1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Janet Di Lauro

Peter Reckell and Days: No Agreement Could Be Reached

By July 22, 2013

peter reckellPeter Reckell (ex-Bo) set the record straight about what has -- and hasn't -- been happening regarding the question Days of Our Lives fans want answered: Is he heading back to the NBC soap?

"Ken and I talked, and as before we could not come to [an] agreement,"  posted Reckell on Twitter, referring to Days' executive producer Ken Corday.

Reckell also addressed reports that he was in talks with General Hospital.

"As for the rumors about other soaps, including DOOL, over the last year," added Reckell. "Those were started by people who thought they could benefit from them. The doors that are opening for me are not in daytime TV."

So, for now, Bo will not be turning to Salem, and Reckell won't be popping up on another soap. Got that?

Meanwhile, Reckell remains grateful to his devoted fans for their continued interest.

"Thanks as always for your generous love and support. : -) : -)  : -)" he posted.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

July 22, 2013 at 1:18 pm
(1) Loraine says:

No Peter, I am not a devoted fan. You have let down long tome viewers with lies about “spending time with family” etc. and what it really was all the time was MONEY$$$$$. I guessed that anyway. Peter, you are getting long in the tooth and should appreciate a long time job. I hope they replace you, because I for one do not miss you. Anyone can take over, and you will will forgotten very soon.

July 22, 2013 at 1:27 pm
(2) carla says:

Lorraine you are soooooooooooooooooo wrong about Peter it is not about money Peter said so himself in an interview months ago shame on you and others for thinking that about him there are more important things to an actor than money Like integrity and being respected as an actor. I suggest those of you who think it’s always about money just shut up and go away and worry about your own finances if that’s what you think everyone else is worried about , you have no clue what anyone is about if you think they are being blinded by money and only money it doesn’t buy happiness.

July 22, 2013 at 1:38 pm
(3) Jane says:

Both Drake and Peter are hardly great actors. They are wildly overrated by the Days fan base.

July 22, 2013 at 2:09 pm
(4) Edward says:

That’s a fact Carla… Integrity and Respect. Peter Reckell is pretty much a generational actor portraying the role of Bo Brady (since the early 80′s)… It’s HIS role and should not be replaced/recast. I kept vomiting in my mouth during the Robert Kelker-Kelly years as Bo Brady. I hope HOPE joins a convent until Peter Reckell is 1000% ready for his return. Oh and Jane, whether or not Drake and Peter are great actors, they’re family and have done memorable, phenomenal work for the show and genre. If you see something you don’t like, blame the writers who think up these actors lines/storylines first.

July 22, 2013 at 2:27 pm
(5) Teresa says:

I have been a fan of peters since day 1. bo and hope were my couple. i am definitely not the fan i was as i dont even watch it anymore, but there is no other bo brady but peter reckell . I also really don’t think it was a strictly monetary issue. after 30 years on the show and selling his house in CAI am sure he is set financially. I hope he comes back sometime. I might even watch it again.

July 22, 2013 at 4:53 pm
(6) Jane says:

Edward, that may be. However, at the end of the day, Days is better off without them. I just don’t see the appeal.

July 22, 2013 at 7:15 pm
(7) judy says:

Peter I miss you as Bo please come back I love you as Brady

July 22, 2013 at 8:24 pm
(8) Gail Glassman says:

If Peter Reckell doesn’t want to continue the role of Bo; would it be possible to recast him with Robert Kelker Kelly, who has played him before??

July 22, 2013 at 8:38 pm
(9) marie says:

The show is not the same without Bo and Hope. Nobody can play Bo except Peter Reckell. Come back Peter. I have been watching since high school and the show is just not the same.

July 22, 2013 at 10:10 pm
(10) Deborah Hale-Martin (Shoop) says:

Please come back(or should I say go back) to Days of our lives. I miss seeing u on there,everyone does probably exspecially ur daughter.

July 23, 2013 at 12:16 am
(11) EA says:

I wouldn’t mind at all Robert Kelker Kelley since I remember those days and thought he did very well. Days has done terrible handling the story line of Bo since “gone” and now let’s just get passed it I say.

July 23, 2013 at 5:35 pm
(12) CynthiaG says:

It’s too long since Bo’s been away. Hope needs a husband and the kid needs a dad. Get a new actor or kill off the character! I say get a replacement.

