and Parker ends up falling in the River and JJ jumps in to save him and JJ ends up drwning and Danial saves JJ’s life and JJ has a change of heart towards him and they start to get close and JJ looks at danial as a father figure now and thinks its a good idea for Jenn and Danial to be together but its to late Jenn don’t have feelings for Danial no more and Danial feels the same way so it would be up to JJ to get them back together.

July 9, 2013 at 1:33 pm
(29) Diane says:

I can’t stand J.J. And I’m really tired that Kristen is doing these things to Erick. Don’t the writers have any Holyness in them.

July 9, 2013 at 3:37 pm
(30) Joanne says:

GET RID OF JJ LET HIM GET CAUGHT WITH HIS DRUGS, THROW HIM IN JAIL ALONG WITH HIS LOSERS FRIENDS, AGREE DON’T THEY GO BARE FOOT? MAYBE THAT WILL CLICK IN THAT SMALL BRAIN OF HERS, BRING CHLOE BACK WITH DANIEL, JENNIFER NEEDS TO GROW UP, SHE PLAYS A STUPID BORING ROLE, HER AND DANIEL DO NOT CLICK, DUMP HER DANIEL, YOU ACT LIKE A STAR STRUCK TEENAGER AROUND HER I FIND THAT SICKENING!!

July 9, 2013 at 6:46 pm
(31) Linda says:

I agree. Get rid of JJ and get Daniel and Jen married.

July 9, 2013 at 7:01 pm
(32) Dave42 says:

I haven’t been able to watch the show in months …..but from what I remember of Daniel and Jennifer, they weren’t that great together. Watching them, I got the feeling that the writers just wanted ‘love interests’ for the two of them …or maybe they put an ‘interest’ there, so that Carly and Jack would have competition. I don’t know. Either way, it would be Cool if Days were to bring back the characters of Jack and Bo ! Maybe they were on some sort of ‘secret I.S.A. mission’ …or something. My point is, that They Are very popular characters, and Days has come up with similar stories to bring back supposedly dead characters.
Roman really needs a romantic story-line …that results in a wife for him ! And for his two children with Kate, to return !
I know that I’ll get arguments from writing this; but I believe that Daniel and Carly had better chemistry ! Oh, and I’m glad that Days brought t. back !! His character brings a lot of chaos and a differing of opinion, which is closer to real life. In real life, not everybody agrees ….and so a bit of disagreement would be refreshing. People can have those, and yet still stay friends !! T. needs a story-line of his own, that keeps him in Salem.

July 9, 2013 at 9:38 pm
(33) audrey says:

Get rid of jj

July 9, 2013 at 11:54 pm
(34) shirley says:

get rid of jj,,bring Peter Rekell ( Bo ) back….please ,,,

July 10, 2013 at 1:08 am
(35) S.J. says:

The writers on this show are the perfect example of EVERYTHING that is wrong with our country and most of the world today. They seem to think that Faith, Morals and decency are completely out of fashion and no one wants to see a story about honest hardworking people living decent lives. To them that is boring. Sure would be nice to see Days go back to it’s core families and their roots. Of course there would have to be a villian or two now and then to spice the story lines up. But this Days fan ( I have been watching since it’s premiere episode) is absolutely sick of seeing criminal degenerates and immoral bedhoppers getting away with lying , cheating, stealing and worse day in and day out!
I remember when Days was a winner in the Daytime Drama category and was fun to watch. Lately it has become more like wqatching a train wreck and wondering when these stupid people are going to finish completely destroying what was once the best “Soap” on TV!!.

July 31, 2013 at 4:32 pm
(36) Pam says:

I have a lot I could say but I’m gonna try to make it short. I too have watched DOOL since the beginning and I will watch it till the end. I agree somethings need to change with the show. But not everything…..Give Jk a chance not fond of his story, but he’s not responsible for that, he’s responsible for the acting. The whole Bo storyline needs resolved one way or another…..either kill him off without a body(so if he ever wants to come back) or replace already, its been much to long. My other comment is bout Sami she needs to be back with Rafe. Plz get Roman and Lucas somebody they both need more air time.

July 31, 2013 at 7:40 pm
(37) Susan says:

I second the, “Thank God for DVR’s” comment. Tired of the JJ storyline. Tired of the Dan / Jen on again/off again storyline. I skip through most of the storylines. Bored.

September 11, 2013 at 2:32 pm
(38) vinita says:

J.J sucks i would really like for jen n dan to get married he is the only oen in the way…..J.J should be in the lock up for years!!!