July 24, 2013 at 4:17 pm
(13) Cindy says:

Kill Bo off the show and we don’t have to listen to any of this. It is just TV

July 25, 2013 at 9:46 am
(14) cathym says:

Since EJ and Justin took care of Stefano there is no reason for Bo to find evidence on his trip, so the writers should let Hope ask him to come back home especially for Ciara’s sake, and since Peter Reckell is not coming back to Days, the writers should let Bo refuse to come home and that will cause them arguments and a divorce, and then Hope could move on, but not have Bo killed, I don’t want to see Ciara, Caroline, Victor and Maggie, also Hope suffer of grief.

July 25, 2013 at 12:27 pm
(15) Roseanne says:

Now that Peter Reckell is not coming back, please give storyline to Kristian Alfonso. Its despicable that she is relegated to the back burner, bring on a new love interest for her I am sick that the show is completely centered on the character of Kristin (Eileen Davidson) she is on screen more than any other character. The character was awful back in the nineties why did they bring her back. It is like she has become the main attraction on the show. There is no Hope, Marlena, John and a few other characters. Thank God we still see EJ, Sami and Nichole they are three of the best characters.

I am so fed up with Days that I have mainly shut down the show. Days was always about the Horton’s and the only one I see is Jennifer. She is good but more as a supporting character.

They want to ramp up Days bring characters that we love, I think Days and General Hospital one day will also be cancelled. There not doing a good job and they should take a cue from Young and the Restless it is truly the best soap, that’s why they continue to be NUMBER ONE.

July 29, 2013 at 7:03 pm
(16) Tammy Fisher says:

I have followed No and Hope’s love story since I had to sneak out of bed at nap time and hide under the kitchen table to watch it. They have the kind of love story that only comes in fairy tales. Bo has always been played by Peter. When you InvisionBo Brady you see Peter’s face. I wish he would come back to the show.

July 29, 2013 at 8:16 pm
(17) Rachel Melton says:

Bring back Robert Kelker Kelly as Bo

July 29, 2013 at 8:26 pm
(18) Sally says:

Sorry . . . but it IS all about the money. I have a relative who works in the industry and this is what it’s all about.

July 30, 2013 at 12:27 am
(19) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

Roseanne you can just go your own way and shut up. Peter made his bed so he can lay in it. This IS a SOAP OPERA, his life IS NOT. The grass is greener for him living HIS OWN LIFE. It’s a good thing the writers don’t have a choice in what he does from now on out. Hope is a major cog in the soap and we love her getting her job done being one character who has maintained her DIGNITY. A WOMAN with her head on straight doing a good job. OK the writers favor her. The writers favor Kristen, Brady, WILL & SONNY, Eric, Sami & EJ. They do not favor children, older generation NOR OUR FEELINGS ABOUT HOW THEY ASSASSINATE CHARACTERS. They don’t or haven’t read the history of the characters nor kept them IN CHARACTER. It’s become The Twilight Zone. There is NO STORYLINE resembling the cast as they were on DAYS OF “OUR” LIVES….it’s resembling the way the world is right now….disarray and confusion and chaos with the actors at the writers’ whims. Get ready folks, Chad and Will are leaving for greener pastures as did Peter. If they think we’ll be happy with Rafes’ new love being the Detectives widow they have another think coming. And get Kate OUT OF HIS LIFE. How the heck did either of them get into Rafes’ room??!?? Maxine should have run them out of there today. See? The writers don’t even hold true to what’s going on with Rafe. He should still have a police guard at his door….no one in except hospital personnel doing personal care for Rafe. And PLLEEAASSEE Adrianne being a “gung ho” protector for Sonny? And there Sami is in jail…. so we see her kids on a video? REALLY??!??

July 30, 2013 at 12:28 am
(20) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

I was happy when Rafe was released from Stephano and when John & Marlena came back to Salem and when Carrie & Austin were in Salem. Austin can stay away but I’d be happy to see Carrie back in Salem after hearing Rafe is in the hospital and heat up their romance. That’s what we’re lacking right now, REAL ROMANCE. The other “romances” have to do with revenge or just illusions. Remember when half of Salem was in the “safe house” and how relieved we were when they ALL survived….since then we lost Lexie, Bo, John…. STEPHANO is in ill health so he’s not going to be back on scene much from now on. He’s in “semi retirement”. Whatever happened to the storyline about his egg and coin and the mystery woman named on the coin? That had SOME intrigue. I thought of Daniel as a fine standing MD until Chloe came through. It was great to see Jenn & Daniel at the cabin having an encounter much deserved. But JJ? his sister? Cameron? T? Sonnys’ old friend? Pfftt These characters don’t hold water anymore. The writers are immature, senseless and just plain stupid about holding an audiences attention other than sex and “making out” scenes. I know in February we saw everybodys’ bedroom plus there have been enough hotel scenes to gag a maggot. This is DAYS OF THE TRULY MORONIC. Forget storylines which are about the families of Salem. The writers have done everything possible to just run through them like they are a brush hog.

July 30, 2013 at 1:26 am
(21) Jeanie says:

I read in an interview Peter did he said he left because he didn’t like the scripts and the lack of storyline for his character. We can blame the writers again – or are they just following orders from higher up and are told what to write about?

July 30, 2013 at 7:17 am
(22) Sherbert says:

NO NO NO NO Do not bring back Kelker-Kelly. He was horrible as Bo. I love and miss Peter Reckel and wish he would return, but if there is no real storyline for him, why bother? As for replacing him, fine with me, but not with K-K. I have seen lots of recasts, and most of them I learned to like. However, I NEVER liked K-K. Blech ! ! ! !

July 30, 2013 at 12:26 pm
(23) Angela says:

Have Rafe take over as Hope’s love interest and take over as the main male hunk, he deserves it. Peter was exclusively Bo but Ken and the writers have been so unfair to him, its not fair for an actor of his talent to stick around just to scold Sami… she is sickening btw, hogging every storyline…BUT I for one wish Peter the best, he deserves better, after all folks, it is their business, not days of OUR lives.

July 31, 2013 at 3:28 pm
(24) Rhonda says:

Drake and Peter would be a great loss to a great soap but things change as we all know and we move on I do hope something changes with Ken and the writers to bring Drake and Peter back but if not Certainly the show must go on but we will always miss magnetism the laughter intrigue that D
rake and Peter brought to The Days of Our Lives Thankyou Gentlemen

July 31, 2013 at 7:22 pm
(25) mary says:

I would love to have Peter return as Bo . If this is impossible then let Hope move on, preferrable with Rafe. There is not couple of Days that go together anymore, including Sami and EJ. JJ needs to go!!!!!!!!

July 31, 2013 at 8:56 pm
(26) Samidimera says:

Shut your pie hole up about Peter Reckell! He had his time on the show! He is the past! They should keep the young ones and make new storylines for them!

August 1, 2013 at 1:44 pm
(27) Joanne says:

I am thrilled Peter Reckell will not be returning to DOOL!!! If you read this Peter please don’t go to GH as they don’t need you!!! Days if you insist on the Bo character why not offer the part to Robert Kelker-Kelly and Hope can move on. Love EJ and Sami together, let them find the razor,, let Sami out of Jail, let’s see more of Kristen and Brady, love the story line, can’t wait for Will to leave, have Sonny go straight and fall for Gabi, Nick a loser hope they do not get back together!! Hope Chad gets a decent haircut soon!!

August 1, 2013 at 3:15 pm
(28) gpop says:

Peter can go. Recasting happens all the time. Don’t just say offer it to K-K. First of all, he’s a real person with other things going on (hopefully not acting because he sucks at it) and secondly, he was never a believable Bo.
Hope doesn’t need a man to be a great character. She’s doing a great job on her own.
The new story lines are getting a bit drab. I don’t like JJ’s story line — he’s about to overdose…sounds a lot like Y&R at the moment.

I want Gabi and Cameron to get together. I don’t like Kristen/Brady storyline AT all. Glad to see that will be over soon.
They have made Nicole sooo weak when she was such a strong vibrant character!
I actually love Sami so I don’t mind her storyline at least it brings some energy to the show.

I’m also VERY tired of Jennifer and Daniel. They should just call it quits. What are they in high school? Mature adults know that love is not enough.
Theresa’s character is sooo stupid. Fire her ass, why put someone like that in charge of so many confidential files? STUPID!!!

August 7, 2013 at 10:29 pm
(29) unicorn1 says:

Lorraine, you must be a new viewer and a young one a that. Days has been around for as long as it has because of LOYAL Fans, I have been watching since the early 1980′s and am in my early 40′s. I remember having Peter’s pic on my locker wall in high school. I get it you are not a fan of his, but do you really have to be insulting. These people do a job, and as we all know, sometimes we don’t see eye to eye with the boss. I get that Days wants to attract new viewers thats why they have all the new people with a full story lines, while the veterans are so scarce on screen that you almost forgot they are on the show. Days got a lot of the old fans to start watching again when they brought back Marlena and John only to put them on the back burner. I am sorry, but if you think that watching Gabi & Nick getting together was interesting, I suggest you change the channel, because Days was interesting when the actors were given roles that kept you at the edge of you seat, mind you I still watch but I have to admit that most of the time I PVR it and watch when I am doing my household chores like laundry. The last time I probably actually sat down and watched the entire episode was when Sami and EJ got together. Personally I hope that Days wake up and USE THE ACTORS that have kept the fans coming back year after year and get rid of the excess baggage. LIKE JJ, Teresa, Gabi (she has been on so long and yet she is still so darn boring) and Nick to name a few. I would also like to know why Days has still not address the fact that Jennifer is suffering from some sort of Brain Damage hence the complete personality change. I mean whatever happen to the REAL Jennifer, did she get invaded by the body snatchers, because she sure has become a zombie.

August 10, 2013 at 6:15 pm
(30) Lori says:

Bring Peter back. He and Stephano are DOOL originals. The show has morphed into something unrecognizable. Please…….

August 12, 2013 at 9:25 pm
(31) Diana Jones says:

I thank Bo will be missed by many.me for one for sure. i just wish the writers would quit dragging this thing out about JJ it’s past time Jen caught him.and have some time with Daniel.

August 16, 2013 at 1:00 pm
(32) Scott says:

According to imdb.com, he has not acted or is acting in ANYTHING since leaving DOOL, that is except he is acting like a jerk. I can’t believe that the show still lists his name first on the “info” setting (FIOS) of every episode of DOOL.

August 19, 2013 at 9:44 am
(33) Liz says:

I have been watching since the mid 70′s. When they were not allowed to swear, have bedroom scenes, or display same sex relationships. I have no problem with any of it except it has changed the wholesome content of the entire program. I have stopped watching and no longer DVR it.

September 7, 2013 at 9:40 pm
(34) Terry Ruth says:

What is wrong with you? You have Shane and Kimberly back (been waiting for them a long time. Bo now is the time you can come back and be as before ISA, have time at home with Hope and at home with your family. If you don’t wake up now Days of our Lives you to will become a has been. You forget it is us who stay at home and watch soap Operas, not those in Colledge. PLEASE BO BE HONEST AND COME BACK TO DAYS AND BE TRUE TO US.

October 28, 2013 at 6:44 pm
(35) CAROLE says:

PETER,

RETURN OR LEAVE—–JUST DECIDE!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU RETURN.

November 1, 2013 at 6:28 pm
(36) llkuhrts says:

There is no one to replace Peter as Bo. If he is not coming back, please cut the ties, I just can’t see the disappointment in little Siara eyes when excuses have to wrote in the script. Just get rid of Bo. Although, he was one of my favorites. Have a grand funeral and put it to rest.

November 7, 2013 at 4:26 pm
(37) Jo Dean says:

I want peter to come back as a lot of fans do. I have heard say that he wanted more air time and not put on the “shelf “so to speak. He is already wealthy he don’t really “need” the money but it does make the world go round!! I think he would come back if they would give some
more air time.

December 27, 2013 at 1:32 pm
(38) Maxine Harrod says:

I’ve been watching DOOL since it first came on television, way back in the 1960′s. I’ve always been partial to the Horton clan and would love to see more of them. As for Peter Reckell, no one can replace him. He IS Bo Brady. If the writers and Mr. Corday chose to write him off, I would like to see a Hope/Rafe storyline be developedd. Also I adore Susan Seaforth and Bill Hayes; their appearance around the Horton Christmas tree and at the hospital Christtman party aren’t enough. Give them a good story line – you know, MANY senior citizens still enjoy an active sex life and wouldn’t it be nice to see a few hot scenes between Doug and Julie???

December 30, 2013 at 8:58 pm
(39) Amy says:

I have watched Days of Our Lives since before junior high I have loved the story of Hope and Bo, As long as you are happy peter with whatever you decide to do that’s all that matters.!!!! You are one amazing actor!!!
:-D

April 17, 2014 at 9:31 am
(40) Judy from Mt vernon, Ohio says:

I have been a very, very long time not fan, but family member with Days. I’ve watched for over 40yrs. It’s just like life. You have your good times, bad times, and ups and downs. l keep trying to think just how long l have been watching. lt was way back when Julie was still married to Steven. Addie was still on the show. oh how l miss all those actors. I’ve waiting for you to come back. You will be missed. Would love to see you come back. To see Hope with anyone else but you just isn’t right. Tom and Alice were the glue to the show, and when they both past I looked at you and Hope to take their place. John and Marlana were good but I like the first Roman better. The actor who plays Roman now took me awhile to adjust. Because when l looked at him all l saw was Kris C. he is a very good actor too. In fact ALL the stars are great…… When you were gone before and Robert K Keller took your place, well. That was something. He was good and tried to make that part his. He was good, but l was glad you came back. You as well as many of the actors will be missed. I love when they bring some of the older ones in now and then. Like Susan and Bill Hayes. I’ve felt as all of you are a very large part of my family. you will be missed!!!!!! devoted viewer.